[Unity-3D , 3D-Adventure]Abandoned : A tale of forgotten lives (version 1.00 Final))

Maybe a good compromise for the fight scene camera is to add one more button.

Maybe HOME key on the keyboard (or another).

When pressed, it puts the camera above the main char's head to reset the camera location.

In case the camera does:

1) stuck outside the map.

2) not able to rotate correctly.

3) making it easier for the player (user) to see again if the camera is too high up.

And of course, when it resets.

Make sure you turn on or off the F button function (maybe won't be an issue, but something to keep in mind when testing).

Mhh.. good idea.. i just have to think about a way how to implement this.

And of course the reference to the current selected allied char for the position.

And the home key is a good idea :D

If you wanna go bold.

How about a real time fight.

Since you know how the girls follow the main char.

You could just have repair doids that attack follow the main char the same way.

The shooting part.

You'll just need to create a hit box that extends from the tip of the gun.

And when you shoot, the hit box has to detect the collision of the hit box of the machine, or back ground object (ie. boxes, walls, railing, staircase, etc.)

Then when hit, you can do a 2D spark animation (since it's always facing towards the camera, it will always look ok).

Yup, this will be harder, but not impossible.

-----

Also, your game has a feeling of isolation (hence deep in outer space and mysterious hidden asteroid outpost).

I like this feeling.

Don't know if you're aware of the feeling the game gives off.

-----

I commend you on the science you may intended or not.

The large containers of water, is a nice touch.

If you're interested in science, make the asteroid noted as an M-Type asteroid (metallic), hence the outpost is stable in a metallic asteroid.

If you want to add a little more hard sci-fi feel to it.

Another thing you could do for hard sci-fi.

The steam coming out of the vents would eventually disappear after the life support has been on for a while.

The steam I'm guessing is water vapor that condense when the station froze without life support on (up to you).

and more sex machines i see :P so 2 sentient sex machines are put on other sex machines? why can't i say i feel sorry for 'm as even if they can think they literally are made for those machines. dunno if they like it but something tells me Vic does like such :P

who the fuck in the world create such machina like that ?

what a giant perv this person should be .... daaaaaaaaaamn .. poor girls :D

and more sex machines i see :P so 2 sentient sex machines are put on other sex machines? why can't i say i feel sorry for 'm as even if they can think they literally are made for those machines. dunno if they like it but something tells me Vic does like such :P

Well i am sorry... just my fetisch telling my mind to do things.

I am a weirdo... srsly..

Okay.. but i can do this.,. i am able to not think about girls bound to a machine and gently stimulated by... no.. i shall not think about this.. i have to resist.

If you wanna go bold.

How about a real time fight.

Since you know how the girls follow the main char.

You could just have repair doids that attack follow the main char the same way.

The shooting part.

You'll just need to create a hit box that extends from the tip of the gun.

And when you shoot, the hit box has to detect the collision of the hit box of the machine, or back ground object (ie. boxes, walls, railing, staircase, etc.)

Then when hit, you can do a 2D spark animation (since it's always facing towards the camera, it will always look ok).

Yup, this will be harder, but not impossible.

-----

Also, your game has a feeling of isolation (hence deep in outer space and mysterious hidden asteroid outpost).

I like this feeling.

Don't know if you're aware of the feeling the game gives off.

-----

I commend you on the science you may intended or not.

The large containers of water, is a nice touch.

If you're interested in science, make the asteroid noted as an M-Type asteroid (metallic), hence the outpost is stable in a metallic asteroid.

If you want to add a little more hard sci-fi feel to it.

Another thing you could do for hard sci-fi.

The steam coming out of the vents would eventually disappear after the life support has been on for a while.

The steam I'm guessing is water vapor that condense when the station froze without life support on (up to you).

so much ideas.. and only a few hours every weekend to do stuff ... arggs.. maybe i do it in the next game okay xD

dude, damn, you can put anything you want on the game i m on ^^

and fuck the girls (literally) .. i mean.. if we wasnt here, they will probably never wake up (vivian) or evolve or whatever for aemi.. so... they can take everything yeah  ? XD

and it sound like we probably get caught in this asteroid forever , so, damn.. we need some distraction too :D

Oh my... i suck at game design.. big time.. >.<

(Especially if i have barely time for my game... stupid real life... good graphic and stunning physics... but the gameplay is just awful!)

Anyway.. i am still alive and i do slow progress.

I have at least completed the basic game logic for the poker game (I bet i do it wrong somehow.. i never played real poker in my life) as well as the AI behaviour and now i have to create all the events.

AATOFL_PokerTable.PNG

I do not proudly present.. the game UI.. (change cards at the start of every round)

AATOFL_PokerGameVictorsCardsRedyTOExchan

Well Aemi.. at least you are with me..

AATOFL_gifAemiATpokertable.gif

A question to the one who knows how to play poker. If you do *Hold* (meaning you do not raise the money everyone has to give to the pot.. i hope..) do you always have to hold afterwards or can you do a raise again ?

Maybe this will help, Basic Poker Rules

I don't play poker, myself, never really cared for it.  I was more of a Blackjack player myself.

I don't think "Hold" is what you do in Poker, but I dunno for sure.  Check the basic rules and see if that helps.  There are some other guides out there that might help too.  I think you mean "Call" by the way.

I think during the betting portion, you have either the option to bet, call or fold.  I don't think you have any other option. 

I don't play poker, myself, never really cared for it.  I was more of a Blackjack player myself.

I don't think "Hold" is what you do in Poker, but I dunno for sure.  Check the basic rules and see if that helps.  There are some other guides out there that might help too.  I think you mean "Call" by the way.

I think during the betting portion, you have either the option to bet, call or fold.  I don't think you have any other option. 

