Asking help with nudist-character

So I got the idea of playing pure-nudist, exhibitionist character that uses enchanted rings and amulets to get armor rating, magic resistance, etc. But the problem I run at was that as jewelry is not counted as neither heavy nor light armor, I can't get anything out of perks of those skills, and it kinda hurts. Even if I have a ring that gives me 690 armor, it seems that the game is not meant to be played without armor at all. 

So my question is this: Is there a mod that makes jewels to be heavy or light armor, or is there a mod that makes being unarmored to count as light armor? Rather the latter, if there is. I tried to use mod that makes armor invisible, but it was not exactly meant to be used with SOS, so my character had a hole in his crotch.. 

If your answer to my question would be "It's so easy with Creation Kit, you can make it like in five minutes if you want", please don't. I have watched tutorials, I have read instructions, I have tried, but any of the five plugins won't work. So if it is so easy, could someone please help me? I guess that making all jewels to act as either armor would be a big job to do so I'm not asking that if nobody doesn't want to do it for also themselves. But if someone knows how to do this and it actually is easy, I would be very grateful if that someone could make a plugin that makes four or five different rings / necklaces or even ear rings to count as armor. I can easily enchant them myself, that's not the problem. Different items because even with unlimited jewels-mod I can't use per example 5 silver rings at the same time. 

If someone knows the mod I need or could do this for me, I would be very grateful indeed. At this point my nudist-khajiit is kinda dead. Very dead. A lot. 

Hello,

send to me the mod that adds the rings/neck laces, and I will transform them to real armors.

Do you mean mod that adds more rings / amulets or the one that lets you wear any number of them? I'm just making sure so I don't send a useless file for you. I have one that adds rings and amulets from all metals in game, ebony, deadric, glass, etc, in addition to the vanilla ones.

Now, if the mod is here or on Internet, just post the link to it.

I have been using this to get more rings and amulets to enchant: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8361/? 

Thank you very much for your help. My nudist-khajiit may have some hope yet. 

I will do it this evening.

But because the mod has no explicit permissions, I will do for your personal use. (I will send it to your PM.)

It will not be possible to distribute the modified mod.

Be aware of that.

So I got the idea of playing pure-nudist, exhibitionist character that uses enchanted rings and amulets to get armor rating, magic resistance, etc. But the problem I run at was that as jewelry is not counted as neither heavy nor light armor, I can't get anything out of perks of those skills, and it kinda hurts. Even if I have a ring that gives me 690 armor, it seems that the game is not meant to be played without armor at all. 

So my question is this: Is there a mod that makes jewels to be heavy or light armor, or is there a mod that makes being unarmored to count as light armor? Rather the latter, if there is. I tried to use mod that makes armor invisible, but it was not exactly meant to be used with SOS, so my character had a hole in his crotch.. 

If your answer to my question would be "It's so easy with Creation Kit, you can make it like in five minutes if you want", please don't. I have watched tutorials, I have read instructions, I have tried, but any of the five plugins won't work. So if it is so easy, could someone please help me? I guess that making all jewels to act as either armor would be a big job to do so I'm not asking that if nobody doesn't want to do it for also themselves. But if someone knows how to do this and it actually is easy, I would be very grateful if that someone could make a plugin that makes four or five different rings / necklaces or even ear rings to count as armor. I can easily enchant them myself, that's not the problem. Different items because even with unlimited jewels-mod I can't use per example 5 silver rings at the same time. 

If someone knows the mod I need or could do this for me, I would be very grateful indeed. At this point my nudist-khajiit is kinda dead. Very dead. A lot. 

"Even if I have a ring that gives me 690 armor, it seems that the game is not meant to be played without armor at all."  Are you using "Warp Nude Rings"?

Sorry, i can't help with your question, but I've wanted to do that too and use those rings as well (and enable the rings as nude in SLA), but the armor rating seems to be messed up. With a 690 rating (or whatever the default is), one should be almost invincible, which isn't the case. I get blasted by a dragon and just watch my health drop like a rock as I level up!  So I also use some sexier bikini armor or outfit to augment the ring. I've often considered PM'ing the ring's creator about the rating, but just let it go.  I'd be interested to find out an answer from more knowledgeable than I.

Now, if the mod is here or on Internet, just post the link to it.

I have been using this to get more rings and amulets to enchant: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8361/? 

Thank you very much for your help. My nudist-khajiit may have some hope yet. 

I will do it this evening.

But because the mod has no explicit permissions, I will do for your personal use. (I will send it to your PM.)

It will not be possible to distribute the modified mod.

Be aware of that.

Thank you, I will. I won't be posting it to anywhere. I want just to give some hope to my character-build which is kinda broken right now.

"Even if I have a ring that gives me 690 armor, it seems that the game is not meant to be played without armor at all."  Are you using "Warp Nude Rings"?

Sorry, i can't help with your question, but I've wanted to do that too and use those rings as well (and enable the rings as nude in SLA), but the armor rating seems to be messed up. With a 690 rating (or whatever the default is), one should be almost invincible, which isn't the case. I get blasted by a dragon and just watch my health drop like a rock as I level up!  So I also use some sexier bikini armor or outfit to augment the ring. I've often considered PM'ing the ring's creator about the rating, but just let it go.  I'd be interested to find out an answer from more knowledgeable than I.

