[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

And giving it to succubus succumbs and Incubus would seriously cripple playing with rape targeted option. As Toska said... it negates partially some part of future harm, done by rape action.

Yeah, that is certainly true. It's not perfect, nor does it entirely eliminate the side effects, but it's a workable compromise. In the longer haul I might be able to figure out something that works better.

Aside from that, here is my progress report on 1.3.0 which I hope to be able to release in a few days:

Thanks to code donation from Aliris the exotic merchant chain is fixed. As promised: The negative impact of the "raped" trait has been drastically lowered. I think it's now too low, but we'll see. Aside from those and other minor and medium fixes I've got this ready so far:

Secret Order "Lilith's Own" with its own powers, missions and traits which all go in the direction of a more sexual nature than those from the "Devil's Own". In order for the player to join he must either be lilith or incubus. Members are picked on lustful traits and only starting with rank 3 they will get their own lilith or incubus traits.

Skills (not yet entirely done) by rank:

Rank 1:

• Sacrifice for Lilith: During ritualistic intercourse you sacrifice a prisoner.
  • Demonic Possession: Turns someone into a sex crazed person (or a vegetable). There is a new trait for this and also some new events about the wicked things that such a person will do. Might have some unwanted consequences for you as well, but for the most part a sex crazed person is still utterly loyal to you. But not necessarily to your subjects of the opposite sex of the sex crazed person.

Rank 2:

• Summon Familiar: Spawns a spirit animal that gives the usual boni, but with a slight sexual twist.
  • Lilith Touch: Infects a target with Lover's Pox and makes him sex crazed. Additionally this person will get some hidden events that might not be entirely beneficial for him if he's landed. Furthermore: It gives a specific plague which I'll mention in a moment. :)

Rank 3:

• Lilith Divorce (not yet done)
  • Lilith Healing (not yet done)
  • Invite Disciple of Lilith (not yet done)

Rank 4:

• Prolong Life (not yet done)
  • Holy Seduction (not yet done)
  • Holy Impregnation:Pollinate yourself (if female) or a female subject of yours with a lilith_child. This works sort of similar to the demon_child_non_pagan. So it might get the Nanny, although the Lilith child's nanny will be slightly different. When the child comes of age (at age 12) it will start to get some special traits assigned. If it comes to adulthood, further traits and a focus suitable to a child of Lilith will be set. And it will start (behind your back) to chase skirts of the opposite sex. Prime targets: Any family member of the liege where it resides.

There is a new 'virus' in town and has a certain chance of becoming a small nuisance: Lilith's Plague! It's based on the "Dancing Plague", but instead of shaking a leg (or two) the victims start an orgy in the streets, banging each others brains out. Should this illness befall you, there is a good chance that you will go down into the chronicles as 'Fucking King' or 'Fucking Queen'. Either way, there are also chances that you will personally contribute to an increase of your population or that you might go home with some 'unwanted' presents. None of which should be fatal or crippling.

For any power that's currently listed as done the corresponding secret society mission events are also completed.

I still have to do the five remaining powers (and their mission chains), though. So sometime next week I might be able to release this.

@DocToska

If you would be willing to move your "dw_dog_procreo" decision into its own text file, then I could overwrite it by itself and apply my mod's kink rules to both my male and your female versions of the decision without having to overwrite your entire dwt_rape_decisions.txt file and risk missing a change and breaking something of yours.  I'd like to leave as much of your content untouched as I can.

I'm not entirely sure what you want me to do there, but we sure can work something out.

Do you just need to take away my "dw_dog_procreo" from my targetted_decisions in DWT_rape_decisions.txt? So that people can no longer use it?

If *that* is the case, then it might be easier if we do that via a game_rule or global flag. In that case I can simply say: If this or that flag from noxbestia's mod is set, don't show this targeted decision.

Besides: Even if I take that decision out, on_yearly_pulse will still fire DWTRandom.600 (with a 50% chance in 1.3.0 instead of 100%). Which lets the dog go after a courtier. So that might also need a further dampening via a game rule or global flag.

No, I don't want you to take it away at all.  What I am asking is that you take that one command out of the file dwt_rape_decisions.txt and put it into a new file in the same folder, possibly named something like dwt_procreo_decision.txt.  It wont alter how your mod works at all, unless mine is being used also.

No, I don't want you to take it away at all.  What I am asking is that you take that one command out of the file dwt_rape_decisions.txt and put it into a new file in the same folder, possibly named something like dwt_procreo_decision.txt.  It wont alter how your mod works at all, unless mine is being used also.

Consider it done. I just made the change in the soon to be released 1.3.0.

Consider it done. I just made the change in the soon to be released 1.3.0.

