i volunteer as tribute

I can beta test if you're still looking.

sorry it took a while for me to get back to you both, i'm on hiatus for about a month :)

i'll add you both :)

I am playing the expectant mother scenario, and its not letting me talk to Gaev. Is there a solution for this? I use the "Hello there" option.  

yes there is a problem with v13

here is a link to the solution http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-68?do=findComment&comment=1820658

note that in the next version that whole scenario has been complteetly redone and should have no problems :)

i should have posted before i left but

i'm on vacation right now and will be gone for about a month. i may or may not be able to check in from time to time, so if i don't answer your posts, it's not because i'm ignoring you, i'm just gone. :)

I'm having the issue stated in the FAQ as fixable by jdough's fix, however his fix didn't fix the problem. I removed all script instances for ccas, and I still have the issue where I sleep, it fades to black, I get all the Sounds of Skyrim popups, and then it fades back into the same room. What I expect is the map to properly load, fade in, THEN Sounds of Skyrim popups show.

All normal LAL vanilla options load properly. It's only CCAS I'm having trouble with.

Attached is a log and here is my mod setup: http://modwat.ch/u/XenoDrakeXV2

Papyrus.0.log

EDIT: Somehow through thick and thin I found a load order issue. Might have been because I had merged the MilkModEconomy addon plugins and didn't realize they were already being merged into the Bashed Patch.

Also, still waiting on a reply if it's alright to enter the beta test.

I don't have SD+ or any of those optional mods, but I'm wondering what dark tales has stuff happen and what doesn't in the current version. For example from my limited testing on the starts using a female PC,

-The Forsworn option doesn't seem to progress past the fucking and then the reveal that PC wasn't the sacrifice. Not even the additional dialogue seems to trigger any more sex scenes.

-The animal ones that belong in that one cave don't seem to do anything without optional mods (perhaps they attack if you leave the cave? I had issues with another mod couldn't test)

-The animal ones seem to vary in who can be recruited by other mods such (using AFT), the troll won't allow me to click the option to recruit, while the Sabercat will

-The giants offering with the grinewoad tattoo basically has the giants doing nothing, is that meant to be?

But ultimately I'd like to know what is supposed to happen in the brutish orc start, if you lack any optionals. Currently I have SL Kidnapped Redux, and even with my best efforts when I held back the ambush from triggering for awhile, the brutish orc (I assume he's the one with full orc armor?) always ends up attacking the PC then triggers Defeat. Is it a case of SD+ is needed to make sense of the context and it was intended that you were already enslaved? Regardless ultimately the SL Kidnapped Redux ambush happens which not only attacks the PC but the orc as well. I'm not asking for how to fix it, but rather I'm curious how it's supposed to flow assuming it was just plain vanilla CCAS with no mods interfering.

I don't have SD+ or any of those optional mods, but I'm wondering what dark tales has stuff happen and what doesn't in the current version. For example from my limited testing on the starts using a female PC,

-The Forsworn option doesn't seem to progress past the fucking and then the reveal that PC wasn't the sacrifice. Not even the additional dialogue seems to trigger any more sex scenes.

-The animal ones that belong in that one cave don't seem to do anything without optional mods (perhaps they attack if you leave the cave? I had issues with another mod couldn't test)

-The animal ones seem to vary in who can be recruited by other mods such (using AFT), the troll won't allow me to click the option to recruit, while the Sabercat will

-The giants offering with the grinewoad tattoo basically has the giants doing nothing, is that meant to be?

But ultimately I'd like to know what is supposed to happen in the brutish orc start, if you lack any optionals. Currently I have SL Kidnapped Redux, and even with my best efforts when I held back the ambush from triggering for awhile, the brutish orc (I assume he's the one with full orc armor?) always ends up attacking the PC then triggers Defeat. Is it a case of SD+ is needed to make sense of the context and it was intended that you were already enslaved? Regardless ultimately the SL Kidnapped Redux ambush happens which not only attacks the PC but the orc as well. I'm not asking for how to fix it, but rather I'm curious how it's supposed to flow assuming it was just plain vanilla CCAS with no mods interfering.

Yeah, as you've guessed some do need another mod to really work, but some have multiple uses.

