Hi there.

I'ts seems that Lykaios had an update yesterday. 

Will the race be updated in the Yiffy Age? Or can it be updated manualy?

________

Well, I guess not actualy an update but if real update comes will race be updated within mod? 

Here's SMP support for schlongs. I set it up alongside the existing HDT stuff, so you can just use these files (rather than as a patch) with the caveat that you should not run both PE and SMP at the same time.

Fixed a few nif issues. Also noticed that:
1. No HDT-PE support on werewolves right now.
2. There's a noticeable gap on almost all the slit meshes.

3. You were missing HDT-PE support on Orc junk, but I added that in this.

I'll also see about more full compatibility (head meshes, etc.) in a bit.

Yiffy Age Consolidated 02 04 - SMP SOS.7z

Head meshes? Why do they matter?

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Another topic -- Nitro, I'm looking for the beast feet you did a while back and I can't find them. I tried to get them set up for the game and gave it up because the system I was using wasn't working for me, but I may have worked out a better system. I'm trying it out on the shark feet but if it works I want to see if I can get better beast feet. I found your modder's resources--is that all there is?

Nitro made beast feet?  Just khajiit paws?  I saw the whole body model but have held in mind that the parts weren't to be usable in game for a long time, but I suppose if the heads can be... 

That, and this, and also that other thing are all pretty exciting.

Head meshes? Why do they matter?

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Another topic -- Nitro, I'm looking for the beast feet you did a while back and I can't find them. I tried to get them set up for the game and gave it up because the system I was using wasn't working for me, but I may have worked out a better system. I'm trying it out on the shark feet but if it works I want to see if I can get better beast feet. I found your modder's resources--is that all there is?

Hooks up head collision I believe.

@Vold - Nitro also made some new digi / planti feet meshes. I have the files on my system if you need them Bad Dog.

[..] Another topic -- Nitro, I'm looking for the beast feet you did a while back and I can't find them. I tried to get them set up for the game and gave it up because the system I was using wasn't working for me, but I may have worked out a better system. I'm trying it out on the shark feet but if it works I want to see if I can get better beast feet. I found your modder's resources--is that all there is?

Hey, that is very good to hear  :lol:!

Let me know how it goes once you get down to it. Here's to hoping they turn out to look good in the plantigrade position as well (just like your current paws), so I can replace the feet with those new meshes globally and have plantigrade and digitigrade versions simply differ in the skeleton.

Unfortunately, I can't find any posted file of Nightro's paws, and I seem to have deleted the file from my HDD at some point (probably during a cleanup because my resource folder was a mess). Though boo seems to have the file, and so does Nightro (obviously), so I guess that's not a problem.

[..] Nitro,I found your modder's resources--is that all there is?

Unfortunately, I can't find any posted file of Nightro's paws, and I seem to have deleted the file from my HDD at some point (probably during a cleanup because my resource folder was a mess). Though boo seems to have the file, and so does Nightro (obviously), so I guess that's not a problem.

Which recourse file? The head or the body? The body project was haulted and plan on starting it up again early June. As for the heads, that slowed down considerably because I'm currently helping blaze with sharkmer normal maps for the male, plus I'm extra busy and moving around May 20th. That wasn't on my to-do list at the time I started the heads

Well, I'm not sure if I have the files either. I had to do a clean up too and figured that the meshes would be kept. Didn't think Blaze would delete the Sharkmer one's. Hpoefully Boo has that one too. It may be possible that I have them saved in a Zproject somewhere. I am out of town at the moment, so I can't check.

Unless files are auto deleted over time, they should still be available for download. Try typing in the key word "sharkmer feet" in the search bar of the support topic page here, or over at Sharkmer 3.0+.

[...] Well, I'm not sure if I have the files either. I had to do a clean up too and figured that the meshes would be kept. Didn't think Blaze would delete the Sharkmer one's. Hpoefully Boo has that one too. It may be possible that I have them saved in a Zproject somewhere. I am out of town at the moment, so I can't check.

