Deviously Cursed Loot - Ustolf's Mansion Broken - HELP please!

I get this error message whenever I try to equip the Obsidian Slave Boots in Ustolf's Mansion:

"An error has occured with your installation of Devious Devices. Please check the log for more information. Error Text: LookupDeviceType received invalid keyword [Keyword <zad_DeviousBoots (0C027F929)>]

It appears on the character model but the game doesn't really register it. I can't proceed any further in Ustolf's Mansion.

It sometimes occurs with some other boots.

Can anyone please help?

post-525070-0-57252400-1456817771_thumb.jpg

Considering the only thing the message says is that there was a problem with the installation of your devious devices the only thing I can suggest at this moment is reinstalling any and all DD mods and seeing if that fixes the problem.

Like The Devils Bitch said: it's telling you there is something wrong with your installation.

Reinstall Cursed Loot and check if you have all requirements up to date.

If that doesn't work, try it in a new game. (skyrim saves tend to break when too many mods are installed and uninstalled)

I'm also curious about this, I have the same error message. None of the other mod has problems with my DD installations (which are up-to-date).

I was advised to check the file structure, but I saw no anomalies in either DDaxi or Cursed Loot (there still might be).

Can you post a papyrus log from when the error occured?

I feel so stupid at the moment... How do I do that? Really sorry for being so ignorant - And thanks for being so patient XD

No problem.

Script errors are documented in the papyrus log.

And since almost all mods are scripted mods, these logs are very valuable.

Open Skyrim.ini (My Documents/My Games/Skyrim) and add the following to it:

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Afterward, in that same folder you will see a new folder called Logs. Inside that: Script. Inside Script you will (eventually) find 4 logs. Double click and they should open with notepad or any text editor. Papyrus.0.log is the most recent.
Then attach that file to your post.

There are two possible reasons for the issue you're having:

1) You are running a very out of date version of Integration. If so, update it.

2) You are running a mod which overwrites Integration's scripts. Figure out which mod it is, and then remove it.

In one of my starts last weekend, I got a message about "these boots need netimmerse override installed" despite SkyUI claiming that NetImmerse is included. I added NetImmerse Override to my mods and haven't seen the message again.

(Just in case this means that there is a problem with some boots?)

Can you post a papyrus log from when the error occured?

I feel so stupid at the moment... How do I do that? Really sorry for being so ignorant - And thanks for being so patient XD

No problem.

Script errors are documented in the papyrus log.

And since almost all mods are scripted mods, these logs are very valuable.

Open Skyrim.ini (My Documents/My Games/Skyrim) and add the following to it:

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Afterward, in that same folder you will see a new folder called Logs. Inside that: Script. Inside Script you will (eventually) find 4 logs. Double click and they should open with notepad or any text editor. Papyrus.0.log is the most recent.
Then attach that file to your post.

Sorry for my inactivity, I've been busy of late.... So, no 4 logs (yet?) and I've got Papyrus.0.log as you said. I played for about 15 minutes, tried on DD boots - whole bunch of them (all with the same errors). Here you go!

And again, thank you so much for your assistance.

Edit: Ummmm... I couldn't add it as an attachement - I got an Upload Skipped Message (Error403)

If I try and copy it here, I get blocked for attempted DDOS(???)...

WHY AM I CURSED?!

So I reinstalled everything AGAIN - Including Integration this time. Still no change ):

Could it be that some of the files are corrupt or something?

What about load order?

Out of curiosity, did you disable then re-enable the mods or did you actually click Reinstall Mod? This is very important.

So I reinstalled everything AGAIN - Including Integration this time. Still no change ):

What about load order?

Out of curiosity, did you disable then re-enable the mods or did you actually click Reinstall Mod? This is very important.

I reinstalled them. I'm not THAT amateur. :P

What about load order?

I reinstalled them. I'm not THAT amateur. :P

There are two possible reasons for the issue you're having:

1) You are running a very out of date version of Integration. If so, update it.

2) You are running a mod which overwrites Integration's scripts. Figure out which mod it is, and then remove it.

I also am having a similar problem in Ustolf's Mansion. Everything in Leon's Quest seems fine through the parts of servicing Claudius, going to the dressing room, storing my gear, opening the party dress box, and putting on the 3 items.

