SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

41 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I fixed some issues in the next version coming up very soon.

You could always start the game, cast a spell, exit, and share the error log as an attachment.

One possibility is if you have any mod that impacts alchemy and changes ingredients in some way. 

it works now maybe it had something to do with the save because 1 save did work while the other one didn't but it's fixed now :D

1. I know you've probably been asked this a lot but do you have plans to get hdt on the queens armor I know there's the file earlier in the thread but more I guess official to where all alt parts have it you could get someone to do it to lighten your personal load (not me I don't know a lick of armor rigging)

2. so does the wings bit for the queen is it always the back chaurus or is there an alt I'm being blind about

3*. when looking at the alt assets in outfit studio are they supposed to not show a texture such as the liquid armor it shows no image on the model

Edited by Reena_Ribona

Hello @DeepBlueFrog, I just completed the chaurus queen quest and found a couple incompatibilities/bugs:

-A conflict with the mod Facelight Plus ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71063 ): the "glow" effect from the queen body and the dwemer helmet use the same mesh as Facelight, so facelight becomes disabled. The only workaround I can think of is an MCM option/minor power to disable the glow. 

-A possible conflict with Nether's follower Framework (apparently recently deleted from nexus...): I use this one to manage my followers. Unfortunately after becoming queen, my followers are added to their slots when recuited, but they just stand still and do not follow me. I'm not sure if this is due to NFF, or using the seed calm spell earlier (i added it manually via console since neither mating with spiders or eating eggs granted this power). I made sure to dismiss the followers before, and used the calm spell to pacify chaurus along the quest, but the issue still persists when I recruit them after finishing the quest and becoming queen

The second issue is similar to other spriggan quest issues I had where i got the spriggan infection, which randomly casted mass calm spell that effected every NPC in range, not just animals. I will try the chaurus queen quest again without adding or using the calm spell to see if that makes a difference. 

---

(also please forgive the newbie account account since LL's new update locked me out of my old one...) 

2 hours ago, b00tyblues said:

Hello @DeepBlueFrog, I just completed the chaurus queen quest and found a couple incompatibilities/bugs:

-A conflict with the mod Facelight Plus ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71063 ): the "glow" effect from the queen body and the dwemer helmet use the same mesh as Facelight, so facelight becomes disabled. The only workaround I can think of is an MCM option/minor power to disable the glow. 

-A possible conflict with Nether's follower Framework (apparently recently deleted from nexus...): I use this one to manage my followers. Unfortunately after becoming queen, my followers are added to their slots when recuited, but they just stand still and do not follow me. I'm not sure if this is due to NFF, or using the seed calm spell earlier (i added it manually via console since neither mating with spiders or eating eggs granted this power). I made sure to dismiss the followers before, and used the calm spell to pacify chaurus along the quest, but the issue still persists when I recruit them after finishing the quest and becoming queen

The second issue is similar to other spriggan quest issues I had where i got the spriggan infection, which randomly casted mass calm spell that effected every NPC in range, not just animals. I will try the chaurus queen quest again without adding or using the calm spell to see if that makes a difference. 

---

(also please forgive the newbie account account since LL's new update locked me out of my old one...) 

Update on after testing (because apparently I can't edit my own damn posts yet at this rank...) :

NFF was not causing issues, and the calm spell was not interfering with my followers after all. However, all the following issues I mentioned before happened immediately after leaving the dimensional rift (which caused a few HDT and broken hotkey issues for me as well).

Among a few other surprise I am including in this next update of Parasites are retractable Chaurus Blades and Claws (thanks to meshes graciously provided by @MystOfDawn).

They are available as powers, and will be equipped automatically during combat.

If you are wearing the Chaurus Armor (Light armor), you will get the Blade. 

If you are wearing the Chaurus Queen Body (Heavy armor), you will get the Claw.

You can use the powers to equip them whenever, outside of wearing a chaurus armor.

The chaurus weapons act as Bound Weapons and come with a chaurus poison effect.