Unless files are auto deleted over time, they should still be available for download. Try typing in the key word "sharkmer feet" in the search bar of the support topic page here, or over at Sharkmer 3.0+.

There has been a misunderstanding here. BadDog is asking for the hi-poly feline/canine digi feet you built specifically for him to be used in Yiffy Age. They were separate from your main body resource. You posted that file a long time ago, and seems like both BD and I are unable to find it. In case you don't have that one either, seems like boo did keep a copy, so again, we can just wait for it to be posted.

As for the shark feet, I still have those, and seems like so does BD, because he said he is trying out his new rigging method with them. I would certainy not delete such files (barring any disasters like my HDD suddenly breaking or something like that), not only because you made them specifically for my mod but also because they are great, lol :shy:.

Here are the feet files I had that Nightro made some time ago:

New BDDigifeet.rar

And speaking of feet, here's an update for SMP enabled feet (excludes children and lykaios legacy meshes *duh*, and no boots since I aint touching that yet):

Yiffy Age Consolidated 02 04 - SMP Feet.7z

I also included a bit of an explanation / tutorial for SMP support.

Seems like it would be nice to clean up the file structure of the project a bit actually since its a bit scattered as is.

On another note, werewolf schlongs go sheathed if you try to adjust downwards below "0" - I assume this is fixable because IIRC this is not true for the "normal" schlongs?

attachicon.gifNew BDDigifeet.rar

Thanks, that should come in handy. Let's just hope the new rigging process works; the current feet are great, but these are even better. Though I may have to stick to the older ones depending on how they end up looking with a plantigrade skeleton.

And speaking of feet, here's an update for SMP enabled feet (excludes children and lykaios legacy meshes *duh*, and no boots since I aint touching that yet):

attachicon.gif Yiffy Age Consolidated 02 04 - SMP Feet.7z

Thanks for the SMP stuff as well, and I'll make sure to check the tutorial. Shame there isn't active support for it, though, it looks like it has a lot of potential.

If someone could port the Naturalistic bounce settings to SMP and also set up an UUNP set that works with the default Special body and doesn't require that butchered "UUNP" mesh with CBBE/CoS bits shoddily pasted onto it, then I would immediately make the jump. Oh, well :s.

On another note, werewolf schlongs go sheathed if you try to adjust downwards below "0" - I assume this is fixable because IIRC this is not true for the "normal" schlongs?

All schlongs will go sheathed below the 0 erection level except for the cases where you are in the middle of a SL scene.

That is, unless you mean the schlong goes from erect to fully sheathed without the intermediate stages, in which case you may be on to something. IIRC I had to do some edits to the previous version of the plugin to get werewolf schlongs to show up as intended.

attachicon.gifNew BDDigifeet.rar

Thanks, that should come in handy. Let's just hope the new rigging process works; the current feet are great, but these are even better. Though I may have to stick to the older ones depending on how they end up looking with a plantigrade skeleton.

attachicon.gif Yiffy Age Consolidated 02 04 - SMP Feet.7z

Thanks for the SMP stuff as well, and I'll make sure to check the tutorial. Shame there isn't active support for it, though, it looks like it has a lot of potential.

If someone could port the Naturalistic bounce settings to SMP and also set up an UUNP set that works with the default Special body and doesn't require that butchered "UUNP" mesh with CBBE/CoS bits shoddily pasted onto it, then I would immediately make the jump. Oh, well :s.

All schlongs will go sheathed below the 0 erection level except for the cases where you are in the middle of a SL scene.

That is, unless you mean the schlong goes from erect to fully sheathed without the intermediate stages, in which case you may be on to something. IIRC I had to do some edits to the previous version of the plugin to get werewolf schlongs to show up as intended.

If you post the desired mesh I can make it SMP compatible.

Also, re: werewolf business. Yeah, during a SL scene it goes fully sheathed if you try to adjust it down.

If you post the desired mesh I can make it SMP compatible.

