Hey there, is Register custom animation events absolutely necessary? it causes the game to start stuttering for me after a while(after like 5 mins) the game ran fine before i installed it along with your mod.

Edit: Actually it might be devious devices instead as i've got an error about someone trying to equip conflicting devices and the lag started afterwads. Still, the error happened after installing RCAE and your mod, so i don't know what could be causing the problem here. I'll have to do some testing.

Ok, upon further testing and wasting 2 hours i figured it out. It is the mod itself that is causing the gradual fps drop. starts at stable 60 and ends up at 15 or lower, i have disabled the mod allowed the game to run for 20 mins without a single fps drop.

I'll do some further testing.

Turns out it wasn't sos, i can't tell what is causing it... And it doesn't happen immediately either.

Ok, upon further testing and wasting 2 hours i figured it out. It is the mod itself that is causing the gradual fps drop. starts at stable 60 and ends up at 15 or lower, i have disabled the mod allowed the game to run for 20 mins without a single fps drop.

Possible reasons: Something to do with SOS, sexlab aroused option for it and/or a script.

Reminds me of the problems I've been having with New Vegas suffering from the same bug. Start at rock-steady 60 FPS in a specific spot, leave the game running for a while (without moving or anything), and get back to a 15 FPS slideshow, lol  :s. In that case it was due to a Project Nevada plugin (and specifically, something about its scripts) that caused a memory leak or something like that. I guess the Gamebryo/Creation engine is prone to that stuff :dodgy:.

I haven't experienced the issue myself, but it could very well be due to this mod being a bit too script heavy and driving an already-choking or struggling game past the limit. Anyway, we've talked about looking into script improvements for the Hoodies system, and BadDog has said he would like to get rid if the current setup with the cloak spell altogether, so here's to hoping it's indeed possible. In the meantime, if you could provide further testing, I'm sure it will be useful  :shy:.

Possible reasons: Something to do with SOS, sexlab aroused option for it and/or a script.

Reminds me of the problems I've been having with New Vegas suffering from the same bug. Start at rock-steady 60 FPS in a specific spot, leave the game running for a while (without moving or anything), and get back to a 15 FPS slideshow, lol  :s. In that case it was due to a Project Nevada plugin (and specifically, something about its scripts) that caused a memory leak or something like that. I guess the Gamebryo/Creation engine is prone to that stuff :dodgy:.

I haven't experienced the issue myself, but it could very well be due to this mod being a bit too script heavy and driving an already-choking or struggling game past the limit. Anyway, we've talked about looking into script improvements for the Hoodies system, and BadDog has said he would like to get rid if the current setup with the cloak spell altogether, so here's to hoping it's indeed possible. In the meantime, if you could provide further testing, I'm sure it will be useful  :shy:.

Tweaked sos by disabling everything, disabled aroused sos integration too, problem still persists.

The steps i took during my tests:

-at first i thought it to be enb so i uninstalled it, turned out it wasn't

-uninstalled rcae

-disabled unnecessary addons for this mod

-disabled the mod itself which actually helped

Installed elys meminfo plugin and it doesn't seem like a memory leak. The memory use is actually rather stable. Though ill let it run a bit longer to be certain.

Tweaked sos by disabling everything, disabled aroused sos integration too, problem still persists.

-uninstalled rcae

Installed elys meminfo plugin and it doesn't seem like a memory leak. The memory use is actually rather stable.

By "disabled the mod itself which actually helped", do you mean disabling/uninstalling Yiffy Age makes the problem go away entirely, or simply reduces it or causes it to take more time before the FPS degrade? If it's the latter, then chances are the culprit is some other mod but YA's added overhead is speeding up the process.

Otherwise, if it's the former, it could still be caused by other mod with YA being what pushes the engine past its breaking point. I've gone through some long playing sessions with YA installed and I've never had the FPS degradation bug, so I really doubt YA is the main and only cause of it.