Blasted by a dragon? As in the dragon's breath? Armor will not help you against dragon breath or magic spells. For that you need elemental resists and resist magic.

Blasted by a dragon? As in the dragon's breath? Armor will not help you against dragon breath or magic spells. For that you need elemental resists and resist magic.

That was just an example, but wow, I wasn't aware of that LOL! Good to know, thanks!  Is that true for Draugr shouts, etc.as well?

No, I'm not. I'm using console command called "playerenchantobject" and this site  http://www.mmo-game.eu/enchanting-items-console/ to get the rings and amulets to have the enchantments I want. But that is true, I shouldn't die when a skeever attacks me if I have 690 armor rating... I shouldn't even feel it. But for some reason I still take a lot of damage from a over-sized rat.

There are several mods that give the PC a buff when wearing nothing. Beastess would be one; there is at least one other.. something from SkyrimII? And the beastess race plus the beastess "class"? Not sure, but it's all in the DL section.

That's good to know, but they won't still help with the perk-problem. It's kinda annoying that I know I have two skills that I could really use when facing six Flame Lurkers at once but that I could spend all my perks on them and gain nothing...

For the "updated mod", what are the parks you want to use? Because I need to specify them.

Erm... If talking about Heavy Armor, all others than Fists of Steel and Conditioning are useful, but most important would be Juggernaut I guess? I don't know if Matching Set and Well Fitted are going to work even if I use 5 pieces of jewelry which are labeled Heavy, as they are not exactly "hands" or "head". If it works, why not. Reflect Blows and Tower of Strenght are purely optional.

And if Light Armor, all others than Unhindered all useful, but again most important would be Agile Defender. As above, if Custom Fit and Matching Set do work even if the armor pieces are just jewelry, they are useful. Wind Walker and Deft Movement are again optional. Unhindered is useless in this case. 

Technically I will transform the rings in armors that will use a specific body slot but using the original meshes.

So some of them can be "gauntlets", other "boots" other "helms", but without actually covering the character body.

And "heavy armor" or "light armor" is what I was looking for. I am not going to add specific enchantments to the rings.

Technically I will transform the rings in armors that will use a specific body slot but using the original meshes.

So some of them can be "gauntlets", other "boots" other "helms", but without actually covering the character body.

And "heavy armor" or "light armor" is what I was looking for. I am not going to add specific enchantments to the rings.

Aaa... Ups. I get it now. Either one is fine for me, if I should choose I would go with... Light? As I play sneaky character. I think the armor type affects the sneaking even if the "armor" weights nothing.

I will check the rings that are available on the mod, and I can set a few of them as "heavy Armor" and others as "Light Armor".

Thank you so much for you help. I appreciate it a lot.

The promised mod is in your PM.

As already said, the original author does not give permission to alter and redistribute its mod, so keep it for yourself.

(Altering a mod for your personal use is legit; redistributing publicly it, if not granted by the original author is not; helping someone that does not know how to mod to do a mod (I think) is legit.)

Couple thoughts I'll post, in case there is a followup or someone else finds the thread in a search...

The Leveling mod here allows you to add armor rating through its stat system.  I do not know understand how rating and the 4 armor slots actually work though. I suspect there is some kind of hit location system, and if you are not wearing any armor you do not get the full protection.

The mod Skytweak on Nexus allows you to change how much damage resistance you get via armor.  You can also do this via the console, but it is a great mod for changing all sorts of values, and then saving them for later use.  I am again not sure if those values are for the PC or NPCs as well, so if you set damage resist to 95% you might not be able to kill enemies that well either.

Dibellan Defender is another naked combat mod that adds various perks and spells if you are naked.

There are also a lot of jewelry mods out there that add nipple rings and other piercings. I think with the circlet, ring and amulet slots, I have had at least 7 items before wearing any actual armor or clothing. That can add up to a lot of enchantments for a stealth heavy magic user.

The mod Skytweak on Nexus allows you to change how much damage resistance you get via armor.

I second SkyTweak as a suggestion.

I made a custom fairy race for myself, and used only wings (Enchanted necklace with the wing effect attached), rings and circlet. I had the same problem (getting mulched before my magic could kill anything), but rectified the situation by altering numerous settings in SkyTweak, essentially lowering damage received for the player, and lowering the chance of effects like stagger.

I ended up with a balanced Fairy that could soak up a fair amount of damage.

SkyTweak also allowed me to alter Jump Height/Fall damage so that I could give my Fairy the ability to Jump/Burst Fly out of trouble in emergencies.

Many things can be achieved with SkyTweak.

I'm playing one nudist character too and he uses armbands and such (three items) from Conan Hyborian Age mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40914/? for protection. You can make those from gold in your forge after installing mod, so no need to go through somewhat challenging mod to get those from dead enemy. Those use slots not normally used by armours, so I have some characters using those along with normal armours as well. Enchant those with +light armour and/or +hit points along with normal enchanted rings, headbands etc and you'll do fine in light skirmishes.

Archived