[Unity-3D , 3D-Adventure]Abandoned : A tale of forgotten lives (version 1.00 Final))

hey, I got to the part her eaemi wants to go to isolation cell II but it's not opened I'm not sure what to do? :)

Mh.. kind of weird bug but did you tried to reload the game ?

If this does not help then i would recommend loading a previous save.

hey, I got to the part her eaemi wants to go to isolation cell II but it's not opened I'm not sure what to do? :)

not a bug , happen to me too. the fact is, its NOT the cell 2 but another cell (i guess its typo on text) , just look another cell and you find the good one :D

not a bug , happen to me too. the fact is, its NOT the cell 2 but another cell (i guess its typo on text) , just look another cell and you find the good one :D

yeah, I got it working now, it was another cell! :)

I could swear I tried all other cells before though, but on this time it worked as soon as I went through the door to the right cell ^^

it's the one OPPOSITE to cell 2

finished the alpha now :)

yeah, I got it working now, it was another cell! :)

I could swear I tried all other cells before though, but on this time it worked as soon as I went through the door to the right cell ^^

it's the one OPPOSITE to cell 2

finished the alpha now :)

Sounds like i have to correct this one in the story ^_^

hey kerny, 

a little advertisement for you , 

i have join the patreon page lol , 

currently state to learn unity and daz ,hope to have your support on guiding me if i have a problem too,

here is my page , have a look and your works are great! hope i can help you in your development too!

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3264722

I would advise to keep the project simple.

The daz 3d chars (i am working with gen 2 ) can cause quite some issues regarding bone scale and/or rotation. Especially if you want to dosome retargeting.

hey kerny, 

currently state to learn unity and daz ,hope to have your support on guiding me if i have a problem too,

here is my page , have a look and your works are great! hope i can help you in your development too!

The daz 3d chars (i am working with gen 2 ) can cause quite some issues regarding bone scale and/or rotation. Especially if you want to dosome retargeting.

thanks for replies and advise!

i have the free version of gen2 and gen3 but the resources is very limited, i found that moving around for poses is really difficult , would like to get some 3rd party animator. your battle style is what i have in mind for the RPG i am trying to do, but more as in going out to one plain to hunt and back to a town for rewards type of stuff , as you advise making it simple would be good.

i havent do the scratch out planning though , will let you know more after i done that see if you have any advice.

CheerS!

hey kerny, 

i have the free version of gen2 and gen3 but the resources is very limited, i found that moving around for poses is really difficult , would like to get some 3rd party animator. your battle style is what i have in mind for the RPG i am trying to do, but more as in going out to one plain to hunt and back to a town for rewards type of stuff , as you advise making it simple would be good.

i havent do the scratch out planning though , will let you know more after i done that see if you have any advice.

CheerS!

Please be carefull about the daz 3d license since , (as far as i have understood it) you need a game developing license even if you want to publish stuff for free and you also have to be carefull of what you are buying in the daz 3d store since the licenses are bound to the artist who created the daz3d assets.

For example : http://www.daz3d.com/indie-game-developer-license

This license does only cover the original daz 3d stuff with the daz3d sign. (Not the stuff from other artist even if you can buy it from the daz3d store)

I only buy original daz3d stuff (have a indie license) since the other artist on this site to want far too much for.. mostly one game (if you read the terms of the artist developer license they mostly mention that this covers only one game O.o)

That sounds...complicated.

its always like this. you cant even imagine about the unity license , dat false free license is piece of shit as same as Unreal (in final you still need to pay high price for get something correctly

That sounds...complicated.

its always like this. you cant even imagine about the unity license , dat false free license is piece of shit as same as Unreal (in final you still need to pay high price for get something correctly

To be honest i think the unity license style with the free license isn't that bad.

Currently i do not earn any kind of money with my games so the free license is okay for me and even if.. i would gladly pay 35 € a month if i make > 100 k in one year.

But the overall idea of the subscription based thing is not new and a logical step for software companys (a bad step for the customers.. i hate this too!)

The main reason (in my mind) is a very simple thing. They do not really have to offer more things to make you buy the next big release.

It is the same as with Autodesk.. they know that their current software has all the necessary tools in them to make games and the features they are adding are mostly minor things no one uses. So.. why the hell whould someone buy the new 3Ds max when just stay on a old version or move to blender.

They had to make up a plan to leech money.. so.. subscription based and NO more perpetual licenses.

You have to pay money.. every month to use the software (argss i hate it.. but unity is.. lets just say 35 €/month isn't that hard compared to autodesk suit stuff...1,9 k / year.. wtf ??)

see.. very simple thing. But bad for us.. unfortunately.

DO we get to see more girls in the future? especially blonde haired ones? I like those...

It is very time consumeing to create a new character with proper animations and scripting so i think i stay with Aemi and Vivian  in this game.

But what i could do is to maker her hair change colour and style. That would be possible. (if you really want to have blonde hair xD)

If you can do that at least then please & thank you!

hey kerny, 

CheerS!