I wasn't sure it was an actual memory leak, it's just what was suggested as the culprit for the bug in NV. Considering it seems to be caused by certain scripts it could be a memory leak within the Papyrus VM. Or not, I'm not tech-savy to know for sure, lol  :s.

-uninstalled rcae

Installed elys meminfo plugin and it doesn't seem like a memory leak. The memory use is actually rather stable.

By "disabled the mod itself which actually helped", do you mean disabling/uninstalling Yiffy Age makes the problem go away entirely, or simply reduces it or causes it to take more time before the FPS degrade? If it's the latter, then chances are the culprit is some other mod but YA's added overhead is speeding up the process.

Otherwise, if it's the former, it could still be caused by other mod with YA being what pushes the engine past its breaking point. I've gone through some long playing sessions with YA installed and I've never had the FPS degradation bug, so I really doubt YA is the main and only cause of it.

I wasn't sure it was an actual memory leak, it's just what was suggested as the culprit for the bug in NV. Considering it seems to be caused by certain scripts it could be a memory leak within the Papyrus VM. Or not, I'm not tech-savy to know for sure, lol  :s.

Hmm i'll start the next round of testing by disabling everything except YA also can you tell me which YA mods you use?

Hmm i'll start the next round of testing by disabling everything except YA also can you tell me which YA mods you use?

Not sure what you mean with "what YA mods you use". I assume you mean which plugins/patches? If so, then I use the YiffyAgeHairPatch that makes hair mods compatible with YA and the plugin that distributes custom hairs among NPCs, but none of them touch anything related to scripts, so I don't see how that would matter. There are no plugins at all that alter YA scripts, so that is not relevant, or at least I don't think so.

The only difference between the main YA download and the version I use is that I've deleted the RaceCompatibility quests for the custom races integrated into the mod as separate from the replaced vanilla races (Lykaios, Vaalsark, Kygarra). I don't use those custom races (I have the furrified vanilla ones for that) and adding too many races to RC's system at the same time can cause the FormLists to get screwed and end up with the wrong order, but it doesn't have any other adverse effects AFAIK. So, it's very unlikely the RC quests are to blame for the bug, but even if they were, fixing it would be easy, so there's that.

I think it's better to wait for the results of your tests with YA only to see what to do next.

Not sure what you mean with "what YA mods you use". I assume you mean which plugins/patches? If so, then I use the YiffyAgeHairPatch that makes hair mods compatible with YA and the plugin that distributes custom hairs among NPCs, but none of them touch anything related to scripts, so I don't see how that would matter. There are no plugins at all that alter YA scripts, so that is not relevant, or at least I don't think so.

The only difference between the main YA download and the version I use is that I've deleted the RaceCompatibility quests for the custom races integrated into the mod as separate from the replaced vanilla races (Lykaios, Vaalsark, Kygarra). I don't use those custom races (I have the furrified vanilla ones for that) and adding too many races to RC's system at the same time can cause the FormLists to get screwed and end up with the wrong order, but it doesn't have any other adverse effects AFAIK. So, it's very unlikely the RC quests are to blame for the bug, but even if they were, fixing it would be easy, so there's that.

I think it's better to wait for the results of your tests with YA only to see what to do next.

Ok, i've disabled every mod except sexlab, sexlab aroused, sos, hd texture mod, unofficial patch and some minor texture mods like cinematic fire effects.

Result of the tests:

it has something to do with npcs, the more npcs the game loads, the lower the fps, in the end without any other mods(except the ones listed above), the game went from the original 50+fps to 23 max. I also did a second test and disabled YA, the fps did drop when npcs loaded, but it still remained 38+fps.

For both tests i started a new character, went to the same place, chose the same race, same name, and spent the same amout of time.