72850_20210709001327_1.png

72850_20210709102120_1.png

72850_20210709112535_1.png

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
1 hour ago, Xiaron said:

Minor FYI, NFF is available here on LL if it's gone from Nexus.

Yes I discovered that later (and realized that i wasn't using the lastest update). Still even updating NFF did not fix this issue. But I can definitely trace the issues with followers not following to happening exactly after exiting the dimensional rift, with or without followers.  

I tested this twice, once with a follower, and once without. Both times I got the issue immediately after exiting (when I got that same game engine bug where the inventory key/other stuff stops working until a save and reload). When i recruited a follower after completing the quest, the issue still happened. Did DBF accidentally create an actual interdimensional portal that breaks the game or something :joy:?

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Among a few other surprise I am including in this next update of Parasites are retractable Chaurus Blades and Claws (thanks to meshes graciously provided by @MystOfDawn).

They are available as powers, and will be equipped automatically during combat.

If you are wearing the Chaurus Armor (Light armor), you will get the Blade. 

If you are wearing the Chaurus Queen Body (Heavy armor), you will get the Claw.

You can use the powers to equip them whenever, outside of wearing a chaurus armor.

The chaurus weapons act as Bound Weapons and come with a chaurus poison effect.

72850_20210709001327_1.png

72850_20210709102120_1.png

72850_20210709112535_1.png

Oh these look epic! I've been using a falmer axe for RP-ing "claws" but actual claws that are part of the armor will be fun to try out :D

I've actually made a few edits to the final queen armor myself. As much as I like the look of the default queen of blades armor, it can be a bit "blocky" when using the UUNP convert version with large presets.

Instead, I decided to take the falmer heavy armor meshes from the amazing world of bikini armor mod, renamed them to be used for the chaurus queen body, and edited the texture paths in the meshes to use the "queen skin" texture from parasites. The results are quite nice if I say so myself ;) 

Edit: apparently LL won't let me upload the screenshot...

Edited by b00tyblues
22 minutes ago, b00tyblues said:

Oh these look epic! I've been using a falmer axe for RP-ing "claws" but actual claws that are part of the armor will be fun to try out :D

I've actually made a few edits to the final queen armor myself. As much as I like the look of the default queen of blades armor, it can be a bit "blocky" when using the UUNP convert version with large presets.

Instead, I decided to take the falmer heavy armor meshes from the amazing world of bikini armor mod, renamed them to be used for the chaurus queen body, and edited the texture paths in the meshes to use the "queen skin" texture from parasites. The results are quite nice if I say so myself ;) 

Edit: apparently LL won't let me upload the screenshot...

LL is in the middle of an upgrade with badges. That impacts uploads... for a while nobody could upload anything yesterday. Give it some time.

I am curious to see how people customize their queen :)

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

LL is in the middle of an upgrade with badges. That impacts uploads... for a while nobody could upload anything yesterday. Give it some time.

I am curious to see how people customize their queen :)

Got the screenshot to work (took a bit of converting to png/reducing file size). Bask the queen's glory: 

1305680214_enb2021_07_0715_51_47_7.png.8cd984fe06996e4f90d563ad30c58bda.png

1251710177_enb2021_07_0715_47_05_32.png.5d413a2c32b447c6f0280257654d3b0b.png

Assets primarily from the amazing world of bikini armor ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83383 ) and BD UUNP dawnguard armor conversion (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94864 ) which uses assets from bikini armor. The abs armor, fishnet, and bikini bottom are all removeable as I did not include them in the mesh and left them as separate armor pieces in the bikini armor mod (which are still equippable since they use different slots than the queen armor)

The womb tattoo is from the lewd marks mod ( https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/9655-lewdmarks/ ), a racemenu overlay which can now be seen without a full armor mesh covering it. 

Edited by b00tyblues

A short list of some highlights from the upcoming update.

