Custom Race Mod - Outdated - Please don't use

I didn't have a look at the CK so I don't really understand what he really does but someone on the nexus wrote this:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21639

Maybe this will help

My mods are pre-built with the vampire keyword baked into their vampire variant (which is all his "fix" adds). It doesn't work like he advertises, and will certainly cause even bigger problems in later save files. He just hasn't experienced them. Yet. But he will.

The Temptress race doesn't use RaceCompatibility. It manually adds the race to the headparts formlists of vanilla races and vampire variants, which causes it to conflict with other races whether they use RaceCompatibility or not. To make matter worse, when you add a race mod that uses RaceCompatibility, it starts doing some pretty weird things like mixing headparts from those races, or switching to another races entirely (like the guy who tried this fix with the Mithra race, and another who tried it with Ashen). Which are the same problems I'm having right now.

The Temptress race also requires the Better Vampires mod, which is almost certain to cause other problems later in the game, as a few of the comments on that guys "fix" already indicate, because it edits the PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex file. Take a look at the Ashen, Lunari, Mithra, Epic Elves, Dryad, or any of the other most endorsed race mods. They are ALL broken thanks to Dawnguard's vampire changes.

On another note, it seems that all of my saves are corrupted. Any character I try to turn into a vampire has some pretty serious issues later in the Dawnguard content. Even my vanilla race characters are experiencing strange issues, such as the eyes not switching, CTD's later in the content, etc.. I'm beginning to think the problem lies in the scripts added by RaceCompatibility. So for now, I've taken my race mods offline until I can sort this mess out.

Needless to say, this is going to take some time given I have 5 released races to fix, as well as those I haven't released yet. I'm going to start by dumping out my entire Skyrim installation to get rid of anything that might cause corruption issues later. I'm only going to keep the raw assets they're built from. EVERYTHING else goes.

After which I'll start rebuilding them. From scratch. Again.

See you in a couple weeks. Or so..... :s

I didn't have a look at the CK so I don't really understand what he really does but someone on the nexus wrote this:

Maybe this will help

My mods are pre-built with the vampire keyword baked into their vampire variant (which is all his "fix" adds). It doesn't work like he advertises' date=' and will certainly cause even bigger problems in later save files. He just hasn't experienced them. Yet. But he will.

The Temptress race doesn't use RaceCompatibility. It manually adds the race to the headparts formlists of vanilla races and vampire variants, which causes it to conflict with other races whether they use RaceCompatibility or not. To make matter worse, when you add a race mod that uses RaceCompatibility, it starts doing some pretty weird things like mixing headparts from those races, or switching to another races entirely (like the guy who tried this fix with the Mithra race, and another who tried it with Ashen). Which are the same problems I'm having right now.

The Temptress race also requires the Better Vampires mod, which is almost certain to cause other problems later in the game, as a few of the comments on that guys "fix" already indicate, because it edits the PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex file. Take a look at the Ashen, Lunari, Mithra, Epic Elves, Dryad, or any of the other most endorsed race mods. They are ALL broken thanks to Dawnguard's vampire changes.

On another note, it seems that all of my saves are corrupted. Any character I try to turn into a vampire has some pretty serious issues later in the Dawnguard content. Even my vanilla race characters are experiencing strange issues, such as the eyes not switching, CTD's later in the content, etc.. I'm beginning to think the problem lies in the scripts added by RaceCompatibility. So for now, I've taken my race mods offline until I can sort this mess out.

Needless to say, this is going to take some time given I have 5 released races to fix, as well as those I haven't released yet. I'm going to start by dumping out my entire Skyrim installation to get rid of anything that might cause corruption issues later. I'm only going to keep the raw assets they're built from. EVERYTHING else goes.

After which I'll start rebuilding them. From scratch. Again.

See you in a couple weeks. Or so..... :s

[/quote']

so u want to say every custom race is broken in dawnguard due to new vampire lord? my guess is that racecompability needs update, vampire lord is like different transformation with some parts from basic vampire so it's not going good with vampire script and causes errors/glitches etc...

so u want to say every custom race is broken in dawnguard due to new vampire lord? my guess is that racecompability needs update' date=' vampire lord is like different transformation with some parts from basic vampire so it's not going good with vampire script and causes errors/glitches etc...

