4 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

o is two Keeper Carcettes just a "me" thing, as I suspect? I haven't been to SBC yet, so if you replied there, I'm about to go see it. I hope I didn't annoy Blackbird. Annoying ANY modder is the last thing I want to do. I generally just throw things out there and see what sticks. I have ZERO problems being ignored.

Nope, it was a goof on my part and I've already fixed it for the next update.  What happened was I made a duplicate of her for my "photo studio" location I used to make the screen caps for the previews... well.... I forgot to remove her behavior packages and so the duplicate joins her original in the hall.  My bad.

You didn't say if that change in the tintmask was more to your taste?

I don't mind tweaking them, there's very few of the current uniques that I consider their appearance "final" yet.  I'm still building my skill level at making good looking faces in Racemenu, so I figure many of them will get further adjustments.  Just part of the process.

I'm still testing the changes to the witches, I've got a specific test to set up to make sure another change I made doesn't break anything but if that turns out well then I think I've got it sorted so witches will fight dremora they encounter.  Once I get that nailed down I'll push an update to correct the KS Hair problem and then I can get back to work on updating content.

*sigh*  Things are never simple.

Making a PB_Witches faction is not likely going to work.  The problem is that for that to work properly I have to edit a lot of other factions (trolls, skeevers, spiders, wisps, icewraiths, etc.) so that they treat the faction as a friend.  BUT, if any other mod makes an additional edit to those creature factions it will effectively erase my changes and cause a lot of stuff to break.  That, I think we can all agree is bad.

A simpler option was to edit JUST the Hagraven and Dremora factions and remove them being allied with each other.  That leaves the witches in the hagraven faction, all their faction friends and allies are untouched (much fewer edits) and that way witches don't fight trolls or spiders or skeevers but they do fight dremora; which is what is desired.

But it still means editing those two factions and if anything else edits those factions... stuff breaks again (most likely in the form of the witches going back to being friendly with the dremora).

The one other way I could get around this would mean using a small "quest" that runs once on game load and updates the factions with a script.  But that does mean using scripting which a lot of people don't like.

So my options at this point are:

1. Leave the witches and dremora friendly and we'll just live with it, and get extra daedra hearts
  2. Edit the hagraven and dremora factions so they will fight and if something conflicts, we'll just live with it.
  3. Use a script to fix everything.

For now I'm going with option 2 but its very much open for discussion.  Meanwhile I'll be uploading a small fix update shortly to address the issues with Carcette, KS Hair and a couple other things.

34 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Nope, it was a goof on my part and I've already fixed it for the next update.  What happened was I made a duplicate of her for my "photo studio" location I used to make the screen caps for the previews... well.... I forgot to remove her behavior packages and so the duplicate joins her original in the hall.  My bad.

Ah, cool. I was worried I'd see other dopplegangers down the road. I acquired one of them as I always do, and hope that it doesn't matter which. I have to say, racing to the Hall before lvl 8 and it gets burned down is quite the mini-challenge. Ice wolves and reiklings are no joke at low level. But it's just the price I pay if I wanna 'catch 'em all' for my pokie and balls.lol

Speaking of which, it's a shame I can't take other starting options from LAL if I want the Imp. Cpt.. She's a must have for my collection, at this point. The game just wouldn't be the same without her, so I can't bring myself to do the other 'lives'. If only there was a modder who could place her in burned out Helgen, or something.(nudge, nudge, wink, wink) Seriously, though...I know it's a pipe dream so don't worry about it. I could just write down her ID# and console her in. But man, I hate using that thing any more than necessary, and I can never remember how to do it(since I never use that). Checking npcs' skill levels and resurrecting townsfolk killed by those damn vampires(there's just not enough of them to be losing any) is about the only things I can remember to do.

1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

You didn't say if that change in the tintmask was more to your taste?

I've been replying to forums, and haven't had the chance to install her and check it out yet(my usual method for doing this with MO is give it the same name as the main mod, then merging it). Thanks, again for that. I will say, I really liked her before more than the new her. I don't get why you changed her. But tastes vary, and it's your mod, so no biggie. Personally, not a fan of make-up, and long hair rules. Although the hair gets in the way of some of the tats. I wish I wasn't so worried about the HDT hair bugging out so it could 'swish' out of the way. I'm not seeing spazzing boobs and butts very often, now that I think about it, so I guess HDT has gotten a lot better, now. Maybe I'll try it out, provided it's universally supported, now.

witches will fight dremora they encounter.

