Concept Synth/android type race for FO4

Trykz

I am guessing you forgot to add the property to hold your race.

Something like:

Race Property mySynthRace Auto

And then remember to fill the property with the correct value.

I am guessing you forgot to add the property to hold your race.

Something like:

Race Property mySynthRace Auto

And then remember to fill the property with the correct value.

Thanks CPU...... I'll have another go at it

Trykz

That was definitely the problem...... I forgot to add the race property to the alias list so it could see it during compilation. And now it works..... perfectly. Well, almost  ;)

The spot I wanted to place the setrace function in is apparently "during" the animation event (it seems the whole banging on the door right up until you fall on the floor is a single event). Which apparently stalls the quest if interrupted. So unfortunately, the race swap takes place "after" you fall out of the freezer. But it definitely works. Thank you sooooo much CPU

Now it's down to the polish before release...... I'm thinking some variation of Serialmonkey's Overseer terminal idea that vaguely explains what happened to you.....

On that note, I do want to mention that this will REQUIRE that the edited scripts be removed from the Data folder anytime AFTER you exit Vault 111, but BEFORE you create a new human female character. Once the race swap occurs and the MQ102 quest completes (upon exiting Vault 111), the edited script fragments are no longer required for normal play through.

Time to wrap this one up  ;)

Trykz

On that note, I do want to mention that this will REQUIRE that the edited scripts be removed from the Data folder anytime AFTER you exit Vault 111, but BEFORE you create a new human female character. Once the race swap occurs and the MQ102 quest completes (upon exiting Vault 111), the edited script fragments are no longer required for normal play through.

Please explain.

Please explain.

Because I placed the function in a vanilla quest fragment, the race swap is an automated process with no way to "switch it off". So, as long as it resides in the Data folder, it will override the vanilla quest fragment and repeat itself for every new character created. Hence, if you want to create a new human character, the fragment MUST be removed so it can't affect the race property. But it's not necessary that it be removed until that time, and ONLY if you're wanting to play as a normal human character.

Trykz

That is how all mods work.

If you don't want their effect, you have to remove them...

A note in the future download page will be enough for that.

That is how all mods work.

If you don't want their effect, you have to remove them...

A note in the future download page will be enough for that.

Yeah..... I also suspect that if the mod itself is simply deactivated in a mod manager (for later use), then the script shouldn't be able to call up the fragment's race swap function because it won't be able to see the race property, and may likely just continue normally. I'll test that a bit later and see if my suspicion is correct.

In any event, I'm using the info that I've learned here to see if I can devise some method for allowing multiple custom races to be active in the load order simultaneously. A sort of "post-character creation / pre-MQ" race framework perhaps. But I dunno...... this is all new territory for me.

Trykz

Hmm... What about using some sort of interactive object to carry out the race swap? For instance, the Institute Reclamation Chair that you made - that would be perfect for something like this.

It would, but using a method that performs the swap "by activator" is what I'm trying to avoid. I though about using that method early on, but realized that placing the chair in the pre-war home would have the race swap occur far too soon, and putting it in the Vault111cryo cell would be far too late. I squashed that plan for something more organic and befitting to the game and what's happening at the moment. Automating the race swap right as you fall out of the freezer just "feels" more organic and fluid. Like it "belongs" in the game. Like synths, but not...... if you know what I mean.

Think of it this way.....

last you knew, you were a human. Global disaster strikes, you get frozen, and wake up 210 years later as "something else" after groggily seeing your spouse killed and your kid stolen sometime before you finally thawed out......

now you have to ask yourself, "was that all a dream? If not, then what the hell happened to me?" Seeing the dead spouse across from you confirms the latter. And now you need to find answers.....

Using an activator makes it seem far less "authentic". One second you're looking at your human character, then sit in a chair or press a button and *poof*, you're now suddenly "not human". It just makes it seem cheesy and completely phony.

Trykz

And it's done.....

I made some edits to a few terminals around the game to add some flavor in the form of clues leading to your own conclusion of what happened to you in Vault 111. Namely, you'll want to thoroughly read the final entry on the Overseer's terminal in Vault 111 first. Eventually, you'll find your next clue on Conrad Kellog's terminal in the Fort Hagen Command Center. Finally, your last clue, and the one that leads you to fully envision and understand the circumstances that led your current condition, will be found on the Director's terminal in The Institute.

Just running over the whole thing to make sure everything is included and working as I intend it to, after which I'll upload it to the downloads section here exclusively.

Trykz

Nice work man!

But if you allow me to be selfish asshole?

Just a little feedback/request below. If you don't want to deal with it just ignore the spoiler.

Otherwise great job!

So I kind of find your mod kind of scary/creepy which if that was something you were going for then good job! you succeeded! 

If you would like to ever make a second version could you make something like this?

The body has elegant curves and gaps between each piece as per design while yours looks like half finished cyborg (still pretty cool but different style).

Perhaps when we get race menu the gaps you could have tattoo overlays that would glow. Perhaps you could use armor piece slots to recreate the synth in the picture I linked that way you could customize her further and then you could add synth weapons like power fists and boots which allows her to jump higher or hit enemies harder.

Anyway that's just me selfishly talking.

Nice work man!

Just a little feedback/request below. If you don't want to deal with it just ignore the spoiler.

Otherwise great job!

So I kind of find your mod kind of scary/creepy which if that was something you were going for then good job! you succeeded! 

If you would like to ever make a second version could you make something like this?

The body has elegant curves and gaps between each piece as per design while yours looks like half finished cyborg (still pretty cool but different style).

Perhaps when we get race menu the gaps you could have tattoo overlays that would glow. Perhaps you could use armor piece slots to recreate the synth in the picture I linked that way you could customize her further and then you could add synth weapons like power fists and boots which allows her to jump higher or hit enemies harder.