- a redesigned MCM menu

- new menu options to disable skin/color changes

- an option to infect NPCs with parasites as the Chaurus Queen

- NPCs can be also infected if you have sex while carryings full body parasites (tentacles or blackreach spores), face and hip huggers and spriggan fungi.

- as a Chaurus Queen, the player will produce eggs after sex with Spiders, Chaurus and other NPCs

- retractable bound combat claws when wearing the Chaurus armor or Body (with powers to manually equip them)

- several bug and quest stages fixes

- tested all manual equip options

- DD5.1 as a new requirement (I did most of the tests with DD4 and I am not using anything new from 5.1 yet should it should still work fine with the previous version)

You can find a full breakdown of the changes here:

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/milestone/102?closed=1

I am still running a few tests but I should upload the new version sometimes tonight.

72850_20210709170839_1.png

72850_20210709170842_1.png

72850_20210709170847_1.png

72850_20210709170901_1.png

72850_20210709170905_1.png

72850_20210709170911_1.png

72850_20210709170918_1.png

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

- a redesigned MCM menu

- NPCs can be also infected if you have sex while carryings full body parasites (tentacles or blackreach spores), face and hip huggers and spriggan fungi.

- as a Chaurus Queen, the player will produce eggs after sex with Spiders, Chaurus and other NPCs

- retractable bound combat claws when wearing the Chaurus armor or Body (with powers to manually equip them)

- DD5.1 as a new requirement (I did most of the tests with DD4 and I am not using anything new from 5.1 yet should it should still work fine with the previous version)

I am still running a few tests but I should upload the new version sometimes tonight.

72850_20210709170839_1.png

72850_20210709170842_1.png

72850_20210709170847_1.png

72850_20210709170901_1.png

72850_20210709170905_1.png

72850_20210709170911_1.png

72850_20210709170918_1.png

Looking forward to the new updates! Also I ended up doing some more testing about the follower issue I was having and I found a workaround:

-Avoid entering frostflow abyss (turns out the bug was happening even before i entered the rift), only a save immediately before entering frostflow lighthouse worked normally

-Avoid entering blackreach via frostflow (use one of the default entrances like alfthand instead)
-Manually set the quest stages individually when in blackreach (avoiding the dimensional rift) and adding the tonal key via console

-Continue quest with tonal key and defeating the queen as normal

-Get Chaurus queen armor, powers, AND followers working as normal

-???

-PROFIT

My guess is that something happened with the navmeshing and alternate entrances parasites creates. Somehow this bug was even able to affect followers when I didn't recruit them before. Also I did clear out frostflow in a separate quest way back in this playthrough, so that may have had some kind of impact but not sure.

Edited by b00tyblues
4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

- a redesigned MCM menu

im excited for this

The latest files are up with these changes:

I am sure several issues remain but that is the most I can do at the moment. 

Let me know if you run into anything urgent.

RELEASE NOTES for milestone Parasites 2021-07-09

Enhancements:

Bug Fixes:

On 7/7/2021 at 11:50 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

Are you using the latest version?

I just tested everything around that stage and it is working fine. 

Just in case, the next version should be out in a couple of days only.

Upgraded to the latest version, still running into this problem. Worse, when I try to use setstage to move past this, I seem to skip the ritual entirely.

57 minutes ago, HermausMoron said:

Upgraded to the latest version, still running into this problem. Worse, when I try to use setstage to move past this, I seem to skip the ritual entirely.

Here are the conditions to trigger that dialogue with Danica about starting the ritual.

The stage to complete that dialogue is 285, but the quest stage itself doesn't include the trigger to start the ritual. That is included in the dialogue itself.

If you want to skip the ritual, set stage 289, but that will be missing some initializations required for the queen's progression.

I fixed that for the next version.

I will wait a little bit for more bug reports and I will post a patch tomorrow night that will let you skip the dialogue to start the ritual or skip the ritual altogether.

image.png

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

@DeepBlueFrog

Thanks for the update.  After installing it, and restarting my game from the point where I got the (slime?) creature protective cloak firing in all combat situations and also the additional  'Spriggan Fail' thing when engaged with MTBs chainbeasts, it's good to see that both of those seem to have disappeared ? 

