I very much doubt that since its got no scripting and there's nothing in it that could cause a crash.

You'll have to provide more info.  Are you running LE or SE?  If its SE, there's your problem, this mod hasn't been converted to SE yet.  Do you have KS Hair installed (the combined pack)?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 10:33 AM, Pfiffy said:

@EinarrTheRed Results vary according to the Skin used and/or the ENB. Impy (My favorite name for the Imperial Captain) looked a bit different, when I started with a slightly different load order. I will check how Anska and Fjola look like, to see if the warpaints work. 

Edit: I get a message on the screen about '3BA something' when I spawned them from the first SE Version. They where broken: The unconverted versions work error free.  I see it as a prove of concept: It's better to don't convert working things, instead of converting them to death.... 

So here we go: Resaved .esp, untouched Headmeshes: I spawned Valana, Fjola, Anska, Impy and Carcette. They look good here, 

Prettier Bandits SE v1.0 (loose).7z 370.52 MB · 41 downloads

Hey there, is this ok to download and use in a real playthrough in SE or not recommended?

16 hours ago, GregariousGibbon said:

Hey there, is this ok to download and use in a real playthrough in SE or not recommended?

You'd have to convert it, the facegen / hair is for LE.  Someone was doing a conversion to SE but they have not updated it and have not responded to emails from me.

If you do a conversion, make sure you include the patch.

I'm still working on the next update, been a little distracted with real life and a very annoying bug in my Whiterun mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 8:11 AM, kohlteth said:

This is probably a dumb question but if I ran the LE vers through Cathedral Asset Converter, would it work on SE as I'm still way back on PB 0.9.2 and dying to see the updates. 

Possibly, that's what I'm given to understand.  @Pfiffy would probably be able to better answer this than me, I'm still figuring out the conversion thing.

I'm hoping to have the next version out in a couple months.  I had intended to have it out sooner but I've been sick a couple times and also busy with work and its limited my time a lot.  The next version will add a lot, many more unique NPCs with custom faces, and a complete overhaul of the witches faction (which will also be a final test before I start doing the same to all the other factions) but won't have an official SE version.  However, the version after that I do plan to release an official SE version.

12 hours ago, Raisakas said:

Such a question. I came back to the world of Skyrim and am looking to try PB. The catch is that I'm playing Requiem and it's pretty robust with NPC faces. (must make a patch for some)
Has anyone tried what happens to the faces of the PB girls in the world of Requiem?

I have no idea, I've never used Requiem so I have no idea how it works.

On 8/21/2022 at 2:11 PM, kohlteth said:

This is probably a dumb question but if I ran the LE vers through Cathedral Asset Converter, would it work on SE as I'm still way back on PB 0.9.2 and dying to see the updates. 

Leave it as it is and It will work....At least it did for me. 

@EinarrTheRedIs it possible to get a version which is made like 'Moar Deadly Wenches'? Something like all-female-Bandits?

Sorta on the to-do list... kinda.

With the rebuild I've been looking at the leveled lists and at some point the female bandits are their own sub list within that encounter table structure.  So what I'm thinking is in the future the mod will have its own MCM page to allow configuring several things.  One of those things could be a slider that allows you to add more women (or fewer) to the list.  It would work like this.  Slide it over to the "more female bandits" side and each "notch" injects an extra set of those female bandits.  So one "notch" over and its 2 to 1 female to male bandits.  Two notches and its 3:1, three notches and its 4:1 and if its 9 notches it would be 10:1.  While that wouldn't be all female, at that point it'd be nearly all female.

But I could also have it go the other way, slide it the opposite way 1 notch and now its 2:1 male to female bandits.  So you could make those pretty slave targets rarer if you wanted a game where finding some hot bandits to enslave would be harder.  Any of it would just be using a MCM slider and a script that injects more of the female sublists or more of the male sublists.   Should work... I think.  I just gotta learn how to make an MCM page, do some scripting an all that.  LOL

I hadn't mentioned it but it was in my idea notes as something to look into.

Right now I'm working on finishing up the witches which has gotten to be kind of grindy but I'm plugging away at it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any reason why the face has a darker colour than the body? I dont have this problem with other npc's nor with my own characters, only the ones affected by this mod.  You mentioned using Bijin skin textures which i do as well yet i dont see this problem appear in your screenshots, so how could i fix this?

