SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

all i can say is wow, ill update the mods a bit later today for feedback. had a lot of issues from last update so i gave it a rest. but everything looks quite promising. also with the eggs being produced from sex with chaurus, very nice, i used the egg factory mod before to fill in that missing gap from lack of spider/chaurus eggs before so its nice to see that having a function. as for skin changes and all i hope it works better for me then it did last time. never had a glow for long enough to enjoy it. got body changes and all from falmer reasons but as soon as i got them to quite slapping me with their goo and the severe screen brightness away no glow :( but ill play around with the new version. and hop i dont need to make default skin tone blue for it all to work out right

--side note, im rather derpy, i would love to continue using cbbe bodies but there is something aweful with the hips that i dont know how to fix. hollow strips, as well as not having a cbbe hands option when bodybuilding forcing me to use unnp hands for equipment (makes things wierd like seeing the wrist thru the body)

1 hour ago, Reena_Ribona said:

what powers and stuff does the spriggan curse give and what causes it to progress (im not into the slavery part of skyrim mods so i never touched sanguines debauch and learned when it was from that)

The Spriggan infection progresses from exposure to water. The random events trigger if you are swimming or during rain and storms.

The powers are still evolving:

- when you are attcked, the roots can cover you with the equivalent to Oakflesh. They can also attack and poison your enemies, and call nearby wildlife for help.

- the roots also have enchatments like resist disease, reduced speechcraft and I think, waterbreathing for the mask.

1 hour ago, joruuu said:

should these parasites "hip hugger" and "chaurus worms" have animation ?

worms not working atm, but i remember seeing animated "hip hugger" but i cant get it to work so just askin am i idiot or....

None of my meshes have animations.

There is a separate mod for Parasites Animations but I haven't used it yet as it was unstable last time I checked,

10 minutes ago, b00tyblues said:

Thanks for the latest update DBF! The tracking and charm powers are now finally being granted properly after eating the eggs, and my character is properly added to the chaurus and spider factions to make them non-hostile. Still having a few issues though:

-The queen claws powers are added after unlocking the first chaurus armor. I'm guessing this was supposed to be added after unlocking the queen armor, but instead it's added at the same time as the blade power (post-chaurus egg consumption)

Good catch. I added a condition to grant the powers after the full body armor is enabled.

-Charm spells still don't trigger animations with spiders/chaurus (only sexlab matchmaker's "irresistibly attractive" spells seem to work for that)

I gave up on that for now. I will revisit it another time.

-The blade and claw powers are equipped automatically during combat, which auto-removes any other weapons/spells you had equipped before

That is an unfortunate side effect but it is deliberate. 

Just like wearing chaurus armors prevent you from having a backpack.

It is meant as a way to force a different play style.

-Unfortunately I'm still having that follower issue (even after completely avoiding entering frostflow/blackreach and just manually setting the stages to unlock the queen armor). Not 100% sure it's this mod that's causing it, but I've tried updating NFF and cleaning it, but still it persists after passing a certain stage in the queen quest....

I don't know what NFF does about followers or why Frostflow would impact that.

There is a known issue with chaurus spawns and explosive spiders. They can could toward your follower count, and max out your number of available followers very quickly (and trigger the bug where you end up far away from doors after going through them). I am still researching ways to minimize these issues.

I will post a patch to the latest version maybe tonight.

That patch will include an update to the 'I am a chaurus breeder' scenario from CCAS.

If you have CCAS, Stories and Parasites, you will be able to start right after the equivalent of the Ritual... that is with the Seed Stone inserted and ready to go.

I am adding some wiring to allow you to talk to Danica and get the rest of the quest done that way. 

The Sanctuary will be cleared automatically and available to talk to the Elder Roots.

There will probably be some inconsistencies in dialogues but I will fix them over time.

This will allow me to troubleshoot things faster regarding the Chaurus Queen. And it will allow you to play as the queen a lot faster if you want to.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
On 1/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, Aensland_src said:

SL_Parasites_BodySlide_UUNP_HDT.rarFor the people looking for a Bodyslide conversion of the assets(UUNP HDT), here it is, made it for myself, and I'm lazy, so I just made it for the Parasite related armors didn't bother with the priest outfits, haven't tested them in game yet so give them a try if you want to.

For anyone who might be able to answer - I've tried using this to get HDT physics on the parasites, but it only makes my character's body have physics, not the 'armor' itself. How do I fix this, or are there any other working HDT conversions for the parasite armors?

49 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I gave up on that for now. I will revisit it another time.

Understandable, at least there's still a workaround set of spells for that.

That is an unfortunate side effect but it is deliberate. 

Just like wearing chaurus armors prevent you from having a backpack.

