Concept Synth/android type race for FO4

Trykz

When you get out of the vault you have a nice scene and we have a slm menu, could be there? Them just add a voice speaking "simulation ended" "all system go" or something that should exist in the game, when existing the vault, so the vault level would be just a "post" to check if the systems are ready to go.

That's the thing.....

firing the player.setrace function automatically at the appropriate moment doesn't require the slm menu at all. You actually start the game completely human. Because I didn't touch the head or any of it's parts, nothing changes. Not even your weight. ALL customizations remain intact. Of course your body shape changes though, as you transition from the vanilla human race to the new race. That's really a non-issue though, because I've already set the body up in BodySlide so that when you build it, it goes directly into the folder I set up for the race's meshes  ;)

I set the race up, modified the SAIV Shade armor to include the new body (so it wouldn't just get covered by the human body), loaded up a new game and created a new human female character and fully customized it. I then proceeded to play through the intro quest as normal, all the way up to the point of falling out of the cryo pod. Immediately after my character stood up, I manually fired the setrace function using the console and checked my character for the changes. Nothing but the body changed......

So I know this can easily work without issue. I just need to insert the function in that fragment somewhere. Preferably, just as the cryo pod is opening, and right before you fall on the floor. Having it occur right at that moment, leaves things wide open for interpretation. Like you were likely killed sometime after your spouse, and your memories programmed into this new "body". In any event, you eventually realize that you are definitely no longer "human"  :dodgy:

Trykz

Mh. Also if the glowing is a really good achievement, I don't think many players will like to have it by default on their bodyes.

Congrats for what you did, in any case.

Nice!

Regarding the color. I dont know if its possible but that idea just came to my mind: How about you can choose the color and/or if there is color in the pip-boy? Would make it easy and you are able to switch.

Mh. Also if the glowing is a really good achievement, I don't think many players will like to have it by default on their bodyes.

Congrats for what you did, in any case.

As of right now, there are two versions of the body in BodySlide. With and without the glow effect. By the time I'm done, I'd like to provide at least 6 variants to the user. 5 with the glow, and one without. Overall appeal is always one of my highest priorities, and I always consider the fact that the things I may like, may not be for everyone  ;)

Nice!

Regarding the color. I dont know if its possible but that idea just came to my mind: How about you can choose the color and/or if there is color in the pip-boy? Would make it easy and you are able to switch.

It's something I can look into, but no promises. I've already got far more time into this than I initially planned/expected, and I still have quite a bit to do  :)

Trykz

Set up a few more variations:

Chrome body trim

20160503131002_1_by_trykz-da1a0yc.jpg

Glowing purple armor trim

20160503131138_1_by_trykz-da1a0wm.jpg

Every color/glow effect will be available for both the body and the armor.

The shots above are just a few..... there will ultimately be 11 colors.

3 non-glow:

rust, gunmetal, and chrome

8 glow colors:

blue

green

orange

pink

purple

red

white

yellow

giving it more combination possibilities than I care to count  :P

Both the body and armor can be shape to your preference in BodySlide.

The armor includes a number of zaps for those who like things "extra" skimpy  ;)

Once the BodySlide stuff is done, there's only the auto race swap issue remaining 

to be resolved.....

Trykz

Hey Trykz!

You can break the body in pieces, and make options for this pieces, for example.

very thin legs + a very thin torso as the base body, and them each part could be a extra nif that plugs to the body like armor, just have to find slots that almost no one uses to make this, and together with this you can still use armor :)

Hmm..... interesting. I play around a bit and see what I can come up with for my next race mod. Although I think animations might become an issue (like if a leg is missing, you'd fall over LOL). Though I might be able to do something with a sort of "floating head" race, that accepts a torso and other parts.

For now, I'm pretty far into this one at this point, and don't really like the thought of starting all over again LOL

Don't worry..... I plan to build a fair number of races for this game, assuming I can get this one working as I intend.

Trykz

or the player body could be a metal skeleton/base, with soft plating "armor" equipped right at the start, to be swapped out for upgrades as you find them.

Looking great, I wonder if this could become a gen 2.5 synth, basically a better more realistic exterior to the terminator skelleton, but not as convincing as a gen 3 synth. Or in other words, swap the Gen 2 parts with female parts and better textures. 