The animal starts can be used for SD animal masters or Untamed (I think) can tame them and start a pack. The forsworn one just does what you did. You can then escape the tower and make a run for it. Same for the giants. Some of the other starts are basically that... starts. Others work with or without other mods and some are intended to trigger other mods that aren't done yet, or the start isn't quite finished.

The orc, as far as I know, is supposed to be a slaver and that won't really work without SD. You can either let Defeat trigger and play it from there, fight back and kill him if you can at level 1 or whatever else.

Some of the other modders might be able to fill in more.

I was going to try this mod out on my bloated, tortured load order to freshen things up a little, but I seem to be having odd issues with it.

I mean, with the state my load order is in that wasn't a surprise, but the exact issue does feel rather out of the ordinary.

It's twofold, actually. Primarily, what happens is that the mod seems to be doing something to Racemenu. All manner of controls disappear, particularly facial ones. This isn't something I'd expected an *alternate start* mod to do, to say the least.

The second major symptom is that when I *load* a save, regardless of whether it was started with CCAS installed or not, several things happen every time. Firstly, whatever hair I'd chosen is gone. Secondly, every mod seems to laboriously re-install, and I believe it talks about the save having missing content, as if I'd *uninstalled* something. (I think that last thing happens even on a save created with CCAS and no changes since, but that's off the top of my head). Then I explode a couple of times, but I'm pretty sure that's just something to do with all the mods re-initialising at once interacting with FMEA and one of the mods (presumably this one) somehow counting as doing alchemy rather than simply applying an effect of some kind. Pretty baffling either way.

The kicker? All this happens whether or not the mod is actually enabled. It only has to be installed. And it doesn't even overwrite anything while installing.

Any thoughts?

I was going to try this mod out on my bloated, tortured load order to freshen things up a little, but I seem to be having odd issues with it.

I mean, with the state my load order is in that wasn't a surprise, but the exact issue does feel rather out of the ordinary.

It's twofold, actually. Primarily, what happens is that the mod seems to be doing something to Racemenu. All manner of controls disappear, particularly facial ones. This isn't something I'd expected an *alternate start* mod to do, to say the least.

The second major symptom is that when I *load* a save, regardless of whether it was started with CCAS installed or not, several things happen every time. Firstly, whatever hair I'd chosen is gone. Secondly, every mod seems to laboriously re-install, and I believe it talks about the save having missing content, as if I'd *uninstalled* something. (I think that last thing happens even on a save created with CCAS and no changes since, but that's off the top of my head). Then I explode a couple of times, but I'm pretty sure that's just something to do with all the mods re-initialising at once interacting with FMEA and one of the mods (presumably this one) somehow counting as doing alchemy rather than simply applying an effect of some kind. Pretty baffling either way.

The kicker? All this happens whether or not the mod is actually enabled. It only has to be installed. And it doesn't even overwrite anything while installing.

Any thoughts?

any time you add or subtract mods to an existing save, things are going to get wonky. Even if you don't activate it.

Technically CCAS isn't an alternate start mod, it just adds things to LAL (it's an alternate alternate start, if you will ;) ). Which isn't to say it didn't cause your racemenu issues, but it seems unlikely given that others haven't reported similar symptoms.

I know these sound obvious, but these boxes need checked to help diagnose your issues: ran LOOT and fnis after installation? Is this a brand new game (as opposed to, say, a save at the very beginning in order to save mod loading time)?

The racemenu thing happened regardless of whether it was a new game or an old save, that's the main issue. The weird explody stuff was more of an odd issue that may or may not have proved to be a problem if I'd gone further.

I try not to use LOOT too much, actually. It's got a tendancy to misorder some of the mods I've got installed and I play rarely enough that It'd take me ages to figure out what broke what if I let it do that. FNIS, pretty sure I did, but I might try installing it again and redo that just to be sure.

It's definitely the cause of the missing options in racemenu, the question is how on earth it even could be and is there an easy fix for it? Heh.

Effectively I treat my load order like a house of cards. Best to just carefully layer things on top and hope for the best, as I'm not a frequent enough Skyrmisher to justify the shear amount of work that would be required to properly understand the numerous interactions going on in there. It's more trial and error and half the fun is seeing what I can get away with adding to the stack.

This particular behaviour is the strangest I've seen in a while, what with it apparently not needing anything to be overwritten to do it, nor even the esp to be enabled.

