Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

Just a short note.

According to Steam, I have over 4,000 hours in Skyrim LE, and another 1700 in Skyrim SE.

I would have lost interest long long ago if it were not for the work of CliftonJD and Musje.

I really owe both of you. I have over 20 profiles for Skyrim, testing the latest new mods - but PAHE and HSH (and AYGAS) are an integral part of all of them.

Most mods are not stable enough to leave in for extended playthroughs - but these are.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Another vicious problem I ran into that I think is real: after training a bunch of slaves with a taskmaster (or maybe not even related to training, just having some slaves or having done something to them, not sure), the new saves become unreadable. I first noticed this after trying to train 25 slaves with 1 taskmaster. I sped up game time by "set timescale to 10000", but after a while the training gets stuck, the MCM "House slaves" menu becomes inaccessible, and I can't access taskmaster dialog options either (this time for real..). 

Is speeding up training generally a bad idea? I also have 28 slaves in another location but they're not in a camp. This is a pretty new playthrough. I downloaded save cleaners and there are only 11 unattached instances. About 55k scripts and strings, but I read that there's no hard limit on that.

Edit: I tried it on a previous save that didn't have any slave training setup. I recruited a handful of new slaves, put them in a cell, and assigned a taskmaster to train them. The save immediately becomes unreadable... I can't say what caused what, but right before I started scheduling training, the save was still readable with the slaves only assigned... Maybe I should just forget about training since the slaves won't cause problems if there's a strong taskmaster?

Help

Edited by notInterestedInFun

Why are there random slaves that join with 12 points sex training? This is retarded when I want to enslave a bunch of male slaves and then during training they all get naked. Also wastes time

What I ended up doing was leave a 12pt sex slave knocked down on the floor after auto cloning, and then spawning other NPC so that they don't come with sex points. 

I really like this mod, especially the fact that it keeps the slaves in furniture unlike vanilla Pahe. Also, nice to have camps and slave training. But there are some SERIOUS FUCKING PROBLEMS with the logic. Taskmaster instructions on training are TOTALLY WORTHLESS AND NEVER FOLLOWED. Also, a highly trained taskmaster WILL NOT START TRAINING ANYONE (at least in my case, it might just be unreliable as fuck lol). *But* if you remove the taskmaster from his position and ask him to train ONE slave, automated training process begins and soon everyone is trained even though I never asked for it. I don't think I'm being nitpicking here.

Edit: In another attempt, the taskmaster after having been removed from his position, trained only one slave then stopped. Assigning him back to taskmaster triggered all slaves to be trained. I'm still waiting for the taskmaster to be transferred from camp to pahe slave list... Not sure how long it'll take. One thing is clear, even though there are lots of glitches and bugs, using set timescale to 10000 can speed up training...

One more problem that I am unable to even find a workaround to: I've fully trained about 20 slaves but now I can't get my taskmaster back. Unassigning role takes quite a while, and "time to hit the road" never finishes transferring to Pahe. Any ideas apart from keeping the taskmaster where he is? Thanks

Edit: OK... I had to wait a long, long time but eventually I was able to transfer a slave from home camp back to Pahe! If you run into the same problem, try to avoid giving too many orders to slaves and let queued up scripts (or whatever they are..) complete. Sometimes I would ask them to "do something for me" and have the expanding crosshairs show up half an hour later (or longer) to assign somewhere to go.

17 hours ago, notInterestedInFun said:

Another vicious problem I ran into that I think is real: after training a bunch of slaves with a taskmaster (or maybe not even related to training, just having some slaves or having done something to them, not sure), the new saves become unreadable. I first noticed this after trying to train 25 slaves with 1 taskmaster. I sped up game time by "set timescale to 10000", but after a while the training gets stuck, the MCM "House slaves" menu becomes inaccessible, and I can't access taskmaster dialog options either (this time for real..). 

Is speeding up training generally a bad idea? I also have 28 slaves in another location but they're not in a camp. This is a pretty new playthrough. I downloaded save cleaners and there are only 11 unattached instances. About 55k scripts and strings, but I read that there's no hard limit on that.

