Big Quote

Firstly, thanks for all the help, now onto business.

Well I would prefer just to get things working, so rev91 is what I'll work with.

I re-did the install in the same way as my previous post, this time rebuilding the bash patch with lovers disabled, then placing it above the Idle/Object priority. Still no luck, the menu to summon up buddies/creatures is still broken. Could the preview vid in v94 be using Creature Extender? (Which is no longer available going by the big direct link list)

Oh and I believe the dates do have something to do with the redirection, as with the steam version the base bsa files are set to the date they're downloaded and in that state, textures for mods like HGEC do not work with just redirection.

You can redate the bsa files with either Wrye Bash or the tools here at the archive invalidation faq site: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ#Archive_Invalidation

Set the bsa dates to 2000 or something like that (pre-games release) and you will never have another problem with meshes and textures showing up with redirection.

When you say it is "broken" what does that mean? Are they not attacking and raping? Have you gone in and enabled creature rape in your settings? Post your load order so I can make sure that you don't have something strange going on.

Alrighty, Installed the Lovers mods in the same order mentioned in the previous post, the menu is still lacking/broken:

Mine: http://i.imgur.com/UXztS.jpg

Desired: http://i.imgur.com/LenMn.jpg (Except not red, I presume that's just a DarnUI option)

Above you can see the missing options and generally broken look to it compared to the example in the rev94 archive.

Here's my current load order:

00 Oblivion.esm

01 Lovers with PK.esm

02 LoversCreature.esm

03 DLCShiveringIsles.esp

04 DLCHorseArmor.esp

05 DLCOrrery.esp

06 DLCVileLair.esp

07 DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

08 DLCSpellTomes.esp

09 IvyArmor_Black.esp

0A Forbidden.esp

0B Alternative Start.esp

0C Retroactive Health.esp [Version 1.1]

0D Ahtata Arquamer.esp

0E DLCThievesDen.esp

0F DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

10 DLCFrostcrag.esp

11 Knights.esp

12 LoversFSE.esp

13 Lovers with PK.esp [Version 90]

14 LoversCreature.esp

15 LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

16 LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

Oh and on top of that, the creatures that I do summon from the broken looking menu do nothing but attack or run away (Only tested dog and horse, Creatures is enabled in lovers settings)

Once again, thanks for sticking with me, sorry I couldn't reply sooner.

What you are referring to as "missing" options are the difference between lovers creatures and lovers creatures extended. Lovers creatures extended is no longer available at this site as the owner (Donkey) pulled it.

Try adding lovers raperS and enabling chaos mode and also add joburg and you should see creatures raping both you and everyone else.

What you are referring to as "missing" options are the difference between lovers creatures and lovers creatures extended. Lovers creatures extended is no longer available at this site as the owner (Donkey) pulled it.

Try adding lovers raperS and enabling chaos mode and also add joburg and you should see creatures raping both you and everyone else.

[/quote']

Ah, so the deformed text on the menu is normal (r,h, Creatures)? Such a shame the Extender is no longer available, really gave a nice clear menu. I noticed Donkey is no longer registered on these forums? Does that eliminate any possibility of the extender being hosted here in the future?

Guess I'll just have to put the awesome spawn menu out of my mind, thanks for all the help.

Edit: Thanks for all the confirmations Gregathit, I'll just edit this post as I don't want to clutter up the thread anymore than I already have.

Does that eliminate any possibility of the extender being hosted here in the future?

Well Donkey didn't want the extender hosted on the site while he was still a member. I'm not sure if it can be hosted now that he has left but the answer is most likely no.

Yea, that would be bad form. I would not re-release it without his permission. He did so much for lovers and this site. That would just be spitting in his face, which I will not do.

• 3 weeks later...

Newer does not always equal better. While version 94 and 96 are "newer" they have not been proved to be "better" and certainly have not been "proved" to be "compatible" with all lovers plugins which is "why" we still have version 91 as the base version. Oh, version 91 is perfectly stable as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope rev94 is I think but its unstable with the current lovers plugins. rev91 is the most stable version to use with the plugins.

Unless Greg says otherwise.

The jury is "still deliberating" on whether v94\v96 works with all plugins or not. Until a bunch of folks sit down and play test 96 I am not recommending the upgrade. I sure as hell don't want to risk invalidating some of the older plugins that folks enjoy. At some point I "will" get around to testing things but other than the ability to move the actors around faster to adjust positions, there just isn't jack shit of evidence on "why" to upgrade.

-------

Now for some Details on the versions:

Version 91 has been out for a damn long time and really is stable as you can ask for. Pretty much all plugins both old and new work fine with it. The only plugin that is unplayable with version 91 is Lovers Night Arena. While it "was" a cool little plugin, it was buggy as freaking hell and often jacked up your game, making the regular arena not work correctly. There are several alternatives to "get your fix" like Lovers Club Cats and Lovers Boxing.

Version 93 "should" be a safe upgrade but honestly I have not had time to look into it to see what they changed. Supposedly version 93 was just a bug fix for version 91. What bugs they fixed and if it is worth messing with is an unknown at this time.

Version 94 started a new system, and v96 is a patch for version 94. I am not certain what all was changed but some of the internal coding to allow greater adjustment during sex is one of the new features. Don't know what else changed but there have been reports that some lovers plugins don't work correctly with these two. Further testing is needed but so far no one has had the time or desire as far as I am aware.

----

Now that is probably more than you wanted to know but them's the facts as bestest as this ole dog is aware of....:P

• 2 months later...

NOTE: If you use Donkey's PK Extender' date=' then you will need to go grab Donkey's revised version for rev96 here:[/b'] http://www.4shared.com/dir/Xn2AwNQU/Oblivion.html#dir=482519496

Please see the readme files that Donkey has there. PK Extender for rev96 is a work in progress, so there may be bugs or other issues due to coding changes in lovers with pk rev96. Donkey is working to try to make things compatible but this takes time with complicated plugins like this. Please report any errors\bugs to him at Wolflore.

I'm having trouble downloading Donkey's WIP rev96 patch. I read the 4shared, Lovers site rules download several times and saw no password for the rev96 patch download. What am I missing?

Thanks for all your excellent work.

I think that in the link for Donkeys animations you can download a read me with the password

Sure, If you still have a copy of the lovers base package rev91, then just open it up and go to:

Textures\effects\lovers\ and pull all the sperm splash files (should be a total of 8 of them) and drag and drop them into:

Oblivion\data\ and overwrite the files with them. You will then be back to the lower quality textures.

If you can't find a copy just re-download rev91 and extract the files from it.

With rev96 I went with the higher quality textures.

Sure' date=' If you still have a copy of the lovers base package rev91, then just open it up and go to:

Textures\effects\lovers\ and pull all the sperm splash files (should be a total of 8 of them) and drag and drop them into:

Oblivion\data\ and overwrite the files with them. You will then be back to the lower quality textures.

If you can't find a copy just re-download rev91 and extract the files from it.

With rev96 I went with the higher quality textures.

[/quote']

Omg, you rock! :D Thanks!!

Rev 96 seems to have "fixed" my old verion of Lover's Bed. When I was using Rev93, the beds would break and become unusable if an NPC tried to sleep in one immediately after sexing up another NPC.

The old version of LoversBed works flawlessly again. Maybe Rev93 wasn't as good as I thought...