When I attempt to open the barred door to exit the dressing room, I get an error message:

"An error has occurred with your installation of Devious Devices. Please check the log for more info. Error text; Wearingconflictingdevice received none argument. -OK-"

I click on the OK button, click on the door again and it opens, with the same error message popping up again.  I have to click on OK twice to close the message. I then go to the guard, he checks me over, and tells me I can go in. I get the Quest Completed: put on the party gear and talk to the guard. Go to the party room.(paraphrased)

When I move the cursor to the door next to the guard it says; E: Unlock the door.  When I click on the door to open it, it says "This door cannot be picked. It requires a key."

I am stuck in the room with the guard, unable to enter the party room.

I am using Nexus Mod Manager latest version, Sexlab Framework 1.59c, DD Assets 2.9.0, DD Expansion 1.2.5, DD Integration 2.9.2, plus all the standard other requirements, CBBE, Zaz, Physics, etc. My Race Menu has NetImmerse Override embedded, but I also installed NetImmerse Override 3.4 with no change. I even disabled the Sex Attacks in Deviously Helpless and Cursed Loot, with no change.

I have attached a few logs.

Papyrus.0.log

Papyrus.1.log

Papyrus.2.log

• 5 weeks later...

Getting the exact same problem as the poster above as well. Everything works fine until I try the cell door and then I get that error. After it I can open the door as normal and talk to the guard, but no further doors unlock so I seem to be trapped in the room with no way to get to the party.

After putting the items on, the cell door still shows as being locked and needing a key, after trying to open it I get the error message twice, and then after a few seconds the locked line on the door goes and I can open it normally. When opening it, the door does open, but again the same error pops up twice more.

DD Assets: 2.9.2

DD Expansion 1.2.3

DD Integration 2.9.2

SL Framework 1.61b

Lots of other mods but nothing that I think would interfere. If I have the time later I'll try removing them one by one and seeing if I can narrow down the problem.

As the user above I've had NetImmerse through racemenu but also tried installing it separately to no avial.

Just tried again with what I think is the minimal number of mods required to run. Load order is:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
UIExtensions.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
FNIS.esp
XPMSE.esp
SkyUI.esp
FNISspells.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

Also attached a rather messy log from this, I simply loaded an existing save after disabling most of the mods.

Papyrus.0.log

Papyrus.0 lessmods.log

• 3 months later...

Im having an issue with this quest too. I buy the package and speak to Claudius, but am I supposed to be taken somewhere at that point? Hes still just standing around in the same place. I can speak to him again for him to take the other part of his 'payment' right there, but then I dont know where to go...

Thanks

Im having an issue with this quest too. I buy the package and speak to Claudius, but am I supposed to be taken somewhere at that point? Hes still just standing around in the same place. I can speak to him again for him to take the other part of his 'payment' right there, but then I dont know where to go...

Thanks

Go outside that room, to where the guard is, turn left twice and go through the cage door (Iron bars like a prison cell), to change your clothes use the chest.

Only when you are dressed in the "Party Dress" can you go through the cage door, and into the basement, where you find the party room door.

Talk to the guy sat near the bar, and follow the instructions.

My issue is not a bug (I think), I can't find the boots to complete my set of added devices (for Pink Armbinder sequence), searched for outside the party room, I have all the other items, I think have searched every container I can get at. some barrels are unreachable, behind the huge barrels, but doubt they are the spot, I opened one by jumping, but it had only food.

There's a locked room that needs a key on the top floor, is it in there?

Thanks

Go outside that room, to where the guard is, turn left twice and go through the cage door (Iron bars like a prison cell), to change your clothes use the chest.

Only when you are dressed in the "Party Dress" can you go through the cage door, and into the basement, where you find the party room door.

Talk to the guy sat near the bar, and follow the instructions.

My issue is not a bug (I think), I can't find the boots to complete my set of added devices (for Pink Armbinder sequence), searched for outside the party room, I have all the other items, I think have searched every container I can get at. some barrels are unreachable, behind the huge barrels, but doubt they are the spot, I opened one by jumping, but it had only food.

There's a locked room that needs a key on the top floor, is it in there?

I believe the boots are supposed to be in a container just next to the cage, but the DCL thread suggests ithe container doesn't always spawn. It never appeared for me, so I used the "add item menu tool" mod to manually add them, which let the quest progress.