WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

11 minutes ago, TimelessWolf said:

And it’s impacting all animations - including yours.

My animations work fine because I haven't updated anything yet.

Only 2 things have changed: The game patch & WW update so it's likely a combination of both.

It will get fixed in time. 

28 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

My animations work fine because I haven't updated anything yet.

Only 2 things have changed: The game patch & WW update so it's likely a combination of both.

It will get fixed in time. 

My apologies - by “yours too,” I meant I thought you were an animator and so they would have been impacted. But yes, it’ll all be sorted out in time ?

I haven't tried the new WW yet, I just removed all mods to be able to play a bit until the mods were all updated. And even then my Sims are oddly aligned at times, like standing with their backs to sims they're talking to. Also when walking towards a destination I selected, they sometimes suddenly disappear and appear on their destination. Some movements just seem a bit off.

Hadn't noticed this before the patch, so my guess is it's caused by the patch. Or I somehow corrupted my game?

Edited by Feline6
6 minutes ago, Feline6 said:

I haven't tried the new WW yet, I just removed all mods to be able to play a bit until the mods were all updated. And even then my Sims are oddly aligned at times, like standing with their backs to sims they're talking to. Also when walking towards a destination I selected, they sometimes suddenly disappear and appear on their destination. Some movements just seem a bit off.

Hadn't noticed this before the patch, so my guess is it's caused by the patch. Or I somehow corrupted my game?

I haven't noticed anything weird so far in my game, but I think the patch will need to be patched anyway, considering the new delivery system is broken and also the old pizza delivery system is not working as it should...

11 minutes ago, Feline6 said:

I just removed all mods to be able to play a bit until the mods were all updated.

Did you also delete your localthumbcache.pkg after removing your mods.

It might help or it might not.

I often have sims not standing face to face when talking and I'm on the old game version so that's nothing new.

@Feline6 To add to what Scorpio said - Delete your "Resourse.cfg" file in your "Mods" folder.

It works the same way as "localthumbcache.package" - as in the game will create a new one.

I had this issue "a long time ago" with the Animations not lining up, this is what i did =

-Drageed my mods folder to desktop.

-Deleted "Resourse.cfg" & "localthumbcach.pkg"

- Made a clean save (always use SAVE AS) i never use auto saves.

- Added mods folder.

-Run game.

-Clean save ie "Save as" (without loading any household) and exit game.

-Load last save as and play.

Doing that fixed the issue for me.

Hope this helps. 

:) 

The update is so goddamn appreciated!! Thank you!!!

I am also having the same issues as Sandatharius with alignment issues in the animations.

4 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

I have been having insane alignment issues as well. It's always totally random. Sometimes everything aligns fine, and other times it's crazy out of whack.

Occassionally the  'soft Sim reset' via the Wicked interaction during the animation can help adjust but not for long and not for all of them. They do seem random.  I thought potentially one of the Sim's head kept turning to the TV that was on during the animation, I thought it was something to do with maybe the new group cooking interaction doing something with Sims multitasking?  But I'm not a creator and have no idea, and that's just a wild guess. 

Thanks again, I literally just began playing with WW in the last week, and honestly the community astounds me.

3 minutes ago, B10HAZARD. said:

@Feline6 To add to what Scorpio said - Delete your "Resourse.cfg" file in your "Mods" folder.

It works the same way as "localthumbcache.package" - as in the game will create a new one.

I had this issue "a long time ago" with the Animations not lining up, this is what i did =

- Added mods folder.

-Run game.

Hope this helps. 

Oh, just as I posted! Thank you, I will try this!

Edited by shamanesss
5 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Animations are like pre-made movie clips so the only thing that could alter them is sliders or the Animation Player(WW).

WW added re-positioning feature some time ago and I suspect it still has some bugs and another fix will be forthcoming.

If an animation is out of alignment by the author it should be up to them to fix it as it's not WW's job to fix animation alignment issues IMO.