It is meant as a way to force a different play style.

Fair enough I can see that being necessary rp wise. Though sometimes even when I already have the claws equipped, they'll re-equip randomly

I don't know what NFF does about followers or why Frostflow would impact that.

There is a known issue with chaurus spawns and explosive spiders. They can could toward your follower count, and max out your number of available followers very quickly (and trigger the bug where you end up far away from doors after going through them). I am still researching ways to minimize these issues.

The only reason I mentioned frostflow/blackreach is that this is when the bug first started appearing (followers will still follow but they'll remain at a far distance and be slow to catch up). First testing I was able to avoid the issue by avoiding those cells completely, even after spawning a full brood. Especially the dimensional rift since every time I exit it, there is that same game engine bug that breaks certain hotkeys until reloading a save.

But now for some reason the follower bug still comes back after completely avoiding frostflow/blackreach. I'll do more testing to see if there is a specific quest stage that causes this.

Edited by b00tyblues
10 minutes ago, Draknowin said:

For anyone who might be able to answer - I've tried using this to get HDT physics on the parasites, but it only makes my character's body have physics, not the 'armor' itself. How do I fix this, or are there any other working HDT conversions for the parasite armors?

This guide may be useful for you: https://tesmistel.tumblr.com/post/149567999810/outfit-studio-conversion-guide . Note the process of adding HDT to certain meshes is dicey and I'm not very good at it myself. 

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The Spriggan infection progresses from exposure to water. The random events trigger if you are swimming or during rain and storms.

actually next question so i have the spriggan curse no armor seed stone just has been lodged in my character with the spriggan thing with the queen thing does it stop all progression on the spriggan curse, just armor additions and lets the powers (meaning spells/abilitys) grow? i dont imagine it lets the armor grow but does the powers from the curse still build and if so is there a point where it does stop it?

19 minutes ago, Reena_Ribona said:

actually next question so i have the spriggan curse no armor seed stone just has been lodged in my character with the spriggan thing with the queen thing does it stop all progression on the spriggan curse, just armor additions and lets the powers (meaning spells/abilitys) grow? i dont imagine it lets the armor grow but does the powers from the curse still build and if so is there a point where it does stop it?

Some powers like enchantments are linked to the armor pieces, so these will remain dormant when the queen stage is activated.

Other powers like the attack/defense shields should activate even if the chaurus queen is on.

Yet another update on the following bug with NFF: I've narrowed down the cause to a conflict with the follower count in NFF, as you suspected. I still bypassed frostflow/blackreach to be safe, but for a while I could safely have a follower with normal behavior while in full queen armor (setting every remaining quest stage up to 400, except 395, which I'm guessing is what triggers the blackreach dragon). The temporarily allied chauruses in the rift might also be contributing to the follower count bug as well but not sure. 

If possible, the best way to avoid this issue would be to disable the auto-spawn via MCM. That way chaurus could only spawn on the player brood call/dismiss spells, and avoid potential issues with follower management, and hostility between followers and spawn (sometimes a stray spell from a follower will accidentally hit a chaurus, turning them hostile against a follower). 

I know this would break immersion since the spawn is supposed to be a self defense, but an MCM option to disable the auto-spawn for those who need it is the only way to avoid conflicts with followers that I can think of. 

I sifted through a couple pages of the thread and sadly cant find an issue to breast/belly/butt scaling not working. Im running CBBE HDT, but I have tried switching to various other types such as BBP or TBBP as previously suggested by OP in the thread, but it just seems to not budge. Other preg/inflation mods work perfectly, except this one. Im also using all prereq mods etc plus I also tried distancing the belly node a bit in Bodyslide, which also has not helped.

Has anyone come up with a fix?

I also forgot to mention, that when manually infecting my character with, lets say, spider eggs or the chaurus worm, it gets instantly expelled from the characters body. Any idea what could be causing that?

Edited by FlippinPippin
Adding missing info.
3 hours ago, b00tyblues said:

Yet another update on the following bug with NFF: I've narrowed down the cause to a conflict with the follower count in NFF, as you suspected. I still bypassed frostflow/blackreach to be safe, but for a while I could safely have a follower with normal behavior while in full queen armor (setting every remaining quest stage up to 400, except 395, which I'm guessing is what triggers the blackreach dragon). The temporarily allied chauruses in the rift might also be contributing to the follower count bug as well but not sure. 

If possible, the best way to avoid this issue would be to disable the auto-spawn via MCM. That way chaurus could only spawn on the player brood call/dismiss spells, and avoid potential issues with follower management, and hostility between followers and spawn (sometimes a stray spell from a follower will accidentally hit a chaurus, turning them hostile against a follower). 

