How To Claim Something?

Seriously, unlike Skyrim you can't have ANY property in FO4. Everything belongs to everyone. Even a house you were building for yourself, its now housing Preston and the rest of the useless generics that they couldn't think of using creativity to give simple basic backgrounds and names.

Is there a mod that changes this? Its gotten so bad I killed majority of settlers while moving others out.

I use the root cellar in Sanctuary to store anything I don't want the settlers to make off with. Other than that, I try to use the common property as a feature to save me micro-managing settler equipment so much.

Has anyone experimented with a free-floating player home that's only reachable by fast travel marker? I keep meaning to build one, just to see if settlers spawn in what should be an unreachable area. If not it could be a way to reserve a dwelling for my own use. (You'll need to drop down to get off, but that should be easy to arrange.

I use the root cellar in Sanctuary to store anything I don't want the settlers to make off with. Other than that, I try to use the common property as a feature to save me micro-managing settler equipment so much.

Has anyone experimented with a free-floating player home that's only reachable by fast travel marker? I keep meaning to build one, just to see if settlers spawn in what should be an unreachable area. If not it could be a way to reserve a dwelling for my own use. (You'll need to drop down to get off, but that should be easy to arrange.

There's a root cellar in Sanctuary?

Is there a mod that makes store stands function with cash registers so I can make actual stores inside a building? I hate how you have to place stands outside for shops only. It makes no sense when you can build structures but not use them for anything other than waste resources lighting up for settlers to play magical chairs and sleep in all the beds possible. Honestly this whole building concept is a joke only real use is for the main quest for a few seconds.

As well as Homemaker for the shop mats (which makes it so much easier and allows you to build your own shop), there is also Proper Trading Stores and Animations. Comes with objects you can use as stores that fit better and the npcs use them as well. Looks really nice.

As for your own home, I personally changed my beat up house into the pre-war version (believe it is from Homemaker). It isn't navmeshed so npcs stay out of it completely, allowing me to set it up however I want. I actually made it an exact replica of my pre-war house too. None of the companions or npcs go inside, so it makes a great place to store all my stuff and not have to worry about them knocking things around.

Using Homemaker, they have several pre-built houses that aren't navmeshed, which stops npcs from going in them. They make perfect houses that you can just plop down on any settlement to use for just yourself.

I personally use those two (Homemaker with Proper Trading Stores) along with Alternate Settlements, Business Settlements, and OCDecorator. Makes building beyond fun.

(Then again, I'm a Sims player, so building has always been fun for me :P )

Ah, that moment when you're defending a settlement and a settler helpfully launches a mini nuke at the super mutant stood right next to you. The mini nuke that they pilfered from your own personal belongings.

There are plenty of construction pieces available through mods that do not allow pathing of npcs. I usually build myself my own little area with those, seperate from the rest of the rabble and store all of my special things there. Downside, I like to have dogmeats kennel right next to my bed and he can't follow me to those places :(

There's a few empty settlements and as long as you do not build a recuitment beacon no settlers will show up. Personally i like the Coastal cottage, scrapped the entire cottage and build a huge institute style compound and house. There's also "Auto Doors" that lets you lock doors and only accessible through craftable keycards, also has some door parts that auto close gates, because hey, why close the gates and make it harder for raiders to enter the settlement, those keycard doors prevent settlers from wondering into your private home.

Well they should've done like what they do for bigger unique places like Diamond City. You own what's behind that door, the door belongs to a certain faction, you need a key/picklock/hack/wait for appropriate time to enter style. Like in Skyrim each cell what owned by a faction (person/people), same in Fallout 3/NV. But in FO4 I guess yours is now only mine mine and mine so go $@#& yourself to a deathclaw if you don't like it. :)

Kind of pathetic how flawed the game is. BUT Bethesda be Bethesda relying on the modding community to 'fix' everything and make the game sell because of those mods. Its a stupid gimmick that works well as its been like that for what, like two decades basically? -_-

Archived