9 hours ago, Lucia1 said:

Kiri - I think you're so confused because you're trying to run before you can walk.  Skyrim modding is absurdly complicated, with years and years of assumptions baked in that are pretty brutal for a newcomer.  When it all works, it's amazing.  But that's rare and takes a LOT of time to set up.  Most of us get a crashy game that's still fun and tailored to us.  This is why wabbajack is so cool - one page of directions, a few hours, and you're golden. 

But if you insist, start over.  Use Mod Organizer instead of Vortex.

You're right about my pace. I started out loading one at a time, testing to see it it would run. After a few consistent error messages, I got angry- ended up driving it into the wall. It's going to take a long patience method.

I've modded games before, most recently Harebrained Schemes' Battletech...which was comparatively easy to Skyrim. In fact I'd say, I'm glad someone made these loaders, or it might be nearly impossible to load these mods at all. Even some of the large-scale Battletech conversions I was able to load by hand, with clear instructions on where to put everything, and it's been running clean for a long time.

I've had several people recommend M.O. The problem is, for some mods I wanted to load, M.O. acted liked the required files from Nexus weren't even valid mods, but yet Vortex had no issues on the install. I have to go with the performance I see on that, despite the good word I hear about M.O.

Also, because of that error pop-up on the SKSE Plugin Loader, I have had a dead game for nearly a week now. Since no one can tell me how to fix it, especially since it's looking for phantom files that aren't even on my C-drive, my past experience with with modding games tells me that's the point where you fresh install, or risk messing things up even worse.

What's good to see is that with a proper install process, DLS will work for me. I had it going pretty well, and it was pretty sexy and nice, until something else broke...?

ScreenShot549.png.a3a2cb5c975b290e5c923e7bab13a10f.pngScreenShot550.png.7c6680190e4938d9fab1badd32c5d78a.pngScreenShot551.png.b0d3370d6be08de8f85fdbf4a273abdc.pngScreenShot553.png.723335a7ce64eb909d4b98e51eb26111.png

I thought I'd put what I learned tonight on a post.

I've can get DLS to run and craft just fine. I just got Kiri into the huge, white plastic pants I've been wanting for her.

They look really good; the side seams on the pants are a nice touch.

The elastic waistband and leg holes are nicely detailed for the rubber banding.

The vinyl has a slight shine, but not too much; sort of like the Gerber brand with embossed plastic. They're thick and sleek, and catch the direct lighting well.

I like how the pants make Kiri's ass stick out. It'll be very exciting to get into some deep dungeons in these wonderfully perverted things, or jailed for running around in town in them. Hopefully some slave gear (collar, fetters) from DD, or elsewhere, will play nice with these pants.

I got it to go smoother loading with MO instead of Vortex, despite an initial bad experience.

The problem is that I am stuck in the paper doll pose, with no animations.

I've narrowed my issue down to the XP32 Maximum Skeleton; a requirement for the UNP HDT. At least it's playing nicer now...in a Vortex load, the XP32 was having bad file conflicts with the SOS Body.

If I try to run the game without XP32 Maximum Skeleton, it will instantly crash to desktop when I try to put on an item from DLS.

BUT...

I've noticed your written requirements for DLS lists "UNP HDT or CBBE (Curvy) HDT". I take that to mean the CBBE HDT can be optionally used in place of the UNP HDT.

So far, I have only loaded the UNP HDT, because 'curvy' wasn't something I care for, but my next attempt will be to yank out the UNP HDT and its required files, and see if the other will work for me...I just don't know how operationally different UNP HDT and CBBE HDT are from one another.

So, I tried it the other way. I loaded CBBE HDT instead.

Same thing results: I can run the game with the diapers and pants loaded, but no animations at all.

Mod Organizer is recognizing a lot of these required files from Nexus as bad or inoperable, so right now, getting the DLS to work with normal character animation is looking really hopeless.

I'm spent on this for now.

Later on, I'll remove everything from M.O, and try Wabbajack. If that doesn't work, I have no idea what to do.

21 hours ago, Exploited Kiri said:

I got FNIS 64 going, but now look at this. The error details are hinting this is not an antivirus issue.