Edit: I tried it on a previous save that didn't have any slave training setup. I recruited a handful of new slaves, put them in a cell, and assigned a taskmaster to train them. The save immediately becomes unreadable... I can't say what caused what, but right before I started scheduling training, the save was still readable with the slaves only assigned... Maybe I should just forget about training since the slaves won't cause problems if there's a strong taskmaster?

Help

17 hours ago, notInterestedInFun said:

Help

11 hours ago, notInterestedInFun said:

One more problem that I am unable to even find a workaround to: I've fully trained about 20 slaves but now I can't get my taskmaster back. Unassigning role takes quite a while, and "time to hit the road" never finishes transferring to Pahe. Any ideas apart from keeping the taskmaster where he is? Thanks

Edit: OK... I had to wait a long, long time but eventually I was able to transfer a slave from home camp back to Pahe! If you run into the same problem, try to avoid giving too many orders to slaves and let queued up scripts (or whatever they are..) complete. Sometimes I would ask them to "do something for me" and have the expanding crosshairs show up half an hour later (or longer) to assign somewhere to go.

Sounds like you might have some other problems going on.  Load order and possibly problematic mods can greatly affect your game.  A slow computer can compound problems.  I've never played with the timescale, but I wouldn't be surprised if setting that high caused problems.  The stuck MCM and what-not might be because a tremendous number of tasks have been queued up and need to finish before you can get control again (if ever).  I've noticed a few things linger from a play through when reloading an earlier save.  I've found it's best to quit skyrim and start the earlier save fresh.

But one thing I noticed is that you might not quite understand the role of a taskmaster.  The taskmaster guides other slaves to train slaves.  So what I do is capture two slaves, train one (Call them slave1) as far as I can.  Then have slave1 train the other slave (call them slave2).  Capture a third slave, which we will call ... wait for it ... slave3.  Set slave1 as taskmaster and tell them to setup a schedule so slaves train each other (I forget the wording) and slave2 will train slave3 up to slave2's level.  Keep adding more slaves and they will end up training each other.  Oh, I find about twenty slaves in any one location is about all my setup can do without running across problems.  If you have more slaves, setup other locations with HomeSweetHome cages and taskmasters.

5 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

Sounds like you might have some other problems going on.  Load order and possibly problematic mods can greatly affect your game.  A slow computer can compound problems.  I've never played with the timescale, but I wouldn't be surprised if setting that high caused problems.  The stuck MCM and what-not might be because a tremendous number of tasks have been queued up and need to finish before you can get control again (if ever).  I've noticed a few things linger from a play through when reloading an earlier save.  I've found it's best to quit skyrim and start the earlier save fresh.

But one thing I noticed is that you might not quite understand the role of a taskmaster.  The taskmaster guides other slaves to train slaves.  So what I do is capture two slaves, train one (Call them slave1) as far as I can.  Then have slave1 train the other slave (call them slave2).  Capture a third slave, which we will call ... wait for it ... slave3.  Set slave1 as taskmaster and tell them to setup a schedule so slaves train each other (I forget the wording) and slave2 will train slave3 up to slave2's level.  Keep adding more slaves and they will end up training each other.  Oh, I find about twenty slaves in any one location is about all my setup can do without running across problems.  If you have more slaves, setup other locations with HomeSweetHome cages and taskmasters.

Thx for the reply! I've tweaked my mods quite a bit and I'm pretty sure there isn't any serious conflict (except for Follow me for sex & cum effects... I'll prob disable FMFS). I ended up working thru most of the problems. Very important for anyone planning on starting a large slave workforce: if a command doesn't seem to do what you expect, DON'T ISSUE IT AGAIN. The commands sometimes take a long time to execute (minutes, some maybe even hours), and the more commands you issue trying to fix the original problem, the more you compound the problem. I wasted hours fixing my current save just walking around waiting for old commands to go thru and then readjust the slaves in furniture... I have made 100 new saves in the last 24 hours just to install about 20+ furniture with slaves in them! Don't make my mistake - rushing thru things just bc they make sense to you will only cost you more time with HSH. I'm starting to understand the potential edge cases and logical conflicts between commands that make this a difficult thing to solve programmatically speaking. 

