[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

3 hours ago, pepeflores said:

Hi, when my character dies and I start playing as his heir. Why do I lose every "special" courtier? My character died and I lost sorcie and hermione, and they don't appear in the wizard tower. I also lost shantae, harley queen ( I know I can recruit them again) and an eunuch orc I had.

I also can't turn my new character into a kitsune again, what do I have to do to transform my new character into a kitsune? and what do I have to do to advance in the kitsune campaign?

Also, I haven't received any event with harley queen in 50 years of being a king, is there a special requirement for those events to appear?

Thanks in advance.

No idea why you're losing all your courtier's other than they may be leaving for other courts if your court is too large.

One the Kitsune thing - DW:R doesn't really have much content for Kitsune's yet, although that should be changing in the future. And the plans for it will include some kind of means for better ensuring that a heir has the kitsune trait, as it is a very hard trait to pass on (which is on purpose).

38 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

Why? There are some mods out there that have accompliced this mechanic, like "A game of thrones" mod..

Why do I have dreams? Why am I not just ripping something out of another mod that I don't know already has a similar mechanic? Why are you coming back with a reply like that and not simply using the mod that already has it, and not using what partially exists within this one?

3 hours ago, veedanya said:

Apropro of nothing: I've noticed that DRW's extra buildings increases maximum income from settlements by a significant fraction (30-50%?), on top of increasing prisoner income (slavery), and whoring income. But I'm not seeing any sizable late-game money sink to counter-act this. I can't speak for other players, but in my games I've been swimming in gold when in vanilla I'd normally be struggling with my finances.

What are your thoughts on perhaps making at least some of those buildings restricted to the capital settlement only? This can be done using the following method (from a building I use in my own custom mod, see the line "capital_holding =")

Reveal hidden contents

castle = {
	royal_brothel = {
		potential = {
			FROM = {
				OR = {
					trait = exclusive_whore
					trait = hedonist
				}
				capital_holding = {	title = FROMFROM }
			}
		}
		desc = royal_brothel_desc
		add_number_to_name = no
		gold_cost = 1000
		build_time = 365
		ai_creation_factor = 1
		extra_tech_building_start = 8 
		tax_income = 5.000
		culture_techpoints = 0.05
		liege_piety = 0.1
	}
}

Additionally, you can use an upgrade system based on title ranks or even total holdings, so more powerful versions can be unlocked for those at higher ranks to keep the building relevant in usefulness. For example:

Reveal hidden contents

castle = {
	imperial_brothel = {
		potential = {
			FROM = {
				OR = {
					trait = exclusive_whore
					trait = hedonist
				}
				OR = {
					tier = KING
					tier = EMPEROR
					ai = no
				}
				capital_holding = {	title = FROMFROM }
			}
		}
		desc = imperial_brothel_desc
		add_number_to_name = no
		gold_cost = 10000
		build_time = 365
		ai_creation_factor = 0.1
		extra_tech_building_start = 8 
		tax_income = 20.000
		culture_techpoints = 0.05
		liege_piety = 0.2
	}
}

Just an idea. By limiting where these extra income-boosting buildings can be placed, you can avoid the exponential income growth towards the late game and the possible balance issues that can cause. And making them capital-restricted helps balance the playing field between very small and very large nations, since everyone has a capital.

This is one of those things that I'm not likely to do, once again because I don't experience the problem. when I play, it's usually starting as a Chieftain with only one or two lands. Money is always a challenge for me until later, as I also maintain a regular state of war. Although buildings are going to be getting rebalanced some here in the near future due to other reasons.

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

This is one of those things that I'm not likely to do, once again because I don't experience the problem. when I play, it's usually starting as a Chieftain with only one or two lands. Money is always a challenge for me until later, as I also maintain a regular state of war. Although buildings are going to be getting rebalanced some here in the near future due to other reasons.

Wouldn't that be more due to being tribal than anything else? Tribe settlements have 1/8th the base income of a castle, and 1/24th that of a city. And their income upgrades are 1/6th that of castles/cities. Or if your issue is after you reform into a feudal state, could it be because you're playing tribal-style (constant war) with a feudal-style state, which is specifically designed for a more balanced playstyle?

As an aside, I understand its your mod and you call the shots, so if you want to disregard what some random guy is suggesting, you can do that. I'm just saying keep in mind different players have different play styles, and a well-designed game (or mod) should take into account how things affect all potential players, and not just one particular playstyle.

If your litmus test for balance is based on your personal experience, and you normally only play a certain way, wouldn't that suggest that the mod's balancing is completely neglects other styles of play? (e.g., non-pagan, non-aggressive play styles). I personally play a largely diplomatic, catholic game focused on development and prosperity -- which sounds like the opposite of you -- which explains why I'm drowning in gold while you're desperate for it (my income is about 600% higher than my expenses at peace, but only about 25% higher than my expenses when at war). Of course, I'm just a single person, so I'm hardly representative of players as a whole and my word shouldn't be taken as gospel.