It could also be a problem with WW height slider corrections if used but hard to tell at this point.   

Except these animations were in alignment before the recent update, and now they are not.

And it appears to be ALL animations that are out of alignment. Rotation math or something is being handled incorrectly now.

It almost looks like something that was previously in Radians is now in Degrees, or vice versa. Flipping that would cause this kind of issue - where the formula is now discarding the 4th value or looking for a 4th value that is not there (RAD has 4 values, DEG has 3 - in school we all learn to measure things in geometry by degrees, but in most 3D apps Radians are used - and this tends to cause this exact issue when the wrong one is entered or when a formula that once looked for one system instead looks for the other.

This exact kind of rotational mess is something you will see a lot in something like Second Life.

Assuming it is a DEG to RAD change (or RAD to DEG), then animations that previously had a vector like DEG of <0,0,0> will continue to work properly, but if they had something like <0,45,32> then in a new system that looks for 4 values, those numbers will mean something wholly different - and this is why a small number of animations appear to be OK, but they had no rotation beforehand, but most are out of position now.

Likewise, if they used to look for <1,2,3,4> and now only want <1,2,3> then the 4th digit is just discarded and the remaining digits are not correct anymore.

If this is the change, it could be fixed in the code with a formula to convert between the two.

I'm only thinking this theory because visually that is exactly what it looks like; a common error seen in Second Life. But I don't know what's in the code so I have no idea if that's correct,

Edited by jyotai
9 minutes ago, B10HAZARD. said:

A good question to ask would be =

Has anyone on here who has updated the game not had this issue with the animations?

I've posted something similar on the Sims Group I follow, but nobody has yet reported any similar issues. I've had a few confirms from other users on here, but it doesn't seem to be widespread.

8 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

I've posted something similar on the Sims Group I follow, but nobody has yet reported any similar issues. I've had a few confirms from other users on here, but it doesn't seem to be widespread.

Are you still having the issue? 

Has anyone tried what i posted earlier yet?

If not many have this issue, it cannot be caused by WW itself, but it really needs to be narrowed down to the actual cause.

24 minutes ago, B10HAZARD. said:

Are you still having the issue? 

Has anyone tried what i posted earlier yet?

If not many have this issue, it cannot be caused by WW itself, but it really needs to be narrowed down to the actual cause.

Yes, I have done the steps you listed. At this point, it really cannot be determined if the patch is causing it or the new version of WW. I had emailed Husk who wanted some animations that were screwing up. I sent him a couple with screen shots and specific animations that I had experienced the misalignment problems. He and Turbo are trying to duplicate the issue.

10 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

Yes, I have done the steps you listed. At this point, it really cannot be determined if the patch is causing it or the new version of WW. I had emailed Husk who wanted some animations that were screwing up. I sent him a couple with screen shots and specific animations that I had experienced the misalignment problems. He and Turbo are trying to duplicate the issue.

Ah ok , thank you for the info.

34 minutes ago, B10HAZARD. said:

Game updated and only WW + Animations installed so what would you think to be the cause?

Animations haven't changed so what has?

It's either a Game bug or a WW bug and likely has something to do with the math used for positioning.

Or stuck/corrupted data being loaded?

I would also try moving the WickedWhimsMod Settings Folder in my Saves to Desktop to start fresh.

And delete the cache of course.

I'd also try a game repair.

Be nice to know if others are not having the same problems.

2 hours ago, B10HAZARD. said:

- Added mods folder.

-Run game.

Hope this helps. 

Resource.cfg is a simple text file that just tells your game what folder is your Mods folder and how many directories deep to look. It can also be used to label a folder higher priority if you have any overrides.

localthumbcache.package needing to be deleted makes sense. I had done this several times yesterday with each mod that got an update, but did so again to do the steps above. If anything could have been the issue other than the mod itself now being at odds with Maxis, it would have been this.

Nonetheless I tried these steps, and it did not work.