I also echo your observation that 20 slaves is about the limit. I ran into problems originally with (only) 25 slaves. Silly me, I thought that was definitely a safe number to start with! My current save has 19 slaves including taskmaster and it's worked well so far. Very few CTD, and all saves load properly. However, slave transfer can take a long time, so I'm not really planning on moving them around anymore... It took hours in real world time for me to remove a slave from the house camp. I added him to a new perm camp, but it says "wait for previous transfer to finish" (what transfer???). At least I can use him as a normal slave so far, and hopefully he can be used to train new slaves when the transfer completes eventually.

A bug with taskmaster is that he has NO CONTROL over what skill is trained despite what logic tells you. Maybe it's just another problem with commands taking forever to go thru so don't expect it to be real time.

I've personally tested timescale to work pretty much perfectly with HSH. Set it to 10000 when you want fast training (it takes YEARS in-game time to train up 20 slaves). Set it back to 30 or 1 or 0 when you want normal gameplay. Once the slaves are fully trained and ordered into furniture via "Let's get you on a toy", they will not get out even when you leave the house, no matter how much time elapsed. "I want you to do something for me" in HSH persists when you leave the cell I believe, but it resets when you leave the house/area (this is another command that often takes a ludicrous amount of time to go thru, be careful with it). 

Important tips about using slaves in ZaZ furniture: move them very close to the furniture (ideally at the entry point) before ordering them inside for much higher chance of success. I use Jaxonz Repositioner and sometimes you have to move them inside a wall or shackle for them to recognize it properly. I didn't know this and issued way too many worthless commands that were put in a queue and cost me a lot of time when they eventually went thru and moved slaves outside furniture. Also, use a ZAP add-on mod to spawn furniture so that they're properly aligned. When you have to move the furniture (and a lot of shackles spawn with an annoying 90 degree offset), move the invisible furniture instead of the slave. The slaves will realign when you exit and reenter the cell/house. Sometimes there is no visual confirmation with chains so you just have to eyeball it and use trial and error.

It sounds simple placing pre-made furniture in a house; it's not because it's Skyrim... But I'm glad that people took the effort to make the mods because Skyrim seems like the only game where it's possible. Thanks to the countless hours the developers put into these mods, it's now possible to play with slaves and BDSM furniture without having to actually enslave people. Quite an achievement I'd say. 

Im having an issue where Hermir Strong_heart is ensalved after the civil war along with a few other NPCs but when I try to buy them they can only say Leave me alone. Is there a faction I can remove them from or a work around to fix this issue?

9 hours ago, Villianize said:

Im having an issue where Hermir Strong_heart is ensalved after the civil war along with a few other NPCs but when I try to buy them they can only say Leave me alone. Is there a faction I can remove them from or a work around to fix this issue?

How were they enslaved and were they sold to another owner?  Or maybe they enslaved from something about the civil war?  From what I remember, that line shows up when a slave is owned by someone else via AndYouGetASlave (AYGAS).  They could have been bought from your character or via the city auctions.  There is usually a dialogue line about checking their status or owner (I forget).  Do you not see this line?  My thinking is that you need to talk to their owner in order to buy them.

1 hour ago, notInterestedInFun said:

Update: Finally transferred another slave from a crowded house camp to an outdoor camp! Took a couple of days in real world time (not playing 24/7 tho..) for the scripts to finish running but they do finish! 

Holy time delay, batman.  I don't see those kind of delays, so I'm still thinking that you are taxing your machine.  Are you running something like Cursed Loot?  That mod brought my fairly decent machine to its knees.  Even with Slaverun Reloaded running I don't see those kind of delays.

1 hour ago, tinkerbelle said:

How were they enslaved and were they sold to another owner?  Or maybe they enslaved from something about the civil war?  From what I remember, that line shows up when a slave is owned by someone else via AndYouGetASlave (AYGAS).  They could have been bought from your character or via the city auctions.  There is usually a dialogue line about checking their status or owner (I forget).  Do you not see this line?  My thinking is that you need to talk to their owner in order to buy them.