Well, the "desired mesh" would be the standard UUNP Special body. If I got it right, getting SMP to apply to it is as easy as linking the mesh to the proper behaviour in the XMLs.

I think the problem is that nobody has yet tried to create behaviour data that works fine with the UUNP Special body. AFAIK he only collision/data file that was made was for the Clams of Skyrim body, and instead of creating another file specifically for UUNP, the one user that is posting SMP stuff simply deleted UUNP's own female bits and pasted the CoS ones over, which obviously looks really bad.

Also, re: werewolf business. Yeah, during a SL scene it goes fully sheathed if you try to adjust it down.

Have you tried downloading the erection patch file from the Hoodies page? It's supposed to fix bugs like that with SL scenes.

It has the downside of sometimes leaving the schlong stuck in the erect state after the scene has finished because sometimes SL bugs out and reports a NPC as still animating after the end, but it can be easily fixed by running a "sae sosflaccid" command on the console with the PC/NPC selected.

Ya, what Blaze said about the patch. I should probably reverse the behavior so keeping the erect mesh is the default and the current behavior is the patch. Usually SL resets itself the next time you go through a load door or the next time the NPC has sex.

Thanks for the files--glad we didn't lose them. I could have cut the feet off the full-body mesh but I'm glad to have these.

Blaze, I may not be making you happy. Long boring explanation:

What I think I did successfully with the khajiit feet is smash the digitigrade foot mesh down to the plantigrade position, get that looking nice, set the bone weights there, attach it to the skeleton, and then let the beast skeleton pull it back out to the digitigrade shape. Trouble with that is I want all the stretch to be in the cannon bone, not in the toe or heel. So those vertices have to grade smoothly from fully weighted in the toe to fully weighted in the heel. BUT I also want the toe to tilt up relative to the rest of the foot at an angle, and I want all that tilt to happen right in the ball of the foot--which means the rest of the cannon bone can't be weighted to the toe at all.

So the current method requires finding some compromise between those two goals. Inevitably the toe angle gets mushy and the cannon bone gets warped, which is a shame when you're starting from a nicely designed mesh.

What I think I can do is create a skeleton with the bones in digitigrade position, attach the digitigrade feet to that, do some horsing around with poses so the body is attached to the same skeleton with the same deformation, use that to get the seam at the shin exact, and export the feet. If I understand how the nif file works, the only thing that matters is the relative position of bone and vertex, so it will show up right in game. But only if you're using the right skeleton--the vanilla skeleton will attempt to smash the heel down into the foot and the weights will make that look terrible.

I could have a go at using the old method on the shark feet, if it's useful to you. There'd at least be the good detail in the claws and toes. But I'd want to pull the normal map off Nightro's mesh and to do that it has to have plantigrade orientation. I might be able to modify it to match my simpler model without blowing up my machine and take the normal from that. 

Bad Dog, If your willing to wait on it, I can modify the meshes for plantigrade after I move. In other words, just use different meshes for planti and digitigrade I can probably do it sometime in early June. Although Blaze, if and when I make armor for the Sharkmers, I wont likely do one for the plantigrades. It will depend on the design I go with.

Blaze, I may not be making you happy. Long boring explanation: [...]

I could have a go at using the old method on the shark feet, if it's useful to you. There'd at least be the good detail in the claws and toes. But I'd want to pull the normal map off Nightro's mesh and to do that it has to have plantigrade orientation. I might be able to modify it to match my simpler model without blowing up my machine and take the normal from that. 

Well, to be honest, I would like to have them use the current method. Meaning, instead of getting digitigrade feet that look awesome with the digi skeleton and terrible with the standard one, I prefer digitigrade feet that look (simply) good with both.

As much as I may like digitigrade designs, Skyrim was never built for such characters, and it shows. You did a great work getting the digi stance to look good for, let's say, general gameplay, but the edited skeleton screws up the placement of anything below the waist on all anims, and this shows specialy in poses and SL anims (which I'll admit are two of the main reasons I play Skyrim ATM  :P). It's just not really worth it for me most of the time.