[/quote']

Pretty much, yes.

And you're right, RaceCompatibility definitely needs to be updated. However, the author (expired6978) hasn't replied to any of the reported issues posted on the program page at Nexus, despite still being active there. I can only assume that he's abandoned the program entirely :(

That said, I don't understand why Bethesda can't simply add custom race compatibility right from the start. These issues have been a problem as far back as I can remember, and they've always left it up to modders to bang their heads to find workarounds. On top of that, they do stupid shit that complicates things even further. Like the racial references at various points throughout the game (such as the DB Cook, and Galmar in Windhelm).

Anyhoo..... I just finished re-installing the base game and the Dawnguard DLC. Gonna see if I can salvage any of my vanilla race saves now :(

so u want to say every custom race is broken in dawnguard due to new vampire lord? my guess is that racecompability needs update' date=' vampire lord is like different transformation with some parts from basic vampire so it's not going good with vampire script and causes errors/glitches etc...

[/quote']

Pretty much, yes.

And you're right, RaceCompatibility definitely needs to be updated. However, the author (expired6978) hasn't replied to any of the reported issues posted on the program page at Nexus, despite still being active there. I can only assume that he's abandoned the program entirely :(

That said, I don't understand why Bethesda can't simply add custom race compatibility right from the start. These issues have been a problem as far back as I can remember, and they've always left it up to modders to bang their heads to find workarounds. On top of that, they do stupid shit that complicates things even further. Like the racial references at various points throughout the game (such as the DB Cook, and Galmar in Windhelm).

Anyhoo..... I just finished re-installing the base game and the Dawnguard DLC. Gonna see if I can salvage any of my vanilla race saves now :(

that sux.so i can continue to sit in "live another life" first cell as there's no use to advance in quests. :/ seems like they like to be "trolls" and ruin everything what modding community has done, dunno what it gives to them, orgasm, superior feeling, warm feelings etc...

Just wanted to say: Thanks for all your hard work. :x

You're welcome. Now I just hope I can get everything working properly. And on that note:

I finally got a lot of the basics re-installed, and found an interesting bit of info as I tested each addition with an extremely old save of my original vanilla Nord character. When I installed the latest Apachii hair mods, the racemenu lagged quite a bit while loading my character in. Mind that I had nothing else installed apart from the CHSBHC physics files, the CBBEv3 body replacer, and FNIS 3.1 (for the CHSBHC torch fix), and the racemenu loaded my character in instantly and with ZERO hesitation. But as soon as I installed the Apachii hair mods (the main mod and later add-on pack), it started choking the racemenu.

Also, I've been looking at the Better Vampires mod, reading through the comments on the mod page. So I had a couple of ideas that may or may not work to resolve many (or perhaps all) of the issues I'm currently finding. I going to try the following first to see how it works out:

I have an unreleased race mod packaged as a BSA and ESP. I'm going to re-install The Asteria, and then the custom race. Over that, I'm going to install the Better Vampires mod, create a character of the new race, and start testing.

I'll let you all know how it works out later this evening.

So.....

I have good news and bad news:

the good news is, I think I may have this issue resolved. Here's what I've accomplished so far.....

After a complete re-installation of Skyrim AND the Creation Kit, and a few other mods (including Better Vampires), I decided to test with an unreleased race I've been working on, that never had a vampire variant race, and still doesn't. I loaded up a recent save (from yesterday actually), made a clean save inside Breezehome, and headed off to Fort Dawnguard. After getting the quest to find Serana, I headed to Volkihar Keep with her. I made a fresh save right after getting on shore. Here is where the real testing and experimentation began:

I logged out and made a copy of the latest save, and stashed it in a separate folder for later use. I logged back in on the new save, and headed inside the keep. After going through the dialogue with Lord Harkon, I let him turn me into a vampire lord. After going through the transformation and his remaining dialogue, I received the next quest in the chain. When I approached the NPC who continues the quest, he immediately gave me that line about mortals not being allowed to roam the castle. I immediately logged out.