However, if you're intentionally building the mod for one specific playstyle rather than for everyone, maybe you should make a note of that in the mod description? So players who play different ways won't waste your time with suggestions or issues for things that you won't work on anyway. Sorry if all this comes off as abrasive or demanding, that's not my intention at all.

6 hours ago, veedanya said:

Wouldn't that be more due to being tribal than anything else? Tribe settlements have 1/8th the base income of a castle, and 1/24th that of a city. And their income upgrades are 1/6th that of castles/cities. Or if your issue is after you reform into a feudal state, could it be because you're playing tribal-style (constant war) with a feudal-style state, which is specifically designed for a more balanced playstyle?

As an aside, I understand its your mod and you call the shots, so if you want to disregard what some random guy is suggesting, you can do that. I'm just saying keep in mind different players have different play styles, and a well-designed game (or mod) should take into account how things affect all potential players, and not just one particular playstyle.

If your litmus test for balance is based on your personal experience, and you normally only play a certain way, wouldn't that suggest that the mod's balancing is completely neglects other styles of play? (e.g., non-pagan, non-aggressive play styles). I personally play a largely diplomatic, catholic game focused on development and prosperity -- which sounds like the opposite of you -- which explains why I'm drowning in gold while you're desperate for it (my income is about 600% higher than my expenses at peace, but only about 25% higher than my expenses when at war). Of course, I'm just a single person, so I'm hardly representative of players as a whole and my word shouldn't be taken as gospel.

However, if you're intentionally building the mod for one specific playstyle rather than for everyone, maybe you should make a note of that in the mod description? So players who play different ways won't waste your time with suggestions or issues for things that you won't work on anyway. Sorry if all this comes off as abrasive or demanding, that's not my intention at all.

I've never claimed to have a 'well-built' mod or one that is fully balanced across all play styles. In fact, we've pretty much established that my mod is really unfriendly to those who wish to play as a Merchant Republic. It's focus is primarily tribal and feudal, although when I do play as feudal, it's the same way - as I usually take one of the English or Irish kingdoms that are only a couple lands. Even then, I play very war heavy, and I can't recall the last time I really had no monetary problems - so the last thing I'm interested in doing is nerfing that aspect of the mod. In the end, my play preference definitely takes priority in what I do with the mod, which I'd say is pretty common overall.

I do make adjustments or add content that I've no intention of using, as I do enjoy others getting something out of it. That usually requires two conditions being met - first is that it wouldn't negatively impact how I like to play, and second is overall feedback from the community.

Quick question here my main man, do you know which mod it is that adds the rapist trait? I checked and saw that it isn't yours it'd seem, and the trait rubs me the wrong way since it gives your spouse +100 opinion of you which doesn't make all too much sense to me. Just want to check with the mod creator what the reasoning behind it is.

16 hours ago, dewguru said:

I do make adjustments or add content that I've no intention of using, as I do enjoy others getting something out of it. That usually requires two conditions being met - first is that it wouldn't negatively impact how I like to play, and second is overall feedback from the community.

Have you considered possibly about splitting the improvements into tribe-specific and feudal-specific branches? That way you can make them as powerful as you want for your tribal games without having to worry about the balance issues it may cause for others that play feudal realms.

Is it common to encounter people that are from the Darkworld mod? All i seem to encounter are centaurs and the occasional werewolf. Also how do i create werewolves? all the childern that have the werewolf trait dont have the custom portrait it seems only fenris is the only that can create werewolves that have the custom portrait. I also seem to not be able to get alot of the custom events from firing eg bordello improvement etc. 

7 hours ago, veedanya said:

Have you considered possibly about splitting the improvements into tribe-specific and feudal-specific branches? That way you can make them as powerful as you want for your tribal games without having to worry about the balance issues it may cause for others that play feudal realms.

You apparently ignored the part about how I also occasionally do play feudal societies, although once again small ones with only a county or two.

And what should I spend my time on? Making it more to your liking, or keeping on track with my current plans?

Once again - if you feel that strongly about it - make a sub-mod that overrides the economic aspects to your liking. If others are interested in it, they'll use it.

4 hours ago, dragonray250 said:

Is it common to encounter people that are from the Darkworld mod? All i seem to encounter are centaurs and the occasional werewolf. Also how do i create werewolves? all the childern that have the werewolf trait dont have the custom portrait it seems only fenris is the only that can create werewolves that have the custom portrait. I also seem to not be able to get alot of the custom events from firing eg bordello improvement etc. 

Dark World does not add any centaur.

You are thinking off the submod Noxxbestias Darkest Perversions which does.

A few days after starting a new game with Dark World you should see Arielle, Jasmine and many fairy tale girls more scattered on the whole map. The random events are just that. Random.

