Tutorial to Create a Follower

View File

Tutorial to Create a Follower, including SexLab

This is a tutorial to create, step by step, a follower.
It is composed by a Word Document that explain all the different steps, and a final ESP that you can use as reference.

In this tutorial:

• Create a NPC
  • Use a custom Body
  • Use custom eyes
  • Use custom hair
  • Use custom armor
  • Use custom boots with High Heels System
  • Use custom weapons
  • Define a combat style
  • Setting up the NPC as follower
  • A little bit of dialogues
  • Use some extra body parts like horns and wings
  • Define some light scripting that uses SexLab to make the follower a Succubus

The acknowledgments go to:

• The idea for this tutorial is from DareDemon666
  • The items and the idea of the specific NPC is from dadadacool.
  • A big thank you to @nehaberlan that had a copy of the files I lost.

You can do whatever you want with this tutorial, also uploading to other sites that are open to SexLab related mods.
Just send me a message.

Enjoy,
CPU

• Submitter
    CPU
  • Submitted
    07/11/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Superb, thanks so much.

I created my first follower pack today of some of my older PCs, and was wondering about how to set up their attack , leveling and AI. Great article, answer questions I didn't even know I had :)

Edit: A couple follow-up questions, if you don't mind:

1. How would one add perks to NPCs as they level? OR would they be added automatically depending on their class?

2. How would this process change if one wanted to replace game NPCs? Would simply editing the NPC in CK and saving the ESP be enough?

3. Why do the NPC faces not look the same as PC faces? I have created the NPC (to the right of the picture) from the PC (left of the picture) and somehow the faces don't match.  It seems the face weight is different, and I didn't touch that anywhere. I tried with 'spf' on its own, and later used a Chargen exported head and merged using a NIf Merge Tool. The latter method got me here, which is closer to what the PC looks like. The npc data by itself failed quite miserably, with all the sculpt work lost. 

The one difference I accounted for is the eyes, due to a badly made custom race mod I cannot access the vanilla eye assets in-game so I use NK eye customiser, which in turn I cannot access using CK. Even with that factored in, the faces look significantly different.

post-1096124-0-81830600-1468381924_thumb.jpg

1. How would one add perks to NPCs as they level? OR would they be added automatically depending on their class?

2. How would this process change if one wanted to replace game NPCs? Would simply editing the NPC in CK and saving the ESP be enough?

3. Why do the NPC faces not look the same as PC faces? I have created the NPC (to the right of the picture) from the PC (left of the picture) and somehow the faces don't match.  It seems the face weight is different, and I didn't touch that anywhere. I tried with 'spf' on its own, and later used a Chargen exported head and merged using a NIf Merge Tool. The latter method got me here, which is closer to what the PC looks like. The npc data by itself failed quite miserably, with all the sculpt work lost. 

1. NPCs don't get automatically perks. You have to define them.

2. It is the same. Just edit the NPC in your mod, and then provide the esp and the meshes/textures

3. They are never perfect. But be sure you replace the generated face mesh with the one you exported.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I can't see an option in the CK to add perks to NPCs, but I'm sure it's somewhere obvious so I'll look again.

I ran into another issue, and was hoping for some input - can we scale NPC body parts? Nothing too severe, I wanted to alter slightly the head scaling as this has a significant effect on appearance even in modest amounts, but the race controls the overall scaling. I wanted a in a few cases to increase or decrease head size in the 0.05 to -0.05 range like in Racemenu, but I seemingly have no control over this parameter in CK. I can change the overall weight though and the neck and head scale appropriately, but not the head by itself.

The exported heads from Racemenu's sculpt option has the correct scaling when I look at it in-game, but NPCs are not so great because they seem to scale back to default.

No, you have really little control of the scaling of body parts in CK.

You may need to create a custom skeleton. But I do not advise to do it.

Hi,

I have some difficulties to download the files from the LoversLab. Is it possible to upload the files in MEGA for example?

Sure. I am doing it right now.

Hey CPU.

Awesome tutorial and really helpful, but I've just encountered one problem.

When I try to do the quest script I get "Errors encountered while attempting to reload the script" so I can't do the autofill since the properties is just empty.

I tried to copy your script but it does not some to work either. I can add properties manual, but I think since I do not know the exact values it does not add anything.

It also compaling about papyrus flag, what does that mean?

I can get the dialouge working but the script wont work (obvious I know).

The error message:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "TIF__02002315"...
<unknown>(0,0): Unable to find flags file: TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\TIF__02002315.psc(3,0): Unknown user flag Hidden
No output generated for TIF__02002315, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on TIF__02002315

You are missing the basic script files.

Go in Skyrim\Data\ folder. There is a file called Scripts.rar. Unzip it and place all the scripts in the Skyrim\Data\ folder.