I was lucky you pulled that off with the current feet, because I got the best of both worlds: since the paws look good on both stances, I can simply use the plantigrade skeleton most of the time and when posing/SL-ing and then restore the digi ones when I feel like doing so, simply by swapping the skeleton files themselves.

So, yeah, if you could use the previous method, that would be great. As you said, there would be loss of detail specially at the ankles and heels and so, but the detail on the toes and claws would remain, and I'm more than happy with those alone  :shy:.

Bad Dog, If your willing to wait on it, I can modify the meshes for plantigrade after I move. In other words, just use different meshes for planti and digitigrade I can probably do it sometime in early June.

I guess as long as they share the same UVs, having different meshes for plantigrade and digitigrade (each being built for their specific stance) would be another option, yes.

Would this also apply to the paws for YA, though? The file reposted by boo seems to include the feet in both configs, digitigrade and plantigrade, so it would be possible to use that new method on the digi ones and rig the plantigrade ones to the plantigrade skeleton right from the start. Then you just pack the digi ones as default and offer an optional file that replaces them with plantigrade skeletons and meshes for those that may prefer them (myself included).

Although Blaze, if and when I make armor for the Sharkmers, I wont likely do one for the plantigrades. It will depend on the design I go with.

Sounds reasonable. If BadDog manages to use the old method and gets meshes that work for both stances, then chances are any gear built for the digitigrade would still look good enough with the plantigrade skeleton, but I see how you would want to stick to digitigrade if we go the "separate meshes" route. Whatever happens, I'm fine with it.

There's also the option of just lifting the heel a bit for the "plantigrade" variant.

Whatever I do I'm going to try mightily to make the UV's compatible. Having to redo all the YA textures does not sound like fun.

I've been really happy using that "crouch" variant of my skeleton edits. While obviously it would be difficult to balance like that in reality, I've found that it looks better than the "digitigrade khajiit / argonians mod" that just raises the heel, and there's almost no animation distortion (and feet remain planted when crouched)!

When upgrading to the newest version i was told that the bad dog sheaths are now dirty? I am a little lost on how to fix this. Also, on a related note on the previous version, whenever a sheath becomes erect, or when its schlong physics activate, on a random NPC usually my game will just crash. It works fine on me, and it appears that it will usually happen in large crowds.

Yeah, Bad dog could just smush in the low poly model into the plantigrade or reverse, then I can build a high poly mesh/ morph the same high poly mesh for normal maps around that. Also make any additional edits to the low poly model if I need to. That way, the UVs will be kept.

There's also the option of just lifting the heel a bit for the "plantigrade" variant.

Whatever I do I'm going to try mightily to make the UV's compatible. Having to redo all the YA textures does not sound like fun.

Yeah, Bad dog could just smush in the low poly model into the plantigrade or reverse, then I can build a high poly mesh/ morph the same high poly mesh for normal maps around that. Also make any additional edits to the low poly model if I need to. That way, the UVs will be kept.

Well, I'll just leave that up to the pros (aka the two of you :P). I'm sure whatever you end up choosing will work out just fine.

I've been really happy using that "crouch" variant of my skeleton edits. While obviously it would be difficult to balance like that in reality, I've found that it looks better than the "digitigrade khajiit / argonians mod" that just raises the heel, and there's almost no animation distortion (and feet remain planted when crouched)!

Could you share that one? I may give it a shot. If it's true the anim distortion is minimal, I may use it instead of the standard plantigrade one. If I can both have the cake and eat it, then so be it.

When upgrading to the newest version i was told that the bad dog sheaths are now dirty? I am a little lost on how to fix this. Also, on a related note on the previous version, whenever a sheath becomes erect, or when its schlong physics activate, on a random NPC usually my game will just crash. It works fine on me, and it appears that it will usually happen in large crowds.

Download the latest Playable Races plugin. The old (2.2) one was outdated and caused that bug when coupled with Yiffy Age 2.4.