[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Also, regarding the Possessed/Lunatic vanilla event that makes you think you're a werewolf (or possibly even makes you one? The game seems to present it as such), it wouldn't require altering any vanilla content to make there be a chance of gaining the DW werewolf trait, that triggers on a character having the "Werewolf" modifier. It would probably be fairly simple, actually.

Just wanted to let you know two things. One I tried to add the futa trait in the Intrigue section and it does nothing (some npc's says that my char has the futa but the trait is not there and

cant increase the size). For the second, love the mod yall keep up the hard work.

No it does not. That rule is from Darkest Perversions and is for humping or being humped by horses

The dog is the guard dog which can be bought in the Exotic Emporium. You have a rival in the vicinity who bought a guard dog and is using the Procero! command which makes the dog rape the target.

If I am not completely mistaken it tells you who the owner of the dog is and s/he gets a "Owner of a bad dog" malus.

Question - when playing the Werewolf Bitch campaign option, I get the modifier and the werewolf shows up. And then... nothing. It seems like the werewolf never goes hunting, and never uses his bitches, or marks any new ones. Is the AI somehow not initiating hunts? Or is it doing so, but infrequently enough that I never seem to notice?

Every 2 months or so, a dog tries to rape me. Is this a bug? If this is supposed to happen, I probably won't be using this mod... the rate of it happening is much too great.

(I have DW: Reborn, Slavery, Toska, Darkest Perversions and some other vanilla mods.)

If you are playing a male ruler, this is actually because of Dark Perversions.  I have net yet added the bestiality filter to the male procreo events.  To help protect yourself, buy your own guard dog.  

Unfortunately (and unwisely on my part), the procreo events were undergoing revamping when MNM came out so I expect them to have more bugs than usual.

I am logging this as a game-breaking bug and putting it on high priority for fix because I just had my newborn son mounted by a guard dog, and that should never happen, regardless of what rules are selected!  I'll post updates to this problem in the Dark Perversions topic.

EDIT:  I have uploaded a hot-fix version of Darkest Perversions that should fix your issues.  Also, there was/is a 180 day cooldown that should have prevented you from being attacked so often.

I might have slightly exaggerated, but it did truly happen more than 10 times in about 5 years of gameplay time, which makes sense with the 180 day limit. (It was so much that it was ruining the game somewhat due to me getting maimed etc from fighting the dogs every time.)

(And that is not counting the 10+ times my horse was horny and wanted to get fucked, is that a bug too?)

I might have slightly exaggerated, but it did truly happen more than 10 times in about 5 years of gameplay time, which makes sense with the 180 day limit. (It was so much that it was ruining the game somewhat due to me getting maimed etc from fighting the dogs every time.)

(And that is not counting the 10+ times my horse was horny and wanted to get fucked, is that a bug too?)

Darkest Perversions 0.0.3.3.1 makes the male procreo event respect the kink rules.  Buying your own guard dog will also protect you.

As for the frequency of the events, it's not a bug per se, but that doesn't mean it isn't open to change.  The frequency of events is set higher for play-testing purposes for events that aren't finished, but if it is ruining your enjoyment of the mod, I can definitely decrease it.  Tonight I have noticed that since CK2 2.7.x the events seem to fire more often than they did in 2.6.x.  In contrast, the "testing for yiffy werewolves" event doesn't seem to fire more frequently than it did before.  (I also need to remember to disable it since it has shown me what I wanted to see and is jsut a nuisance now.)

Also, out of respect for DewGuru and the people here who don't use my mod, we really should continue this conversation in the Darkest Perversions topic.  :)

In "ye olde days" there was a book buyable in the Exotic Emporium on how to summon Lilith. Sadly it has not (yet?) been moved over to this version so with only Dark World Reborn choosing the Lilith start is the only way to be a succubus/incubus.

If I'm not mistaken Toskas submod includes that book among other things not (yet?) brought over.

ok thanks, ill look up toska

So, I am currently playing a Child of Lilith campaign, and decided to do a character search for incubus to see how many I had seeded out into the world.  In doing so I ran across a 17 year old duke who was still using the child portrait I guess because they had completed the blood moon ritual chain prior to their 16th birthday and became immortal, locking in their portrait.  Would it be possible to change it so characters have to be 16 before they can achieve immortality?  It ends up looking pretty creepy, particularly when he has some old Catholic priest as his lover.

I think the horse event occurs in Toska's mod, and is one of the possible annual events when leading troops.

In "ye olde days" there was a book buyable in the Exotic Emporium on how to summon Lilith. Sadly it has not (yet?) been moved over to this version so with only Dark World Reborn choosing the Lilith start is the only way to be a succubus/incubus.