I thought this was already mentioned before, but rather than reinventing it you maybe able to use the awesome daughters of ares assets as a start (obviously would still take a lot of work)

I guess the nexus account got closed but here it is.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/58246-daughter-of-ares-gone/

Love the idea,

I actually have that mod. And yes..... making it work in FO4 (at least as it does in NV) would be a tremendous task. A task I certainly don't want to undertake at this time. I'm not enthused enough by the game to want to invest that much effort into anything big. I'm hoping Far Harbor and the final CK version will turn that around. Because if it doesn't, I probably won't do much (if any) further FO4 modding at all. If it does, then perhaps I'll revisit this later for another mod (assuming permissions can be acquired). But we'll see......

FO4 is surrounded by a lot of controversy in the modding community. The spectre of backdoor paywalls for mods on Steam, far fewer modders working on animation tools and methods to facilitate adult mods, and Bethesda's sudden "change of direction" with the Fallout franchise has the modding community essentially in very low gear when it comes to major projects. Myself included. What should be a simple race addition to this game with a simple setrace function placed in a quest fragment, has become an arduous task of trying to unravel the papyrus tool to learn how. Something I NEVER had to do for Skyrim.

It took 5 years for me to grow weary of modding Skyrim (and even then, it's only temporary. I'll get back into it eventually). But Bethesda has successfully managed to bore me to tears with FO4 after less than 5 months. No one wants or needs dozens of player house mods. And once they find that "favorite" armor/clothing mod, why bother with anything else?

I truly hope I'm proven wrong, but any meaningful modding potential of this game is looking quite bleak as of right now.

Trykz

Trykz, dude, i love me some Trykz races.

But dude... why why why are you taking the screenshots at night, inside, with a single candle across the room? can't see any of the details. 

What's wrong with during the day? 10am, facing the sun?

I love, love, love the concept but this version is not as feminine as I'd like(especially right under the chest and above the abdomen). I love that the segments move into the body but they are far too angled in the wrong places. It should be more organic and curvy. I love Fortaleza everything but have never used the synth body because of this. My ideal besides A.R.E.S. is Female Robot Textures -CBBE-. I love the fact that the Fortaleza version uses more than just a texture for the body but the robot body normal maps give it the same sort of depth( if not actual depth).

One thing I do love about the concept of your mod using this body style is that someone is developing an armor mod using the female robot textures so your body can be like the base endoskeleton and this cybernetics armor mod can work like the exoskeleton for it. My only concern is that that mod author is not sure how to implement it beyond cbbe curvy atm so their may not be a bodyslide.

I still love your concept and pooooleeeesseee dont stop! I just wanted to say my personal aesthetic preference... just mine. would be using the Female robot textures with the mesh depth of the Fortaleza synth body plus the armor like limb upgrades/armor from the cybernetics mod would make a lovingly complete package for a cyberpunk/synth/robot build. Understanding this might mean collaboration and mesh editing and that you have already committed more time to this than you thought you would.

i hope this registered more as inspiration, venting, ideas, and as coherent  rather than a bashing or something. I'm a tad inebriated in my defense lol.

love,

Serialmonkey

P.S. I LOVED your Skyrim race mods.

P.S.P.S Re:

I thought this was already mentioned before, but rather than reinventing it you maybe able to use the awesome daughters of ares assets as a start (obviously would still take a lot of work)

I guess the nexus account got closed but here it is.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/58246-daughter-of-ares-gone/

Love the idea,

I actually have that mod. And yes..... making it work in FO4 (at least as it does in NV) would be a tremendous task. A task I certainly don't want to undertake at this time. I'm not enthused enough by the game to want to invest that much effort into anything big. I'm hoping Far Harbor and the final CK version will turn that around. Because if it doesn't, I probably won't do much (if any) further FO4 modding at all. If it does, then perhaps I'll revisit this later for another mod (assuming permissions can be acquired). But we'll see......

