TES 6 - "a very long way off"

prinyo

Well, we have the Word of Todd on this one: http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/13/11923906/elder-scrolls-6

In many game development companies, the development cycle starts with pre-production, which has just the team of core directors, then as they require more people working on it they hire up. The studio snowballs in members, culminating in everyone being fired except for the core team who start pre-production on the next project.

BGS is better than this, they don't fire their employees and instead have a bunch of tracks that people work on so that everyone has work to do. So for example, while Todd Howard and the other lead designers are doing pre-production work on the new game, all the artists and programmers can make DLC for the previous game.

What this means is that saying they "Started work on Skyrim right after Oblivion" is true, but it doesn't give us a strong indication of the timeframe, because it's (project scope)/(work done) that counts.

Half life 3

Don't even go there. It's been so long that I completely lost interest in HL3. I don't want the same thing to happen to Elder Scrolls. Or maybe I do, if the only thing they announce in 2037 is "Here's TES6 with voiced protagonist and a grand total of 8 quests...and paid mods and settlement builder, yay?!"

Hey you asked!

I'm of the mind the longer it takes the better it will be. The difference between fast food and a seven course

luxury dining experience. After Fallout 4 everyone should be in agreement that Bethesda needs to take their

time and really pour over the finer details for TES VI. I want a storyline so enthralling I can't sleep for days.

Half life 3

Don't even go there. It's been so long that I completely lost interest in HL3. I don't want the same thing to happen to Elder Scrolls. Or maybe I do, if the only thing they announce in 2037 is "Here's TES6 with voiced protagonist and a grand total of 8 quests...and paid mods and settlement builder, yay?!"

Hey you asked!

bethesda doesn't have platform like steam to make shit ton of money so they can't sideline their best selling franchise. valve has and they are literally shitting money so they don't need half life 3 to make more money.

They've really been pushing the 11/11 release date a lot. I think they'll follow the same formula for TES VI. I agree

and think we'll hear about it at E3 2018 for a 11/11/18 release. 

2018? Seriously?

My sweet summer child.

Nobody actually knows what they are doing behind the scenes.

My personal hypothesis is that the new TES game will be released when the new consoles will be available. (Not sure about their names, but something like XBox One S, and PS4.5, or whatever the names will be.)

Both consoles should be for "end 2017" (Somebody may have better info, I don't care too much for this information.)

So, if we will be lucky, an announcement for the new TES can be done for the next E3 (in about one year) and get the game by the end of the year.

Just an hypothesis. If it will be 2018 we can just wait.

Well, they said that TES6 is the last thing on their list. I'm becoming doubtful about my 2019 estimate, but they can't have a ten year gap between releases for such a major franchise, can they?

Half life 3

Don't forget how long it took Blizzard to finally develop Diablo 3.

They've really been pushing the 11/11 release date a lot. I think they'll follow the same formula for TES VI. I agree

2018? Seriously?

My sweet summer child.

Well I mean all of this is conjecture really. Fallout 3 was October 2008. Skyrim November 2011.

Fallout 4 last year. So around a four year wait between flagship releases skipping New Vegas since

it was a side project with Obsidian. Only reason I say 2018 is they have ramped up production.

Always around October or November to catch the holiday sales crowd early. Dishonored 2 will

drop this year. Bethesda has been working on whatever this "Starfield" project is for three years

now. So I'm guessing it will systemically be previewed at E3 next year and dropped in 2017. And

then TES VI the following. You'll still have the side projects with other developers to fill the catalog.

But as for TES VI, I'm guessing 2018, possibly 2019.

http://gamerant.com/bethesda-starfield-trademark-renewal-193/ 

2018? Seriously?

My sweet summer child.

Well I mean all of this is conjecture really. Fallout 3 was October 2008. Skyrim November 2011.

Fallout 4 last year. So around a four year wait between flagship releases skipping New Vegas since

it was a side project with Obsidian. Only reason I say 2018 is they have ramped up production.

Always around October or November to catch the holiday sales crowd early. Dishonored 2 will

drop this year. Bethesda has been working on whatever this "Starfield" project is for three years

now. So I'm guessing it will systemically be previewed at E3 next year and dropped in 2017. And

then TES VI the following. You'll still have the side projects with other developers to fill the catalog.

I wish I could share your optimism but I really doubt it be released anytime before 2020. Todd Howard said they are working on two massive games which rivals Skyrim and Fallout 4 in size. He also mentioned these projects will most likely be out before TES6. I doubt these two massive games will come out in 2017 and 2018 and than TES 6 in 2019.

2018? Seriously?

My sweet summer child.

I wish I could share your optimism but I really doubt it be released anytime before 2020. Todd Howard said they are working on two massive games which rivals Skyrim and Fallout 4 in size. He also mentioned these projects will most likely be out before TES6. I doubt these two massive games will come out in 2017 and 2018 and than TES 6 in 2019.