Get me the converted meshes and textures, and I'll make it work. Daughter of Ares, correct?

Doubt that would be possible though. As I understand things, the original DOA author is currently converting it for FO4. Was my favorite F:NV custom race  ;)

However, if for some reason he doesn't follow through, and is willing to lend permissions for conversion and use, I'll see what I can do  :)

Trykz

I just had an idea for synths and it seems like this is a fitting topic where i can mention it.

with the automatron DLC, you get some repairtools for your robots, instead of using stimpacks, so the idea is that maybe with that DLC, you can mod yourself too, to become a synth and get implants. The drawback is that you now have to use this repairtool instead of stims (same function different item)

Nice work man!

Otherwise great job!

Get me the converted meshes and textures, and I'll make it work. Daughter of Ares, correct?

Doubt that would be possible though. As I understand things, the original DOA author is currently converting it for FO4. Was my favorite F:NV custom race  ;)

However, if for some reason he doesn't follow through, and is willing to lend permissions for conversion and use, I'll see what I can do  :)

Trykz

Sure!

I will send it to you via PM, I think the original mod author has left the modding scene all together though. He/she had all their mods taken down and their account closed.

What I requested was more of re-imagining perhaps, I don't know how the meshes would fit the cbbe body...

Anyway take a look and let me know what you think, I just liked how DoA did it, it had an iphone (lol) like elegance. 

Im having issues getting it to work as well with all the mods unloaded except this. I built the body in bodyslide, the terminals work with new messages but im still using Atomic Beauty body. Even tried using setrace with same result. I'm getting this error in NMM: "WARNING: This plugin has the file extension .esm, but its file header marks it as an esp."

Great Mod, i think i will like it. :) stumbled over an issue: now im leaving Vault 111 i cant change the appearance anymore. Know Bug because of the new race?

thx

A few people have reported the same. I'm looking into it now. It may be something to do with the headparts formlist.

Im having issues getting it to work as well with all the mods unloaded except this. I built the body in bodyslide, the terminals work with new messages but im still using Atomic Beauty body. Even tried using setrace with same result. I'm getting this error in NMM: "WARNING: This plugin has the file extension .esm, but its file header marks it as an esp."

Is the body wrong when nude?

Also, I suspect that the mod "Unique Player" may cause problems if running in the load order. The .esm warning in NMM is typical. The CK is still incapable of converting .esp to .esm, so other methods are still required to convert them.

Trykz

Great Mod, i think i will like it. :) stumbled over an issue: now im leaving Vault 111 i cant change the appearance anymore. Know Bug because of the new race?

thx

And........ fixed.

Just grab the new .esm from the downloads and replace the current .esm in your Data folder.

Trykz

Hey There, 

Firstly, I would like to say that this looks absolutely amazing.  I would really like to try it out, but honestly I have no desire to change my character's race.  Is there a way to make this, using the Unique Followers mod, only affect Curie and not the PC?  

From what I have gathered, I would have to find the affected String file in the Strings folder and remove that, then place the nif created by Bodyslide in Curie's asset folder.  Is that correct?

Secondly, if I may make the request, I think a version of this mod that changes only Curie would be AMAZING.

And lastly, I have a suggestion that probably won't happen, as I now know of at least two versions of this idea (neither of which uses what I'm about to suggest): A Cybernetics mod.  Before reading the following, please know that my understanding of how mods work is very limited, so these are just theories.  There is probably a better way to go about it, but I don't know.

What I'm thinking of for the Cybernetics mod would involve several body models (to cover different implant options):

A model replacing the right arm with a Gen 2 Synth Arm (slightly damaged so you can see metal underneath).

A model replacing the left arm.  A model replacing both arms.  A model replacing the right leg.  The left leg.  Both legs.

A model replacing all limbs.  And then a model replacing the spine (from Fortaleza Armor), and a variation of all the limbs.

And, lastly, something to offer an implant(s) for the head.  This one could probably be as simple as a retexture or two.

Really, the key thing here that is different from other attempts at this mod would be the models.  What I have seen so far basically cuts up Power Armor and adds it as an exo-skeleton, and the other is the Fortaleza mesh where the skin is basically cut into sections.  This would actually have an underlying metal skeleton, like the hand you have on the model here.

And then use your Reclamation Chair as an item to add implants.

This could use Race Changes to change out the NIF and act as a sort of mini loading screen.

It would also probably be helpful if Cybernetics required an Institute affiliation (or maybe adding an Auto-doc, like from the older games).  And, of course, different effects (this could also give some fun uses for the implants you take from Kellogg).

I realize this would be a tremendous amount of work and that it is unlikely to happen, but I don't see the harm in throwing it out there.

Either way - thanks for this amazing mod! :)

Is the body wrong when nude?

Also, I suspect that the mod "Unique Player" may cause problems if running in the load order. The .esm warning in NMM is typical. The CK is still incapable of converting .esp to .esm, so other methods are still required to convert them.

Trykz

I was using unique textures at first(the one that doesn't change the body model). Then I disabled it and it went back to the base atomic body and texture. I turned off all mods in load order except iHuman.esp and it still only showed atomic body. Even tried with different bodyslide colors to make sure it wasn't my custom one. I've also used setrace command to switch back and forth to each race with no change. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the mod. Uber confused here.

I was using unique textures at first(the one that doesn't change the body model). Then I disabled it and it went back to the base atomic body and texture. I turned off all mods in load order except iHuman.esp and it still only showed atomic body. Even tried with different bodyslide colors to make sure it wasn't my custom one. I've also used setrace command to switch back and forth to each race with no change. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the mod. Uber confused here.

As am I. Doesn't make any sense at all. I wish I could help more. But unfortunately, I'm at a loss  :(

Trykz

Archived