FO4 is surrounded by a lot of controversy in the modding community. The spectre of backdoor paywalls for mods on Steam, far fewer modders working on animation tools and methods to facilitate adult mods, and Bethesda's sudden "change of direction" with the Fallout franchise has the modding community essentially in very low gear when it comes to major projects. Myself included. What should be a simple race addition to this game with a simple setrace function placed in a quest fragment, has become an arduous task of trying to unravel the papyrus tool to learn how. Something I NEVER had to do for Skyrim.

It took 5 years for me to grow weary of modding Skyrim (and even then, it's only temporary. I'll get back into it eventually). But Bethesda has successfully managed to bore me to tears with FO4 after less than 5 months. No one wants or needs dozens of player house mods. And once they find that "favorite" armor/clothing mod, why bother with anything else?

I truly hope I'm proven wrong, but any meaningful modding potential of this game is looking quite bleak as of right now.

Trykz

Daughters of A.R.E.S is getting made for FO4.

Images from author:

http://www.nexusmods.com/games/users/2882342/?tb=images&pUp=1

Nexus Forum Thread:

ARES Androids Development Thread

Trykz, dude, i love me some Trykz races.

But dude... why why why are you taking the screenshots at night, inside, with a single candle across the room? can't see any of the details. 

What's wrong with during the day? 10am, facing the sun?

LOL..... sorry man. Didn't think much about it at the time. I took them at night to show off the glow effect. I'll drop in some daylight shots later today  ;)

i hope this registered more as inspiration, venting, ideas, and as coherent  rather than a bashing or something. I'm a tad inebriated in my defense lol.

No worries..... this is a testbed mod so I can learn the new CK, and try to develop some new methods for adding multiple playable races to the game. I basically just grabbed some stuff I thought could work well together, dropped it into the CK, and fit it together. I'm really not as focused on the physical aspects of it right now. It's more about the mechanics and getting it introduced organically into the game without using console hacks, activators, or some other cheesy method. Artificial for the race is great. It's meant to feel that way. But artificial in how it blends into the game world is something I strive to avoid.

And thanks for the feedback..... but rest assured that things have quite a ways to go before this sees public release  :)

Trykz

Yes, I take constructive feedback seriously  ;)

So looking into Serialmonkey's texture lead, I figured I'd try some texture swapping. Here are the results:

20160507085803_1_by_trykz-da1q08j.jpg

20160507085933_1_by_trykz-da1q0ae.jpg

20160507090019_1_by_trykz-da1q0c6.jpg

20160507090152_1_by_trykz-da1q0dw.jpg

I especially like how they add depth and definition to the body, and accentuate the chrome trim

without detracting from it. Here's your daylight shots Monsto  :P

Trykz

More shots in brighter conditions.....

20160507094415_1_by_trykz-da1q47n.jpg

20160507093731_1_by_trykz-da1q4hq.jpg

20160507094159_1_by_trykz-da1q4an.jpg

20160507093653_1_by_trykz-da1q4iz.jpg

20160507094114_1_by_trykz-da1q4g5.jpg

Really liking the way these textures look. Gonna have a look at the white ones a bit later, and send the

author who created them a PM about permissions for use  :)

Trykz

the lack of segmentation on the toes looks kinda odd, but aside from that, this looks pretty sweet

I did notice that as well. Like something was a little off. But then I figured, it's not actually supposed to be a perfect human replica, but more a "mechanical/synthetic" replica.

On another note, I'm still trying to sort the race swap function occurring at the point when you fall out of the freezer. But of course, the CK crashes every time I try pretty much anything to do with compiling scripts.

Trykz

Asset permissions fully acquired...... now for the continuing battle with the freakin' CK to automate the race swap at just the right moment  ;)

Trykz

Woo hoo! Hope you can get it to work. If you are having issues with compiling scripts in the CK this might work Caprica Papyrus Compiler. I've been having issues getting things done with just the CK some of the extra tools are just a lot easier and more convenient to use for certain tasks. Haven't used this one myself I'm still learning how to script at all.

