[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

6 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

something on your end then, just tested it and downloaded fine for me.

odd, well then...

also for the trait "portrait" stuff...not all of them add portraits for me..like the vamps and a few others is that something on my side too or? (i can get the Elven, Orc,  Tentacle-kin, and im pretty sure the Fur East Portraits but)

22 minutes ago, BADshadow said:

odd, well then...

also for the trait "portrait" stuff...not all of them add portraits for me..like the vamps and a few others is that something on my side too or? (i can get the Elven, Orc,  Tentacle-kin, and im pretty sure the Fur East Portraits but)

elf, orc, neko, werewolf, and kitsune have unique portraits, the rest do not

Hi loving the new update. I just have a question about the fight scenes you have added how is the damage calculated? is it random or is it based upon your char's stats? 

I want to know if i need to think about personal combat in case someone turns up trying to gut me or is it random? in which case i don't need to bother

couple of questions when creating a new game 

on the new game with the rules 

do i need to select dark world to activate the mod or are all those listed on the rules listing  just changes you can make 

what story line has the most content in it currently 

does the ck2 tutorial apply for this mod as well 

4 hours ago, jason95821 said:

couple of questions when creating a new game 

on the new game with the rules 

do i need to select dark world to activate the mod or are all those listed on the rules listing  just changes you can make 

what story line has the most content in it currently 

does the ck2 tutorial apply for this mod as well 

Technically everything is active automatically but to see any of the race traits you need to choose a starting campaign. Lilith (succubus/incubus), Vampire, and Werewolf campaigns have the most content I think. The rest of the game rules are more to prevent any type of content you don't want in your game from showing up. No idea about the tutorial.

I've noticed that vlad always dies a natural death. I've managed to sort this issue out with events that add traits with the immortal = yes line. Sort of. It's part of an on_action aging event like the ones from Princes of Darkness.

Just wanted to put this out there.

For optimal use, what are the dlc that are needed for this mod? When I previously downloaded, the game was pretty much vanilla despite the mod being ticked on. I did not see any Darkworld options in the game rule screen before start of the game. So, I am deleting and redownloading the mod.

I got all 3 above (didn't have Monks & Mystics before). I am pasting the download in the mod section in CK2 file. I am wondering if I am putting the file in the wrong place or is there extra steps for imac?

Edit: I'll start a new game and seeif I get darkworld options.

21 minutes ago, juampi22 said:

the mod works fine...but suddenly all the womans has balls.

removing the trait works, but when you start the game later, they have them again.

DWR does not have a balls trait. Only dicks and tits. If it is balls then it is another mod you have causing problems.

3 hours ago, VirazolKaine said:

What mods do you guys suggest along side this one?  I know the first post has a list of mods, but I've no idea which of those are up to date.

Someone was working on Toska's, updating it and fixing the bugs it had. I tried it and it's working just fine to me.

Does anyone know if there is a way for vampires to feed outside of creating thralls? Specifically, attacking someone and trying to drain them violently rather than making thralls?

This portion of text, on the main mod page, seems to indicate that there is:

If a vampire decides to just attack non-thralls for sustenance, then they are looking at the feeding being resisted, which can lead to injury, death, or exposure. And if you're discovered to be a vampire - prepare for a massive negative reputation modifier which will make things difficult for your rule.

I've looked through this whole thread but I haven't found anyone asking this question so I'm not sure if its flavor text, something that will be added later, I screwed up my mod installation or I'm just dumb (I discovered today that I can do other types of plots other than just committing murder.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

On 6/25/2018 at 8:44 PM, Alaratt said:

DWR does not have a balls trait. Only dicks and tits. If it is balls then it is another mod you have causing problems.

Now that you say it, you're right DW do not add balls

the trait is small_balls o regular_balls. i think is turtle extra traits
Thanks for the answer,im going to the thread of that mod.

Just wanted to point out an immortality issue. It seems AI always chooses to "shuffle off this mortal coil" when a character is old enough to die normally. This is great for vanilla, in order not to clog up the game with immortals, but annoying if you find yourself a perfect courtier and decide to grant them immortality, only for them to go "nah time to die" and keel over from the flu because they decided to stop being immortal - with no notice for the player until the death.

1 hour ago, DrPill said:

Just wanted to point out an immortality issue. It seems AI always chooses to "shuffle off this mortal coil" when a character is old enough to die normally. This is great for vanilla, in order not to clog up the game with immortals, but annoying if you find yourself a perfect courtier and decide to grant them immortality, only for them to go "nah time to die" and keel over from the flu because they decided to stop being immortal - with no notice for the player until the death.

This. Specially when you find a perfect wife, which you made immortal, she decides to go ahead and die.

On 6/7/2018 at 12:44 PM, ngppgn said:

bug report: as a vampire, you can use the "make a vampire" decision on another vampire.

Test case: start at the default start as the HREmperor and turn your spouse, then try to use "Make a vampire" on her again.

Bah. Thanks for mentioning this.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:29 PM, bicobus said:

It doesn't matter to whom the lover is, a vampire can feed on all NPC having at least one lover.

Well that's not the intention. It's supposed to be the vampire's lover only. I think that's an easy enough fix.

Feeding is supposed to be the 'safe' option, and as such is supposed to be limited to trusted resources. Hunting is supposed to be the risky option, which didn't make the last update, but will be in an upcoming one.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:19 PM, DrMojoDoc said:

It seems the AI controlled vampires are having trouble finding a cattle or something. They all seem to think seducing player controlled vampire is the way to go.

Few questions:
1. Is there a way to monitor your health pool without using char_info command? if not, are you planning to implement some sort of reminder for the player? I know the DWNight event.4999 is supposed to remind you to feed, but I haven't seen it working yet.

2. Is vampire on vampire feeding intentional design?

3. How does the Bloodrayne fight work exactly? is it purely RNG or is there someway to influence outcome via character attributes, traits, and modifiers? 

4. As a vampire, when Bloodrayne event pops, I seem to have only kill, be killed, or both dead as possible outcomes. Will there be more interactions available in the future?

1. Presently no. I'm so used to playing with char_info activated for ensuring flags and variables are working as expected, that I never even considered a method for checking one's health level.

2. Not the way it's happening right now. That is a planned hunting method (future update) - as vampires don't like being seen as cattle themselves.

3. Largely RNG - which is weighted by your combat rating. She is very lethal to vampires.

4. Yes, there are plans for an extra interaction or two.