Please be carefull about the daz 3d license since , (as far as i have understood it) you need a game developing license even if you want to publish stuff for free and you also have to be carefull of what you are buying in the daz 3d store since the licenses are bound to the artist who created the daz3d assets.

For example : http://www.daz3d.com/indie-game-developer-license

This license does only cover the original daz 3d stuff with the daz3d sign. (Not the stuff from other artist even if you can buy it from the daz3d store)

I only buy original daz3d stuff (have a indie license) since the other artist on this site to want far too much for.. mostly one game (if you read the terms of the artist developer license they mostly mention that this covers only one game O.o)

Thanks for the info , 

will check the license out with daz's stores product.

but i heard genesis are free to use in any games? i downloaded some plugins from sharecg as well, 

doesnt seems to have license on those plugins / products.

Kerny, considering you are making the option to save edited text into a file, will all text be available in that file?

If yes, then besides error correction we could also translate the text script.

But if that's possible, please make sure the text is encoded as unicode or something, so we can use non ASCII characters.

Also, when's the next update? :D

I'd love to see the text content stored as XML files... The writing is one of the things that really bothers me. I'm just very fussy about that kind of thing, but I've been lurking this thread for a long time without complaining about it because I didn't think it would be constructive and Kerny's making something really special otherwise.

I'd love to be able to rewrite the story, not just 'clean' it. That might sound unfair, but I'd like to think it might even be fun for Kerny to play through the exact same game but see an entirely different spin put on it, and I've had an idea in mind since my first playthrough... Also as an XML maybe we'd be able to change the colour of each person's text? I think that'd be a better way to distinguish between speakers, and between 'thoughts' and 'vocals' more easily.

And since I guess I'm complaining now after all I might as well get it all out: My two other issues are the headbob (it gives me a headache and I'd love a way to turn it off), and the scrolling text (can we have an option for 'instant' text so I'm not double-clicking constantly?)

I just tried it out and it is really nice.

Not many good space games.

Just a few things (probably mentioned):

1) Could there be a way to move around the girls?

- If you walk up the cat walk stairways in the reactor room with two girls following you, can get stuck up there.

- if you walk into the hanger bay computer desk, with the two girls following you, they can pin you in there.

2) During the battle scene, the camera probably needs to be fixed or above the characters and stay on a flat plane when you move it.

Because you can take the camera out of the station, and it can get stuck outside the station.

3) Crouch like the other person mention earlier, but it's not necessary so far.

Keep up the good work.

Kerny, considering you are making the option to save edited text into a file, will all text be available in that file?

If yes, then besides error correction we could also translate the text script.

But if that's possible, please make sure the text is encoded as unicode or something, so we can use non ASCII characters.

Also, when's the next update? :D

Currently it works like this.

1. you see a stupid sentence from me

2. You want to change this because kerny is a little dummie xD

3. You press "F3" and a new ui will appear

4. you exchange the sentence and press "Done"

5. If you restart the game and see this sentence again you see your text insteadt of mine

(It will be saved under a file called "Spellcheck.txt")

I could create another button so the spellcheck.txt will be filled with ALL sentences but.. uff much much text you know O.o

I'd love to see the text content stored as XML files... The writing is one of the things that really bothers me. I'm just very fussy about that kind of thing, but I've been lurking this thread for a long time without complaining about it because I didn't think it would be constructive and Kerny's making something really special otherwise.

I'd love to be able to rewrite the story, not just 'clean' it. That might sound unfair, but I'd like to think it might even be fun for Kerny to play through the exact same game but see an entirely different spin put on it, and I've had an idea in mind since my first playthrough... Also as an XML maybe we'd be able to change the colour of each person's text? I think that'd be a better way to distinguish between speakers, and between 'thoughts' and 'vocals' more easily.

And since I guess I'm complaining now after all I might as well get it all out: My two other issues are the headbob (it gives me a headache and I'd love a way to turn it off), and the scrolling text (can we have an option for 'instant' text so I'm not double-clicking constantly?)

Oh my.. i hate xml >.<

Currently the color is hardcoded (like nearly everything else)

Like i stated above you could just exchange all text but the actions are staying the same.

I could also (but this will require some..much.. working time) create a tool so you can change (overwrite) the whole script BUT... i doubt that this would be usefull since you have to know how my framework works. (noob framework with too much things you would have to watch out for)

This is how the script looks like as unityscript file

AATOFL_StoryScriptRaw.PNG

And since  i am lazy person i made myself a tool to write the story faster (it will generate the above script automatically)

AATOFL_StoryScriptPhase1.PNG

(Just one level deeper into the event)

AATOFL_StoryScriptPhase2.PNG

You see.. this isn't easy to do since you have to know the all the script and the parameterr and... ahhrgss.. so much >.< other stuff.

(It can be done but i would have to create some ingame and outgame tools so you can do create new events and this would take muzuccchhhh time)

For the headbob.. maybe i could create a option entry to deactivate it.

For the text scrolling... same as above xD

(But i don't know if i can deliver it in the next release .. i just want to upload it finaly when i am done with the poker game and the events >.>)

- If you walk up the cat walk stairways in the reactor room with two girls following you, can get stuck up there.