Edit: I now noticed sometimes the face has a lighter tint than the body, regardless they never match up.

Edit nr 2: After some more encounters i noticed the mismatched colours are actually caused by the npc's all having grey faces. I have never seen this before so help would be appreciated.

Edited by Wulfurkin
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 10:40 AM, Wulfurkin said:

Any reason why the face has a darker colour than the body? I dont have this problem with other npc's nor with my own characters, only the ones affected by this mod.  You mentioned using Bijin skin textures which i do as well yet i dont see this problem appear in your screenshots, so how could i fix this?

Edit: I now noticed sometimes the face has a lighter tint than the body, regardless they never match up.

Edit nr 2: After some more encounters i noticed the mismatched colours are actually caused by the npc's all having grey faces. I have never seen this before so help would be appreciated.

Something that may help is click on one in the console and see what mod last changed that NPC, that will narrow down what the cause may be. 

On 12/9/2022 at 3:21 AM, kohlteth said:

Something that may help is click on one in the console and see what mod last changed that NPC, that will narrow down what the cause may be. 

Thanks, i solved the problem some time ago. Turns out the texture files werent sitting in the proper map, really simple mistake but i didnt notice.

• 3 weeks later...

First off, been away and pretty busy with real life so I've not had time to work on any thing for Skyrim for quite awhile now and unfortunately I don't know when I'll get back at it.  I do want to, I just can't say when and I don't want to commit to anything when I'm unsure when I can get back to work on my Skyrim projects.

That said, everything is safely archive with multiple back ups and that includes my copious notes so picking up again in the future shouldn't be a problem once I get the free time again.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:22 AM, kohlteth said:

I am dying to ask, your Darklight Tower mod , what is this please as all your stuff I have tried (regrettably since moving to SE no more Lakeview dungeon but meh) >?

Fair question.

This was another mod project I had going behind the scenes.  It began as a simple overhaul of Illia the witch / follower and turned into a lot more.  I've always thought Illia was an interesting but kind of under developed follower in the game and so I started by overhauling her appearance, boosting her perks and spells and ultimately giving her a new leveled spell list (so she gets new spells as she levels up helping her grow in power along with the Dragonborn).  I was also working on new unique spells for her, some of which she could teach a spell casting Dragonborn (but not all, some would be things only she could cast).  Lot of tweaks to her combat AI to make her behave smarter.  You get the idea.

But I also thought Darklight Tower as a one off location was a bit of a waste and given my love of lore I started digging into its history which was sketchy and it took a lot of sifting through ESO and other Elder Scrolls content to sort things out.  I don't want to give away spoilers but its actually got a VERY interesting history.  From that I started fleshing it out, adding some new rooms and features to the tower (that part is mostly done) and my own lore based history of the tower from when and why it was originally constructed through its sordid history up to the point the Dragonborn marches up to it.  All the witches were being made unique named NPCs (which you could enslave with PAHE if you liked, except Sylvia, she must die) and then up gunning them as well as making them leveled with leveled abilities so it would be a challenge no matter what level you did the quest.

That was also tied in with Illia's own backstory which I fleshed out, I wanted to make her much more interesting.  Again, no spoilers but my concept was to make her much more than she seems... more than even she knows... and you the DB end up helping her find out her true past and legacy.  That would be intended to be a long quest line which would play out slowly as you do your own thing.  Just as the DB is hunted by dragons, you'd find Illia is also being hunted... by... ????????   Ooops... no spoilers.  Part of the quest would have you have to return to the tower only to find it populated by more witches as welll as.... ???????  and having to fight your way through it again.  There would be some new areas added to some other locations in Skyrim as well (part of her expanded quest content) and also more lore about the witches of Skyrim (some of it official gleaned from old sources or ESO and some of it things I filled in based on official lore).   My beta testers can attest to just how much lore research I did, they had to read pages of it.

I had wanted to include a system so you could romance her if you wanted or just be best friends.  There would have also been a corruption path that could be followed (or not) as well.  Meaning you could try different choices in different play thru's to get very different relationships with her as a follower so she remains interesting over multiple games.  So yes, there would have been adult content (we are on LL after all).