Some animations were OK, others out of position.

Looks like a lot of conversation in between my posts - took me a while to test everything as other things got in the way.

WickedWhimsSettings is a series of json files with some very basic variables for nudity, body parts, etc. Nothing in there relates to position. Deleting it to let it be recreated anyway... just to be thorough.

- it's often partially bad, which is more disturbing. As in the figures will 'connect', but something like the waist is twisted causing the arms to not connect. That feels like Maxis is reading animations files differently than it used to - which would make this a Maxis bug if true... and that would mean it might never get fixed unless it also hits some core game animations.

Will EDIT with next set of results.

Edited by jyotai

@jyotai Thanks, i knew what the files do btw ;) 

I didn't say doing what i posted before would work, when i did that before was a long time ago! was worth a try though i guess.

So some animations work, interesting. would be good to know which ones do & don't work but i think that would take some time to test all.

I appreciate the testing you're doing & the info, excellent thank you again.

One pattern I'm observing is that if I manually switch to an animation with no issues, and then switch back to one of the 'broken' animations, the 'broken' one now looks good.

It also seems to usually be 'broken' on an initial stage when I move to a new location or start a scene. 

If I have manually moved to a good animation and now all animations are working, then I move them to a new piece of furniture - position breaking starts up again.

So, random theory... something in 'initializing' positions is off? But once it has the positions, the math flows well, until you disrupt the actor locations or whatever and it has to run initializing again...

The ones that most commonly seem to 'work' right out of the gate are the ones that I think the 'actors' are in a 0-rotation state, or a 90-degree state, or perhaps in the same rotation as each other. That's a guess because I don't know the numbers - but a straight missionary, doggy, or cowgirl have so far been a way I've been able to get the cycle 'good'. That said... in my screenshot earlier the guy in the background was just giving himself a handjob, and couldn't find his own anatomy... so I don't know... (but maybe if I had two different handjob animations and went to the second one, then back to the first, it would be OK...)

Edited by jyotai
5 minutes ago, jyotai said:

One pattern I'm observing is that if I manually switch to an animation with no issues, and then switch back to one of the 'broken' animations, the 'broken' one now looks good.

It also seems to usually be 'broken' on an initial stage when I move to a new location or start a scene. 

If I have manually moved to a good animation and now all animations are working, then I move them to a new piece of furniture - position breaking starts up again.

So, random theory... something in 'initializing' positions is off? But once it has the positions, the math flows well, until you disrupt the actor locations or whatever and it has to run initializing again...

I found the same thing. An animation that typically plays fine might play with the glitch the next time. But switching animation locations seem to make it happen a lot more than if I switch animations on the same type of animation....and on the same article of furniture.

1 hour ago, B10HAZARD. said:

@Scorpio 

Yeah, it would be nice to know.

I have not updated yet btw. 

Have you updated? How is your game?

No updates so my game is good ;)

This kind of patch could take weeks before all the mod bugs are fixed.

I wait until all my mods are updated and some I wait for 2-3 updates if I see random problems.

And game bugs who knows how long it will take to get those fixed.

Mods are likely to have fixes for them before EA does. 

i'm thinking the patch messed something up cause my sim is just using the computer and this is happening.
he's not talking to anyone, he's not watching the tv (which is to the left of him). he's just "trolling the forums" and he's not even looking at the screen.

07-22-21_8-16-41 PM.png

so whatever is doing this, is probably messing with WW.

Edited by Jpnts
1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

No updates so my game is good ;)

This kind of patch could take weeks before all the mod bugs are fixed.

I wait until all my mods are updated and some I wait for 2-3 updates if I see random problems.

And game bugs who knows how long it will take to get those fixed.

Mods are likely to have fixes for them before EA does. 

Yeah, i do the same normally.

Have not played the game for a while and was thinking about updating just to test it, until i saw the posts about the animations.

I have two game folders so could easily switch back to the old version though, might try it tomorrow.