Unfortunately it doesn't mention the thing i asked but thanks anyway :D

Well. i just guess you are allowed to do it so i just build it into the script ^_^

Unfortunately it doesn't mention the thing i asked but thanks anyway :D

Well. i just guess you are allowed to do it so i just build it into the script ^_^

I guess what you are trying to say is that when a person does not want to bet? If that's the case the others have to agree, if anyone raises the bet those who want to continue on the game have to pay, otherwise the next card will be draw and no more money will be put on the table.

I assume you are doing poker instead of blackjack?  What you described sounds like what is generally referred to as "calling" the bet.  In Blackjack, it is usually referred to as "standing."

Assuming you are talking about draw or stud poker, general rules for betting are here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betting_in_poker

Note that it varies slightly based on the game of poker you are playing, though mostly it is the same.

Specifically, pay attention to the procedure section, and the forced bets section (choose only one type of forced bet!).  Generally ante is used for friendly games, whereas blinds are used for larger games.

Forced bets are important, since it ensures there is a stake on the table for someone.  Otherwise, people will generally pass until they have something worth betting, which can make for boring games.  Forcing a stake means someone already has something to lose, which encourages them to play.

To try to answer your specific question:

When you "call" a bet, if betting returns to you (which means someone else raised) you have to again decide to call, raise, or fold.  There are very common strategies where you call a bet to try to get more people to pay into the pot only to raise later when they have a stake in the hand they do not want to lose.  It is risky though because if no one raises after your call, then betting stops before you have the chance to raise.

Also keep in mind that if you have already paid into a particular round of betting, when you call or raise you put in the difference between your earlier bet and the new one.  So if player A bets 20, then B raises to 40, player A must add 20 more to call, more than 20 to raise, or must fold and forfeit the pot.

blinds would make it so it is always has a bet(for example round 1 player 1 has 10 credits as a blind player 2 has 20 and player 3 starts with the bet round 2 player 2 has 10 blinds and 3 20 and player one has opening bet and after 4 or 5 rounds the blinds increase)

i know well how to play poker, but my english is sooo shitty that i cant actually help alot :/

btw... holographic cards ? with aemi and vivian ? thats not fair ! thats cheating ! hope you allow a refund ( in "nature" ) if we lose XD

oh and btw, i see you add alots of stuff , some machina, poker table/chair and all.... i hope you find the good place for put them. well, they are plenty of space in the hangar, but still...not easy to place all the stuff good

You might want to avoid getting too involved on the "mini-game" or it will overtake the rest of the game.  Remember K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple, Stupid.

If you make it too difficult, you might not get a lot of people playing it, or even enjoying it.

Just my 2 credits...

You might want to avoid getting too involved on the "mini-game" or it will overtake the rest of the game.  Remember K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple, Stupid.

If you make it too difficult, you might not get a lot of people playing it, or even enjoying it.

Just my 2 credits...

You are right. I will keep it simple. And if i am do something wrong then.. ahm.. lets just say i have bend the rules of poker a bit xD

here is a "crazy" idea why not look for a existing poker game for the engine and see if you can modify it to work for your game

Mh.. currently i am far too deep into my approach =)

It isn't as fancy as other solutions but.. i hope the best!

i know well how to play poker, but my english is sooo shitty that i cant actually help alot :/

btw... holographic cards ? with aemi and vivian ? thats not fair ! thats cheating ! hope you allow a refund ( in "nature" ) if we lose XD

oh and btw, i see you add alots of stuff , some machina, poker table/chair and all.... i hope you find the good place for put them. well, they are plenty of space in the hangar, but still...not easy to place all the stuff good

Well my current plan so far :

- If player lose Vivian or aemi will have a uniqe scene once and a genertic scene if you do the poker game a second time.

- If player wins he can choose what he will do with those too (I guess i just implement a simple scene with one of both of them)

something like that ^_^

well often npc's in a poker game(minigame or fullgame) are pretty easily outbluffed and well do want to win as i want both naked and hope you can choose parts of outfits for 'm to wear (sofar only saw allowing full outfits for 'm to wear and not certain parts only(hope not too hard to code so that for example only the vest could be worn or if i saw it right as a leotard making 'm the rest but not leotard :P

Well my current plan so far :

- If player lose Vivian or aemi will have a uniqe scene once and a genertic scene if you do the poker game a second time.

- If player wins he can choose what he will do with those too (I guess i just implement a simple scene with one of both of them)

something like that ^_^

sound good to me :D

oh , so you did it like the girl undress if they lose right ? so its not "strip" poker (like if she lose parts of clothes each time they lose until she finish full naked and the last one who still have clothes win), but you make it like play poker normally and the loser get the "bonus" , sound good too and maybe less complicated to script etc..

how are things progressing? looking forward to the next update :)

I am currently working on the events for the poker game (what happens when losing and winning etc..)

When i am done with this i will release new version.

And then.. uff.. the hydroponic deck.. more work.. argg...

I am currently working on the events for the poker game (what happens when losing and winning etc..)

what is that hydroposomething deck ?? what is it for ?

what is that hydroposomething deck ?? what is it for ?

I do not want to spoil much but i just.. ahmm post a picture i posted in on of my former posts.

The hydroponic deck is a deck .. for bioligical things.. like plants and flowers and trees.

I don't know in detail what i will introduce into that deck but maybe.. a ..parasi..or.. tenta... i am not sure (I do/create this mostly spontaneously).

I guess this deck will be borrriing... because these are just plants.

AATOFL%20HydroponicSectionPrevPic.PNG

oh i see.. kind of relax zone, and you can get some fruits and stuff.

possible check for "special" plants and others.. lol i still have some idea about this place. i m curious to see how this going to grow

any ETA of the actual update ? a month or two ? weeks or osomething ? ^^