Cheers,

-Serialmonkey

Ooh also since you are trying to make the race change right as the player is exiting the cryotube one way to keep it "lore friendly" is it add or modfiy an entry in the overseer's terminal. Something along the lines of:

"Dear Overseer,
This vault is an experiment in the longevity that can be maintained using cryogenic storage of biological entities. The USSA has given Vault-Tec access to their cryogenic research and we hope that this will make future vaults more efficent and cost effective. Modern multi-layer insulation (MLI) allows to sharply reduce the heat leak into cryogenic propellant storage tanks through  the tank surface and, as a consequence, significantly extends the storage duration. In this situation the MLI penetrations, such as support struts, feed lines, etc., become one of the most signifcant challenges of the tank's heat management. This problem is especially acute for liquid hydrogen (LH2) storage, since currently no effcient cryocoolers exist that operate at very low LH2 temperatures(~20K). Even small heat leaks under normal conditions and over the period of many months or year give rise to a complex slowly-developing, large-scale spatiotemporal physical phenomena in a multi-phase liquid-vapor mixture. These phenomena are not well-understood nor can be easily controlled. To mitigate the damage to the subject we have introduced nano machines into the cryogenic compound that will replace biological material with non-biological material as the subject degenerates over time. We assume the replacement will be nominal and it is imperative that the subjects not be unthawed at all until you receive Vault-Tec's message that the outside is once again inhabitable otherwise the subject may becomA000FE36 H<EX[](0XA000fE36 HEX)ORE000fE3EHEX (0XE000FE36>9323FE659...<FATAL EXCEPTION>"

This could explain why the cryochamber has changed the player character in such a way. Interrupting the cryo process by kellog and the institute caused the nano machines to kick into overdrive to keep the subject alive replacing their entire cellular structure with inorganic parts with the exception of their brain(and for those other mods, their reproductive system).

Part of that is taken from a NASA doc (with USSA and NASA basically being the same thing why not) and the rest is just to make it fit. Also this way rather than being an institute synth you are something else completely keeping in with the storyline.

You also mentioned everyone not necessarily wanting to start off as a synth if you or someone else makes a race change kind of framework you can have a dialogue box pop up right before exiting the cryopod having you select "Android" or "Human" or barring limitations other races you or someone else has created that makes you fall out as one of those instead. like if you were making a supermutant or ghoul race having it inject FEV or Radiation to try and keep you alive.

Actually before exiting the cryo pod but right after the kellog scene might be the perfect time for this since before you exit the first thing you see is your hands banging on the door as it opens and you fall to the floor. So storyytelling wise the first thing you see is that your hands 'aren't your hands" as you exit.

Hope this helps.

-Serialmonkey

PS:

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20120011680.pdf is the nasa doc i pulled from.

Just in case you wanted to learn it is actually about storing Cryogenic propellant in microgravity but i think that intro section works for this.

Okay, here's the issue I'm having at the moment.....

this is the quest fragment I'm trying to edit and compile (MQ102 stage 2):

;we block the cryopod activation in the PlayerAlias script

;disable the acoustic space
pVault111CryopodAcousticSpace.Disable()

;enable sound categories
CSMQ101Cryopod.Remove()

;disable visual effects
CameraAttachGroggyWake01FX.Stop(Game.GetPlayer())

;make sure the player can't activate the spouse body until after getting up
Alias_MQSpouseMale.GetActorRef().BlockActivation(true, true)
Alias_MQSpouseFemale.GetActorRef().BlockActivation(true, true)

;register for when the animation finishes, then enable controls, spouse activation, etc
kmyquest.RegisterForAnimationEvent(Game.GetPlayer(), "CameraOverrideStop")

And here is what I'm trying to achieve:

;we block the cryopod activation in the PlayerAlias script

;disable the acoustic space
pVault111CryopodAcousticSpace.Disable()

;enable sound categories
CSMQ101Cryopod.Remove()

;disable visual effects
CameraAttachGroggyWake01FX.Stop(Game.GetPlayer())
Game.GetPlayer().setrace(mySynthRace)                                                                           <----- here

;make sure the player can't activate the spouse body until after getting up
Alias_MQSpouseMale.GetActorRef().BlockActivation(true, true)
Alias_MQSpouseFemale.GetActorRef().BlockActivation(true, true)

;register for when the animation finishes, then enable controls, spouse activation, etc
kmyquest.RegisterForAnimationEvent(Game.GetPlayer(), "CameraOverrideStop")

Compilation fails with every attempt. What am I missing?

TIA,

Trykz

Archived