I don't generally haunt the forums, much. I worry I'll make a comment and piss someone off, inadvertently. It's happened before. Misunderstandings are a Bitch! I've been in SBC because it's a wip, and I almost NEVER use wips. I prefer waiting for most of the bugs to be worked out, but I've been waiting for that mod to come back for so long, I just couldn't help but try it out. If LE version was having as many problems as the SE version, I wouldn't have installed it, and just waited a couple months. But, anyway...

There's gonna be dremora spawns?! EEEXXXXCELLENT! I hope there's females. I've missed them, and the other daedra, from Oblivion. I loved breeding them with Furo Trap mod and poor unsuspecting npc ladies. The chain reactions and chaos it'd cause was such fun. Good Times. Estrus is ok, but can't compare to the OG Furo tubs. A real shame that was never properly ported over, but the animation quality of Oblivion Furo tubs are leagues better than the sad Skyrim version. Oblivion has been calling to me for a while, now. But figuring out how to set it up properly has been keeping me away. It'd take days, if not a couple weeks, for me to do. *sigh* I miss it so much. And the girls in Skyrim are soooo much hotter. And I miss New Vegas, too. Why? WHY did I have to change computers?! Oh, right. Better fps and graphics. But DAMMIT! How I miss them.

I've rambled on and reminisced  enough. You're a busy person, after all. Thanks again for all your worked. LL modders really are my favorite internet people. The Nexus can blow me. So many sanctimonious pieces of crap there. I avoid it like the plague. Belittling and talking down to people seems to be their favorite hobby. I just don't get the appeal. Is it so hard to be nice? Baffling.

Have a great one, my dude(or dudette)! I'm off to Skyrim to "recruit" "un-paid interns".?

59 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

For now I'm going with option 2 but its very much open for discussion.

Whatever brings more dremora to Skyrim is fine by me. Hopefully they'll bring their lady friends along.? And they're ensla...err, umm...'recruitable'.

12 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

Speaking of which, it's a shame I can't take other starting options from LAL if I want the Imp. Cpt.. She's a must have for my collection, at this point. The game just wouldn't be the same without her, so I can't bring myself to do the other 'lives'. If only there was a modder who could place her in burned out Helgen, or something.(nudge, nudge, wink, wink) Seriously, though...I know it's a pipe dream so don't worry about it. I could just write down her ID# and console her in. But man, I hate using that thing any more than necessary, and I can never remember how to do it(since I never use that). Checking npcs' skill levels and resurrecting townsfolk killed by those damn vampires(there's just not enough of them to be losing any) is about the only things I can remember to do.

I'm thinking of doing more with Helgen eventually.  First there's two NPC you briefly see during it,  Matlara and Ingrid.  These two currently die during Alduin's attack but they could show up elsewhere as bandit captives or something.  Blabla actually place a duplicate of Ingrid in Pinewatch in a cage.  But I've also thought about taking all the Imperials and Stormcloaks you may meet during the escape from Helgen and make them unique named NPCs, and all of them with faces done in Racemenu.

But all that's way down on my list of priorities right now.

16 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

Thanks, again for that. I will say, I really liked her before more than the new her. I don't get why you changed her. But tastes vary, and it's your mod, so no biggie. Personally, not a fan of make-up, and long hair rules. Although the hair gets in the way of some of the tats.

Why I changed her is easy to answer.  The previous version was done purely in CK and used an Apachii hair which I'm in the process of transitioning away from.  The new version uses a KS hair and her facegen was done in Racemenu then merged with her head nif.  Racemenu generally yields superior results, though I'm still getting the hang of it.  There's no HDT on her hair, its a static hair mesh (I don't use any HDT hair meshes, too many issues).  If you have specific complaints or wishes about her, like with the blush, I can take a look and make tweaks.

That goes for anybody about any of them.  About the only three I'm so super happy with I'd be reluctant to change are Eisa Blackthorn, Fjola, and Anska.  I personally think all three of them turned out really well, but... I'll still listen if there are issues.  The rest, some I'm mostly happy with, others I think need to be redone... so speak up folks, you might get your wish.