So tyvm!

I have an idea for when you get to the "Being the queen" part of the the mod and I want to know your input DBF (I know your not thinking that far ahead just your input would be nice) so I was thinking something out of sneak tools page where people don't know your the queen when your in queen form at first they'll behave like they don't know you unless they see you visibly change (or take your mask off) giving a consequence side where you can be an evil queen where id imagine vilagilentes, hunters, etc want to kill this creature but are a loved dragonborn that everyone likes not knowing your the "creature" making going out as the queen hard oh also another thing I literally JUST thought about for the eventual being queen part is the best way to put it infest a hold or something along those lines so that the captured hold has to take care of the queen and her babies i dont know about like complete takeover (that'd be crazy cool though)

30 minutes ago, Reena_Ribona said:

I have an idea for when you get to the "Being the queen" part of the the mod and I want to know your input DBF (I know your not thinking that far ahead just your input would be nice) so I was thinking something out of sneak tools page where people don't know your the queen when your in queen form at first they'll behave like they don't know you unless they see you visibly change (or take your mask off) giving a consequence side where you can be an evil queen where id imagine vilagilentes, hunters, etc want to kill this creature but are a loved dragonborn that everyone likes not knowing your the "creature" making going out as the queen hard oh also another thing I literally JUST thought about for the eventual being queen part is the best way to put it infest a hold or something along those lines so that the captured hold has to take care of the queen and her babies i dont know about like complete takeover (that'd be crazy cool though)

Thanks for the idea.

I tried making the Chaurus Queen armor turn people hostile against you, but that created too many issues with other quests. 

Right now people will see the transformation as a cool, unique armor (blacksmiths will even comment on what you are wearing).

As for taking over a hold. You cannot enslave a hold but you can infect people with parasites yourself and you can even have sex with NPCs to produce more eggs.

1 minute ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Thanks for the idea.

I tried making the Chaurus Queen armor turn people hostile against you, but that created too many issues with other quests. 

Right now people will see the transformation as a cool, unique armor (blacksmiths will even comment on what you are wearing).

As for taking over a hold. You cannot enslave a hold but you can infect people with parasites yourself and you can even have sex with NPCs to produce more eggs.

well I don't really mean enslave per say cause id imagine that'd be crazy on the scripts and stuff i was thinking more like its just now your hold and your the jarl "cough queen cough" more like whiteruns normal routine happens but now chaurus are walking about hence take care of your babies or a compromise way is "hold" you build ground up (probably using egg power) to create a nest as this hold and if your world status is good you could even i guess do a tradingesk system where you give chaurus type ingredients in some sorta trade system (id say like sheded chitin, unfertlized eggs, etc for lore purpose) again this hold bit was an out of the blue one honestly im more about the sneak tool esk systrm (or queens alingment i guess) as i like to roleplay hiding my queenly form in public

Thanks for the latest update DBF! The tracking and charm powers are now finally being granted properly after eating the eggs, and my character is properly added to the chaurus and spider factions to make them non-hostile. Still having a few issues though:

-The queen claws powers are added after unlocking the first chaurus armor. I'm guessing this was supposed to be added after unlocking the queen armor, but instead it's added at the same time as the blade power (post-chaurus egg consumption)

-Charm spells still don't trigger animations with spiders/chaurus (only sexlab matchmaker's "irresistibly attractive" spells seem to work for that)

-The blade and claw powers are equipped automatically during combat, which auto-removes any other weapons/spells you had equipped before

-Unfortunately I'm still having that follower issue (even after completely avoiding entering frostflow/blackreach and just manually setting the stages to unlock the queen armor). Not 100% sure it's this mod that's causing it, but I've tried updating NFF and cleaning it, but still it persists after passing a certain stage in the queen quest....

Edited by b00tyblues