14 minutes ago, mortmaru said:

any news on the time the next release will be so tempted to start a new game but don't want to if a new release is coming soon

Right now I'm looking at the coming weekend. If it slips, it's because I got a little carried away and things didn't test out correctly and I'll need time to work everything out.

On 30/12/2017 at 9:18 PM, dewguru said:

Why do I have dreams? Why am I not just ripping something out of another mod that I don't know already has a similar mechanic? Why are you coming back with a reply like that and not simply using the mod that already has it, and not using what partially exists within this one?

First of all, you don't need to be agressive like that, since you don't know nothing about me and IF I can play one or the other..!

Second, I didn't mean to copy-paste other modders' work, I'm just wondering why don't you make YOUR code like other's and since it is unfinished, why don't you live it out for the time being, at least till you deside to finish it at some point. It will make the mod a little "lighter"! :tongue:

You could start a poll about it if you like..!

52 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

First of all, you don't need to be agressive like that, since you don't know nothing about me and IF I can play one or the other..!

Second, I didn't mean to copy-paste other modders' work, I'm just wondering why don't you make YOUR code like other's and since it is unfinished, why don't you live it out for the time being, at least till you deside to finish it at some point. It will make the mod a little "lighter"! :tongue:

You could start a poll about it if you like..!

Oh? You didn't appreciate the way I replied? Well I didn't appreciate your reply. Funny how that can create such a response.

And no poll. There isn't anything forcing you to use what's there. Either use it or don't.

18 hours ago, dewguru said:

And what should I spend my time on? Making it more to your liking, or keeping on track with my current plans?

Sorry if I've offended you, that wasn't my intent. I wasn't trying to argue or anything, but rather provide the rational and justification behind suggestions or improvements rather than the usual "you should do X" comment with no context.

All my suggestions are things I can and would code myself, so when I make a suggestion, it's not so much asking you to do it, but rather asking permission to write it myself (rather than writing it first, and risk all the work being thrown out because you don't agree with the concept). In all fairness I should probably have made that more clear, since 99% of the suggestions in this thread expect you to do the code implementation.

So when you say, "I don't experience this problem, so it doesn't need fixing," I'm not sure if that should be interpreted as:

• "I have not experienced a problem personally, so there is no cause to believe a problem exists," (Unaware of an issue, so needs an explanation. i.e. bug reports)
  • "I'm occupied with other more important/obvious things right now" (Aware of an issue, but not considered important enough to work on right now. But has no objections to others working on the code and submitting it)
  • "I don't want this in my mod at all, because it doesn't fit my overall vision for the mod" (Rejects the premise that it's an issue. Would refuse others working on the code even if they offered to work on it.)

20 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Dark World does not add any centaur.

You are thinking off the submod Noxxbestias Darkest Perversions which does.

A few days after starting a new game with Dark World you should see Arielle, Jasmine and many fairy tale girls more scattered on the whole map. The random events are just that. Random.

It seems noxxbestia's mod may conflict with the current dark world reborn mod?. Do you know which mods can work along side the current dark world reborn mod? im currently using every single mod darkworld sub mod on the first page.

Thanks

In the description of the submod in question it is usually written on which version of Dark World the submod is tested to work.

Having a sligthly newer version of DW than the tested one is normally not a problem. The line is drawn with ck2 version changes i.e. the latest DW is for CK2 2.8 and Darkest Perversions is for CK2 2.7.1. In some circumstances that is not a big problem and in some circumstances the mod does not work correctly.

I saw someone mention Shantae in their court, yet I never found her. Is there's a special condition that have to be met before she appear? I only play European (mainly England and French) and never set foot into Middle East and India. (at least never after I start to use this mod)

I look back and see some code about her appearing being generated by random event and no requirement?. But I am not that familiar with CK2 code so I am not sure.

Or maybe it's because I only play 20-25 hours after the new 2.8 patch and got unlucky.

4 hours ago, nonameforme said:

I saw someone mention Shantae in their court, yet I never found her. Is there's a special condition that have to be met before she appear? I only play European (mainly England and France) [Snip]

She has a chance to appear if you build and visit a brothel.

Change log as it currently stands for what should hopefully be released late Sunday.

v1.58 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Correction to brothel visit code that wasn't working correctly (the Shantae special event).
    - Updated a couple pictures to the larger format.
    - Tweaked Lilith's worship buildings to where you can now be able to build one as a member of the Chosen of Lilith (previously had to be an incubus or succubus).
    - Added Lilith worship building options for both Nomads and Merchant Republic (previously existed for just Feudal and Tribal).
    - Added a Lilith offmap empire that right now is limited in its functionality, but it'll be tied into both Chosen of Lilith society play, and Succubus/Incubus play in the future.
    - Chosen of Lilith now have a potential event that can fire on an annual check once they've reached the second stage (building a place of Worship to Lilith)