So couple of things.

First, Alice's hideout: Getting the constant falling/no walls thing. The bUseCombinedObjects=0 suggestion from earlier in the thread had no apparent effect, so it may be something else going on. I've got a permanent save shortly before visiting Alice that I can use to help debug if anyone has usefull suggestions.

Second, after putting up with this and advancing further into the quest, I run into another bug. It's ... exeedingly annoying, and I'll place it behind the spoiler tag for anyone who hasn't played through Alice in the Wasteland yet.

Spoiler

Once I reach Bad Belinda inside the raider hideout, there's an issue with talking to her. Specifically, Belinda really prefers to do anything and everything except sit in the steel-and-plastic chair. Which the quest needs her to be doing in order to advance.

I'm guessing the sandboxing script keeps kicking Belinda out of the objective chair, presumably because it cannot find anything else for one of the generic raiders in the room to interact with. I eventually had to use the console to kill the offending generic raider (the one nearest the room enterance) before Belinda would consider sitting in said chair for more than five seconds. And even then I had to go through a round of the gag dialog first.

Does anybody know of any way to remove the chastity devices, or set their chances to 0%?  I do not want to deprive my PC from sex, to the contrary, I use mods like this for the complete opposite of that, to allow forced sex and forced exposure. Also, is there any way to get the slave collar to auto-strip the PC? The shock is good for story, but wouldn't it be better if it auto-removed clothing and then prevented wearing anything, similar to many of the devious devices in Skyrim?

•  
  •  

Just started a new game for this mod, I can see the pipboy in 3rd person after I grab it from the skeleton. After I open the trunk to get the knife, the pipboy is gone. For a moment, whenever I activate the pipboy, the arm would move up but I can see nothing. Now the pipboy works after I exit 111 but it is not showing on my character. Should I open the trunk before I grab the pipboy? Also when I equip random item, the pipboy would go invisible.

On 5.3.2018 at 1:37 AM, ChaosZen said:

Does anybody know of any way to remove the chastity devices, or set their chances to 0%?  I do not want to deprive my PC from sex, to the contrary, I use mods like this for the complete opposite of that, to allow forced sex and forced exposure. Also, is there any way to get the slave collar to auto-strip the PC? The shock is good for story, but wouldn't it be better if it auto-removed clothing and then prevented wearing anything, similar to many of the devious devices in Skyrim?

You can't disable specific deviced, though i'd also be interested in that (all the restraints that prevent looting are really annoying). You can use the console commands to a chastity key, however. Open console and type "help chastity 4". Search the list for "chastity key" and type "player.additem (number beneath chastitiy key)"

On 5.3.2018 at 1:08 PM, ssddsquare said:

•  
  •  

Just started a new game for this mod, I can see the pipboy in 3rd person after I grab it from the skeleton. After I open the trunk to get the knife, the pipboy is gone. For a moment, whenever I activate the pipboy, the arm would move up but I can see nothing. Now the pipboy works after I exit 111 but it is not showing on my character. Should I open the trunk before I grab the pipboy? Also when I equip random item, the pipboy would go invisible.

This mod has a function to disable the third person pipboy model. After collecting the pipboy, it can take a few minutes until it behaves normally. The following console command disables this feature: " Set dcw_HidePipBoy to 0"

This also takes a few minutes before taking effect.

I have this feature enabled all the time and have no issues with it.

10 hours ago, crayne said:

You can't disable specific deviced, though i'd also be interested in that (all the restraints that prevent looting are really annoying). You can use the console commands to a chastity key, however. Open console and type "help chastity 4". Search the list for "chastity key" and type "player.additem (number beneath chastitiy key)"

This mod has a function to disable the third person pipboy model. After collecting the pipboy, it can take a few minutes until it behaves normally. The following console command disables this feature: " Set dcw_HidePipBoy to 0"

This also takes a few minutes before taking effect.