The mod was part way done before I had to stop work, I had been working pretty hard to try and get an alpha release ready but didn't make it.  Its now on hold like everything else until I can get free time to get back to modding Skyrim.

Same with my Whiterun mod, I was working on trying to get enough done for an alpha release when I got hit with first a FPS bug that I wasn't able to solve and then just not having time at all for anything.

Its been frustrating.

11 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

First off, been away and pretty busy with real life so I've not had time to work on any thing for Skyrim for quite awhile now and unfortunately I don't know when I'll get back at it.  I do want to, I just can't say when and I don't want to commit to anything when I'm unsure when I can get back to work on my Skyrim projects.

That said, everything is safely archive with multiple back ups and that includes my copious notes so picking up again in the future shouldn't be a problem once I get the free time again.

Fair question.

This was another mod project I had going behind the scenes.  It began as a simple overhaul of Illia the witch / follower and turned into a lot more.  I've always thought Illia was an interesting but kind of under developed follower in the game and so I started by overhauling her appearance, boosting her perks and spells and ultimately giving her a new leveled spell list (so she gets new spells as she levels up helping her grow in power along with the Dragonborn).  I was also working on new unique spells for her, some of which she could teach a spell casting Dragonborn (but not all, some would be things only she could cast).  Lot of tweaks to her combat AI to make her behave smarter.  You get the idea.

But I also thought Darklight Tower as a one off location was a bit of a waste and given my love of lore I started digging into its history which was sketchy and it took a lot of sifting through ESO and other Elder Scrolls content to sort things out.  I don't want to give away spoilers but its actually got a VERY interesting history.  From that I started fleshing it out, adding some new rooms and features to the tower (that part is mostly done) and my own lore based history of the tower from when and why it was originally constructed through its sordid history up to the point the Dragonborn marches up to it.  All the witches were being made unique named NPCs (which you could enslave with PAHE if you liked, except Sylvia, she must die) and then up gunning them as well as making them leveled with leveled abilities so it would be a challenge no matter what level you did the quest.

That was also tied in with Illia's own backstory which I fleshed out, I wanted to make her much more interesting.  Again, no spoilers but my concept was to make her much more than she seems... more than even she knows... and you the DB end up helping her find out her true past and legacy.  That would be intended to be a long quest line which would play out slowly as you do your own thing.  Just as the DB is hunted by dragons, you'd find Illia is also being hunted... by... ????????   Ooops... no spoilers.  Part of the quest would have you have to return to the tower only to find it populated by more witches as welll as.... ???????  and having to fight your way through it again.  There would be some new areas added to some other locations in Skyrim as well (part of her expanded quest content) and also more lore about the witches of Skyrim (some of it official gleaned from old sources or ESO and some of it things I filled in based on official lore).   My beta testers can attest to just how much lore research I did, they had to read pages of it.

I had wanted to include a system so you could romance her if you wanted or just be best friends.  There would have also been a corruption path that could be followed (or not) as well.  Meaning you could try different choices in different play thru's to get very different relationships with her as a follower so she remains interesting over multiple games.  So yes, there would have been adult content (we are on LL after all).

The mod was part way done before I had to stop work, I had been working pretty hard to try and get an alpha release ready but didn't make it.  Its now on hold like everything else until I can get free time to get back to modding Skyrim.

Same with my Whiterun mod, I was working on trying to get enough done for an alpha release when I got hit with first a FPS bug that I wasn't able to solve and then just not having time at all for anything.

Its been frustrating.

Take your time we will be here, I tend to notice the good things take longer than rushed ones and Happy New Year

29 minutes ago, Foulmouthjester said:

How is Prettier bandits interacting with Skyui ?

Getting a weird Framwork warning when i have Pb activated.

Have tried the ussual (load order, reinstalling, unpacked the bsa) getting the error with both versions Le 1,01 and the Se one from Pfiffy.

I wouldn't think it should have anything to do with Sky UI, what install method or mod manager are you using? Where are the two in relation to each other in your load order?

5 hours ago, Foulmouthjester said:

Nwm seems that there were another mod (wintermyst) that somehow caused it. Still only got it when i activated pb.

Odd, but Karl is correct, it doesn't interact with, use or depend on SkyUI at all.  Far as I can forsee it won't in the future either unless its needed for an eventual MCM page.