Thank you very much.  :)

Hey, I have a quick concern. I had downloaded this submod for the first time about two days ago. I unzipped the files into my download folder, and immediately my downloads folder crashed. Every time I tried to open my downloads folder it would freeze, than crash again. Only my downloads folder was affected. I tried to do some research, but couldn't come up with any concrete solutions for my issue, so I deleted my downloads folder and recreated it.

In retrospect I'm sure there was a better solution than that for my issue but I found myself out of patience lol.

Anyway, is this a known problem for this mod? Or is it possible I have some other issue going on that just showed up when I unzipped this mod's files?

Hey, I have a quick concern. I had downloaded this submod for the first time about two days ago. I unzipped the files into my download folder, and immediately my downloads folder crashed. Every time I tried to open my downloads folder it would freeze, than crash again. Only my downloads folder was affected. I tried to do some research, but couldn't come up with any concrete solutions for my issue, so I deleted my downloads folder and recreated it.

In retrospect I'm sure there was a better solution than that for my issue but I found myself out of patience lol.

Anyway, is this a known problem for this mod? Or is it possible I have some other issue going on that just showed up when I unzipped this mod's files?

I didn't have any issues with it at least.

It's a normal *.rar file created with Winrar. It unpacks the folder DWToska and the DWToska.mod file and that's it. There is no reason why the folder where you unpack it to should "crash".

Unless the unpacking of the archive brings the folder over the maximum amount of allowed files (and directories) per folder.

So, here's a quote from elsewhere in the forums...  Apparently an update to windows may be causing problems with archives.

This will be a bit of a strange question and take it with a huge bag of salt.

Did you do anything different when you archived and uploaded the file this time around with 1.34a?  I'm using either Bandzip or straight up 7-zip to extract the archive and it's generally resulting in low level file folder corruption when it happens.  It's only doing it on the V1.34a file.  The portrait zip works fine.  My guess is the file archive managers I'm using are doing something because they aren't getting along with the .7z format you are using.  But I'm just tossing crap against a wall with that answer.

Found the problem I think already.  The problem is Microsoft.  Bastards did an update a few days ago and dropped a DLL file which people are having problems with in it.  Same DLL is showing up in my event manager.  Who knows why a .7z archive is setting it off.

Fixed it.  Anyone else starts having issues where windows Explorer starts randomly crashing on you with a fully updated windows 10 when going into directories with .mod files I at least know a possible fix and will leave this up here in accordance.

So, here's a quote from elsewhere in the forums...  Apparently an update to windows may be causing problems with archives.

Anyone else starts having issues where windows Explorer starts randomly crashing on you with a fully updated windows 10 when going into directories with .mod files I at least know a possible fix and will leave this up here in accordance.

Windows Explorer now trips when accessing directories with *.mod files? Yikes! Mickey Mouse software. :cool:

Many thanks for digging this one up.

Anyone else starts having issues where windows Explorer starts randomly crashing on you with a fully updated windows 10 when going into directories with .mod files I at least know a possible fix and will leave this up here in accordance.

Windows Explorer now trips when accessing directories with *.mod files? Yikes! Mickey Mouse software. :cool:

Many thanks for digging this one up.

The problem is a bug in the file CompPkgSup.dll.  This dll was updated in the Security update KB4013429 this last week.  The issue actually revolves around media files.  It is confusing the .mod file extension with a camcorder media format and hence problems ensue.  There is a little program someone made to revert that dll back to the previous version.  It's 528kb in size called quaintly enough, CompPkgSup fixer. :P

Just tagging you to look at the post of mine right above this.  CompPkgSup Fixer is what you'll want to look for.  Also note that after you backdate it to the *.0 version you'll still need to reboot your machine for it to take effect.  Verification that this is indeed your problem should be easily found in your event viewer under admin tools.

Some good news: DWToska 1.3.0 should be released within the next 12-18 hours. The work is done and all what's left is some more testing, a bit of cleanup and writing the documentation.

Aside from what I already mentioned:  I added six new artifacts with custom graphics that are Lilith specific and are given out as reward for Society quests. Some missions (the really long running ones) have a 100% chance for that. The rest of the missions have between 0-20% for getting an artifact as reward.

Lastly: I included a society mission that does something that I always thought *had* to be done. The coding for that was horribly complex, but I got it sorted: Let's call it the "Cuckoo-Mission". Lilith may ask you to go after a higher tier ruler of the opposite sex within diplomatic range. Not to kill him. Nope!

You need to bring a baby into this world with that partner. The mission only succeeds if the baby is born and the person who fathered it acknowledges the baby as his own. How the baby is conceived doesn't matter and that's up to you. Seduce, marry or imprison, rape or magic? You decide. Of course this mission is easy for a male liege and therefore his payout is modest. If a female liege succeeds, she will get a considerable payout, though. And ... (cough) ... a future casus belli or claim for the offspring.

