Custom Race Mod - Outdated - Please don't use

hey trykz did you see my message? i don't know if you can understand what i posted. like i said' date=' its pretty difficult for me to explain.

[/quote']

Ah yes.....

sorry about that :P

It's the animation. It does the same with me. You can reduce the "swaying" by lowering the character weight (console command "setnpcweight 50" for example). Just make sure you select the character on screen (you should see the character ID number "00000014").

It's not something that I can fix, because it's inherent to the CHSBHC mod.

ah ok. i didn't realize it was a chsbhc mod. i guess i can try to lower my character's weight, to see what happens. also i noticed something funny, but awkward, when trying an "adult" mod. when using the asx spells with this body, her boobs go right through the other npc. i'm guessing that mod is not compatible with this one, or its something in the script itself.

Any chance you will be making a tutorial video on how you go about making your custom races? I'm just starting out and the tutorials I have found are all very much lacking. I just figured you'd be the man to ask to make one.

At some point' date=' perhaps (not likely a video, but a fully detailed and illustrated, step by step process tutorial in WordPad).

But at the moment, I have little time for much outside of what I'm currently working on. I do want to do a number of tutorials related to the Creation Kit, custom races and npcs, and cell mods.

But those are likely a ways off. Some of the video tutorials found here are pretty good, but somewhat lacking in some regards. Most only explain part of a process, or are pieces of an entire series of jumbled up junk that it can be hard to make sense of without jumping back and forth.

If you're going to make a tutorial detailing a specific process, then cover the entire process from start to finish in every regard. Nothing sucks more than finding what you need, only to hear the narrator say half-way through his 20 minute introduction: "I won't go into detail about that part here, but you can find it in part 7 of my video series" :rolleyes:

The goal is to explain a process, not become a YouTube TV star. No one gives a shit about your ability to make an entire season worth of jumbled up YouTube shit that takes a week to get through. Just explain it so I can get to work.

i have a problem. when i try using the unp body with this race, it seems to always ctd on me. i mean, it loads up everything and when its finished loading the save i have, it crashes to desktop. i don't know what could be conflicting with it, or making it where it crashes.

i have a problem. when i try using the unp body with this race' date=' it seems to always ctd on me. i mean, it loads up everything and when its finished loading the save i have, it crashes to desktop. i don't know what could be conflicting with it, or making it where it crashes.

[/quote']

Umm.... which race?

Also, is the mod near the top of your load order, right beneath RaceCompatibility.esm and then whatever hair mods you're using?

And double-check the load order recommendations. If you use BOSS, none of my mods are listed and get dropped toward the bottom as unrecognized, which isn't where they need to be.

Anyway, for future reference, if you need help, I NEED to know details like which race you're talking about, and whether or not you have your load order set up properly.

Hello,

First off, these races look awesome. I can't wait to try them out. I am fairly new to mods; so, I apologize if this is a dumb question. Most of these races have CBBE and UPN. Does that mean I need to use the one with the body replacer I use? Or, is it just to give me options of which body I happen to like better? In other words, can I use whichever I prefer regardless of the body replacer I use?

Thanks for your help in advance and thank you for sharing these with us.

In other words' date=' can I use whichever I prefer regardless of the body replacer I use?[/quote']

Yes.

Most of my mods are complete packages unless stated otherwise. They're also standalone, which means ONLY your character will have their unique appearance (body shape, textures, tattoos, etc.). I usually set up the mod to use CBBE by default, and include an optional UNPB body and texture set in a separate folder, which you simply drag and drop into the main folder to overwrite what's there, or "swap out" the meshes and textures into the provided empty folder for that body type.

Once you see the package layout, it's pretty straight forward. Just get into the habit of making sure to swap the body mesh AND textures, or wierd things happen :P

Hey, downloaded the Demoness Race, and second I select female I CTD, I downloaded it, and the Fix, installed threw NMM, O.o did the whole "No" on update, and "Yes to all" was wondering if somethings going on w/ it or if it's not been updated to be 1.6 compatable.

Please note it is at the end of my load order currently, and I am curious if this mod requires any others, be it hair, skin.. w/e. seems like you use "Alduins Wings"I don't have that DL'd yet is it required?

Hey' date=' downloaded the Demoness Race, and second I select female I CTD, I downloaded it, and the Fix, installed threw NMM, O.o did the whole "No" on update, and "Yes to all" was wondering if somethings going on w/ it or if it's not been updated to be 1.6 compatable.

Please note it is at the end of my load order currently, and I am curious if this mod requires any others, be it hair, skin.. w/e. seems like you use "Alduins Wings"I don't have that DL'd yet is it required?

[/quote']

Your first mistake was installing it through Nexus mod manager.

Yes, it's been updated to 1.6:

Now fixed and fully compatible with the Skyrim 1.6 update.

And no, Alduin's wings is not required.

Since i'm atm reinstalling Skyrim due to corrupted files etc decided to use pc exlusive animation path this time which requires custom race, so imma ask which one of ur races has the biggest customization variability with its own files? cosmetics,head,body parts,eyes,colors,tri files etc...

havent followed race mods so idk about them much ;p

Since i'm atm reinstalling Skyrim due to corrupted files etc decided to use pc exlusive animation path this time which requires custom race' date=' so imma ask which one of ur races has the biggest customization variability with its own files? cosmetics,head,body parts,eyes,colors,tri files etc...