I then loaded the race into the CK, and added the vampire keyword to the race form. After saving and closing the CK, I loaded up the game, and deleted the saves that were created "after" the save I made when I arrived on shore at the keep. I loaded that save and headed inside with Serana again. Again I went through the bits with Lord Harkon, and let him turn me into a vampire lord. Here's where it gets good:

After transforming, receiving EVERY vampire power I was supposed to have as a vampire, and getting the next part of the quest, I headed off to talk to the next NPC. It worked. He continued the quest as he should, and I received the next quest in the chain. I immediately save the game and logged out again. After swapping out the save folder, I loaded back into the game on the clean save I made inside Breezehome earlier. Only now I had the vampire keyword attached to the race, and was expecting serious issues when I went outside.

As I approached the guard at the gate in Whiterun, he immediately triggered the Dawnguard quest, and made no other comments about vampires. I talked to him multiple times, and he always return the usual generic dialogue. That's where my testing ended for tonight.

I'm going to log in and playtest some of the Dawnguard side, and I'll post my findings tomorrow. If all goes well (as I expect it should), I'll go into a bit more detail, and explain what happens next.

Night all o/

I opened the dawnguard.bsa today and it does have new vampirequest script in there which is probably whats wrong while using the race compatibility and i am not even sure which script skyrim will end up using...is it the one inside the bsa or the one in the script folder? Either way if the race compatibility is not updated then you should not use it anymore.

I do too wish Bethesda does something about it, people have been adding new custom races since morrowind and they have never took that into consideration when making new releases.

I opened the dawnguard.bsa today and it does have new vampirequest script in there which is probably whats wrong while using the race compatibility and i am not even sure which script skyrim will end up using...is it the one inside the bsa or the one in the script folder? Either way if the race compatibility is not updated then you should not use it anymore.

I do too wish Bethesda does something about it' date=' people have been adding new custom races since morrowind and they have never took that into consideration when making new releases.

[/quote']

could be that dawnguards vampire quest is same as previous one but maybe updated?

jan:

Dawnguard's PlayerVampireQuestScript was compiled and added to the BSA without any Source files. So there's no telling what they changed in there :(

I do too wish Bethesda does something about it' date=' people have been adding new custom races since morrowind and they have never took that into consideration when making new releases.

[/quote']

The problem isn't exactly RaceCompatibility. It's kind of a toss-up between RaceCompatibility, and Bethesda's ignorance toward race mod compatibility. RaceCompatibility works as it's supposed to (for the most part), and dynamically adds the race to the headparts formlists of the vanilla races. But once you add a second race to the Data folder, it apparently doesn't discern it as a custom race which also uses RaceCompatibility, and should ignore it's headparts lists. In other words, it isn't designed to work with "other" custom races (this is confirmed by simply loading two races into the data folder, and becoming a vampire, which is what triggers the headparts mix-up).

If you consider the differences between the vampire and werewolf mechanics, the reason why custom races conflict as vampires becomes clear. Werewolves don't use the playable race headparts formlists, but vampires do. Beast Form transformations are a scripted event, not unlike the Polymorph Skeever spell, where a script tells the game what race to transform the player into, and to store the current raceform information for the transformation back. Therein lies the problem. Vampires don't "transform" as werewolves do, because vampirism is permanent and beast form isn't. Basically, werewolf transformation is a glorified Polymorph Skeever event, with it's own set of temporary variables that get unloaded after a period of uninterrupted time (the interrupt trigger being the feeding to extend the transformation).

But I wish it were as simple as not using RaceCompatibility. Because not using it won't make any difference, other than I'll be required to manually add my races to countless headparts lists (for hair, eyes, mesh based customizations, etc.). That's a LOT of manual work for absolutely no gain, because now the race will conflict in even worse ways than just mixing up headparts when becoming a vampire. The program works as advertised, just not "perfectly". However, I have come up with a permanent solution for my races, which I'll detail in my next post shortly.....

Just gonna have some coffee and a smoke to wake me up :P

jan:

Dawnguard's PlayerVampireQuestScript was compiled and added to the BSA without any Source files. So there's no telling what they changed in there :(

[/quote']

The problem isn't exactly RaceCompatibility. It's kind of a toss-up between RaceCompatibility, and Bethesda's ignorance toward race mod compatibility. RaceCompatibility works as it's supposed to (for the most part), and dynamically adds the race to the headparts formlists of the vanilla races. But once you add a second race to the Data folder, it apparently doesn't discern it as a custom race which also uses RaceCompatibility, and should ignore it's headparts lists. In other words, it isn't designed to work with "other" custom races (this is confirmed by simply loading two races into the data folder, and becoming a vampire, which is what triggers the headparts mix-up).