Good news and bad news....

I had a lil mishap with my game install... it all got deleted.  I'm not sure why, but I had some issues with CK and I tried uninstalling JUST CK and then reinstalling to fix it.  Except when I uninstalled for some reason Steam decided to delete my entire Skyrim installation and the entire game folder.  With it went a lot of WIP mod projects.  Sadly, with so much going on I hadn't made back ups for over 6 months, so my back up folder was very out of date.  That meant I lost ALL the work I'd done on Prettier Bandits which was quite a lot.

That's the bad news.

Since then, I cussed a lot, then took a breath and assessed the damage.  I also did some rethinking.  In the past I've done infrequent updates to Prettier Bandits, but they tended to be large updates.  Going forward my intention is to do more frequent but smaller updates.  Among other reasons being that means if something like this ever happens again less will be lost because I can just download my last release and pick up from there, worst case scenario.

So my plans are to focus, when I have time (and I have very little time for working on mods these days), on getting four NPCs (Salma from Ironbind, Fjola from Mistwatch, Anska from Highgate ruins and Eisa Blackthorn from Frostmere) set up so that if you do their quest content they will become available as followers / hirelings and then get that out as the 1.1 update.  Beyond that the next thing will be rebuilding some more unique NPCs I'd added in (and got deleted in the accident) for a 1.2.

This means for 1.1 you will get...

Salma will get a fixed EditorRef and ID (something she doesn't have now which can cause problems as noted on the UESP page about her), this means if you need to use console command to move her to you, you will have a known and fixed ID for that.  The ID will be posted in the mod readme and on the main webpage.  When you finish her quest in Ironbind Barrow, she will not despawn, instead she will go to the NightGate Inn where she will sandbox and you can meet her there and ask her to follow you.  The quest and its script will also be updated so that if she is enslaved with PAHE the blocking dialog from her quest is removed (and the quest will be shut down) allowing you to enslave her if you wish.

Eisa Blackthorne will, if you don't kill or enslave her outside Frostmere, will go to Morthal where she will hang out at the Inn and will become available as a hireling for 500 gold... she is a mercenary after all.

Anska from High Gate Ruin will, if you don't kill or enslave her, become available as a follower once you help her recover her family scroll.  I'm still working out where she will go hang out.  I could just leave her in the crypt but that doesn't really make sense to me since she no longer has a reason to remain there.  I could send her to Morthal, but same thing, that's not really her home.  I'm thinking she may go to Windhelm or Winterhold.  We know that Anska is from somewhere in Skyrim, but where was never detailed, so she could have originally been from any city or village.  We know that she believes the scroll in the tomb will prove her family is descended from Ysgramor, which is why I thought maybe she might be from Windhelm (since Ysgramor lived there), but I suppose she could also maybe be from Winterhold (she is also a spellsword and can teach you a new spell, so she's had some magical training apparently).  However, given the long history, she really could be from anywhere.  I'm open to suggestions.

Fjola will, if you don't kill or enslave her, no longer despawn at the end of her quest content at Mistwatch.  Instead she will hit the road and travel between several cities and inns (staying at each inn for a few days before moving on) meaning you could encounter her on the road or at one of several inns.  I thought that might be more interesting than yet another person just constantly hanging out at one inn.  But I'm open to discussion and suggestions about that.

I might be able to get a few other things in to the 1.1 update, but the above is going to be the main focus.

Long term my plans are to get the other unique NPCs added back in, then rebuild the work I'd done on witches and get that faction update done.  With that done I can move on to other factions and getting all the new leveled lists implemented.  Then I want to circle back to these unique NPCs and update them again since by that time I should be much more skilled at making custom faces in Racemenu (I'll have had a lot of practice by then) and I should be able to improve many of them.

So that's the new folks.  No ETA on 1.1... cause every time I give one... something bad happens and at this point I'm afraid I might trigger the apocalypse! ??  All I can say is I'm going to try to get new updates out more frequently, though each will be smaller in the amount of new content.  I'll get something out as soon as time allows.

Suggestions and discussion about where Anska and Fjola might be found after their quest content is completed are welcome and encouraged.

That's the news for now.

So some further news.