Im not sure if its intended but after the Civil War it seems certain NPC's get auto-enslaved that support the side you didnt fight on. For me being that I joined the Empire the Stormcloak loyalists in Windhelm were auto enslaved. I tried buying Hermir from her Owner which was Sigurd in Whiterun. the transaction happened successfully with them following my character etc, but when I try to interact with her or any of the NPC's that were auto enslaved after buying them they continue to say "Leave me Alone". There is one thing I feel is worth noting. Unlike when I approach other owned slaves when the Auto enslaved ones say Leave me Alone, they actually say it instead of the Fuz Ro Doh Lines. I believe it might possibly be something with either AYGAS or HSH but its hard to tell.

Also I was wondering beyond the issue Im having, is there a way to make it so you can talk to slaves you dont own? Im running a playthrough were my character captures and recruits Orcs into his Orc tribe and I'll sell slaves to my characters Wives and Kin. Its fun but just curious if theres a way to make it so sold slaves are still able to be talked to. Thanks in advance for the help ❤️ 

Edited by Villianize
1 hour ago, tinkerbelle said:

Holy time delay, batman.  I don't see those kind of delays, so I'm still thinking that you are taxing your machine.  Are you running something like Cursed Loot?  That mod brought my fairly decent machine to its knees.  Even with Slaverun Reloaded running I don't see those kind of delays.

No I just installed the game a couple of weeks ago with 120 mods. Most of it to get LoversLab working sensibly and looking nice. I have tried to avoid original gameplay (such as quests) as much as possible via cheats, so that says it all. Running it on 6700k+gtx1080+8gb ram which isn't hardcore gaming but should be fine. Haven't even heard of cursed loot... 

Like I said, I tried very hard to get the 20 slaves into proper toys in my cellar. I don't like waiting around for things... 

Also for anyone who wants to expand their slave workforce, I just discovered the zbfMuiri NPC character (from ZAP 8+ pack) and it looks like an ideal slave NPC. Other unique NPCs in the Bijin skin mod family cannot have more than one working slave copy, but zbfMuiri can. My slave workforce is mostly male (bc girls are irresistible) but if anyone wants to mass produce good-looking female slaves this is a good way to go. They also spawn with empty inventories so you don't have to strip them of ugly vanilla armor.

23 minutes ago, Villianize said:

Im not sure if its intended but after the Civil War it seems certain NPC's get auto-enslaved that support the side you didnt fight on. For me being that I joined the Empire the Stormcloak loyalists in Windhelm were auto enslaved. I tried buying Hermir from her Owner which was Sigurd in Whiterun. the transaction happened successfully with them following my character etc, but when I try to interact with her or any of the NPC's that were auto enslaved after buying them they continue to say "Leave me Alone". 

I'm new to HSH but when you say auto-enslaved do you mean they have a slave menu/added to Pahe, or just appear as slaves and cannot be re-enslaved? I know if, say, you enslave a Serana clone, you cannot enslave more than one copy. The additional spawns have slave dialogue but will not follow most commands and are not registered in Pahe. They also spawn nude but have weapons (even non-unique NPCs that allow enslaving multiple copies) which is an annoying glitch. I had to steal a large pile of clothes and put it on for them one by one so that people wouldn't suspect there's anything improper going on... If anyone knows how to fix, it'd be great

When I say auto enslaved, I mean after I finished the civil war. certain NPC's were enslaved but not by me. One Day i was in Whiterun and Unique NPCs where slaves, which I dont mind that they are, I just cant interact with them for some reason.

9 hours ago, Villianize said:

When I say auto enslaved, I mean after I finished the civil war. certain NPC's were enslaved but not by me. One Day i was in Whiterun and Unique NPCs where slaves, which I dont mind that they are, I just cant interact with them for some reason.

After Civil war quest Jarls and Huscarls of the faction you have not chosen in civil war quest are enslaved. For some time you there is an option to by them in an auction at the Restless Hunter. 

1 minute ago, Harvald said:

After Civil war quest Jarls and Huscarls of the faction you have not chosen in civil war quest are enslaved. For some time you there is an option to by them in an auction at the Restless Hunter. 

Can also be purchased from their owners (I first saw Idgrod the Elder enslaved by Adrianne Avenicci) or from the town auctions (this is where I've bought most of mine).