Run MO2 as Administrator so FNIS can also run as Administrator:

Right click on your Mod Organizer icon on your desktop, then 'Run as Administrator' (See option 3 in this guide for more details, or alternatives)

(You have to because your Skyrim is installed into "Program Files"-- this is why people recommend changing the Steam Library directory so games don't end up within a protected Windows directory)

22 hours ago, Baby Lola said:

Run MO2 as Administrator so FNIS can also run as Administrator:

Right click on your Mod Organizer icon on your desktop, then 'Run as Administrator' (See option 3 in this guide for more details, or alternatives)

(You have to because your Skyrim is installed into "Program Files"-- this is why people recommend changing the Steam Library directory so games don't end up within a protected Windows directory)

Yeah...see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYEAnTdZb-s&t=0

That's the problem. After multiple nights of screwing around with FNIS I'm just finding out now in a video tutorial that this thing may not work at all in a programs folder.

Is this my issue? I sure hope so, but I was prompted for admin rights in the install (which is really stupid, because I game on a profile that IS an admin ID.

That's one thing I'm finding...I'm stumbling because I'm a new player and mod user, but like I said, I'm not new to game modding in general. It's just that Skyrim seems really hard to mod, and the community is not giving enough universal information.

Some videos sidetrack...(no...don't lead me off on something else, finish what you were going to show me first). I'll go through this vid, since it mentions moving the directory. Hopefully it will actually show it, or lead me to a good link.

3 hours ago, Exploited Kiri said:

It's just that Skyrim seems really hard to mod, and the community is not giving enough universal information.

Yep... You're 100% correct. There's multiple ways to achieve the same thing and everyone has an opinion on what's the "right" way.

If you're starting over again, you may find my guide helpful: ABDL's Beginners Guide to Modding Skyrim. You'll need to become a Little Space club member (free), links in my signature.

It has which mods you need. Once you have a basic working game going (which includes diapers), you can start to add mods to it.

5 minutes ago, DataRoxas1337 said:

/CW Rant about modders

Yah, you are right, modder's do come first, and as Im seeing it, you aren't modding much anymore. if you are making it open source,models, rights and all, great. otherwise, kindly sit down, and let the community do the talking instead of listing off rules left and right and making me out to be the bad guy because you don't want to update it anymore. its fine if you don't want to work on updates anymore, its tiring, I get it. I said it with hostility during a mood swing, that I will own.

if you are making it open source,models, rights and all, great. otherwise, let me tell you what made me actually made me mad, right now, give you a tour through it all.

/CW RANT

Kindly sit down in a chair my friend, and let the community do the talking instead of listing off rules left and right and making yourself look like you came out of a factory. My reasoning? Well, this is why, you don't want to update it anymore and specified it's 6 years old. And thinking you are the modder here, well you just made my arguement tighter, you aren't the modder if I have to modify files to get them to fit body types. Unless you are currently modding AND updating mods, and/or making this open source, you don't come first, because you aren't a modder anymore. You said it was six years old, you dont come first anymore. Making exclusive clubs to ward off trolls, thats what a community does. what have you done? You don't even endorse other people's modifications, you wave a like button around like a flag, like the losers who liked your post. You aren't a modder, you are a fucking fraud who could have ended it with "hey that was rude". You remind me of a certain some-one, sitting on 8k a month from a text adventure with diaper content slapped on with another label, and 8k a month from the former. The fact you can be so pretentious without even trying is absolutely seething. Use your brain before you typed, and this would have ended with "yah Im sorry, that was rude, I was in a bad mood". Take that to the bank, you aren't allowed to talk down, when I'm 6'3 and your morals are questionable at best. critizice me with how hard it is, great all valid. start pointing at yourself like a hero, it'll piss me off, and you will realize you are just another jaded person on the internet, just like me.

/CW RANT OVER

with all of that being said, creative freedoms would be nice, but without mesh files, and the knowledge to work around your meshes, I can't do much on my own. I'll just make my own mod, sorry for the trouble. /sarcasm

and one last thing, you dont know me, but I dont like you, never did. I dont like 50 thousand dependencies just because you can't get a stick out of your ass for five seconds. you aren't a modder anymore, so stop pretending to be one. not that it will matter, spite is a great motivator, but I have something better and spite to boot. thank you for making my day better.