Of the new ones for 1.1, I think Liesl has turned out terrific.  I'm currently mostly happy with Tilisu and Mirri Severin.  I'm still working on Bujold, Hilund, Herkja, Ildori and Niyya.  Merilar is alright, she's a nutter spider lady anyway... so... ?  I doubt I can do an Ildori Sarothil that can match NerdofPrey's but I'll do my best (course he did a whole mod devoted to her, that's a tall order to compete with)

23 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

But, anyway...

There's gonna be dremora spawns?! EEEXXXXCELLENT! I hope there's females. I've missed them, and the other daedra, from Oblivion.

There are.  For now its random wilderness encounters, either a Vigilant of Stendarr fighting a dremora OR a witch fighting a dremora.  Its the same encounter as where they might be fighting an atronach, I just added a 1 in 4 chance of it being a dremora instead.  The dremora, for now, are all male and use the same leveled lists used for the ones you encounter inside Mehrunes Dagon's shrine.   But that's just for now while I work out the issues and get everything working properly.  Once I get that done I would like to...

• add female versions of the male dremora
  • add female mazken
  • possibly add other types of daedra
  • look for other encounter locations I could add dremora spawns where it would make sense but still keep them fairly rare... this isn't another Oblivion Crisis after all.
28 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

A real shame that was never properly ported over, but the animation quality of Oblivion Furo tubs are leagues better than the sad Skyrim version.

One of these days I'm going to finish learning to export stuff from Blender to Nif and then learn to export animations and oh boy... Lovecraftian Horror here I come!

Have a great one, my dude(or dudette)! I'm off to Skyrim to "recruit" "un-paid interns".?

Thank you.  I'm a hill billy dude.  Enjoy.

Oh, word of caution.  The current version has a bad bug in it that will be fixed in the forthcoming patch (which will be up later today).  When I added KS Hair as a master it caused something bad to go wrong.  I'm still not sure why it happened.  Anyway, for the random leveled actors (bandits, mainly seem to be who is affected) if you check them in console and it says last modified by KS Hair, they're bugged and in the next patch they will go poof!  If you know how to use TES Edit, go ahead and remove KS Hair as a master and then wait 31 days inside somewhere to allow everything to reset and respawn, should fix most of the problem.  The unique actors like the Captain and others are unaffected.

Just a note since I was reading the posts about the possibility of female Dremora.

nachtdaemmerung77 used to have a female dremora stand alone follower available on Nexus before he pulled all of his mods from that site, and is now hosting his Maelstrom-Norse Dungeon quest in this forum.  Possibly ask if you can use his follower as a base for Dremora females?

?

Possibly, I have run that mod, and thought it was very well done.  I haven't gotten far enough along to know what I might do with adding various female daedra so its a fairly open ended question right now.  My main concern at the moment is just getting the behavior between factions working the way I want... if I can.  Seems like every option also has its drawbacks.

I think that he is the author of that follower mod with the female Daedra, not that it is part of that mod.  I may be mistaken, but I do not think so.  It was a voiced follower, but that growling, echo chamber type of voice really grated on me, so I did not keep her for very long.

Creating a clone of the imperial captain wouldn't be that hard, but the lore of why she was in the particular place could be... iffy.  There is a mod on Nexus called Terrible People (or it was, I haven't looked for it lately) that pretty much just does that... plant clones of various NPCs in places, as followers, I think for the sole purpose of recruiting them and taking them to Boethia's altar.

My idea for the witch vs dremora wasn't to change all of the witches and their faction, but just make a small select group that could show up on the road.  Maybe not even putting them in the witch faction at all, but just a PB_Witches faction that was enemy of daedra (potentially with a WE_Daedra faction custom made for them too), as these two NPC types just wouldn't show up anywhere else.  The Witches would have a a witch as a template, inheiriting all but factions and AI packages, for the most part.

7 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

The Witches would have a a witch as a template, inheiriting all but factions and AI packages, for the most part.

A template that inherits the traits (appearance) and so forth, but not the faction, and makes them hostile to just about everything might be just the ticket.  I'll try that next.  Good idea... again. ?

I'm thinking of doing more with Helgen eventually.

I've always wanted to acquire the priestess who tries to pray for us, and heal the wounded stormcloak woman when you first enter the tower. Other than those, I'm good with the Cpt. and the one stormcloak you meet in the torture chamber.

2 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Eisa Blackthorn

I've always wanted to grab her, but she was just too...weathered, for lack of a better term.