- if you walk into the hanger bay computer desk, with the two girls following you, they can pin you in there.

2) During the battle scene, the camera probably needs to be fixed or above the characters and stay on a flat plane when you move it.

Because you can take the camera out of the station, and it can get stuck outside the station.

Keep up the good work.

And  this is why i consider myself as a noob game creator ^_^

1. I only tried it once and lucky they let mme out of the misery xD

2. yes.. kind of unity problem with the coliders here. I could create more colliders for the battle areas (I have to note this somewhere for the next release)

3. Crouch is a... i don't know.. i would have to create more scripts to ensure that you are NOT in crouch mode when a VN event is triggered.

One of the best adult games I've played so far, really interesting story, surprising switch from soft to hard content and nice models and art.

Can't wait for the next update, btw at your 3dnovel site you wrote you are working at a poker game atm...?

Edit: Already seen it, you are creating a poker game inside of AATOFL, have to admit I've already thought 'abandoned' meant this project is on hold... :)

Keep up the good work.

And  this is why i consider myself as a noob game creator ^_^

1. I only tried it once and lucky they let mme out of the misery xD

2. yes.. kind of unity problem with the coliders here. I could create more colliders for the battle areas (I have to note this somewhere for the next release)

3. Crouch is a... i don't know.. i would have to create more scripts to ensure that you are NOT in crouch mode when a VN event is triggered.

About the crouch.

You could make a variable on states.

1 = the player is standing.

2 = the player is crouching.

Anything other than 1 or 2, the player is standing (safety).

Not make it on or off, allows you to add future states if you choose to.

As for the camera in battle, why not make it a certain height above the selected character's head.

Then you can rotate the camera any direction without it moving away.

Also, if you save the setup of your states in a generic fashion, you can reuse it in future games you make.

Instead of reinventing the wheel.

Hi man,

i've been switching to UE4, seems easier and less programming needed to be done,

check out the video i have uploaded,

i know lots of skeleton adjustment needed to be done on that girl or she looks like a monkey lol.

do you know how to use UE4?

more free meshes to download from UE4, and you can use the free character generator "makehuman" with all the skeleton compatibility.

i having lots of issue importing characters in Unity but UE4 seems to solve all the problem.

the next thing i should try on the UI and the game mechanism.

hope it comes out with good results!

About the crouch.

You could make a variable on states.

1 = the player is standing.

2 = the player is crouching.

Anything other than 1 or 2, the player is standing (safety).

Not make it on or off, allows you to add future states if you choose to.

As for the camera in battle, why not make it a certain height above the selected character's head.

Then you can rotate the camera any direction without it moving away.

Also, if you save the setup of your states in a generic fashion, you can reuse it in future games you make.

Instead of reinventing the wheel.

Hehe.. well i could but you have to watch out for other things who can occur.

If i insert a crouch function into the game i need to make sure that you can use it for a usefull thing  (liek reaching a place only with crouching ect..)

But.. here comes the hard thing to code. In the next release the girls will be ale to walk to you and start a dialouge with you (only one event for this so far in the free roaming mode) and if you are in the crouch position current and in a place where you need it (in a ventilation shaft or something) and they approach you while you try to go out then the would 1. block you 2. it will look supid if the dialoug starts if you are still in the vent crouching.

As for the fight script camera . I really don't know what could be the best solution. Currently you are able to just fly around freely. If i would pin the camera to the active char i would sacrifice some camera freedom ;(

and btw : the fight script is already generic since i used it in Museum of naughty devices 2 and in this game so far. (i actually invented it in MOND 2)

Hi man,

i've been switching to UE4, seems easier and less programming needed to be done,

check out the video i have uploaded,

i know lots of skeleton adjustment needed to be done on that girl or she looks like a monkey lol.

do you know how to use UE4?

more free meshes to download from UE4, and you can use the free character generator "makehuman" with all the skeleton compatibility.

i having lots of issue importing characters in Unity but UE4 seems to solve all the problem.

the next thing i should try on the UI and the game mechanism.

hope it comes out with good results!

Sorry i do not know UE 4 at all. Never used it and since i have set up my own little noob VN framework with savegame ability and stuff i do not want to make the change to another.

And makehuman.. i tried this once and.. bahh.. no thanks xD

I don't like it but this is a personal decision ^_^

Okay.. i need to work on this a bit today (only a bit since i do not have much time during workdays) i currently (besides the poker game) working on a new machien for this girls who will be used in the hydroponic deck update(later after the free roaming update)

AATOFL_MilkMachineASLM.PNG

Maybe a good compromise for the fight scene camera is to add one more button.

Maybe HOME key on the keyboard (or another).

When pressed, it puts the camera above the main char's head to reset the camera location.

In case the camera does:

1) stuck outside the map.

2) not able to rotate correctly.

3) making it easier for the player (user) to see again if the camera is too high up.

And of course, when it resets.

Make sure you turn on or off the F button function (maybe won't be an issue, but something to keep in mind when testing).