Also before i disabled the mods, i did 1 last test on my original save, and when only 3-4 characters were loaded, the game ran fine at around 40+ fps, but the more loaded, the more the fps dropped in the end stopping at 15 or so. Also, when i went far enough away from the npcs the game jumped up to 50 fps probably due to them despawning when not near

The game is indeed slower when so many script dependent mods run at the same time, however  there is an average of 15 fps difference between YA and non YA skyrim. At least for me. Which is a bummer because i really like this mod. :\

[...]

Okay, so, to sum up: the more NPCs loaded by the game at the current moment, the lower the FPS, but it seems like if you manage to get the game to unload those NPCs (by going far away from them, etc.), then FPS are back to higher digits. This applies to both non-YA and YA builds, but there is a noticeable FPS difference between them. Right?

There may be several factors at play here. The YA racial assets (textures and meshes) aren't exactly 8k uncompressed resource hogs, but they aren't ultra-lite either (and they shouldn't, otherwise bye bye quality), so part of the impact may be due to the assets themselves. Also the Hoodies system necessarily has an impact on performance and it has to apply to all nearby NPCs via a cloak (at least in the current implementation we would like to change), so it could be due to that as well. Though I can't see it having such a huge impact, and as I said I haven't experienced it myself.

Tell you what, we'll add this to the To-Do list, and carry on working on the update. Let us know if get more info. I'll run some tests myself, like for example going to Riverwood and comparing FPS before and after disabling all NPCs and running a pcb command in an interior (which should get rid of all trace of said NPCs once back outside). There's bound to be a difference, but it should be barely noticeable; if it isn't, then we may have a problem.

[...]

Okay, so, to sum up: the more NPCs loaded by the game at the current moment, the lower the FPS, but it seems like if you manage to get the game to unload those NPCs (by going far away from them, etc.), then FPS are back to higher digits. This applies to both non-YA and YA builds, but there is a noticeable FPS difference between them. Right?

There may be several factors at play here. The YA racial assets (textures and meshes) aren't exactly 8k uncompressed resource hogs, but they aren't ultra-lite either (and they shouldn't, otherwise bye bye quality), so part of the impact may be due to the assets themselves. Also the Hoodies system necessarily has an impact on performance and it has to apply to all nearby NPCs via a cloak (at least in the current implementation we would like to change), so it could be due to that as well. Though I can't see it having such a huge impact, and as I said I haven't experienced it myself.

Tell you what, we'll add this to the To-Do list, and carry on working on the update. Let us know if get more info. I'll run some tests myself, like for example going to Riverwood and comparing FPS before and after disabling all NPCs and running a pcb command in an interior (which should get rid of all trace of said NPCs once back outside). There's bound to be a difference, but it should be barely noticeable; if it isn't, then we may have a problem.

Thx, also just 1 thing i miss from the mod, which is an mcm menu, you could add some debug options to it which would disable some scripts or enable writing debug and script messages into a log file and console which would make your job easier. You can never go wrong with an mcm menu :)

Also i have too many mods installed so tomorrow i'll reinstall skyrim and see if it helps.

[...]

Thx, also just 1 thing i miss from the mod, which is an mcm menu, you could add some debug options to it which would disable some scripts or enable writing debug and script messages into a log file and console which would make your job easier. You can never go wrong with an mcm menu :)

Also i have too many mods installed so tomorrow i'll reinstall skyrim and see if it helps.

Strong recommendation: When you reinstall, start using Mod Organizer, if you can. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/

This lets you keep your skyrim installation clean, since mods are installed to folders outside of where your game is actually installed. So if you find out a mod is breaking things, you can just disable it. Learning curve is pretty steep, but once you get past that, it's amazing.

Akshuly, Hoodies doesn't have a cloak spell. SOS has one which adds the hoodies. Hoodies uses RCAE to catch animation events and swaps the mesh based on the animation. Remembering that "stand still" and "lean against wall" are animation events, there may be a very many lots of them. It's possible that catching all those events is bogging things down. It might be possible to turn off RCAE and test without it.

