[CK]Replace every selected static with another object.

Mailamea

Sorry guys in advance for posting it here.

Ok i recently got into the fallout 4 creation kit access. I'm currently expanding my destroy-able environments mod.

The reason I posted here is for people that has a good experience with creation kit since creation kit is almost 100% identical to skyrim, even has left hand casting is dual wielding tags left in it.

How do I go about replacing all existing objects in the game world with another one i created?

Heres an example.

Tree01 is a static furniture there is no destruction data in its forms, I made a tree01 that uses a furniture with destruction data in its forms.

How do I target all vanilla tree01 in creation kit and replace it with my custom destroyable tree01? Or I'm doomed and it needs to be replaced one by one?

Thank you very much

Are you asking for Skyrim, or for Fallout?

If it's Fallout, I can't help you.  But if it's for Skyrim, and I'm understanding your question right, maybe I can.

You want to turn statics, and flora, into destroy-able items?

To do that, you have to make them static objects.  First, this will mean that the leaves from your trees will no longer move, but as long as you're okay with that, it won't matter.

Then, you have to create a new object for everything you want to replace, and give it your NIF instead of its existing NIF.  There may or may not be a way to automate that; I don't know.

You might find it easier to SCRIPT destruction of various objects, though -- attach the script to (for instance) a barrel.  When the player hits the barrel, the script would replace the "container" or "static" barrel with your broken-open barrel.  If you wanted the contents of the barrel to spill out, you'd add that to your script as well.

Hope this helps.

TES5Edit + Automation Tools is the go-to method for editing a large number of forms quickly. AT might work for FO4Edit, but if not, you'll have to find out an equivalent.

I tested Tes5Edit's plugin merger tool and it worked fine for FO4Edit seamlessly. I hope this works. Are there any detailed explanations on how to use it?

Are you asking for Skyrim, or for Fallout?

If it's Fallout, I can't help you.  But if it's for Skyrim, and I'm understanding your question right, maybe I can.

You want to turn statics, and flora, into destroy-able items?

To do that, you have to make them static objects.  First, this will mean that the leaves from your trees will no longer move, but as long as you're okay with that, it won't matter.

Then, you have to create a new object for everything you want to replace, and give it your NIF instead of its existing NIF.  There may or may not be a way to automate that; I don't know.

You might find it easier to SCRIPT destruction of various objects, though -- attach the script to (for instance) a barrel.  When the player hits the barrel, the script would replace the "container" or "static" barrel with your broken-open barrel.  If you wanted the contents of the barrel to spill out, you'd add that to your script as well.

Hope this helps.

Yep for fallout 4, it will be pretty much the same judging from the new CK and the fo4 and tes5 edit similarities.

Yep I do know that leaves won't move tested by replacing a static in the game world. That is why I'm only changing dead trees and trees that are very thin.

I thought about the script thing on objects to swap them out with the destroy able variants when shot at, mainly because this was the method used by the person who made the recent destructible mod for fallout NV, problem is I don't know how to make that kind of script. I kinda suck when it comes to scripting, heck it took me over 2 months just to make a script to make the player switch out melee variants of ranged weapons in a keypress.

Archived