This update will be kinda massive as I spent almost 14 days around the clock on it. It also might have some things that need fine tuning for better balance, as some stuff is pretty over-powered. But at least the AI doesn't get to play with that. ;)

Very interesting stuff. Obviously basing the society on Lucifer's Own (and the other versions) is the most fitting, though I find it to be pretty overpowered in all. Will be interesting to see what you are planning to do for balance tuning.

The plague addition, does that mean Reaper's Due will become a requirement, or is it only active if you do have it, or is it separate?

Here we go:

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

DWToska v1.3.0 has been released. The mod description on the frontpage of this topic as well as on the download page has been updated with information about the changes and also contains new screen shots.

For brevity I summarize the major changes between 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 here as well in a more readable form than just the changelog:

Secret Society "Lilith's Own": If you are a child of Lilith (i.e.: have the trait "lilith" or "incubus") or are generally a lustful or hedonistic ruler, then you may attempt to join the secret society "Lilith's Own". This society has four ranks and on each rank you gain specific new powers and (occasionally) are asked to perform missions that will please Lilith. All these missions have sexual context custom tailored to Dark World Reborn.

Society Abilities:

• Rank 1 ability 'Sacrifice to Lilith', which triggers a pretty graphic event chain with various acts that result in sure death of the victim.
  • Rank 1 ability 'Initiate for Lilith', which triggers a pretty graphic event chain with various acts that result in victim becoming a slut.
  • Rank 1 ability 'Corrupt Priest'.
  • Rank 2 ability 'Demonic Possession' which turns the target into (possibly loyal) a sex crazed maniac (trait: 'sexcrazed') or a vegetable.
  • Rank 3 ability 'Dark Divorce' where you can (once a year) fuck a spouse to death. Or not.
  • Rank 3 ability 'Dark Healing' where Lilith may heal you from maimimg, diseases and ailments. Also removes raped/rapist/sexcrazed traits and lilith_plague disease.
  • Rank 3 ability 'Invite Disciple of Lilith' (see intrigue menu), which adds a lilith/incubus to your court. There is a pretty good chance that it will be a professional slut.
  • Rank 4 ability 'Holy Impregnation' that brings a Lilith demon child into this world.
  • Rank 4 ability 'Lilith's Touch', which can be uses against foes, rivals and mission targets to make them sexmad and rape their own subjects with all the consequences this causes.
  • Rank 4 ability 'Absorbe Lifeforce' that allows to sacrifice your own children in order to sustain your life. Non-sexual and mostly stock, because targets must be underage.

Missions:

• 'Corrupt Priest'
  • 'Sacrifice someone'
  • 'Holy Impregnation'
  • 'Lilith's Touch'

Artifacts:

• Lilith's Seducer
  • Lilith's Scepter
  • Lilith's Dagger
  • Lilith's Bow
  • Lilith's Armor
  • Lilith's Crown

New Disease: (Requires "The Reaper's Due") Maybe you have heard of "The Dancing Plague"? Where people dance uncontrollably in the streets until they are totally exhausted? Well, this plague has inspired Lilith to unleash her own plague, called "Lilith's Plague". Instead of dancing to exhaustion the victims of this plague do a lot more than just shake their legs and engage in mindless procreation to the point of total exhaustion. This plague hasn't killed anyone yet, but anyone under the influence of it will end up thoroughly fucked and with a smile on their face.

New traits:

• raped: A person that was sexually molested against their will receives this trait. It has some negative side effects, but they have been lowered from previous versions of this mod and are no longer that severe-
  • rapist: A person that (at least once) has violated someone else sexually against their will.
  • asocial: This trait can only be gained by male rulers in command of armies during a special event. It indicates that this person is not averse to sexual violence and will make certain events more severe or even fatal for the victims of his debauchery.
  • dwtstablewhore: Available for female rulers with a certain affinity for horses.
  • sexcrazed: A cursed trait that turns the afflicted into a nymphomaniac without, conscience self respect or compassion.
  • lilith_plague: People affected by the Lilith Plague might temporarily get this trait while being under the influence.
  • birthctrl: A trait that grants infertility. It is only available to children of Lilith who are members of the Society "Lilith's Own" and it can be activated and deactivated through the decisions panel. However: It comes at a price of loosing monthly piety and prestige while active.

Exotic Caravan: Off and on an exotic caravan passes through the lands and aside from bringing stories it may also allow you to get some presents. This event chain was fixed up by Aliris, so many thanks for that!

Religion related: The religion changes have been removed entirely and won't come back. So please make sure to remove the old DWToska folder before you unpack the new one from the downloaded RAR file.

post-208351-0-82694600-1490043592_thumb.png

post-208351-0-30709200-1490043598_thumb.png

post-208351-0-89871700-1490043602_thumb.png

post-208351-0-53269300-1490043607_thumb.png

post-208351-0-55949700-1490043610_thumb.png

So... does the impregnation ability bring about any kind of demonspawn-style event chain?