Akshuly, Hoodies doesn't have a cloak spell. SOS has one which adds the hoodies. Hoodies uses RCAE to catch animation events and swaps the mesh based on the animation. Remembering that "stand still" and "lean against wall" are animation events, there may be a very many lots of them. It's possible that catching all those events is bogging things down. It might be possible to turn off RCAE and test without it.

...and here you can see how much I know about the mod's scripts, lol. I thought there was yet another cloak spell that took care of the RCAE registration and of keeping track of animevents for the swapping; didn't know it worked like that.

I guess RCAE is here to stay, since there is no other way to know when to swap stages, but there may still be a way to optimize the system. I wouldn't know how, though, so I'll leave it up to you :shy:.

Ok, i've disabled every mod except sexlab, sexlab aroused, sos, hd texture mod, unofficial patch and some minor texture mods like cinematic fire effects.

Result of the tests:

it has something to do with npcs, the more npcs the game loads, the lower the fps, in the end without any other mods(except the ones listed above), the game went from the original 50+fps to 23 max. I also did a second test and disabled YA, the fps did drop when npcs loaded, but it still remained 38+fps.

For both tests i started a new character, went to the same place, chose the same race, same name, and spent the same amout of time.

Also before i disabled the mods, i did 1 last test on my original save, and when only 3-4 characters were loaded, the game ran fine at around 40+ fps, but the more loaded, the more the fps dropped in the end stopping at 15 or so. Also, when i went far enough away from the npcs the game jumped up to 50 fps probably due to them despawning when not near

The game is indeed slower when so many script dependent mods run at the same time, however  there is an average of 15 fps difference between YA and non YA skyrim. At least for me. Which is a bummer because i really like this mod. :\

I get the same problems as well, though only to the same extent in Whiterun due to all of the scripts running there. Part of the problem is that Skyrim's engine kind of sucks when it comes to handling scrips unlike the one used in the Special Edition, and it is known for its issues with script heavy mods. Even on desktops with high end (for gaming, eg unlocked i7) CPU Skyrim has trouble handling scripts.

Result of the tests:

I get the same problems as well, though only to the same extent in Whiterun due to all of the scripts running there. Part of the problem is that Skyrim's engine kind of sucks when it comes to handling scrips unlike the one used in the Special Edition, and it is known for its issues with script heavy mods. Even on desktops with high end (for gaming, eg unlocked i7) CPU Skyrim has trouble handling scripts.

Yup. My GPU load is minimal in my modded Skyrim, but lags like hell in towns due to scripts, best I can tell. But i'm doing a dozen different mods. Mara Eden kills my games, but one of these days i'm going to explore the training events, even if it kills (my character).

@Bad Dog

I've got a question about the Hoodies: say, if none of the SOS addons using your system are distributed among NPCs (because their probabilities are set to 0 and they get other "standard"/non-Hoodies schlongs instead), does that mean the RCAE is not registered or initialized and thus the extra overhead is not present? So, in short, would using non-Hoodies schlongs only remove the performance impact of this mod altogether (or at least the part caused by the Hoodies scripts?).

I'm asking because I think it would be good to have a non-Hoodies alternative for the SOS addons for YA. I mean, I like my sheaths as much as anyone else (or even more), and they look great when sheathed or erect and so, but everything in between (with the whole stage-swapping mechanics and the required RCAE setup and so) just doesn't make it for me, at least not always. Also any mods that add SOS stuff like the Schlong Protective Gear or Vivi's Cages are built for standard SOS addons and don't really work with the Hoodies. And 0SA/0Sex don't work with the Hoodies either, since the schlong remains sheathed or wildly jumps between stages (some 0Sex scenes seem to use periodic SOSBend events to add movement and those cause Hoodies to go crazy if they happen to fall right in a stage-jump point).