Then download SKSE.zip (skse.silverlock.org) and unzip it.

Put the content of the Data folder of SKSE inside the Data folder of Skyrim. Overwrite everything.

You are missing the basic script files.

Go in Skyrim\Data\ folder. There is a file called Scripts.rar. Unzip it and place all the scripts in the Skyrim\Data\ folder.

Then download SKSE.zip (skse.silverlock.org) and unzip it.

Put the content of the Data folder of SKSE inside the Data folder of Skyrim. Overwrite everything.

It works!

Thanks alot really appreciate it! :D

And since you seem to know this very well. If you feel that you have the time.

Is there an easy way to add a sexlab scene at the end of a dialogue?

I'm really bad with scripting, but I assume I should add it in the end script in the quest dialouge options?

And I assume I have say who the actors are, what animation type to use and then start the animation?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this tutorial. I found it quite usefull, in spite of the fact I already have some experience in making custom followers. Would you, please, give me any advice on how can I apply elf ears to nord head in CK. My RM preset only allows such a combination in game on PC, but not in CK when I am working on custom character.

Hello,

I have a problem from the start.

I as specified in the PDF file. I load the "Skyrim" file. File> Data and click "ok".  

Then, I have to save? I click on save and then?

And after I want to load the mod. "Tutorial Follower" but an error message written with "Multiple master files selected for load. Load operation aborted" and then nothing happens.

I tried to read several times to understand but I understand.

(English is not maternal language)

Hello,

I as specified in the PDF file. I load the "Skyrim" file. File> Data and click "ok".  

And after I want to load the mod. "Tutorial Follower" but an error message written with "Multiple master files selected for load. Load operation aborted" and then nothing happens.

Hi.

The problems yo are facing are common, and are one of the first things you learn when do moddings.

So, let's fix both of them:

The first step is to actually create your own mod.

To do that:

1) Open CK

2) Click on the Data button (or menu, it is the same)

3) Check just Skyrim and click OK

4) Click on Yes to All for all warnings.

5) Click on save. This will create your own mod (empty), give it a name like: Sunsakuka.esp

6) Click on Data again, and in this case do a double-right-click on your mod, and then click OK. This will load your mod as active, and you can start.

About the "Multiple masters error".

1) Find your SkyrimPrefs.ini file (Usually in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\, but if you use CK from Mod Organizer then you need to edit the same file in the Profile folder of Mod Organizer)

2) Find the section [General]

3) Add the following two lines:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

Save and load again CK.

I hope this helps.

Hello,

Hi.

The problems yo are facing are common, and are one of the first things you learn when do moddings.

So, let's fix both of them:

The first step is to actually create your own mod.

To do that:

1) Open CK

2) Click on the Data button (or menu, it is the same)

3) Check just Skyrim and click OK

4) Click on Yes to All for all warnings.

5) Click on save. This will create your own mod (empty), give it a name like: Sunsakuka.esp

6) Click on Data again, and in this case do a double-right-click on your mod, and then click OK. This will load your mod as active, and you can start.

About the "Multiple masters error".

1) Find your SkyrimPrefs.ini file (Usually in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\, but if you use CK from Mod Organizer then you need to edit the same file in the Profile folder of Mod Organizer)

2) Find the section [General]

3) Add the following two lines:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

Save and load again CK.

I hope this helps.

Hello,

I thank you for your quick response.

It is very complicated for me. But suddenly, the mod that I download on the page. (Mod files with textures, mesh, act ..) it is useless? or is it later?

Hello,

It is very complicated for me. But suddenly, the mod that I download on the page. (Mod files with textures, mesh, act ..) it is useless? or is it later?

The mod you can download it is just the final result of all the steps described in the tutorial.

You can use it as reference, but I do not recommend to use it as your basic mod to do your own follower.

Hello,

The mod you can download it is just the final result of all the steps described in the tutorial.

You can use it as reference, but I do not recommend to use it as your basic mod to do your own follower.

OK thanks a lot.

But I'll stop. It's too complicated and CK crash a lot. I will continue to look for someone to do it.

Thank you again!

Have a nice day :)

• 3 months later...

Thank you very much for the helpful tutorial.

I have a question that's not addressed in the doc. How can I make my follower equip rings and amulets that I give her? She just ignores them and never uses them sad.png

She readily uses healing potions when I give her some. And of course armor and weapons. But not the necklaces, nor rings.

Thank you very much for the helpful tutorial.

I have a question that's not addressed in the doc. How can I make my follower equip rings and amulets that I give her? She just ignores them and never uses them sad.png

She readily uses healing potions when I give her some. And of course armor and weapons. But not the necklaces, nor rings.

2 options:

1) Give to the rings a high armor level (light or heavy, does not matter), they will be equipped by default

2) Write some code to automatically add them.