If you consider the differences between the vampire and werewolf mechanics, the reason why custom races conflict as vampires becomes clear. Werewolves don't use the playable race headparts formlists, but vampires do. Beast Form transformations are a scripted event, not unlike the Polymorph Skeever spell, where a script tells the game what race to transform the player into, and to store the current raceform information for the transformation back. Therein lies the problem. Vampires don't "transform" as werewolves do, because vampirism is permanent and beast form isn't. Basically, werewolf transformation is a glorified Polymorph Skeever event, with it's own set of temporary variables that get unloaded after a period of uninterrupted time (the interrupt trigger being the feeding to extend the transformation).

But I wish it were as simple as not using RaceCompatibility. Because not using it won't make any difference, other than I'll be required to manually add my races to countless headparts lists (for hair, eyes, mesh based customizations, etc.). That's a LOT of manual work for absolutely no gain, because now the race will conflict in even worse ways than just mixing up headparts when becoming a vampire. The program works as advertised, just not "perfectly". However, I have come up with a permanent solution for my races, which I'll detail in my next post shortly.....

Just gonna have some coffee and a smoke to wake me up :P

since only program (known to me) which converts pex to psc is quite useless as it messes up the code when converted there's no way to find what was added without spending quite a lot of time studying and correcting it.

So here's what I've discovered so far, and what I currently plan to do about it:

After playing a bit late last night on the clean non-vampire save I made in Breezehome, I found that although the Whiterun guards don't hint at the player being a vampire, other NPCs do. On my way to Dawnguard Keep, I encountered two Vigilants of Stendarr. One of which gave me that remark about not liking my eyes. Serana also had some different dialogue for me in the cave, asking why I had trouble "recognizing my own kind". I was however, able to continue the quest and head for Volkihar Keep, where Lord harkon proceeded though his bit normally. I was able to reject his "gift", and was immediately banished from the keep as normal.

So adding the vampire keyword, while a solution for resolving the Dawnguard incompatibility issues for vampires is a solution only fitting to vampires, it really kills immersion for non-vampire players. So here's what I intend to do:

First, I need to reload each of my races back into the CK and remove their vampire counterpart races. Which requires deleting the race controller, and recompiling it without the vampire counterpart. The only downside of this, is that it also removes the vanilla style vampire transformation (the sunken cheeks, lightened skintone, vampire eye swap, etc.). Losing the eye swap was the only thing that bothered me. But I have plans to resolve that as well. Once the recompile is done, I'll save the ESP without the vampire keyword attached for non-vampire players.

Next, I'll copy out the ESP, and reload the race back into the CK to add the vampire keyword for vampire players. Then I'm going to make Serana's vampire eyes available to my races, so they'll be selectable in the racemenu at character creation for those who pre-determine that they want to play as a vampire. You can select them later in the racemenu, but I DO NOT recommend that for the usual reasons.

So basically, this is how things will work from here on:

If you don't want to play as a vampire, simply install the mod normally and go, ignoring the optional vampire ESP I'll be including in a separate (Vampire) folder. Siding with the Dawnguard will progress normally, and you won't get any remarks about eyes, etc..

If you want to play as a vampire, with full Dawnguard vampire compatibility, simply replace the ESP in the main package with the one from the (Vampire) folder, install normally, and you're almost set. You will however need to download the Better Vampires mod (which MUST be loaded AFTER my races in the load order). It's author is very active, so it should be kept regularly updated for the foreseeable future. It's also an extremely fun way to play as a vampire, with innumerable improvements over the vanilla vampire mechanics, as well as a number of selectable options to tailor the vampire experience. I don't normally play as a vampire, but I genuinely enjoyed the time I tested all this playing as one.

So that's the basic gist of it. No more vampire variants. Which saves me a bit of work, but requires revamping all of my mods, which I'm in the process of doing anyway.