I have this feature enabled all the time and have no issues with it.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, dlombu said:

Is there a console command to turn down the plug vibration frequency?

I think it is too frequent as well. Especially compare to Skyrim. It's not so bad if the moan volume can't be tune down. Since MCM is released, maybe there would be an update?

An other problem I encounter. I started a new game again, upon getting the knife and other stuff from the trunk in 111, I receive notification of defeat and dragged away to a random location. It happens the first time as well but the teleport does not trigger.

On 7.3.2018 at 10:10 AM, dlombu said:

Is there a console command to turn down the plug vibration frequency?

Not that i'm aware of, i guess its hard coded. You might try to change it with creation kit or FO4Edit...

On 7.3.2018 at 12:31 PM, ssddsquare said:

An other problem I encounter. I started a new game again, upon getting the knife and other stuff from the trunk in 111, I receive notification of defeat and dragged away to a random location. It happens the first time as well but the teleport does not trigger.

This didn't happen to me, but the "defeat" feature has teleported me to unvisisted locations a few times. I always reloaded and disabled it in the end, as i suspect this to cause problems or break quests. Use this console command to disable it:

set dcw_enablecombatsurrender to 0

Use the following console command to see all variables from this mod:

"help dcw_ 3"

The following command changes the result. Also see first page of this threat for a description of most variables.

set dcw_(Name) to (number)

Been trying that combat surrender out more thoroughly in a new playthrough, and I can definitely say there needs to be some modification there.  Took me four attempts to kill the same lone super mutant because I kept surrendering the moment his attention went to me, even though I was at sniping range (a good 100 feet or so).  As long as the restraints are not interfering with picking up items or my ability to fight, I tend to just leave them on when they get equipped, so this feature had to be disabled for me to keep playing without constant loading.  Pretty sure I was just wearing the restrictive gloves at the time as far as wrist restraints and slave collar at the time.  Maybe something to look at changing in the future now that there's a working MCM mod?

2 hours ago, UrbanSniper said:

Been trying that combat surrender out more thoroughly in a new playthrough, and I can definitely say there needs to be some modification there.  Took me four attempts to kill the same lone super mutant because I kept surrendering the moment his attention went to me, even though I was at sniping range (a good 100 feet or so).  As long as the restraints are not interfering with picking up items or my ability to fight, I tend to just leave them on when they get equipped, so this feature had to be disabled for me to keep playing without constant loading.  Pretty sure I was just wearing the restrictive gloves at the time as far as wrist restraints and slave collar at the time.  Maybe something to look at changing in the future now that there's a working MCM mod?

I tend to disable the combat surrender in this mod and use the one from rse, which seems a bit less iffy in the way it works.  Though from what I am aware combat surrender is instant if you are wearing wrist restraints, I would guess that with your hands bound you are not going to be doing any fighting any time soon.  Though if you already have a weapon equipped you can not even tell as they do not unequip weapons when equipping wrist binding or arm bindings.

Hello,

I'm having some troubles with this mod. I really liek the idea and all, but I don't have dialog options most of the time (talked to John and Jack, both gave me starting options to choose from but no further dialogue).

I managed by accident to make Jack remove my belt but after that I seem to wear a 'black latex restraint dress' I'm not seeing. To be more precise I'm not seeing my body anymore, my head is floating in the air.

Besides the dialogue and optical problems, I'm hobbled and my hands are restrained now, I don't have a key, so... what now?

Thanks,

Susi

39 minutes ago, SusiNexus said:

Hello,

I'm having some troubles with this mod. I really liek the idea and all, but I don't have dialog options most of the time (talked to John and Jack, both gave me starting options to choose from but no further dialogue).

I managed by accident to make Jack remove my belt but after that I seem to wear a 'black latex restraint dress' I'm not seeing. To be more precise I'm not seeing my body anymore, my head is floating in the air.

Besides the dialogue and optical problems, I'm hobbled and my hands are restrained now, I don't have a key, so... what now?