how many community members do you know who give critiques and ideas for free huh? fuck you. I dont know when to quit, damn straight. but I wont let people come in here and think all of this is "being a jerk" when my ideas, and constructive critisicm were never taken until some other modder did something. You ain't shit. get the hell out of  a community you have no place in. You aren't a modder, and you aren't even part of the community, you give nothing but complaints, and nothing new, and porting is done for your princess ass. Ideas and constructive critisicm, been there done that, and even got somewhere with it to, but not on the mod I posted on. Y aren't a modder. and I need to stress that until it gets through to your head that maybe you are the problem, and I need to scream because my brain is adhd as fuck, and I wont get banned without everyone seeing my logic, for all the good that does in my brain. all you had to do was remove dead links, and say "hey that was a bit hurtful, heres why". You didn't even have to mod to fix that problem. Its great your proud of your ruffles in blender, that shit is hard, but maybe you should be proud of your ego. Get down, or lay down. The skyrim community isn't the problem, the abdl community isn't the problem, I'm not hte problem. its people like you who require hard-dependancies because 'afraid of my ideas being stolen' when you dont update it, in your words, for 6 years. Anything you've made so far has been done before in other games. you aren't original, you haven't done anything new, you have hard dependencies. Get back to me when you actually can think and be mad at the same time.

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

From the description, for anyone who likes to tinker:

Permissions: Re-makes, touch-ups, fixes, expansions, new body mods, and the like are permitted (and encouraged) without attribution or notice so long as you aren't profiting financially from them. You can even port them to other games. This is a (particular) community service. Caveat: You may not port them for underage individuals. While these could be seen as innocuous, it's a fine line, and there are enough idiots who think that this fetish has anything to do with that.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:23 PM, KappaLima said:

May I ask why we cant see the mods in your signature anymore? They look cute. :(

@Lucia1 Thank you for this great mod, by the way. After 6 years, still have it in my LO.

They're accessible to Club Members, so you'll be able to access them now :innocent:

On 6/22/2022 at 11:23 AM, KappaLima said:

May I ask why we cant see the mods in your signature anymore? They look cute. :(

@Lucia1 Thank you for this great mod, by the way. After 6 years, still have it in my LO.

Thanks, KappaLima.  You're in for a treat with the mods on LittleSpace - enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 7:54 PM, braxton3451 said:

I cant seem to get it to run properly, (i am on SE if it matters) when i equip any of the items, game instantly hard crashes. not sure why.

I got similar.

If you're new to modding Skyrim like I am, installing mods in this game is like that one advanced, college computer course you were dreading.

I'm not saying that to scare you off- I've modded other PC games for at least the past 20 years, but this game has a very high learning curve to mod it- the community suffers from incongruities on how to successfully mod the vanilla game. Not everyone gives all the info you need. I think part of it comes down to that little things crack your game may work for others, simply because of game editions, or hardware differences (don't quote me on that last part).

I picked up a copy of Special Edition in early June...SE does matter- this ideally is the version you want to mod, or you can downgrade Anniversary Edition to mod it like SE. See the first part of this video for that.

After multiple tries to install mods, including this awesome DL mod, I set the game aside for a bit, to collect myself and come back to it when I felt up to it.

The problem with installing mods in Skyrim isn't that hard...what is hard is installing mods that don't break other mods in your game, and this DL Skyrim and other community mods also have prerequisite mods to get them to work right.

After a lot of tries, I think my problem is a fundamental one; a consensus I got researching the community material is that some of this just won't run if the game is in the usual Program Files (x86). You have to move Skyrim's directory out of programs entirely; for Steam users that bought Skyrim from there, that means moving Steam of out Program Files as well. To do that without turning your registry into a horrific FUBAR, this video was factual, and got me to run other Steam games just fine, after sliding Steam out onto the C drive on its own.

You're probably crashing when trying to put on diapers, or rubber, vinyl pants, etc. because one of the needed mods is breaking inside Program Files, which I'm now pretty sure was my problem all along.

I've got SE fresh installed, and I'm ready to make another go at it this week. If my issues truly are pesky problems with mods not playing well inside Program Files (x86), I may finally get this thing going.

Edited by Exploited Kiri
17 hours ago, Exploited Kiri said:

You're probably crashing when trying to put on diapers, or rubber, vinyl pants, etc. because one of the needed mods is breaking inside Program Files, which I'm now pretty sure was my problem all along.

My hunch is that you're close, Exploited Kiri.  Specifically, check out the skeleton.   Skyrim likes to dump the user to the desktop when it looks for a bone that isn't there or is different somehow.  The XM32 skeleton upgraded, which might be causing it if it changed the bones in a significant way.  You might try getting an older version; there's a 2019 one on Nexus that might solve the issue.  If someone can confirm that this is the issue, I may try to make a version without physics to avoid all the hassle.  (Reweighting and testing 8 diapers would take days of work that I don't have), though if someone does, they're welcome to).