I have one more test to run, and I can get back to where I was before Dawnguard created all this havoc. I need to load in two more races to make sure there are no compatibility issues. I want to try another of my own races, and at least one created by another modder. I'm thinking I'll try this one, since it seems to have no vampire counterpart (haven't confirmed this yet, but it's easy enough to remove if it does). I suspect it may have been built without RaceCompatibility, so I'll likely need to revamp it my way after I dump out the unnecessary stuff.

I'll try to post back my final findings later tonight.

o/

As I suspected, the Lunari race had no vampire counterpart to deal with, so what I needed to do in the CK went rather quickly, saving me a bunch of time. I did however need to make it compatible in RaceCompatibility, so it would have access to any installed hairpacks, customization options, etc..

For this test I rolled a brand new character in the LAL mod, and selected Breezehome to start the game in. Here's how it went:

Arriving inside Breezehome, I cheated this character to level 9, and set up combat skills appropriate for the level. I then added one of my private armor mash-ups for her to wear, and a suitable set of weapons for a Master Mode character to use. I then configured Better Vampires to add Sanguinaire Vampiris and waited the three days. The change happened as expected (albeit without the uglification :P), and she became a vampire, with all of the abilities a "better vampire" is supposed to have.

I saved the game and headed out into Whiterun to complete the LAL quest, eventually triggering the sequence in the cave where I elected to rescue Ralof and accompany him to Riverwood. Everything went as expected. We exited the cave and the LAL quest completed. We proceeded to Riverwood where Gerdur sent me off to see Jarl Balgruf, thus kicking off the main quest line. Oddly, the Orc who triggers the Dawnguard quest line was in Riverwood when I arrived, triggering that quest line as well. I headed to Whiterun where I saved and logged out of the game until later.

The important thing to note here, is that when my character transformed into a vampire using the Better Vampires mod, NOTHING bad happened :P

no mixed headparts

no race changing to a different installed race (I have 3 running all at once during these tests, and I plan to add 2 more before I write this off as resolved)

NO conflicts whatsoever

I need to run a few more tests with a couple of my other races installed. If all goes well (as I expect it should), I'll get down to the business of converting my currently released races for Dawnguard compatibility.

If you currently have one of my races installed, and DO NOT have or want to get Dawnguard yet, you can safely continue using that version for now. But I will no longer be supporting them after they're all converted for Dawnguard (meaning I won't edit and re-upload them). I will however, help with issues whenever I can.

The new versions will surely have issues with old saves (as mine did), but they CAN be salvaged with a little work using a lot of console commands. These commands are required because the ONLY way to salvage your old saves is to reset the race through the racemenu. The TGM (god mode) command WILL NOT preserve them, AND retain the newly reset race parameters. If you change the race while under TGM, the race will revert back on the next load leaving your character headless.

I'll detail the process for editing your skills through the console once I start getting things back in order, and ready to re-upload.

I plan to test through this evening, so I'll report any news tomorrow morning. After which I'll get to work in the CK.

o/

I understand now...one question thou' date=' currently i am playing my Moonshadow elf but i have no intention of becoming vampire or vampire lord i am safe to play right?

As for the scripts i am sure Bethesda will release the source files but who knows when ...>.<

[/quote']

You should be fine to continue using the version you have. Come to think of it, if you decided you want to try playing as a vampire, you could work around the headparts issues by simply deactivating any other race mods you currently have installed, leaving Moonshadow Elves as the only active custom race. The down side is that any custom race followers you may have will no longer be available.

Had it not been for playing my Dovahteen test character through Dawnguard (and being turned by Lord Harkon), I'd still be completely oblivious to any of this.

Anyway, I just added DovahTeenElves to the mix for testing. I need to re-script them, and then repack the BSA with the new race controller. This addition puts my test list at a current total of 6 custom races, all actively loaded and running concurrently. I chose this mod next, because it uses a custom ear mesh as an additional headpart which all three Elven races share. They also share the same body, head, and faceparts. So if there's going to be an issue, it should present itself during this next round of testing.

Next will be DovahTeens, likely sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening. That will be the ultimate test of 10 individual custom races (from 5 separate mods) all loaded and running concurrently, for a total of 20 playable races when you count in the 10 vanilla races. I intend to REALLY push this as far as I can. Because I haven't added ANY of the currently released races into the mix yet.