Thanks,

Susi

Sounds like your texture files are not loading correctly, try moving this lower in your load order.  Yes I hate the gloves where you can't pick up anything, I disable them in my game.  If you get totally frustrated go to the Memory Den in Goodneighbor and Kimy will sell you some keys.

On 3/2/2018 at 5:07 AM, Wonko486 said:

When you manage to go 40 odd minutes without triggering something, and you begin to wonder if the mod is still working... Only to pull a slave collar and realize that those 40 minutes were pure, unadultered LUCK!

This is what I wanted: an added level of emotion to game play. Tension, some frustration, elation, all wrapped up in a visually pleasing package. Thank you kimy, this mod is wonderful. The only thing I'm waffling on is whether I miss the level of customization to it found in the skyrim counterpart.

There are a few customization options in this mod, but yes, it's not comparable in scope or ease of use to what's in Cursed Loot for Skyrim. This might change one day. When I started this mod, there was no equivalent for MCM available for Fallout. Now there is, but the one thing that has held me back was that using it would incur a dependency on F4SE - which is something I avoided so far. Neither Devious Devices nor DCW need a script extender, which I think is a plus. The price for it is downsized customization options and a few other things. As I said, it might change one day. But so far I am still not too keen on adding F4SE dependency.

28 minutes ago, Kimy said:

There are a few customization options in this mod, but yes, it's not comparable in scope or ease of use to what's in Cursed Loot for Skyrim. This might change one day. When I started this mod, there was no equivalent for MCM available for Fallout. Now there is, but the one thing that has held me back was that using it would incur a dependency on F4SE - which is something I avoided so far. Neither Devious Devices nor DCW need a script extender, which I think is a plus. The price for it is downsized customization options and a few other things. As I said, it might change one day. But so far I am still not too keen on adding F4SE dependency.

When FO4 gets updated, F4SE and all mods depending on it also seem to require updates, inclduing MCM. I can understand, if a mod author does not want to check for F4SE updates everyday and if he needs to update his own mods...

On other hand, it does not seem like mods that use MCM need updates, if F4SE and MCM is updated.

18 hours ago, SusiNexus said:

Hello,

Thanks,

Susi

NPCs from this mod are not voiced, so you must enable subtiltles in FO4 options.

The same is true for any NPC, if your character is wearing a gag, as this mod adds a special dialog too them all before you can talk to them normally.

You get a random restraint, when the belt is removed, this one seems like a straight jacket. If you have no keys, you must retry the escape optoins, until you succeed. Choosing the options "try to escape" and "examine" it should tell you, which options have highest chance of succes or which are not working at all (high security restrains ususally can only be picked).

You can also open randcom contrains for a chance to optain keys (and more restraints).

Missing Body could be that the mod was not installed correctly. You should try to re-download and install it again (removing the old one first). Also, do you have bodyslide installed? and if yes, build the outfits from this mod?

15 hours ago, SusiNexus said:

Deviously Cursed Wasteland is the last in my order now.

Unfortunately no success. The missing dialogues are disturbing too.

Oh, and is it intended that I cannot fast travel while wearing the belt?

I don't know about fast travel, as i'm playing on survival (no fast travel at all). But in skyrim, many restraints that blocked hands or feet also disabled fast travel.

17 hours ago, Kimy said:

Maybe make the mcm a optional add on, that way people can choose to use it or not, though will make keeping the mod updated a bit of a pain in effect running two versions.

Other option would be to make sure that there is a clear guide to using console to set values as well as what each of those values do, and if and where they can be changed, similar to how the belted quest has to be set to off in the pre-war area rather than in the starting vault.  This would work as well as you could then create a batch file to set the values, and run that from the console in pre-war area before doing anything else.

Another option that I am not sure if it is doable or not would be to have all the settings as changeable values in the esp so that you could open the file in xedit and change the values to what you want them to be.