The 'Holy Impregnation' will spawn a Lilith Child, which gets some starting traits in that regard. On adulthood event DWTLLO.7512 fires, which gives him or her the correct traits to make this young adult a worthy Lilith offspring.

However: This child also has two character flags set: 'lilith_child' and 'demon_child_non_pagan'. The later one will trigger all the usual events that would fire on any other demon child even without my mod. But the flag 'lilith_child' has a 75% bi-yearly chance of the kid going after any of your family members (of the opposite sex of the demon child) who haven't yet been raped. That's handled by DWTRandom.620.

If the stock events for 'demon_child_non_pagan' fire, there is a chance that a witch nanny will appear in court. If she appears, my mod will give that witch nanny Lilith related traits and ambitions as well. After all, it's plausible that Lilith sent her to look after the kid and she wouldn't send an amateur or a celibate old hag.

There are a couple of such 'behind the scenes' events in this mod, where people with certain traits and flags (which they got during missions or due to your actions) will go on a bit of a rampage. Either targeting you and your dynasty, or their own folks. Only some of these events will happen directly under your nose and you might get informed about them when they happen and can take actions.

Ummmmm, this may sound stupid, but demon child... born from holy impregnation can be of player dynasty, right?

Yes and no. When you get that mission, you can either "pollinate" someone else, or (if your char is female and not yet pregnant) can decide to carry out the child yourself. So you can make it someone else's problem. At least to some degree.

Just out of curiosity, why do you halved the chance of the three events when leading troops? TBH I didn't even know these three events exist until i saw this in the patch notes.

Also great work man, the amount of the content brought to us is huge and gorgeous :D

Thank you! Ah, there were some complains that they happened too often. But as it is: I just played a couple of hours and didn't get the troop events once in 20 years of gameplay. I think in the next release I may bump the chance for them back to what it used to be. The next release will not be too far off as I already encountered some small things that could be improved.

Just out of curiosity, why do you halved the chance of the three events when leading troops? TBH I didn't even know these three events exist until i saw this in the patch notes.

Also great work man, the amount of the content brought to us is huge and gorgeous :D

Thank you! Ah, there were some complains that they happened too often. But as it is: I just played a couple of hours and didn't get the troop events once in 20 years of gameplay. I think in the next release I may bump the chance for them back to what it used to be. The next release will not be too far off as I already encountered some small things that could be improved.

I don't know how people were getting them too often. I never saw them in normal play with the original chances. The only time I ever saw them was when I made my character immortal, put her in charge of an army, cranked the speed up to highest and just left it like that so I could see if they were actually working. So if anything I would have said the chances need to be higher. Same goes for the ones where your ruler is not leading an army, I have only seen those once in the course of normal play.

Maybe there could be some sort of intrigue panel decision to enable/disable these events for those that don't want them? Because I for one would like to see them if I am playing a female, and it just isn't happening now.

One thing I have noticed happening a lot is courtiers procreo'ing each other. They are... going a little overboard. I've noticed it is mostly men targetting men, and it is causing them all to have *tons* of rivals and hatch tons of plots. 30 years into a game and I swear all my courtiers are doing is spending money on dogs and trying to sic them on each other, and then everyone is plotting to kill everyone else... which is normal, but to the nth degree.

Other than that, great work on the mod, I'm quite impressed you've managed to incorporate societies and artifacts into it so quickly.

Tried out event new society.

It was really great.

Chocolate pancakes.

Now really. New update is awesome. Really awesome and gamechanging. Since now, people can join other evil society.

But I'm little concerned about how it's going to work. If AI will spam too much their abilities, do chaotic stuff and target cult members.

Awwww man. Awww man. Next update is going to suck so much for Mod, since Paradox is going to change Lucifers Own and other society mechanics, do small... little changes. That's why I wish you good luck with it!

Now, event isnt appearing much, but that's maybe okey. I don't know... personally, I like it. My own rulers are most of the time in charge of armies. Raiding or conquering.

Yes... as Zhongda mentioned, procreo is quite problematic. In my games, people keep buying guard dog, easily gaining powerful, stat bonus and using procreo (which has quite low buy/use price).

My heirs are being used, my courtiers and same for everyone else. It's annoying, unrealistic. When guy, who has just and kind traits used procreo on own family members.

Higher price can't solve anything. AI can spend their money on much pointless stuff, as long as it's available.

Instead, if buying dog was bound to building... it would've solved part of the problem, where people need actually to invest lot of money to buy building first.

Or just limit Procreo and Exotic emporeum only to player. Which is probably best idea, since player is far more important than AI.

I think limiting it only for player is... good idea? But that's on you or whole community to decide

Archived