Concept Synth/android type race for FO4

Trykz

Nice work man!

But if you allow me to be selfish asshole?

Just a little feedback/request below. If you don't want to deal with it just ignore the spoiler.

Otherwise great job!

So I kind of find your mod kind of scary/creepy which if that was something you were going for then good job! you succeeded! 

If you would like to ever make a second version could you make something like this?

The body has elegant curves and gaps between each piece as per design while yours looks like half finished cyborg (still pretty cool but different style).

Perhaps when we get race menu the gaps you could have tattoo overlays that would glow. Perhaps you could use armor piece slots to recreate the synth in the picture I linked that way you could customize her further and then you could add synth weapons like power fists and boots which allows her to jump higher or hit enemies harder.

Anyway that's just me selfishly talking.

Get me the converted meshes and textures, and I'll make it work. Daughter of Ares, correct?

Doubt that would be possible though. As I understand things, the original DOA author is currently converting it for FO4. Was my favorite F:NV custom race  ;)

However, if for some reason he doesn't follow through, and is willing to lend permissions for conversion and use, I'll see what I can do  :)

Trykz

Completed version of DOA for F4 will most likely be released on said mod authors tumblr before or if it gets put on Nexus.  There are wip updates on how they are doing with it.  

Completed version of DOA for F4 will most likely be released on said mod authors tumblr before or if it gets put on Nexus.  There are wip updates on how they are doing with it.  

Which is exactly why I mentioned it being worked on in the post you quoted.....

And if for some unforeseen reason he couldn't/wouldn't finish it, and doesn't mind another modder taking it up, I would certainly look into it. But it seems he's got things well under control himself, and I wish him all the best for it's completion. It will be interesting to see how he ultimately resolves the issue of getting it into the game though. I spent in excess of an entire week trying to sort that issue alone, and ultimately settled on the method I used.

The whole "predetermined role" thing really pigeonholes race modders into finding some method of adding races into the game in a manner that makes sense. So much so that I can't really imagine multiple playable custom races co-existing in the game.

Trykz

The whole "predetermined role" thing really pigeonholes race modders into finding some method of adding races into the game in a manner that makes sense. So much so that I can't really imagine multiple playable custom races co-existing in the game.

Yeah with the predetermined role think we are kind of pigeonholed into ways to change the character post creation. Rather than starting off as most things. You made the iHuman make sense and it works for the story, but rather than starting off the game as a supermutant you would need a quest where you mutated into one by taking FEV or getting corrupted in some way. Better for quest modders than race modders. I would love to have a quest though where you say were at the center of a large explosion and woke up to find your legs and arms were removed and replaced by bionic parts. Or got clawed by a radioactive deathclaw and after sleeping grew horns and a tail. Maybe for this game Mutation Mods are the new Race Mod.

Yeah with the predetermined role think we are kind of pigeonholed into ways to change the character post creation. Rather than starting off as most things. You made the iHuman make sense and it works for the story, but rather than starting off the game as a supermutant you would need a quest where you mutated into one by taking FEV or getting corrupted in some way. Better for quest modders than race modders. I would love to have a quest though where you say were at the center of a large explosion and woke up to find your legs and arms were removed and replaced by bionic parts. Or got clawed by a radioactive deathclaw and after sleeping grew horns and a tail. Maybe for this game Mutation Mods are the new Race Mod.

Definitely worth exploring. And using that method (or something very similar) could basically make any custom race make sense. It certainly brings a plethora of ideas to mind  ;)

Trykz

I had no idea about the Daughters of Ares thing.

Do you guys have a link?

Also regarding the race idea. If the only thing you want is to change how the body looks then that's certainly possible though probably a bitch to get done.

Just quickly summarizing it would be, again using the DoA design, as an example. Lets say you too each section that has those gaps and whatever and made recreated that which will fall over the player character model like an armor. You can change the skin of the player with Racemenu like mods so the player looks like a robot underneath with circuits and whatnot while the "armor" which is like a second skin falls over it like as if its a naked body.

If you make these into armor pieces then the player can wear armor over them as well. The only hard part is making sure this "armor" fits like a glove which i guess is possible if you tailor it to the cbbe body slide.