Yeah I figure whatever this project Starfield is will be one of them. Probably a space

rpg to give Mass Effect a run for its money. Which is cool I wouldn't mind a change of

scenery, hopefully it will still allow for modding.

for me ended Bethesda already a year ago, because Skyrim for me already long history is ! 
and for me 1000% is safe, that I will buy from them no longer a game !
because for me all the games were (except Morrowind) a great disappointment.  :( 
But Thank goodness there are other games developers such as Bethesda.  ;)

edit: I would have no problem with it, if they (Bethesda) suddenly (POOF) would disappear.  :lol:  :lol:

2331236-9624727519-Poof..gif

edit2: such a huge company is not in a position, after now already 5 bygone years a new Elder Scroll game to develop !
once again wait 5 years longer, that would then be more than 11 years
DUKE NUKEM lets GREET !!! 00008356.gifDuke Nukem Forever 14 years of development 

edit3: comes now not, They have yes worked on Fallout 4 !!
that have They between the other Elder Scrolls also!  ;)

My guess is, THEY HAVE NOT KNOW OF MODERN GRAPHIC ENERGY !!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

therefor must Bethesda still long long To exercise ! 

The%2BWitcher%2B3%2BWild%2BHunt%2Bby%2BM

This developed a small company, in contrast to Bethesda !!  :P

Yeah I figure whatever this project Starfield is will be one of them. Probably a space

rpg to give Mass Effect a run for its money. Which is cool I wouldn't mind a change of

scenery, hopefully it will still allow for modding.

A change of scenery will be interesting. I really wonder  though how fans would react to it. I do think their future games would be moddable as well. Just not sure if it going to be an open world game.

for me ended Bethesda already a year ago, because Skyrim for me already long history is ! 

and for me 1000% is safe, that I will buy from them no longer a game !

because for me all the games were (except Morrowind) a great disappointment.  :( 

But Thank goodness there are other games developers such as Bethesda.  ;)

edit: I would have no problem with it, if they (Bethesda) suddenly (POOF) would disappear.  :lol:  :lol:

2331236-9624727519-Poof..gif

edit2: such a huge company is not in a position, after now already 5 bygone years a new Elder Scroll game to develop !

once again wait 5 years longer, that would then be more than 11 years

DUKE NUKEM lets GREET !!! 00008356.gifDuke Nukem Forever 14 years of development 

edit3: comes now not, They have yes worked on Fallout 4 !!

that have They between the other Elder Scrolls also!  ;)

My guess is, THEY HAVE NOT KNOW OF MODERN GRAPHIC ENERGY !!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

therefor must Bethesda still long long To exercise ! 

The%2BWitcher%2B3%2BWild%2BHunt%2Bby%2BM

This developed a small company, in contrast to Bethesda !!  :P

I may be one of the few that doesn't think Fallout 4 was a complete waste. I just think they

had the misfortune of coming out after Witcher 3 and being compared.  Bethesda hasn't had

real competition in this area before, so it'll be interesting to see what they do with it. CDPR 

is releasing Cyberpunk 2077 at some point in the near future and promises it'll be even bigger

and better than Witcher 3 in scope. I'm hoping Bethesda dials in to some healthy competition.

We can only benefit from this rivalry. It'll mean better and better games for us. :D

Guest endgameaddiction

Makes complete sense with Skyrim remaster soon at our disposal and getting the whole console mod situated. They want to focus on having that down and functioning. Squeeze out everything with Skyrim as much possible before TES6 comes around. So if it's not being developed, looking at 7+ years from now. Their other two games seem to be the top priority now that Fallout 4 is out the way and made their profit off of it. Looks like since they have these two new games out. I can only imagine that Fallout and TES development is going to slow down by a lot since they have another two games that they want to overly hype.

Ooh, but Enderal is releasing this month, if need something to tide you over.

Almost here.

it's there !

since 01.07. 2016, but for the time being for German users, English version (with subtitles) appear likely to end this month.  ;) 

but the download is a joke, less than 100 kb \ seconds and at a size of 7.8 GB it takes more than a day to download it!

and the irony is at the thing, my download was almost finished, there were quite simple a demolitions.  :lol:  :lol:  :(  :(  

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/timeout

Almost here.

it's there !

since 01.07. 2016, but for the time being for German users, English version (with subtitles) appear likely to end this month.  ;) 

but the download is a joke, less than 100 kb \ seconds and at a size of 7.8 GB it takes more than a day to download it!

and the irony is at the thing, my download was almost finished, there were quite simple a demolitions.  :lol:  :lol:  :(  :(  

I have not heard of this game before but it looks intriguing.

Almost here.

it's there !

I have not heard of this game before but it looks intriguing.

believe me, it's fascinating, I already saw Game Play Videos and I was speechless.  ;)  :)

Archived