Funnybizness

@Eikichi Onizuka

I have never used TES5Edit to edit anything other then to remove a master. I have only ever used the CK (creation kit). When you change slots it has be changed in the nif and then in the creation kit the armor/outfit slot has to be changed but a armor/outfit also has a armor addon that is attached to the armor which also has to have it's slots changed to match all of them. The armor addon tab is found right below the armor one.

Thank you for the explanation and for CK pics

I did not understand exactly where I need to go in the Nif file of PantyGearHelmet to change the slots..? post-204983-0-09323800-1465055627_thumb.jpg

First load up the nif click the little X and close block list then click view and select block details or hit F3 click the outfit or whatever and look under the highlighted line in the left for BSDismemberSkinInstance click the arrow to the left of it to get the drop down then got to partitions and click the arrow to the left of it 2x to get to the nifs slot/slots that are being used change the slot to match. Note you must do this to both the _0 and _1 nifs or it will not change in game because what you do to one nif has to be done in the other one as well.

These screenshots show incorrect slots being used as it's a ported outfit from fallout NV that I ported to skyrim using outfit studio and when you port this way it keeps those slots so they have to be changed to skyrim slots.

post-25667-0-54999000-1465056529_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-66129800-1465056540_thumb.jpg

Another way to go is to right click the BSDismemberSkinInstance line and go to block - convert - NiSkinInstance which will convert BSDismemberSkinInstance to NiSkinInstance the difference between the two is that using NiSkinInstance doesn't have any slots that you have to select in the nif and instead it'll use whatever slots you picked for the nif for the armor and armor addon in the CK instead.

post-25667-0-78462600-1465056871_thumb.jpg

First load up the nif click the little X and close block list then click view and select block details or hit F3 click the outfit or whatever and look under the highlighted line in the left for BSDismemberSkinInstance click the arrow to the left of it to get the drop down then got to partitions and click the arrow to the left of it 2x to get to the nifs slot/slots that are being used change the slot to match. Note you must do this to both the _0 and _1 nifs or it will not change in game because what you do to one nif has to be done in the other one as well.

These screenshots show incorrect slots being used as it's a ported outfit from fallout NV that I ported to skyrim using outfit studio and when you port this way it keeps those slots so they have to be changed to skyrim slots.

Another way to go is to right click the BSDismemberSkinInstance line and go to block - convert - NiSkinInstance which will convert BSDismemberSkinInstance to NiSkinInstance the difference between the two is that using NiSkinInstance doesn't have any slots that you have to select in the nif and instead it'll use whatever slots you picked for the nif for the armor and armor addon in the CK instead.

The first method also works without using the CK..?

I tried the first method.. but the PantyHelmet can not see when I equip it :-/

pic from PantyHelmet.nif folder post-204983-0-07556900-1465173429_thumb.jpg

@Eikichi Onizuka

Anything that you change in a nif slot wise has to be changed in the CK as well so that all slots match if you don't the outfit will be invisible and not appear when it is worn. So the nif slots armor and armor addon slots all have to have the same slots selected in the nif. Like if you change the slot to SBP_35_amulet in the nifs then the slots in the armor and armor addon in the .esp have to be changed to the SBP_35_amulet slot using the CK then save as to overwrite the .esp then go into game and see how it looks.

1. Grab a new copy of the nif that hasn't been altered.

2. As stated in my other post your using the wrong one in nifskope close the **block list** screen by clicking the little x in the top right hand corner of it's box and open **block details** instead by clicking the view tab and selecting block details or pushing F3. This is where the correct BSDismemberSkinInstance is found.

Screenshot showing where the little X is to close the screen.

post-25667-0-89938700-1465175424_thumb.jpg

Alter the slots for the files save as then change the slots in the .esp with the CK for the armor and armor addon.

post-25667-0-77154900-1465177039_thumb.jpg

I changed slot for the helmet to SBP_35_amulet and the slot for the gag to 

SBP_40_tail all you have to do is change the slots to match in the .esp for both of them.

PANTYHelmet.nifPANTYGag.nif

@Eikichi Onizuka

Anything that you change in a nif slot wise has to be changed in the CK as well so that all slots match if you don't the outfit will be invisible and not appear when it is worn. So the nif slots armor and armor addon slots all have to have the same slots selected in the nif. Like if you change the slot to SBP_35_amulet in the nifs then the slots in the armor and armor addon in the .esp have to be changed to the SBP_35_amulet slot using the CK then save as to overwrite the .esp then go into game and see how it looks.

1. Grab a new copy of the nif that hasn't been altered.

2. As stated in my other post your using the wrong one in nifskope close the **block list** screen by clicking the little x in the top right hand corner of it's box and open **block details** instead by clicking the view tab and selecting block details or pushing F3. This is where the correct BSDismemberSkinInstance is found.

Screenshot showing where the little X is to close the screen.

Alter the slots for the files save as then change the slots in the .esp with the CK for the armor and armor addon.

I changed slot for the helmet to SBP_35_amulet and the slot for the gag to 

SBP_40_tail all you have to do is change the slots to match in the .esp for both of them.

attachicon.gifPANTYHelmet.nifattachicon.gifPANTYGag.nif

Thank you so much.. now Works! ^_^

• 2 months later...

Archived