Hello Again, 

So I installed this and got it working successfully on my character.  It's beautiful - thank you! :)

This is an FYI, and perhaps it is unique to my game (though it should not be), but I tried to create a custom follower using this race.

However, whenever I try to set the race of said follower to iHuman, the CK crashes.

I'm new to all of this, so I could be doing something wrong, but I don't believe a duplicate of an existing follower in the CK should crash it when nothing else has been changed except their race (I verified this, also, by trying to change it to a different race, which did not crash the CK).

This is not a complaint.  I know you are still in Alpha.  My understanding of your earlier posts was that part of your intent in doing this was to allow for custom followers, and this is certainly relevant to that, so I thought you should know. 

Thank you again. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a link for that tumblr? I tried looking it up myself but no joy.

I don't have anything on ARES on tumblr so I'd like to know who's posting it.

So downloade installed started new game, and evry thing went perfect no probs what so ever.

Then since its such a perfect design, I closed the game and went in outfit studio too do some mesh correction. saved it. went back in game,

and now is front part off the face darker than the rest tried several things closing most off the face .esp down but i can't get colour back on the face.

Will try and start a new game and see if thers a differnece.

Ah well seems theres a hug up between this mod and oni/valkyr face texture.

Face (oni face texture) on left is without iHuman and other is with it

post-1075993-0-33472000-1464392903_thumb.jpg

post-1075993-0-46019200-1464393011_thumb.jpg

So downloade installed started new game, and evry thing went perfect no probs what so ever.

Then since its such a perfect design, I closed the game and went in outfit studio too do some mesh correction. saved it. went back in game,

and now is front part off the face darker than the rest tried several things closing most off the face .esp down but i can't get colour back on the face.

Same thing happened to me, and as I recall there was someone who mentioned in the iHuman download thread they looked into the files and didn't see any animation bones. In my case, even uninstalling that mod didn't cure it. I'm still on the hunt for the cure here, but so far I think it all comes down the skeletons and bones and animation, somehow, in relation to Outfit Studio. Something might be off about these files, something might be off about CBBE, or something might be off about the engine being told to use an entirely new record and texture type.

There is also an incompatibility in iHuman with Some Assembly Required (Both edit the same Quest). Be on the lookout for stuff like that, here with this mod too.

I think it's quite telling that both of these mods are having this issue, and not just them, and the common thread seems to have something to do with bones and sliders in every case. Mod Organizer and NMM are pretty much powerless to help you with this, too, since Outfit Studio adds its own files on top, and as is the case with NMM it will leave them there since it didn't put them there in the first place.

Also, Grine, don't try to make this Daughters of Ares. That's a cool mod, sure, but this one is thus far more FO4 style, looking very much like a Gen 2.5 Synth without really trying, whereas DOA is pure cyberpunk and doesn't really jibe as well with the Synth stuff in FO4.

You can't use oni face textures with this mod and expect things to match. There are no shared textures between this race and any other. The face textures this race uses match the body textures, as your second screenshot clearly displays.

Same thing happened to me, and as I recall there was someone who mentioned in the iHuman download thread they looked into the files and didn't see any animation bones. In my case, even uninstalling that mod didn't cure it. I'm still on the hunt for the cure here, but so far I think it all comes down the skeletons and bones and animation, somehow, in relation to Outfit Studio. Something might be off about these files, something might be off about CBBE, or something might be off about the engine being told to use an entirely new record and texture type.

There is also an incompatibility in iHuman with Some Assembly Required (Both edit the same Quest). Be on the lookout for stuff like that, here with this mod too.

I think it's quite telling that both of these mods are having this issue, and not just them, and the common thread seems to have something to do with bones and sliders in every case. Mod Organizer and NMM are pretty much powerless to help you with this, too, since Outfit Studio adds its own files on top, and as is the case with NMM it will leave them there since it didn't put them there in the first place.

Also, Grine, don't try to make this Daughters of Ares. That's a cool mod, sure, but this one is thus far more FO4 style, looking very much like a Gen 2.5 Synth without really trying, whereas DOA is pure cyberpunk and doesn't really jibe as well with the Synth stuff in FO4.

The issue that user mentioned is completely unrelated. Not sure why animation bones didn't show up in the CK for them, but they ARE ther on the original .esp and the .esm. Also, DOA is currently being developed by dizzasterjuice himself.