I've discovered that some of what I had been working on for PB still exists in another mod file.  Most if not all of the Dragonborn (DLC2) content still exists and I just need to add it back in.  That's a bit of good news.

Meanwhile, Blackbird has been working on the Ironbind Barrow Quest so that Salma will become available as a potential follower after the quest instead of disappearing.  I knew going into that that there were bugs that had to be fixed, some of which is noted on the UESP page.  One of which is Salma (and Beem-ja) have no fixed EditorRefID.  Well now they do and that will be included in a mod FAQ in the future.  But turns out there were a lot of bugs in the quest, which was just poorly made.  All of that is being fixed and Salma is getting some new dialog at the end of her quest (with generated synth voice acting, also done by Blackbird) indicating she can be found at the Nightgate Inn where you will be able to recruit her as a follower.

So for the 1.1 update its looking like you'll be getting some overhauled DLC2 unique NPCs and four NPCs (Salma, Anska, Eisa and Fjola) that can become followers (and one bugged quest finally and fully fixed).

That leaves re-adding the new unique Imperial and Stormcloak soldiers to Helgen, 3 unique mages to Fellglow Keep (encountered only during the Hitting the Books quest), fixing the ghost gals in Yngvild Barrow (again), and taking about 12 Charmed Vigiliants in Ruunvald and making them all unique named NPCs.  That will all be in future releases.   Then the big one, remaking the 100 base NPCs for the rebuild of the witch faction, rebuilding their new templates and leveled lists.

The other bit of good news is I've been tinkering in Racemenu a bit, and I'm getting pretty quick in it while turning out fair results.  That helps speed things up because making the new facegen is the most time consuming part of the mod.

So.... progress.  Going to take awhile but still intending to do smaller but more frequent updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress continues but... ran into another snag.

Anska, Eisa Blackthorne and Fjola will not become available as followers after their quest content.  Turns out that they all use the FemaleNord voice type and I'd overlooked the fact that Bethesda did not provide recorded voice lines for followers for that voice type.  Neither does any add on mod like RDO.   So, unless I change their voice types (and then use Vsynth to generate new dialog for their quest content), they won't work as followers and I prefer not to change their voice type (the femaleNord is one of my favorites, I love the accent).

Salma however is functioning fine as a follower, so she will be available after her quest is finished and that part is DONE.  Yay for finished stuff!

Current plans for Anska is to have her go to Winterhold where she will hang out as a NPC at the Inn there.  Her relationship rank with the player will be set to 1 so she'll be friendly.  You can still use other mods to force her as a follower (EFF, AFT, RDO) but be aware she won't have proper voice acting.  I should also be able to make her marriageable if that matters to anyone.

The future of Eisa and Fjola is being discussed.

--------------

In other news, I'm thinking of changing the name of the mod to Prettier Encounters since its grown way beyond its origins.   Its not just bandits anymore, I'm doing Vigilants of Stendar, Stormcloaks, Imperial Legion soldiers, the farmer and his wife... this has grown way beyond its roots to cover all sorts of encounters.  That would mean a name change of the esp file and that could affect your current save game.  Would like to hear some feedback on that please?  What do you think?

-------------

Soon as I can get these issues ironed out I'll be releasing v1.1.

For v1.2 my plan is to remove the Apachii hair dependency entirely, and that will be the main focus of that update.  That will mean the only hair mod depency from that point forward with be KS Hair.

On 9/9/2022 at 1:53 PM, Pfiffy said:

Is it possible to get a version which is made like 'Moar Deadly Wenches'? Something like all-female-Bandits?

Couple of answers to this question.

Somewhere out beyond v1.4 (I'm getting pretty organized in my planning) I want to add in more wandering road encounters.  Basically, think of the old Populated Lands & Roads mod and the kind of stuff it added, I want to add in my own version of that kind of content.  Wandering priests of various faiths, possibly wandering daedric cultists (what would a group of wandering Sanguine devotee's look like ?), wandering merchants, etc.  That may well include some wandering wenches... they won't be Buxom Wenches nor Deadly Wenches... just regular wenches (why add them... why not?).  Doing so would mean some of us could reduce our load order by a 1 or more mods.  I'll post more about this after the v1.2 or v1.3 releases and what my actual plans are and will be open to feedback and suggestions.

