[...] SSS in ENBs really help Khajiit textures look appropriately "soft" imo.

A bit off-topic, but do you have any specific SSS settings that would enhance the look of fur (i.e. the skins of this mod)?

I've been tinkering with Orcs lately (because they are the last humanoid species in my Skyrim and they'll be gone, so I wanted to do something with them before that), I've realized SSS has a pretty noticeable effect on human skins, specially with the one from Tetrachromatic ENB coupled with Fair Skin's SK files, but it doesn't seem to look as good on furries. If there is anything else I could do to change that, I want to know.

True, not so great as is. NeoFur can somewhat be the same if not done well enough. But that's just it, if it is done well enough or not. Also, software limitations, mesh, and texturing methods.

The difference is I'm pretty sure Unreal can actually handle good-looking and realistic fur, unlike Skyrim and it's outdated and crappy Gameybro Gamebryo (crap, I never get it right) rebrand "Creation Engine".

Edited by Blaze69

True, not so great as is. NeoFur can somewhat be the same if not done well enough. But that's just it, if it is done well enough or not. Also, software limitations, mesh, and texturing methods.

The difference is I'm pretty sure Unreal can actually handle good-looking and realistic fur, unlike Skyrim and it's outdated and crappy Gameybro Gamebryo (crap, I never get it right) rebrand "Creation Engine".

That plays a role, but not the whole story. Eeven if it is a crappy engine, it just comes down to how it's implemented, the code functions, and how well the fur is optimized. So depending on that, it is a hit or miss if a good fur method can be used in the Skyrim engine. You do have to keep in mind that Neofur was made and optimized for UE4 specifically regardless of being a better and newer engine, then Unity as well a while after. Dev support on any engine can play a big role.

EDIT: Also, I have the C++ source code, so it would be possible to get it to work with the Skyrim engine (with some limitations obviously), but too bad I don't know a dam thing about C++ yet, but would be way too much work for me unless I was a PRO. Although, that would likely violate the terms of my license.

EDIT2: I've actually contacted them before. They said it would be possible, but wouldn't work without extensive work to the source code and don't offer support for other engines.

That plays a role, but not the whole story. Eeven if it is a crappy engine, it just comes down to how it's implemented, the code functions, and how well the fur is optimized. So depending on that, it is a hit or miss if a good fur method can be used in the Skyrim engine. You do have to keep in mind that Neofur was made and optimized for UE4 specifically regardless of being a better and newer engine, then Unity as well a while after. Dev support on any engine can play a big role.

But that's the thing, there is no dev support for Beth's engines, and the chances of ever getting something like that are practically non-existant.

I'll admit I don't know much about game engines or their creation and such (so if I'm wrong do let me know), but anything I've seen (and played) on Unreal that was at least semi-professional beats the crap out of any Bethesda engine in graphics. And if I got it right, Unreal (or Unity) not only do have support, but are also easier to modify, and allow you to do things like creating shaders for the engine as well.

So, if you want to have good looking fur in there, you start programming and eventually get something like NeoFur. I'm pretty sure you can't do that with Creation, or at least not as easily. Only thing you can do is hack into the rendering and make some changes, and even then only if you are someone like Boris or the SKGE guy.

IMO the only good thing about Gamebry/Creation is its moddability, but even then unless I'm mistaken, Unreal and other engines (like Source) allow for modding as well, so it isn't really that much of an edge anyway. To be honest, if there was any other game with similar (or even less!) moddability but that would allow me to play as anthros, I would make the jump in no time. I only started playing Skyrim for the beast races, for Talos' sake! The only Beth game I played for the sake of it was Fallout New Vegas, and even then it was 100% thanks to the (IMO) great story and writing (which, big surprise, wasn't even done by Beth but rather by Obsidian).

/rant

Anyway, the point is, we're probably never going to get actual good-looking fur in Skyrim (hopefully this will change with ES 6), so let's just focus on getting what we have to look as good as we can. Like what we're doing right now with YA :shy:.