3 hours ago, crayne said:

NPCs from this mod are not voiced, so you must enable subtiltles in FO4 options.

The same is true for any NPC, if your character is wearing a gag, as this mod adds a special dialog too them all before you can talk to them normally.

You get a random restraint, when the belt is removed, this one seems like a straight jacket. If you have no keys, you must retry the escape optoins, until you succeed. Choosing the options "try to escape" and "examine" it should tell you, which options have highest chance of succes or which are not working at all (high security restrains ususally can only be picked).

You can also open randcom contrains for a chance to optain keys (and more restraints).

Missing Body could be that the mod was not installed correctly. You should try to re-download and install it again (removing the old one first). Also, do you have bodyslide installed? and if yes, build the outfits from this mod?

I don't know about fast travel, as i'm playing on survival (no fast travel at all). But in skyrim, many restraints that blocked hands or feet also disabled fast travel.

Thanks vor the clarifications.

Yes, Body Slide is installed. What do you mean by build the outfits from this mod?

4 hours ago, Varithina said:

Another option that I am not sure if it is doable or not would be to have all the settings as changeable values in the esp so that you could open the file in xedit and change the values to what you want them to be.

You could do that even now. The variables are globals, so if people want to change their default values in the ESP, they can.

27 minutes ago, Kimy said:

You could do that even now. The variables are globals, so if people want to change their default values in the ESP, they can.

They are? I never really dug into the esp, but that does make things easier, people can with your permission of course, post esp with their custom settings set into it, or a batch file or whatever they want.

On 3/12/2018 at 3:58 PM, Kimy said:

There is an argument (and a powerful one.) to made for simplicity. But there is an equally powerful argument to be made for customization and options. I suppose you should just be true to your intentions and vision and go wherever your basic design principals take you. Regardless, you made something fun that adds to the game mechanics and gameplay.

Oh, and while I'm here: some  suggestions.

1.) Have the trap instance play an audio cue. The pop up box doesn't seem to be very reliable, so maybe make it play the booby trap disarm noise when you spring a trap.

2.) Animal ear headgear. Yeah, really is more on the embarrassment side of things than anything, but with the traps ability to unequip existing clothes and armour and prevent you from removing them, it could make for some interesting balance changes. Imagine having to spend a few days or a week (game time.) roaming around the commonwealth with bunny ears on. You might wind up known as the "rabbit of raider death".

3.) Maybe consider applying status effects to the devices. And I don't mean the walk/run thing with the hobble dress and leg bindings. I mean actual status effects. Anything that leaves your tits hanging out gives charisma bonuses to males, but debuffs for females. The Slinky clothes could buff your sneak but lower your armor rating, or DR (think of it as the "open to exposure debuff... or, "cold, wet and miserable."). The formal dresses could buff charisma but debuff sneak. The vibrators just debuff your sneak (yeah, cause that blind super mutant isn't going to hear me moaning up on the second floor.). The non-slave collars could debuff charisma and cut your AP by a percentage (cause you can't breath properly.).

I bring that last point up because as it stands: non slave collars are figuratively armour! I got saddled with a gold steel collar while still in sanctuary (the first time! I was looting the spot for clothes and glue.) and haven't had the three restraint keys I need to open it, but I'm not going to get rid of it anyway, as it looks DAMNED good, and oh yeah: I can't get a slave collar. I've had it spring on me a bunch of times, but it can't apply because there's already a locked collar there. So, selective effects on the devices could incentivize the player to want to get them off.

4.) I said it before, and I will offer it again: Just make the player immune to traps when in power armour. The traps tend to glitch when they apply through armor anyway, it's how you wind up with three stacked slave collars on. It's pretty broken and frustrating. Have a pop up that says "bounced right off the armor" and either put it in inventory as an item, or if you can swing it; apply it to the companion if applicable.

Just some thoughts and ideas cause I love the mod and want to see it develop, and grow and improve.