As for that last paragraph...I'll wait for the patch. All that technical gobbledy-gook is beyond my primitive brain.lol

About the witches...be nice if they don't have the old lady voice. I remember getting one in the past and she looked great, but...old lady voice. Kinda sucked.

Suggestions-wise, the only thing that comes to mind is clothes that show up in their inventories. I don't mind it when clothes respawn in their inventories, but when they show up and aren't in the inventories, it really sucks. Console Command blah, blah, blah. Whatever. I just want to open their inventories and take it away.(sounds like a Bethesda bug) Oh, and armor and weapons that match their skills. So many times they have the wrong stuff. People who make follower mods do that all the time. They give them unique armor and/or weapons, but they're more skilled with other stuff. Keeper Carcette is guilty of both. I take her circlet away, then turn around and there it is on her head again. I go into her inventory, and it's not there. And she has an enchanted two-handed hammer, but is more skilled with one handed weapons. Last I checked, anyway. It could be Bethesda's fault, or one of my other mods screwing things up, like one of the Wenches mods. So I'm not griping at you, just griping in general. Deadly Wenches wreaks havok with HSH camps, for instance.

Oh, and blush rarely looks good. On anyone, not just the Imp. Cpt.. Although it wasn't that bad on the Keeper. I keep mentioning those two because I deleted my saves and started new when SBC was installed. I really don't like adding mods mid-game. I'm paranoid it'll mess something up. So Bleakfalls Barrow for the 50th time. Yay.lol So I know their names by heart. All those other names you threw out there...no idea who they are. Other than Eisa.

still haven't managed to check out that Imp. Cpt. file, yet. I got distracted by a new Stimpee vid on YouTube. Then dinner. Then this. But I'm heading there now. Hopefully.?

2 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

A template that inherits the traits (appearance) and so forth, but not the faction, and makes them hostile to just about everything might be just the ticket.  I'll try that next.  Good idea... again. ?

NOT the old lady voice!

14 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

I've always wanted to grab her, but she was just too...weathered, for lack of a better term.

I don't think this looks weathered at all. ?

Spoiler

255650360_enb2022_02_2312_54_28_39.jpg.0d8bd1912c1b6593cd2d89179218be53.jpg

27 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

As for that last paragraph...I'll wait for the patch. All that technical gobbledy-gook is beyond my primitive brain.lol

Patch to v1.01 is up.  Read the warning.

All those other names you threw out there...no idea who they are.

Solstheim stuff.

Liesl is a mind controlled sailor working at one of the standing stone shrines North of Raven Rock.  I'm pretty happy with how she turned out.

Spoiler

ScreenShot102.jpg.3ab1c200cb2e337961ae5ba75b732699.jpg

Tilisu and Mirri Severin are people you meet in Raven Rock and later turn out to be assassins you have to fight.

Ildari Sarothil was a former apprentice of Neloth, thought to be dead... turns out she's... only partly dead, you fight her.  She holds a redguard sorceress named Niyya captive.

Bujold, her sister Hilund and another Nord woman Herkja are part of Thirskmead Hall.

Anska is a Nord woman you meet in High Gate ruins North of Morthal.  I think she turned out really well.

Spoiler

ScreenShot157.jpg.95bfcfb6d543d5848d73e1857dce305f.jpg

I am working to match gear and skills better, also some of them are getting better skills and more importantly better perks.

I don't believe I used any of the OldWoman voices for any of the witches.  Most are FemaleNord, FemaleCondescending or FemaleEvenToned.

As for blush, it and a lot of other things can be hard to judge.  You can see from the images above what things look like in my game.  But change to a different ENB, indoors vs outdoors and things can change a lot.  Makes it really hard to find something that looks good for everyone.  It one reason I encourage people to post screen caps, helps me see what they are talking about as it appears in their game.

The Imp. Cpt. looks much better. Thanks.  I had the brown-face bug at first, but I went and did Bleakfalls Barrow...again...but when I got back, she was all good. There's a reason PB is a must have in my load order. It's as much a part of Skyrim as Dawnguard and Dragons. Playing without it is unthinkable. Throw in the fact that you're a Chad(I hope I'm using this correctly), and it's even better. Never a worry with this mod. It's simple and to the point. It makes the bad girls pretty.