I've only now noticed a warning in Vortex (yes, I hated MO2) that says under SkyUI_SE.esp:

Another mod seems to be overwriting one of this module's essential files. Please ensure you're using this module's version of scripts/ski_playerloadgamealias.pex.

Doing a file search in the staging folder, I've traced it to "PAH_HomeSweetHome_1.26 SSE". 

Uninstalling and reinstalling somehow did the trick. LOOT being LOOT? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apparently not -- it just took a few more moments for the LOOT Messages to refresh. I guess it's something in the mod that might need to get addressed in a future update?

Edited by TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft
final update
On 7/12/2021 at 6:12 PM, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

I've only now noticed a warning in Vortex (yes, I hated MO2) that says under SkyUI_SE.esp:

Doing a file search in the staging folder, I've traced it to "PAH_HomeSweetHome_1.26 SSE". 

Following up here. I found this on a reddit page Anyone know what ski_playerloadgamealias.pex does?.

That's for SkyUI's MCM function. I don't think modders were supposed to include that script in their own mods, since SkyUI already has it, and they don't want anybody potentially overwriting their stuff.

and 

Correct. The script is not supposed to be included, as it may conflict with future SkyUI versions.

So I'll remove the offending file from my local copy of HSH and start a new game. From what I've been reading, this doesn't cause any unintentional bugs.

fixed typo and added clarification
10 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Just want to make sure I'm not missing the obvious. You place the house marker at the door(s) of a house, right? I read the description, but I'm not sure I'm getting enough detail about proper use and placement of the house marker.

Anywhere inside the house does. 

What I do is just activate the token from my inventory, wait until the 'purple' cage appears and move it around to place it. 

Cage placement is important as it's where you plan to set the primary house marker, the sort of primary congregation point for all the slaves. 

I tend to put that in the centre of as room, but it can go anywhere.  I would recommend NOT hiding it in a wall, as you might 'bury' the marker with it

Obviously if you plan to 'keep' the cage, the door placement is what counts, and you need to leave it accessible.   Personally, I tend to delete the cage as it can interfere with NPC pathing, 

Whichever of those you do, you also need to make sure you have worked out where you want the little 'control box/chest' used to set markers etc.  Remember to leave it somewhere easy to get to

ABOVE ALL ELSE, think of there being a limit of one cage to one game cell.  If your house has more than one cell, ie you need to go through a load door to get to another part, HSH will only 'work' in the cell in which you placed the cage

Hope that helps

2 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Anywhere inside the house does. 

What I do is just activate the token from my inventory, wait until the 'purple' cage appears and move it around to place it. 

Cage placement is important as it's where you plan to set the primary house marker, the sort of primary congregation point for all the slaves. 

I tend to put that in the centre of as room, but it can go anywhere.  I would recommend NOT hiding it in a wall, as you might 'bury' the marker with it

Obviously if you plan to 'keep' the cage, the door placement is what counts, and you need to leave it accessible.   Personally, I tend to delete the cage as it can interfere with NPC pathing, 

Whichever of those you do, you also need to make sure you have worked out where you want the little 'control box/chest' used to set markers etc.  Remember to leave it somewhere easy to get to

ABOVE ALL ELSE, think of there being a limit of one cage to one game cell.  If your house has more than one cell, ie you need to go through a load door to get to another part, HSH will only 'work' in the cell in which you placed the cage

Hope that helps

But where do you put the house markers? Not the cell marker.

13 minutes ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

But where do you put the house markers? Not the cell marker.

If you're speaking of all the various things that HSH lets you place, you can put them wherever you want. You can, for instance, but the bedroom marker in the kitchen - if that's your thing. You can also use the spells to put the ZAP devices wherever. I like placing the two arms up tree in front of the fireplace in Hearthfire homes so I get a lovely image as I enter the house.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

If you're speaking of all the various things that HSH lets you place, you can put them wherever you want. You can, for instance, but the bedroom marker in the kitchen - if that's your thing. You can also use the spells to put the ZAP devices wherever. I like placing the two arms up tree in front of the fireplace in Hearthfire homes so I get a lovely image as I enter the house.

What he said ?

Although I tend to go for the head protruding from the pile of earth in the corner ...