If anyone's going to break their game completely, it'll be me before anyone else. I always wanted to be first at something :P

edit: because I always forget about the lizards, cats, and oogly ass Orcs :P

Not sure if I am just not to the right part yet, but I have been playing my moonshadow elf in the dawnguard quest line and haven't had any issues so far. I even have other custom races activated. No issues at all so far (except for the fact that I don't like the sunken in cheeks). Became Vampire Lord, got chalice and am on my way to fill it up now. Am I just not far enough along yet? My understanding was that after you became a vampire lord, you couldn't get the chalice because they still thought you were mortal and wouldn't talk to you. I didn't get that. Everyone talked to me just fine.

On another note, is Better Vampires better than Belua Sanguinare Revisited - Dynamic Vampires? I have been thinking about getting one of them and was leaning towards Belua Sanguinare, but thought maybe you had some thoughts as to why one was better than the other. I've never tried any vampire or werewolf mods.

Not sure if I am just not to the right part yet' date=' but I have been playing my moonshadow elf in the dawnguard quest line and haven't had any issues so far. I even have other custom races activated. No issues at all so far (except for the fact that I don't like the sunken in cheeks). Became Vampire Lord, got chalice and am on my way to fill it up now. Am I just not far enough along yet? My understanding was that after you became a vampire lord, you couldn't get the chalice because they still thought you were mortal and wouldn't talk to you. I didn't get that. Everyone talked to me just fine.

On another note, is Better Vampires better than Belua Sanguinare Revisited - Dynamic Vampires? I have been thinking about getting one of them and was leaning towards Belua Sanguinare, but thought maybe you had some thoughts as to why one was better than the other. I've never tried any vampire or werewolf mods.

[/quote']

It could just be that Moonshadow Elves is somehow avoiding the issue. Though I have no explanation for why or how. Very odd indeed.

As far as vampire mods go, I haven't tried the one you mention. So I'm not entirely sure what it does with the PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex, if anything. But I can tell you this:

I never liked playing as a vanilla vampire. Bethesda has them completely ass-backward in their progression and mechanics, so I've avoided playing as one entirely. But Better vampires thoroughly corrects the Bethesda blunder, and I've TRULY enjoyed what I've played thus far. Aaaaaanndd.... in Better Vampires, you have the option of foregoing the visual effects, and your character remains as it was before you became a vampire :D

I've played dozens of characters as werewolves. And I can at least say that in that respect, Bethesda did a pretty decent job. It could always be better, but I suspect the new werewolf perk abilities will be a vast improvement.

Well, I'm definitely not complaining for not having issues. LOL. It is weird though. Lucky me I guess. I did forget to mention the one and only glitch I have had with my moonshadow vampire. Her eyes didn't change. That is it though.

Well, if you ever get a chance, you may want to check out the other vampire mod I mentioned. It looks really cool and seems to be extremely popular. Looks like they put a lot of research into it. I am still on the fence about which one to try. I imagine they are probably both really good.

dunno if this mod works but i came across this while surfing "dawnguard" content in nexus. havent tried that why no info if works

That's a "dirty fix", and I requested that the Moonshadow Elves ESP be removed immediately. He never asked me for permission to upload it on Nexus. So thanks for pointing it out jan :)

edit: what an idiot. He used the broken Killcam ESP from the original Moonshadow Elves mod LOL

dunno if this mod works but i came across this while surfing "dawnguard" content in nexus. havent tried that why no info if works

That's a "dirty fix"' date=' and I requested that the Moonshadow Elves ESP be removed immediately. He never asked me for permission to upload it on Nexus. So thanks for pointing it out jan :)

edit: what an idiot. He used the broken Killcam ESP from the original Moonshadow Elves mod LOL

[/quote']

Lol about that :D. well i gave a shot to this try, modified my own esp file, Serena pointed out that i was vampire, few NPCs did same, tho Harkon didnt give a s**t who i am lol. if i'm right he should have offered dialogue line where i'm lesser vampire/werewolf and about this VL thingy overhelming it... tho worst part for me is that im using ran's tri files and i need less sunken cheeks for that mod else my char looks like a little girl who's sad and ate whole lemon at once, kinda hilarious and terrifying look at same time lol

Lol about that :D. well i gave a shot to this try' date=' modified my own esp file, Serena pointed out that i was vampire, few NPCs did same, tho Harkon didnt give a s**t who i am lol. if i'm right he should have offered dialogue line where i'm lesser vampire/werewolf and about this VL thingy overhelming it... tho worst part for me is that im using ran's tri files and i need less sunken cheeks for that mod else my char looks like a little girl who's sad and ate whole lemon at once, kinda hilarious and terrifying look at same time lol

[/quote']

LOL.... I'm sure you'll sort it eventually.