I'm so glad you haven't gone the route of adding more and more complicated features. That seems to be a trend that most Skyrim modders fall into. Then they get bored, or mad, or something and quit partway through leaving a buggy mess, or just yanking it altogether. I have no problem with someone trying to make a masterpiece, IF they see it through. That's why I wish they'd just perfect the basics and start with a simple, polished mod. THEN make the advanced version and adding 'features' and quests, etc. Take SBC, for example. I wish there was a basic version where you go to a camp, stumble upon a captive or three, then free them or keep them. SBC Lite, if you will. Like it was at first. It wasn't broke, so why fix it? Then people like me who are useless at play-testing and bug reporting can have something to enjoy, while 'The Masterpiece' is being painstakingly built. I've noticed some 'quirks' with my Skyrim since I installed SBC. They seem to be just a 'me' thing. Defeat is acting up, Creature animations needed to be re-enabled, a few other little things. Nothing game-breaking...so far. But worrisome. But it's a wip, so par for the course. I really should just wait a while before installing it, but I really want more 'pokemon' to catch. lol I use SBC for the unique npcs, everything else is just fluff. But anyway...

I'm very happy with PB, and eternally grateful that you made it. Keep up the good work, and don't get too ambitious. And if you do, make 'em addons, so they're optional.

2 hours ago, rcy68 said:

The Imp. Cpt. looks much better. Thanks.

No problem, I'll include the updated facetint in the next update.

2 hours ago, rcy68 said:

It makes the bad girls pretty.

It does a little more than that these days.  All the various unique NPCs I've included got a boost to their stats, perks (some had no perks at all originally which made them very weak), and updates to their gear to match their skills better (or sometimes I matched their skill and combat class to their gear, depending on what made the most sense).  I also set most of them to level based on the player's level up to a level cap of between 30-60, depending on who they were and how tough I thought was reasonable for them to get.

2 hours ago, rcy68 said:

I'm so glad you haven't gone the route of adding more and more complicated features. That seems to be a trend that most Skyrim modders fall into.

I've tried to avoid that, but I have been tempted.  Most things I've changed I've been cautious about it.  Adding KS Hair as a master was a rare incautious moment, naturally it blew up in my face. ?  But most things, like the recent changes to witches and having dremora appear, I'm making pretty gradual and careful changes intended to have low impact and... if something goes wrong it can be fixed without wrecking anyone's game.  I try hard to avoid things that might do that.

To be fair to Blackbird, SBC went through a rough patch with someone pirating the mod and claiming credit for it (as well as changing it in some really sick ways), and then finally Blackbird got to the point of feeling like working on it.  A lot of the new options were always planned, but never got implemented before the 'problems'.  So its going to be a lil rough for now until the bugs get ironed out, but once that happens the core system will be there and functional and then its just adding story... fun stuff.

2 hours ago, rcy68 said:

I'm very happy with PB, and eternally grateful that you made it. Keep up the good work, and don't get too ambitious. And if you do, make 'em addons, so they're optional.

I have a clear idea where I want to go with it, and then that will be it.  For now it means adding more unique NPCs in and a few other bits while I set up for the 2.0 rebuild.  That will be the big overhaul when I really change how parts of it work "under the hood".  But doing so will mean more variety in NPC encounters, even better looking "bad girls" (they'll ALL be done in Racemenu by that point, so think Eisa or Fjola x2500 NPCs), and all that contained in a esm & bsa that only has to be downloaded once, so updates will just be downloading a much smaller esp file.  Lot less hassle.

BTW, here's a screen cap of Niyya.  Probably not the final version but she's getting there.

Spoiler

2068388905_enb2022_04_0918_34_15_28.jpg.15277c1ee190f5b20c6a176a4d560520.jpg

Niyya got a boost as well.  In vanilla Dragonborn she's only a level 4 sorceress.  I set her to be minimum lvl 4 and she can level at 50% the player's level up to a cap of level 30 (which she will reach when the player is level 60).  Makes here a lil bit more survivable for one, plus she now has some spells to cast (if you let her out or enslave her).  I might eventually make her another one that becomes available as a follower if you free her.

I'm debating about what other unique NPCs to include, there are some I had no intention of including originally but now I'm rethinking it.  Part of it has been because I've been gradually getting rid of various other appearance mods I'd been using.  The most recent one to go was Pandorable's Serana which I'd used for a long time.  But one of the things that always bugged me was Serana (and her mother) aren't actually vampires in game, they're fake vampires.  The register as a live to a detect life spell, they aren't affected by turn undead spells, etc.  Plus I just find Serana annoying.  But if I gotta look at her I figured I'd try making her an actual vampire who was easy on the eyes at least.  So this is my version of Serana.