That aside, I spent all day working on this and finally got everything sorted and working as it's supposed to. It's completely rebuilt from the bottom up. I have a bit more to tweak and finish, but I should be able to re-upload the mod by tomorrow afternoon.

Trykz

Ty for so fast reply, for now I sadly wont use your mod cos 30+ hours trying too do the perfect face I just don't toss away.

Maybe later i do a run but for now my fem face has the prior.

Last remark cudo for a really nice mod, really like the ingame look. Felt close too play like a synth.

Thumbs up.

The issue that user mentioned is completely unrelated. Not sure why animation bones didn't show up in the CK for them, but they ARE ther on the original .esp and the .esm. Also, DOA is currently being developed by dizzasterjuice himself.

That aside, I spent all day working on this and finally got everything sorted and working as it's supposed to. It's completely rebuilt from the bottom up. I have a bit more to tweak and finish, but I should be able to re-upload the mod by tomorrow afternoon.

Trykz

I dunno, I have some other information regarding what I think they saw in the download thread. Something was wrong with the bones, but they weren't missing... they were shuffled, and somehow didn't match up with the Body Slide stuff.

Anyhow, I'm eagerly awaiting a new version and another shot at this mod. It's too good an idea to give up on.

Oh, and for feedback and bug testing purposes, I suggest anyone having a problem should post their load order. Not everything, listing their CBBE stuff. If you follow the rambling research post in the download thread, I'm pretty sure what happened to me is that something else related to CBBE has added or modified some sliders, and somehow that causes this face slider jam. Anyhow, that's my working theory as of now, and I'm currently error free without the mod again.

I'm using CBBE Innies and Additional Body Textures, and intend on removing CBBE Innies once the new version of this mod is out. I'm also going to actively try to reproduce the exact issue in the new version, and let you know if I can. After all, anyone can avoid a bug, but if you know how a bug happens and actually are unable to cause it when trying, you'll know it's fixed.

I dunno, I have some other information regarding what I think they saw in the download thread. Something was wrong with the bones, but they weren't missing... they were shuffled, and somehow didn't match up with the Body Slide stuff.

Anyhow, I'm eagerly awaiting a new version and another shot at this mod. It's too good an idea to give up on.

Oh, and for feedback and bug testing purposes, I suggest anyone having a problem should post their load order. Not everything, listing their CBBE stuff. If you follow the rambling research post in the download thread, I'm pretty sure what happened to me is that something else related to CBBE has added or modified some sliders, and somehow that causes this face slider jam. Anyhow, that's my working theory as of now, and I'm currently error free without the mod again.

I'm using CBBE Innies and Additional Body Textures, and intend on removing CBBE Innies once the new version of this mod is out. I'm also going to actively try to reproduce the exact issue in the new version, and let you know if I can. After all, anyone can avoid a bug, but if you know how a bug happens and actually are unable to cause it when trying, you'll know it's fixed.

Fair enough.

On an additional note, I'll be listing Unique Player as a confirmed conflict with my mod. And ANY mod that needs the Player preset (form ID 00000007) left alone. Which is pretty much anything related to the character structure.

Finally, I'm still looking into a better implementation method for not just my race, but ANY race. I'm not really comfortable with editing vanilla quests to add a race. Because then that race MUST be removed before another can be installed, or all kinds of potential problems begin to arise. But for now, this method works......

Trykz

Yeah, I actually removed several mods which made edits to the Player object recently. I had been trying to merge them, but now I'm just tossing them. Whatever needs to be done, one should avoid changing that record (as you said you did, so great). Even so, I'm going to put them on my Naughty Mods list, and not the fun one.

Just so there can be NO question later:

post-26143-0-88437200-1464478863_thumb.pngpost-26143-0-49656800-1464478865_thumb.png

post-26143-0-29604000-1464478867_thumb.pngpost-26143-0-89975000-1464478868_thumb.png

easily noted that ALL bone data lines up perfectly across both races. Also, the CK reports NO errors when loading in the .esm (other than the same error it reports for the Human race not finding some DLC03 facepaint texture or something).

Anyway, back to testing. More info to follow later.....

Trykz

Archived