On another note, I now have a total of 10 custom races all working together flawlessly in a single Skyrim installation, along with the 10 vanilla races.

I added Dovahteens this morning after a bit of work in the CK, loaded up an older Dovahteen character save from just before I re-installed, and it worked perfectly. I had to reset her hair (which I wanted to do anyway) because she was bald when I logged in. I also tested creating a new character in the Live Another Life mod, and that went perfectly as well. The racemenu lagged for about 2 seconds, but selecting Nord female then backing up to the race selection went very smoothly.

As I cycled through the race selection, I was very surprised at how quickly the racemenu was responding. I'm beginning to think that Bethesda may have snuck in some engine tweaks and optimizations with Dawnguard. I haven't tried creating a new character in Helgen yet, so that may tell an entirely different story. But I have entered the racemenu while outdoors a few times. It lags, but it eventually kicks in and works.

This round of testing completes everything I wanted to achieve, and exceeds my expectations quite a bit. Once I get my Data folder cleared out of all the WIP race mods I currently have installed, I'm going to start with getting Moonshadow Elves, Frost Elves, The Demoness, Nidia, and The Guardians all upgraded and compatible with Dawnguard before I release anything else.

Just keep in mind that these newly upgraded mods will come with a few new requirements. Once I have everything ready to re-upload to MediaFire, I'm going to be deleting this thread as it's grown far too big, with a lot of important bits of information scattered throughout that I want to consolidate. I'll be creating a new thread with everything you'll need to know about installing and using these and any future race mods I release.

And thank you all for your patience as I sort this mess out :)

Trykz

Lol about that :D. well i gave a shot to this try' date=' modified my own esp file, Serena pointed out that i was vampire, few NPCs did same, tho Harkon didnt give a s**t who i am lol. if i'm right he should have offered dialogue line where i'm lesser vampire/werewolf and about this VL thingy overhelming it... tho worst part for me is that im using ran's tri files and i need less sunken cheeks for that mod else my char looks like a little girl who's sad and ate whole lemon at once, kinda hilarious and terrifying look at same time lol

[/quote']

LOL.... I'm sure you'll sort it eventually.

On another note, I now have a total of 10 custom races all working together flawlessly in a single Skyrim installation, along with the 10 vanilla races.

I added Dovahteens this morning after a bit of work in the CK, loaded up an older Dovahteen character save from just before I re-installed, and it worked perfectly. I had to reset her hair (which I wanted to do anyway) because she was bald when I logged in. I also tested creating a new character in the Live Another Life mod, and that went perfectly as well. The racemenu lagged for about 2 seconds, but selecting Nord female then backing up to the race selection went very smoothly.

As I cycled through the race selection, I was very surprised at how quickly the racemenu was responding. I'm beginning to think that Bethesda may have snuck in some engine tweaks and optimizations with Dawnguard. I haven't tried creating a new character in Helgen yet, so that may tell an entirely different story. But I have entered the racemenu while outdoors a few times. It lags, but it eventually kicks in and works.

This round of testing completes everything I wanted to achieve, and exceeds my expectations quite a bit. Once I get my Data folder cleared out of all the WIP race mods I currently have installed, I'm going to start with getting Moonshadow Elves, Frost Elves, The Demoness, Nidia, and The Guardians all upgraded and compatible with Dawnguard before I release anything else.

Just keep in mind that these newly upgraded mods will come with a few new requirements. Once I have everything ready to re-upload to MediaFire, I'm going to be deleting this thread as it's grown far too big, with a lot of important bits of information scattered throughout that I want to consolidate. I'll be creating a new thread with everything you'll need to know about installing and using these and any future race mods I release.

And thank you all for your patience as I sort this mess out :)

Trykz

quite curious, what did u do to sort it out for custom races? i'm not the "MEMO reader" type so quite lazy to go thru last few pages :P