EDIT2: I've actually contacted them before. They said it would be possible, but wouldn't work without extensive work to the source code and don't offer support for other engines.

Source code we obviously don't have, because Beth didn't see it fit to share it. Neat  :-/. Oh, well.

Anyway, the point is, we're probably never going to get actual good-looking fur in Skyrim (hopefully this will change with ES 6), so let's just focus on getting what we have to look as good as we can. Like what we're doing right now with YA :shy:.

Source code we obviously don't have, because Beth didn't see it fit to share it. Neat  :-/. Oh, well.

Also, Neofur is mostly a shader and polycount thing and IIRC, you usually say that polycount doesn't have much of a performance impact. It also has some great layering features to drastically lower performance impact. Can't show you the video, because they removed half of their videos.

Lol, that's true I guess.  :P

May be off in some way with this explanation, and if so, apologies. 

Another possible solution to the issue with schlongs, may be to choose a number of NPCs to assign them specifically to. The Shark Race mod uses that idea, mostly because the character's stories includes a mention of what they have, and it is done to keep consistent. But otherwise, I would think that perhaps this would reduce some of the possible stress on the game, if say in a few of the game's graphically intense areas(like the Hold Capitals), SOS doesn't have to run over every single NPC and assign them a schlong, because at least a few would already have them assigned. 

The latest hoodies keeps the erect schlong during sex regardless of angle, and YA 3 will do the same. I did it the other way because sometimes SL forgets that the characters are done and then you have NPCs running around with their schlongs dangling. 

Assigning schlongs is all up to SOS and although I'd be interested in a way of doing it that doesn't need a cloak spell, I'm not planning on doing anything about it unless someone comes up with something really clever..

I'm not quite sure what the conversation is about, but for performance, what about having the SOS genitals dissapear within a set range and have a script that prevents any other morph besides the unerect morph to change unless called upon by SexLab or related mods. Then after an action and a set amount of time, the script forces it to become the unerect morph again.

Assigning schlongs is all up to SOS and although I'd be interested in a way of doing it that doesn't need a cloak spell, I'm not planning on doing anything about it unless someone comes up with something really clever..

Nah, the method Kuroyami was talking about was to manually add the schlong-specific facion to the base NPC data, with the faction rank being the schlong size. Since those NPCs do indeed keep the assigned config, I assume the SOS cloak does still pick them up but skips the part about assigning a random schlong and size 'cause they have it already.

Unless the schlong and size assignment scripts are a criminally unoptimized mess, the performance improvement will be barely noticeable, if anything, so that wouldn't help that much anyway.

BTW, I'm away from home again, so I won't be able to help with technical stuff for a while. Sorry about that. Also please post lots of pics so I can see how great everything looks and get hyped up for the mod before I can play again in September, lol. Pretty please :P.

The textures don't seem to work with unp special made in bodyslide there are gaps on the hips. :(

The textures were built for UNP bodies and include native UUNP Special support, so there's something wrong on your end. Something is overwriting your base body with a CBBE one, it would seem, since the only thing that would cause thigh gaps with UNP textures is the use of a CBBE body mesh. You'll have to look into that yourself.

The textures don't seem to work with unp special made in bodyslide there are gaps on the hips. :(

The textures were built for UNP bodies and include native UUNP Special support, so there's something wrong on your end. Something is overwriting your base body with a CBBE one, it would seem, since the only thing that would cause thigh gaps with UNP textures is the use of a CBBE body mesh. You'll have to look into that yourself.

Uhh i actually tried a cbbe texture after to make sure and that one also had problems... Argonian one ofc as those were the least modified body-wise

Hey there, I tried to add this mod on my Special Edition version of Skyrim, but everytime I try to launch the game, it stays on my Desktop. I'm not sure how to get this mod to work properly. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

Yup. This is unfortunately only for vanilla Skyrim (plus DLCs). Don't expect SkyrimSE mods of this caliber for a long time. Probably at least a year, depending on how long it takes the critical framework mods to be ported. SKSE64 has no announced release date, and pretty much everything that would allow Yiffy Age to work on SSE, relies on that yet unreleased SKSE64. At least 2 of the people behind the development of SKSE64 have been tied up with work/real life, so no ETA.

