[mod] [Stellaris] EoS - Without Apparel Patch

One thing I like about this Elven set is that the textures wrap up SOOO fast. laugh.png

post-99-0-02457800-1480294655_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-72688600-1480294676_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-60184300-1480294694_thumb.jpg

Found out some new things with this one. Apparently I -can- use smoothing smartly in Maya and it exports just fine to Stellaris. I used this to make a nice sharp point on the bottom part of the hull. I'll consider this for future ships on parts of the ship people might actually see. laugh.pnglaugh.png

And yes, I can see I'm starting to get in a bit of a rut so I'm going to do something radically different for destroyer2. Still curvy and plenty of lights of course! wink.png

OK I'm officially in a rut. I started to do a new destroyer and I got one but... it's a bit like a destroyer version of corvette2. blush.gif  Also, I liked it both when its wings were straight AND when they are curved. Which naturally, got me thinking. Vanilla has these ships (military only):

• Corvette
  • Destroyer
  • Cruiser
  • Battleship

New Ship Classes and More adds the following:

• Frigate (smaller than destroyer)
  • Strike Cruiser
  • Battlecruiser
  • Light Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Dreadnaught
  • Superdreadnaught
  • Flagship

EEk! However, if I were to say.... utilize ships with curved wings (or straight) I could fill up these slots pretty quickly. So I -may- consider doing a few more ships that are similar to the existing with small differences and could end up with NSCM compatibility. (It works for vanilla too. You just don't get access to the other ships in vanilla.)

Got around to having a look at Realistic Ships and New Ships and More.

New Ships and More

Good Points

• Lots of ships. laugh.png
  • Love the carriers.
  • Love the concept of a flagship.
  • Love being able to design mining/power/frontier outposts.
  • Looks like a solid and well built mod. Definitely impressed. cool.gif
  • Appears to be compatible with AlphaMod. (I think anyway. Couldn't find any conflicts from a cursory search.)

Bad Points

• Not a lot of variety among vanilla ship styles.
  • All styles get the same mining and power stations.
  • The headquarters station is the same for everybody.
  • Drydock station is the same for everybody. (Like the model though!)
  • Dreadnoughts don't have XL slots!? (The super dread gets 2 of them though.)
  • I worry that the AI isn't going to be able to handle all these ship types. (They don't handle vanilla very well as it is.) Has anybody played it to find out?
  • I also worry I'll be even more terrible at creating fleets that can kill more than a fly. (Yeah OK, this is probably just me but I can still barely manage a fleet after the 1.3 update! laugh.pnglaugh.png)

At this point, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to get compatibility. Paradox has hinted that they'll be adding Titans to vanilla at some point. If I get my ships working with this, then we're looking at a lot of fun to get updated when Paradox shakes everything up and then this gets updated. Could by why so few custom ships support this one. (I could only find one and it was a mishmash.)

Realistic Ships

Good Points

• More ships but not tons.
  • Decent variety among vanilla ship styles. (No ship is the same for all styles.)
  • Nothing too crazy. (Dreadnoughts at least have an XL slot! wink.png)
  • Not too much work for compatibility. (There aren't many new ships to add.)
  • Several custom ships styles already support it.
  • Seems compatible with pretty much everything. (AlphaMod, Crystallis, TFW Ship Parts, Ship Power Stations, etc.)

Bad Points

• No carriers. (However, you can configure a dreadnought with at least 4 hangars in my quick test. Maybe 5 if I missed the bow.)
  • Same worry as above about the AI. (Again may just be me worrying over nothing. blush.gif)

I'm leaning towards this one at the moment. It adds 3 cruisers and 2 dreadnoughts to the mix. The sorts of ships I prefer doing. (Bigger the better! laugh.png) Plenty of compatibility with other mods. And I just may actually consider having this in my permanent mod lineup if it works out. If Paradox shakes up ship classes again in the future, because there aren't too many added here it's not going to be as big of a headache to deal with. (So it's a mild headache instead of migraine. angel.gif)

There is an additional mod that I haven't looked at yet. And that's ISBS. This one really sounds like my kind of thing because it appears to -only- add super capital ships. From the page it seems there are 6 super capitals added. When I get a chance I'll definitely be looking into that.

If anybody has any experience playing with any of these mods, please speak up about your experiences. Good or bad! wink.png

Oooh ISBS looks dope! Not sure how I managed to miss it!