EDIT - Huh. Been tinkering, merged some mods, reinstalled, made sure to run FNIS and booted it up.

All fixed. Now, it's possible that since I tried this about a week ago, all manner of random instability could have fixed itself (I didn't try rebooting at the time) but it is looking like there's a pretty good chance that not running FNIS was the cause, though I can't be sure because I can't remember if I did or didn't.

But there's a chance that not doing it can apparently do some *really weird* things to the game. Least, when it's got as much random and sometimes conflicting stuff installed as I have. And I still didn't need to re-run LOOT. :)

I try not to use LOOT too much, actually. It's got a tendancy to misorder some of the mods I've got installed and I play rarely enough that It'd take me ages to figure out what broke what if I let it do that. FNIS, pretty sure I did, but I might try installing it again and redo that just to be sure.

Next time you run loot, try to remember to tell it where it has messed up... You can quite easily tell loot to make sure mod y is loaded after mod x.

Example, here I've told loot to make sure my custom patch is loaded after patchusmaximus.esp

post-1144974-0-88939100-1497041063_thumb.png

I've decided to start public beta testing, in the hopes that feedback (both positive and negative ;) ) will help get me off my ass and finish some important stuff.

If anyone is interested in testing the next version of CCAS, and other minimods that go along with it, like the new Ponygirl Farm and Bandit Honeypot scenarios, let me know and I'll add you to the thread.

I will test it if you need it.

I've decided to start public beta testing, in the hopes that feedback (both positive and negative ;) ) will help get me off my ass and finish some important stuff.

If anyone is interested in testing the next version of CCAS, and other minimods that go along with it, like the new Ponygirl Farm and Bandit Honeypot scenarios, let me know and I'll add you to the thread.

Content Consumer is out for a few weeks. Just be patient and he will eventually contact you about this.

Regardless of the requirements, most of the starts in CCAS are there just for flavor and for your own personal backstory.

I am working on additional content for starts that involve my mods - SD+, Sisterhood of Dibella. Stories and now Parasites. You will definitely be missing content if you are not using the mods listed in the requirements.

For the current version of CCAS, you can assume there isn't much to do past the starting point and it is up to you to make up your own story.

Still.. it is a huge step up compared to starting in Helgen and pretending you are a succubus freshly summoned by an apprentice mage :)

Hey, I've got a computer for a while here, so I'll try to answer some stuff while I'm still online. :)

The Night Mistress Mansion mod causes CTD on startup.  Just an FYI.

Are you posting in the right thread? I haven't tried that mod yet but I can't see how the requirements would cause any sort of conflict with CCAS...

I apologize if this has been asked already, but what I am supposed to be doing in the Sexbot and Alicia starts? Is it even possible to advance those quests or is it just there for flavor?

For now, just flavor mostly. Several Sexlab Stories scenarios are currently placeholders, and will be improved in time. :)

I'm having the issue stated in the FAQ as fixable by jdough's fix, however his fix didn't fix the problem. I removed all script instances for ccas, and I still have the issue where I sleep, it fades to black, I get all the Sounds of Skyrim popups, and then it fades back into the same room. What I expect is the map to properly load, fade in, THEN Sounds of Skyrim popups show.

All normal LAL vanilla options load properly. It's only CCAS I'm having trouble with.

Attached is a log and here is my mod setup: http://modwat.ch/u/XenoDrakeXV2

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

EDIT: Somehow through thick and thin I found a load order issue. Might have been because I had merged the MilkModEconomy addon plugins and didn't realize they were already being merged into the Bashed Patch.

Also, still waiting on a reply if it's alright to enter the beta test.

Speaking just for myself, it generally happens just like you say - that is, fade to black, fade back in, then SOS popups. There are some scenarios where I had to add in a delay though, because of some processing required by the scenario. The only one I can remember right now is the Soulgem Oven scenario, but IIRC there are like three or four scenarios that have a slight delay, and the popups will appear before fading back in.

And yes, I'll add you to the beta thread. :)

I'll definitely beta test as well.

Excellent. :)

I will volunteer to test. i've got plenty of time on my hands

Glad to have y'all. :)

*snip*

Whoof, others have answered with some suggestions, and I'll take a look at your problem as soon as I get back. Sorry for the delay. :(

Sure thing. :)