I know this would break immersion since the spawn is supposed to be a self defense, but an MCM option to disable the auto-spawn for those who need it is the only way to avoid conflicts with followers that I can think of. 

I have an idea about what is causing it and how to fix it. 

I need to run some tests first.

Edit: I think it is a good news / bad news thing.

The good news is, I think I isolated the issue. When charming spriggans, chaurus and spiders, I was using the SetPlayerTeamMate function to make the creature follow you.

The bad news is, I never released them. Which means they still count towards active followers even though they are long gone and I can't find any way to get a list of active followers to clear them out.

I should have that hole plugged for the next update but I don't have a way to clear things up for existing games with that issue. Not yet at least.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
8 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I have an idea about what is causing it and how to fix it. 

I need to run some tests first.

Edit: I think it is a good news / bad news thing.

The good news is, I think I isolated the issue. When charming spriggans, chaurus and spiders, I was using the SetPlayerTeamMate function to make the creature follow you.

The bad news is, I never released them. Which means they still count towards active followers even though they are long gone and I can't find any way to get a list of active followers to clear them out.

I should have that hole plugged for the next update but I don't have a way to clear things up for existing games with that issue. Not yet at least.

Thank you for looking into this. Honestly that's not too bad of news because I can just go back to a save before I acquired the first armor/spawned the first chaurus (I always practice safe modding and save obsessively anyways haha). I will try out the latest update that you just posted to see if that fixes the issue moving forward (unless you mean it'll be in another update after the most recent one).

8 hours ago, LordsDu71 said:

I tried the mod but I have some bugs, for example, when I use chaurus pheromones on chaurus stud, it just won't work.

Tried with new save, to update mods, chaurus pheromones don't want to work

Chaurus stud are bugged too. Totally friendly, and can't really move.

on some of them the game say : "Chaurus stud is too strong for chaurus pheromones" something like that.

For now, 100% broken mod

Edited by LordsDu71
14 minutes ago, LordsDu71 said:

Oh and I have this too (message on top left). Why ?

20210711161246_1.jpg

The current version does not display that message anymore. It only outputs it to the error log.

The only conclusion I have is that you are somehow still using old files.

If you are using a mod organizer, make sure you have only the latest version selected.

If you extracted files to your Data folder, delete all scripts starting with SLP_

That could also explain your issue with pheromones.

20 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

None of my meshes have animations.

There is a separate mod for Parasites Animations but I haven't used it yet as it was unstable last time I checked,

I am using the animations for face-/hiphuggers without problems... the animations are "slow" but visible so it is possible to oversee them. Take your time and stay still for some seconds to see them working

20 minutes ago, Reena_Ribona said:

1. how does the being reconized in the spriggan faction bit work do you need the armor or just the roots bit 

That is still evolving.

Currently, that is done through the random Call of the Wild spell can be cast when you are attacked.

You will be part of the Spriggan faction for the duration of the spell.

20 minutes ago, Reena_Ribona said:

2. can you put a toggle for auto brood summon (the seed calls out to your brood thing) i personally find it obnoxius

I added that to the to do list.

For now, I will just disable the random summon during combat.

2 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

That is still evolving.

Currently, that is done through the random Call of the Wild spell can be cast when you are attacked.

You will be part of the Spriggan faction for the duration of the spell.

I added that to the to do list.

For now, I will just disable the random summon during combat.

Thank you for adding the disable the random summon/auto spawn to the to do list. Unfortunately the follower issue is still happening, even after the latest update :/ (I tried spawning chaurus while having a follower recruited, well before entering shrouded grove or any stages after).

It's not completely game-breaking as it just means my follower will be at a larger distance than normal, but yeah no need bend over backwards trying to fix this since it's probably not as urgent as other issues. 

Just A question:

Spoiler

I am at the part for the kyne blessing which is doing the ritual. Howevery when the ritual start, the PC just stand still, making osgamic nosies, Danica doing the ritual. Other than some cum stains on the PC (From Apropos2), Nothing much is happening. I am just asking if there were supposed to be other animation like tentacles or the pc masterbating or something. Just Asking as the PC standing still making those sounds feels weird.

1 minute ago, Encogt said:

Just A question:

Hide contents

I am at the part for the kyne blessing which is doing the ritual. Howevery when the ritual start, the PC just stand still, making osgamic nosies, Danica doing the ritual. Other than some cum stains on the PC (From Apropos2), Nothing much is happening. I am just asking if there were supposed to be other animation like tentacles or the pc masterbating or something. Just Asking as the PC standing still making those sounds feels weird.

If you have Estrus Chaurus + installed, that means there is a problem with it.

If you do not have it installed, that means there is a problem with my own fall back animation for when EC+ is missing.