EDIT: I should probably add that personally, I am most interested in having the digitigrade feet for SSE, but not having the extras to go with it would feel... lackluster at best. Playing a devious skyrim has spoiled me for good. Hard to play a normal game now.

Hey there, I tried to add this mod on my Special Edition version of Skyrim, but everytime I try to launch the game, it stays on my Desktop. I'm not sure how to get this mod to work properly. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

This goes for any mod and well...you can test Skyrim mods with SSE, but if they don't work you should't complain if it's not in the SSE section. All you can do is ask to port it to SSE, but at this point in time and most of the time, there will likely be reasons it can't be ported.

Yup. If/when the base mods are there, I'll port but it will be a while.

I've been hassling wiith dark elves and briarhearts. The dark elf photo above comes from setting up a PC with the right face complexion and tattoo so that it shows up. For no reason I can figure out NPCs with the that complexion and tattoo tint layers don't show the tattoo. Spent a bunch of time trying to figure out why not, got nowhere.

Briarhearts are also a hassle. Finally figured out that if I want them to play with Defeat I would have to make them an SOS body. Which I did. But vanilla Skyrim has a body-with-heart and a body-with-heart-taken, both of which are armors with clothes on. I can (& did) make an SOS armor which can be revealing and works with vanilla, but if you steal the armor you get a non-briarheart body with no chest cavity.

Aaand USLEEP changes the mechanism so you have one body-armor-with-clothes which has an empty cavity and then a briar heart which is an amulet. Also broken sticks, also an amulet. None of this is showing up in game (though it does show up in CK) for reasons I haven't figured out.

I think the solution is to give all the briarhearts a special body mesh, if that's even allowed. If not, we'll just have to live with briarhearts that mysteriously become whole when looted. Side note: Turns out briarhearts will resurrect if you put their heart back in them, under some set of circumstances. I didn't know that.

Since this was a boring post and Blaze is in exile here's a photo shoot.

post-441330-0-66605700-1502311661_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-86490600-1502311662_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-65420900-1502311663_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-68554700-1502311664_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-64823100-1502311665_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-65966800-1502311666_thumb.jpg

[...]I think the solution is to give all the briarhearts a special body mesh, if that's even allowed. [...]

Since this was a boring post and Blaze is in exile here's a photo shoot.

Remember you can use the "Worn Armor/Skin" option to have Briarheart NPCs use custom bodies without changing the race or anything, just like with the Unique Player mod. Since AFAIK all of the Briarhearts are specific NPCs and not just random male Forsworn, that should be possible (though I could be wrong).

Also thanks for the pics, they all look great :P.

Yup. This is unfortunately only for vanilla Skyrim (plus DLCs). Don't expect SkyrimSE mods of this caliber for a long time. Probably at least a year, depending on how long it takes the critical framework mods to be ported. SKSE64 has no announced release date, and pretty much everything that would allow Yiffy Age to work on SSE, relies on that yet unreleased SKSE64. At least 2 of the people behind the development of SKSE64 have been tied up with work/real life, so no ETA.

EDIT: I should probably add that personally, I am most interested in having the digitigrade feet for SSE, but not having the extras to go with it would feel... lackluster at best. Playing a devious skyrim has spoiled me for good. Hard to play a normal game now.

I already figured that out. That's why I'm trying to download the original game with DLCs. But I'm stuck with Skyrim SE, because my Steam fucked up and thought I played 6 hours of the game, so chances of refunding it is pretty damn low. Although I'm going to try Original Skyrim to see if the mod works there.

do the Lykaios get a better tail than the modified Khajiit one?

Like, or better than? Not sure if you just mean the current snow leopard or older pics of the new normal maps made by me that probably isn't released yet. That being the case, if I did (which isn't planned) it would be on par with, not better than.