[/quote']

They all use their own bodies and heads. But other customizations like makeup and eyes are mostly vanilla. A lot of them use their own set of individual tri files.

Never used that mod, so no clue what may work or not. It's not something I've ever really been interested in, so it isn't something I can really support.

But of all the races, I'd have to say that the Nidia mod uses the most custom assets, with The Demoness (3 races in one, + vampire variants) right behind it.

Since i'm atm reinstalling Skyrim due to corrupted files etc decided to use pc exlusive animation path this time which requires custom race' date=' so imma ask which one of ur races has the biggest customization variability with its own files? cosmetics,head,body parts,eyes,colors,tri files etc...

[/quote']

They all use their own bodies and heads. But other customizations like makeup and eyes are mostly vanilla. A lot of them use their own set of individual tri files.

Never used that mod, so no clue what may work or not. It's not something I've ever really been interested in, so it isn't something I can really support.

But of all the races, I'd have to say that the Nidia mod uses the most custom assets, with The Demoness (3 races in one, + vampire variants) right behind it.

naw that mod simply makes that only ur custom race uses animations in different folder. so only u will have idles/movements etc while default races will have default or other animations. thing is i want to use that mod but dont want to lose ability to change the look of char. might end up making my own race what will take pretty much time or use other race and maybe modify it if necessary

naw that mod simply makes that only ur custom race uses animations in different folder. so only u will have idles/movements etc while default races will have default or other animations. thing is i want to use that mod but dont want to lose ability to change the look of char. might end up making my own race what will take pretty much time or use other race and maybe modify it if necessary

Hmm.... not sure why it would mess with customization or other things. But if you try with one of my mods, be sure and let me know if it works or not. I may end up looking into it /shrug

i'll see how everything ends up with bodies,cosmetics,eyes etc. downloaded nidia race, it's quite a pain to reinstall hundreds of mods again expecially texures -_-.and thing is exlusive animation path with latest update got different method, it forces every default race to use new path so u can install ur custom animations at default location.

OMG, I am loving this Frost Elf race. I haven't gotten to try out the other ones yet because I can't stop playing this one.

I did find one small glitch. In first person view I have no hands. Not that big of a deal, but I thought I would mention it.

Thank you so much for sharing. Eventually I will get around to trying your other races, but this one is amazing. That frost effect at night is beautiful.

ended up using Ashen race, heavily modifying it of course, as u, Trykz, work quite a lot with races, i got a questions. is there any faster way to add tints to race than manually adding one by one? and also when we talked earlier about races,chars etc dont remember when and where but we talked, there was problem with custom race eyes if used mods like ECE or radioage's morphs, while editing a lot of stuff on ashen race i noticed that it's possible to change left and right eye tri files, have u tried it and does it work or still have same problem with awkward eyes?

Edit: nvm about tones, found a way how to add them all at once

I'm trying to figure out if it's just me (and I'm pretty sure it is), but I'm getting a CTD when I try to select the moonshadow elf in the racemenu. This only happens when switching to female. The male version comes up fine. I've already tried reinstalling the mod, but it could easily be load order, or almost anything else. Short of starting with a clean install and trying to find and reload 150+ mods, anyone have any idea? Trying to debug skyrim crashes is like trying to divine the motives of a psychopath. ;)

I'm trying to figure out if it's just me (and I'm pretty sure it is)' date=' but I'm getting a CTD when I try to select the moonshadow elf in the racemenu. This only happens when switching to female. The male version comes up fine. I've already tried reinstalling the mod, but it could easily be load order, or almost anything else. Short of starting with a clean install and trying to find and reload 150+ mods, anyone have any idea? Trying to debug skyrim crashes is like trying to divine the motives of a psychopath. ;)

[/quote']

CTS's happens if u have quite a lot of things to load into showracemenu. try disabling some hair/brow/color mods.

CTS's happens if u have quite a lot of things to load into showracemenu. try disabling some hair/brow/color mods.

No color mods, tried removing all but apache hair. I can get into showracemenu and switch nord male to female, so the mods I have loaded don't seem to be the problem. Or at least so I'm guessing. It's *only* the moonshadow race that does this. All the other custom races I have work fine.

No color mods' date=' tried removing all but apache hair. I can get into showracemenu and switch nord male to female, so the mods I have loaded don't seem to be the problem. Or at least so I'm guessing. It's *only* the moonshadow race that does this. All the other custom races I have work fine.

[/quote']

What "other" custom races are you using? And are they fully standalone? As in complete with body meshes, textures, customizations, etc.? I ask because it may be a conflict between two race mods. Which is why I recommend disabling any inactive races unless you really can't live without any that add followers.

Most custom races are having issues with using the racemenu outdoors, because Skyrim's shitbag engine chokes when it tries to load the entire world full of exterior textures instead of just what's necessary.

Try all the recommendations at the bottom of the second post in this thread, and see if it makes a difference for you.