There are two SOS addons in the mod that won't make much sense and/or will be redundant after 3.0: the Orc ones (male and female). Since Orcs will get the Yiffy treatment and thus will use the standard addons just like the other races, I thought instead of deleting them, we could edit those two addons and turn them into non-Hoodies alternatives. By that, I mean leaving them as they are setup right now (without the extra RCAE deal and simply behaving as a "standard" SOS addon with a single stage mesh) and making them compatible with all races using standard SOS meshes, like the VP Regular ones, for example.

This would obviously require creating the new textures for the races, but some of the work is done already; unless you edited the Khajiit textures too much at the schlong seam, the original SOS Khajiit schlong textures could probably be used as they are (or with minor alterations), and there's also a WIP texture for the Fox textures as well (I packed it with the textures file, it should be in the "Dangle" folder). The other races would need to be made from scratch, but if you want I could help you with that.

That way, we would have the two options available: if you want to have the sheaths/slits and don't mind the extra load, leave the settings as default and you will have them; otherwise, if you want to lower the mod's impact on scripting and/or prefer to have standard single-stage SOS schlongs, you set the Hoodies probabilities to 0 and the non-Hoodies ones to 100. Easy.

Any thoughts on this?

So this is now all more complicated because we are now catching animation events to fix the high heels on sit, swim, etc. So if we want to get rid of it we have to get rid of the digitigrade stance too. 

What I suggest is that when I get my first test version up, I'll make it possible to turn off all animation catching, and I'll make a plantigrade version available. People can run with that and see if that's what's making the difference before we get all excited about solutions.

As for the schlongs, is there any reason to go with the orc schlong? They look fine on the sabrelions, but most furries seem to go either full-sheath or full-human. I could do textures for the Leito schlongs and leave it at that. I was actually thinking I wanted to make human schlongs available for this round... I'd been planning on the human hoodies but could do Leito as well or instead.

I'm heavy into the Furry Transmogrifier script now, I'll look at this after that's done. I wanted to do a straight map from texture slot on the NPC to texture slot on the race, but it turns out most Nords just use the first slot or none--I guess it doesn't much matter if you're all white dudes. So I have to go back to assigning the base skin tone randomly, then regenerate all the NPCs. But I won't do the facegen until I have the final heads. 

So this is now all more complicated because we are now catching animation events to fix the high heels on sit, swim, etc. So if we want to get rid of it we have to get rid of the digitigrade stance too. 

What I suggest is that when I get my first test version up, I'll make it possible to turn off all animation catching, and I'll make a plantigrade version available. People can run with that and see if that's what's making the difference before we get all excited about solutions.

Sounds about right. As I've stated already, I would probably have made a plantigrade patch myself, so having it as an "official" option from the get-go is nice.

As for the schlongs, is there any reason to go with the orc schlong? They look fine on the sabrelions, but most furries seem to go either full-sheath or full-human. I could do textures for the Leito schlongs and leave it at that. I was actually thinking I wanted to make human schlongs available for this round... I'd been planning on the human hoodies but could do Leito as well or instead.

Actually, it would only be the Orc schlong code-wise; the idea would indeed be to use human schlong meshes (I even suggested the VectorPlexus Regular one). It's just that since it's already set up and working, we could "hijack" it instead of deleting it and having to integrate a brand new Addon altogether. As it stands right now, it would be just a matter of editing the FormLists to add the other races and adding the required ArmorAddons, and that's it.

Also part of the idea was to have a non-Hoodie addon, without the stage swapping and all. I am aware the Dangle addon is there as well, but honestly, if the stage-swapping didn't quite make it for me with the sheaths (where there is a notable difference), the human ones take it up to eleven. If I want to have uncut schlongs, I'd rather have a single-stage one with a tweaked foreskin placement that makes it work both for all "stages" without the need for swapping. Like the Uncut SOS UNP addon, or Leito's own one.