Also, I'm pretty sure mods overwrite each other in alphabetical order so you could actually make the core mod vanilla only that way it also wouldn't generate tons of error messages if someone doesn't have ship mods installed) and have separate patches for ship mod compatibility!

Although I'm still ship-modding illiterate so I don't know how much work that wold involve >_>

By the by the person who made the pretty human mod we were looking at earlier finished making the standalone version: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806711009

It has a few new faces (although only one colour wth some face markings, Idon'tknowHaloloredon'taskmewhatthatis) and some new outfits!

The neat thing about ships is you can just specify the new ship types in your GFX and asset files. If a player has mods that use those ships, they'll show up. If not, no errors! cool.gif My only real issue is the amount of work involved in getting the ship styles compatible. I mean, I'll have 3 ship styles to keep updated. That could get psychotic in a hurry if Paradox pulls a fast one on us. And they've indicated they might do just that. angel.gif

Had a very quick look at ISB. And... more bullets! laugh.pnglaugh.png

• Only adds 2 new ship classes in a sense. The other new ships are universal for all ship styles. (But they're rather neat!)
  • Lots of cool, glowy, crazy stuff that is by default awesome. laugh.png
  • I LOVE the titans!!

Since I only have to worry about 2 ships really, this would be very easy to make compatible.

About the pretty human mod, that's the one I was waiting for! I'll make a patch for that one. laugh.png (Yeah I have no idea what the heck the game is that they're from either! laugh.pnglaugh.png)

OK, I think I'm going to use this as destroyer2:

post-99-0-91609800-1480542159_thumb.jpg

I have a curved wing version that I'm going to use for one of the slots in Realistic Ships. (With a slightly different vine pattern. Neat thing is I only have to change one texture to do it!)

Which wraps up small ships FINALLY. Now I get into the interesting stuff. For the first few, I'm going to try to steer clear of the hole in the middle thing. Getting a little too rut like for my tastes. Going to try a star destroyer... elfy style for cruiser1. Battleship1 is a bit different. More like a diamond than a triangle shape. Hopefully it will work out. wink.png

Also, have a radical idea for battleship2. The top part is all shiny, with only the underneath part getting lights. cool.gif  FINALLY no triangles or diamonds. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Erm...

Actually, it appears no changes required. I can't find any errors.

Only thing is some of the male outfits (only some confused.gif) no longer quite fit. Could be their adjusted anims. Other than that, looks like it's ok for the moment.

It took me 3 EONS... however I have Cruiser1 shaped and mapped at last! I have a swept and straight version. Not sure which, but one of them I'll use for an extra ship type. Hopefully textures should be done soon. wink.png Going to try and add a forcefield to a small shuttle bay type thing in this one. We'll see how it goes...

My version of a Star Destroyer... Elven style...

post-99-0-75395900-1481317580_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-24090800-1481317594_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-73743400-1481317606_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-69791100-1481317621_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-24927500-1481317634_thumb.jpg

I was intending to put a forcefield thingy where the rectangle is in the middle. (With the little landing pad... things...) Now I'm not sure as it looks fine as it is.

Aside from the battleship, which is diamond shaped, this is probably marking the end of the triangular style. I'm going to experiment a bit for cruiser2 as well as battleships.... 2 and 3...  laugh.png

Thank you, Nessa, for this amazing mod (as well as the drow one)! The depth and amount of work you put into it is astonishing -- I browsed through all the file and there's a lot there. And the portraits! OH MY. All these choices! Thank you once again smile.png

I'm preparing my own species for my own amusement and power(gaming) fantasy now -- the Zeltron from Star Wars (I just have a thing for red-skinned sexy pheromone-exhuding telempathic aliens, what can I say angel.gif  ) and, since your portraits are of such great quality and I know absolutely nothing about computer graphics or design, I was wondering whether I could use some of your assets as base -- because the vanilla human portraits are just... ugly. Just change these beautiful pointy ears back to normal, change their skin colour etc. 

Ooooh! I just found something pretty looking!

Transport.gif

Apparently it's a Star Trek thing (and must be new because I don't remember ever seeing it) but I just saw it and it reminded me of your ships! Only I really like the shape of the wings! They look like standard wings turning into Tie-fighter panels halfway through! Possibly of use to you? ^^ If not for the elves, maybe drow could use it?

whoa. Like! Especially those wings. Perhaps I could turn something on that order into cruiser2 without it being too far different.

I did do a radically different ship but I just don't think it matches with the other ships when I lined them up. This kind of shape should work!

Thanks!