The other thing I would like to do is at some point include an MCM page and as part of that have sliders so you could adjust the male to female ratio of various encounters by simply sliding it left or right.  Meaning if you wanted, let's say... Warlocks to be mostly male but Necromancers to be mostly female... you could do that and have maybe a 5:1 or 10:1 ratio of one gender to the other.  It wouldn't be all of one gender, but you could make it pretty heavily weighted that way.  What would actually be happening is as you slide that slider its changing the leveled lists so their are duplicate entries of either the male sublists or the female sublists, adding more of one or the other (at least that's the theory, I'm still learning how to do it and what is possible so I can't make firm promises yet).   That also means you could change it mid game, keep playing with it, until you get what you want.  I could break this down by faction... want almost all hunters to be female... move the slider... change your mind... move the slider back, then wait for stuff to respawn / reset.  At least that's the idea and what I'd like to do, I'm still exploring what is actually possible.

4 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Couple of answers to this question.

Somewhere out beyond v1.4 (I'm getting pretty organized in my planning) I want to add in more wandering road encounters.  Basically, think of the old Populated Lands & Roads mod and the kind of stuff it added, I want to add in my own version of that kind of content.  Wandering priests of various faiths, possibly wandering daedric cultists (what would a group of wandering Sanguine devotee's look like ?), wandering merchants, etc.  That may well include some wandering wenches... they won't be Buxom Wenches nor Deadly Wenches... just regular wenches (why add them... why not?).  Doing so would mean some of us could reduce our load order by a 1 or more mods.  I'll post more about this after the v1.2 or v1.3 releases and what my actual plans are and will be open to feedback and suggestions.

The other thing I would like to do is at some point include an MCM page and as part of that have sliders so you could adjust the male to female ratio of various encounters by simply sliding it left or right.  Meaning if you wanted, let's say... Warlocks to be mostly male but Necromancers to be mostly female... you could do that and have maybe a 5:1 or 10:1 ratio of one gender to the other.  It wouldn't be all of one gender, but you could make it pretty heavily weighted that way.  What would actually be happening is as you slide that slider its changing the leveled lists so their are duplicate entries of either the male sublists or the female sublists, adding more of one or the other (at least that's the theory, I'm still learning how to do it and what is possible so I can't make firm promises yet).   That also means you could change it mid game, keep playing with it, until you get what you want.  I could break this down by faction... want almost all hunters to be female... move the slider... change your mind... move the slider back, then wait for stuff to respawn / reset.  At least that's the idea and what I'd like to do, I'm still exploring what is actually possible.

I wasn't looking for wenches, but this would be nice... What I was thinking about is what you plan with the MCM. I usually kill the male enemies and enslave the females and i prefer the last.... And no matter what you do, there should be more bosmer, more orcs and female daedra... 

4 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

I wasn't looking for wenches, but this would be nice... What I was thinking about is what you plan with the MCM. I usually kill the male enemies and enslave the females and i prefer the last.... And no matter what you do, there should be more bosmer, more orcs and female daedra... 

Yup, except I have yet to figure out how to make a lore friendly attractive female orc. ?  I am working on female daedra or was, that's something else I have to rebuild.  It'll involve having to use Vsynth to generate some voice acting and I've got a lot to learn there. 

But yes, there will be more Bosmer, Altmer, Dunmer, Bretons, Imperials, Redguards and Nords.  I'm also looking at adding female soldiers to the Imperial Legions, and including more races... so it'll be 50-60% Imperial, with the balance being made up of Bretons, Nords, Orcs and Dunmer; Nords being the 2nd largest group.  Same with the Stormcloaks, maybe 80% Nords with some Bretons and Redguards in the mix, maybe a few orcs.   That would be reflected in the farmers going to join the Legion or Stormcloaks, always thought it was weird the guy going to the Legion was always a Dunmer and the guy joining the Stormcloaks was always a Redguard.  Maybe add pilgrims going to Meridia's statue once you clear that temple.  Other pilgrims off to other places.  Things like that.

Part of my hope is to have enough stuff that some of the old (and far as I can tell no longer supported) mods like Populated Lands and Roads wouldn't be needed anymore.  You'd get similar content, maybe more of it with some new stuff and all of it better looking.  That's the general long range plan.