So, as far as I'm concerned, both the standard SOS addons (Regular or Average) or Leito's ones will do just fine; though if you go for the former, you can then use those textures for the "fully erect" meshes of the Dangle as well. Otherwise, since Leito's meshes use a different UV, you would have to either stick to Leito's alone or create two sets of textures: standard/Dangle and Leito. Your call.

Edited by Blaze69

Just curious, between Kinematic ENB Kountervibe ENB Northern Light and Snapdragon Prime ENB + This, which would you choose and why? I could take pics, and maybe a video showing off content like the new races etc when I start playing again after the Fall Creators update for Windows 10.

I feel like Kountervibe ENB is more well rounded and might have a better playthrough experience, Also liked this video. For Snapdragon Prime, I feel like it has better customizability with plenty of preset options, and better for pictures. I also may be wrong in comparison of the playthrough and performance.

Just curious, between Kinematic ENB Kountervibe ENB Northern Light and Snapdragon Prime ENB + This, which would you choose and why? I could take pics, and maybe a video showing off content like the new races etc when I start playing again after the Fall Creators update for Windows 10.

I feel like Kountervibe ENB is more well rounded and might have a better playthrough experience, Also liked this video. For Snapdragon Prime, I feel like it has better customizability with plenty of preset options, and better for pictures. I also may be wrong in comparison of the playthrough and performance.

Well, I'd say you should try both of them out and see which one you prefer. From my experience, ENBs rarely (if ever) look exactly as shown in the pictures once you've installed them, so you don't know for sure how it looks (and performs) until you've run a live test on your rig.

As for which one to use... No idea. I tried out Snapdragon some time ago, and it certainly looks very nice, but same would go for Kountervibe judging by the pics and assuming the final result isn't far from what's shown there. The closest I've tried is Rampage, which is based on Kountervibe with some added tweaks (and maybe slightly better performance, though I could be wrong about that). It also includes several different LUT options, which AFAIK is what Snapdragon uses as well with the different "presets", so there's that.

Well, I'd say you should try both of them out and see which one you prefer. From my experience, ENBs rarely (if ever) look exactly as shown in the pictures once you've installed them, so you don't know for sure how it looks (and performs) until you've run a live test on your rig.

As for which one to use... No idea. I tried out Snapdragon some time ago, and it certainly looks very nice, but same would go for Kountervibe judging by the pics and assuming the final result isn't far from what's shown there. The closest I've tried is Rampage, which is based on Kountervibe with some added tweaks (and maybe slightly better performance, though I could be wrong about that). It also includes several different LUT options, which AFAIK is what Snapdragon uses as well with the different "presets", so there's that.

Okay, yeah. Dam! Rampage looks a bit better than Kountervibe, even more so for pictures while still having a great cinematic feel. I was wondering if some pics were photoshoped, but checked out a lot of user submitted pics and looked great! Snapdragon is likely better for pics that are character/object focused with field of depth, but Rampage does great with characters and better at capturing a majority of the background detail. So I may test Snapdragon, but will likely go with Rampage ENB. Thanks a lot!  :lol:

The inconsequential NPCs patch requires Lykaios race mod as a master btw.

Edit: Hm, one the download page takes you has 2.4 version of it listed then the one from being taken to your google drive has only 2.0. Might be why I had Lykaois required for a master file.

Edit 2: Okay did I miss a step? My Nords, Dark Elves, etc have animal heads, but human skin. Put the YiffyAgeConsolidated.bsa and the entire contents of the Consolidated 2.4's zip folder in. Only other step I did was replace the fur textures with the one linked in this thread by Blaze.

Edit 2: Okay did I miss a step? My Nords, Dark Elves, etc have animal heads, but human skin. Put the YiffyAgeConsolidated.bsa and the entire contents of the Consolidated 2.4's zip folder in. Only other step I did was replace the fur textures with the one linked in this thread by Blaze.

Hi. I have this problem too. To fix it i just move YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp to the bottom of my load order (right panel in Mod Organizer).