[CK2] NoxBestia's Fertility System

NoxBestia

This is an improved pregnancy system that better takes into account both partners' fertility scores.  By itself, this mod does not do anything though I have left the testing files in it so they can be activated.

• The mod takes 50% of the fertility score of each partner and adds them together.  So long as neither partner has less than 0.01 fertility, a pregnancy chance between 1 and 100 is generated and rolled against (in 10% increments).
  • A combined score of 100 guarantees pregnancy.
  • Additionally, ultra-low scores (a combined fertility of less than 10%) have a 1% chance of conception.

I hope you enjoy.

NoxBestiaFertility-v0.20.7z

So, what exactly does it do?

Yes, it takes fertility scores into account, but how does the end result differ from vanilla pregnancy?

No event-based pregnancy in the vanilla game makes even reasonable use of fertility scores.  Most have a 30, 50, or 70 % chance of pregnancy, if even that many levels.  Nothing in the events takes into account very high fertility scores.

So it increases the odds of pregnancy for high-fertility characters?

Yes, but more.

It takes 50% of the fertility score of each partner and adds them together.  So long as neither partner has less than 0.01 fertility, a pregnancy chance between 1 and 100 is generated and rolled against (in 10% increments).  

Additionally, ultra-low scores (a combined fertility of less than 10%) have a 1% chance of conception.

Wonder if this can implant a new method of illness and mutations for the next generations. I'd like to see those close inbreeding houses that opposing me suffer in pain and weakness for ages.

I remember running across a mod that tweaked with how the congenial traits worked and I remember liking it, but I can't remember what it was or if it is even still being maintained.

Regardless, it wouldn't be a part of the fertility check event itself.  if I find it, I'll see how it was done and see if it would make sense to add to any of my work, such as my bestially mod I am working on.

Does this affect the chanes for twins?

It does not.  I have not even looked into how that works, though it might be interesting to increase the chance of twins as the combined fertility grows higher.  I think I'll go look into the twin mechanics now... :)

I remember running across a mod that tweaked with how the congenial traits worked and I remember liking it, but I can't remember what it was or if it is even still being maintained.

Regardless, it wouldn't be a part of the fertility check event itself.  if I find it, I'll see how it was done and see if it would make sense to add to any of my work, such as my bestially mod I am working on.

You might be thinking of pfried's generational inbreeding mod over on the paradox forums. Hasn't been maintained in a while.

A heavily character-based strategy game, remember, with lots of personal events, where even the unmodded game has seduction, infidelity, gay characters, and even incest.  There have been several big CK2 mods on here, like Christianity Mod (changes Catholicism to a highly sex-positive religion) or the massive Dark World (adds succubi, vampires, werewolves, erotic fairy tales, and more), along with a few on other sites (like Arglwydd over on Hypnopics Collective, which gives you erotic mind control powers).  It's a surprisingly fun game to add sexy elements to.

The biggest difference (aside from the time frame -- EU4 starts where CK2 ends) is that in EU4, you play a country -- Portugal, England, Japan, or whatever -- and follow that country through the years.  In CK2, you play as a character -- say, William the Conqueror, or Matilda of Tuscany, or Charlemagne -- with their own personal traits and their own relations to the individual characters around Europe.  When your character dies, you move on to playing their heir.  This can lead to a lot of ups and downs over the course of the game.  You can start out as a minor count in Ireland, expand militarily over the generations to ruling the entire British Isles, only to get overthrown by nobles who hate your guts, and ending up as the count of Vienna because of a claim you inherited from your great-grandmother, and using that position to launch a series of holy wars against the king of Hungary who's fallen into the Cathar heresy.  Or any number of other scenarios.

It's better for adult gaming than EU4 because of the way you play individual characters.  There's existing traits for things like Lustful, Shy, or Homosexual, and modders here have added additional elements like breast sizes or becoming a succubus.  You can make it your goal to seduce the Queen of France or to convert all of Europe to a custom religion that allows incest and massive numbers of concubines.  (Or don't play any mods and just try to revive Zoroastrianism, which does those too.)  The game also includes lots of events that can happen to your character, and those are prime bait for modding.  (Take a look at the first post of the Dark World Reborn thread for a couple of examples.)

Archived