Spoiler

1823001062_enb2022_04_1009_53_44_81.jpg.f10d9e45aceff59d715317f30c57cd88.jpg2130691553_enb2022_04_1009_58_34_01.jpg.d7667a050732c12155814b1e3405016b.jpg

Outfit not included (BD UNP Dawnguard Armor, I'm using just the vampire armors).

So the question is, would anyone want my Serana included with PB or no?  Right now I'm not planning to (just Alva and Laelette), but if I get enough interest I can copy her over.  The main difference between mine and most others is, she's actually a vampire (no glowing eyes, they are wine colored though, she does have fangs).

My initial thought is that major NPCs might be outside of the scope of a bandit upgrade; or at least it might be surprising to someone looking for better looking minor NPCs who'd installed a bunch of replacers (seranaholic, bijin wives, etc). 

Unless it was configurable in an installer; that might be cool. 

1 hour ago, Yerkes said:

My initial thought is that major NPCs might be outside of the scope of a bandit upgrade; or at least it might be surprising to someone looking for better looking minor NPCs who'd installed a bunch of replacers (seranaholic, bijin wives, etc). 

That's one of the very reasons I hesitated to include her and decided to see what people using my mod might want.

For me, I've got another personal mod where I update all the various NPCs in the game other than what PB or my Whiterun update.  I had been using some by Bijin and Pandorable but figured if I just did my own I could drop about 8 mods out of my load order.  Add that to consolidating various gear mods and dropping some other mods I just don't really use and I'm down to under 150 mods now and by the time I'm done might get it down to somewhere between 120 to 130 mods.  Smallest my load order has been in a long time.

Will be interesting to see if there are other responses and what they think.

• 2 weeks later...

really like what is done so far.

the stuff you did with the "Waking Nightmare" quest is nice.  

really LOVE what you did with "Wolfskull Cave" quest.  the journal is really nice.

probably more i have yet to find as i found those 2 chasing a rabbit hole.  dang it there goes a squirrel.

Hey there! I have an issue, where I don't exactly have a black face bug, just that the face skin tint, does not match that of the body, and there is a visible neck line. Is there something I can do to rectify?

I'm using BHUNP with its built in demoniac skin.

2 hours ago, tutch said:

Hey there! I have an issue, where I don't exactly have a black face bug, just that the face skin tint, does not match that of the body, and there is a visible neck line. Is there something I can do to rectify?

Will depend on which NPC it is and whether its a unique actor or a random leveled actor.  A screen cap would help me see what the problem is.  By neck line, do you mean an open neck seam (gap in the mesh) or just an "edge" where the color changes noticeably.

If its a random leveled actor (bandit, warlock, etc.) and you know which base actor it is, you could re-export the facegen (and the tintmask) using CK and that should fix the problem.  For the new unique actors, there's no easy fix because their facegen was done in Racemenu and then exported and merged.

Screen caps really are worth a thousand words, just attach it inside a spoiler.

3 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Will depend on which NPC it is and whether its a unique actor or a random leveled actor.  A screen cap would help me see what the problem is.  By neck line, do you mean an open neck seam (gap in the mesh) or just an "edge" where the color changes noticeably.

If its a random leveled actor (bandit, warlock, etc.) and you know which base actor it is, you could re-export the facegen (and the tintmask) using CK and that should fix the problem.  For the new unique actors, there's no easy fix because their facegen was done in Racemenu and then exported and merged.

Screen caps really are worth a thousand words, just attach it inside a spoiler.

Thanks a lot for reminding me about facegen in the CK, I'd totally forgotten that I can do more than just TES5Edit lol

Indeed, it's the clear colour change from neck to body, that I saw on "Imperial Captain" and Vigilant of Stendarr" generic NPC's for now. I'll edit to add a screenie as soon as I get back into Skyrim, but I reckon your CK trick will work.

I just wonder why some appearance mods look just fine and others have this issue, it isn't just yours of course. I made sure all ESP records win in my tweaked smashed patch. This game baffles me sometimes. Maybe it's the "skin tone" values or something.