If I'm not mistaken Toskas submod includes that book among other things not (yet?) brought over.

I haven't seen it, as there are a few things that aren't fully functional with some of the buildings there yet. I don't know if DW ever intends to put something like that in, but even if he doesn't, I might script it up for my own personal use, as I've been essentially building my own supplemental mod for missing actions or things that I wanted to see, and for practice in modding, in that I'll eventually share out either as contributions to DW or as its own separate package for those who want it, once it's polished enough.

One of my personal annoyances in a few past games has been losing whatever campaign trait I started with, early in the game (first or second inheritance), due to poor luck on heirs, and prior to being able to build a large amount of breeding stock (or trying to interbreed and winding up with nothing but the inbred trait as far as the eye can see). Thus, my modifications add a few events to not only seed out a random character with a mythical trait somewhere in the world at ~25 year intervals, but also the option to buy exotic/mythical trait slaves from the Slavers' Guild building, at exorbitant cost.

As for campaign start/re-starts, thus far I've added an event chain that can lead to a werewolf-bitch scenario, but I can imagine having event chains that can occur under certain circumstances to become a demon, werewolf, or vampire, even if you didn't start the campaign as one. 

Is the most recent version the one on the front page?

I just got this, and on my second playthrough, as a Neko this time, shortly after my picture changes all pictures disappear from other characters and I can no longer click their faces to bring up character information.

The dog is the guard dog which can be bought in the Exotic Emporium. You have a rival in the vicinity who bought a guard dog and is using the Procero! command which makes the dog rape the target.

The dog from my DWToska mod can only be purchased in the exotic emporium. Which is inaccessible for the AI. So it either is his own dog (then the fix is simple: Don't buy one) or it's a bug that has escaped me.

Is the most recent version the one on the front page?

I just got this, and on my second playthrough, as a Neko this time, shortly after my picture changes all pictures disappear from other characters and I can no longer click their faces to bring up character information.

Yes it is.

What you are experiencing is a portrait conflict so you either have two mods which change the portraits or not all requirements, the portrait module wants every and all visual DLC to be present. Usually the later manifests in only "some" portraits disappearing and it happens before you get a portrait yourself.

The dog from my DWToska mod can only be purchased in the exotic emporium. Which is inaccessible for the AI. So it either is his own dog (then the fix is simple: Don't buy one) or it's a bug that has escaped me.

There is a slight difference between "Will not" and "Should not". Do not assume things you do will work under every circumstances as you have planned them to work. Some people are determined to "test your stuff" and others find mod conflicts without looking for them.

The guard dog is the only possibilty unless he has another mod which adds another dog which does the same. Unlikely.

I really like this and the other mods, but they make my game way too slow to enjoy playing it for real. (not just a few years for the sex). (Like it will only advance 1-2 days per second on the highest speed.)

Is there a 'lightweight' mod, that only gives me very basic sex capabilities like dick, tits, virgin trait, spending time with, age rules from Darkest Perversions, and with all the supernatural/custom events/quests removed?

If not I might try to make something like that for myself, never modded before but I really like these aspects of the mod, but my PC is simply not strong enough I guess to run this mod the normal way.

Not really, things like the mages, beauty's village, alice in wonderland, harley, can't be disabled right, and are from the main mod right?

Plus I don't really need the vagina/anus sizes for example, or the arena, and the list goes on and on.

I'll probably just try to mod something very simple for myself, really enjoyed your mod. Thanks for all your work!

The guard dog is the only possibilty unless he has another mod which adds another dog which does the same. Unlikely.

There is a slight difference between "Will not" and "Should not". Do not assume things you do will work under every circumstances as you have planned them to work. Some people are determined to "test your stuff" and others find mod conflicts without looking for them.

You know, when I read your message I was thinking "Jesus Christ!" - and then I realized who had written it. :sleepy:

But I went back to the code and this is what I found:

• The Exotic Emporium: Not accessible by AI chars.
  • on_yearly_pulse {DWTRandom.600}: In order to fire the liege of the victim must have the character_modifier "dw_pet_guard_dog".

Well, let's test it: Start a new game, buy dog, open console, type "observe" and let it run for a few hours on highest speed. Then save the game (uncompressed), open the savegame in text editor and search for "dw_pet_guard_dog". Zero found. Because the only char that ever had one (the player char) is long dead.

Hence ... from my end I have done due diligence to make sure that this doesn't happen unless the player buys his own dog or does some other shenanigans such as buying a dog for his char and then switch to continue to play as vassal of said liege.

Of course there could be other mods that set the character_modifier dw_pet_guard_dog. So let me do a quick grep over my mod directory. Aside from my mod DWToska the parent Dark World Reborn has it mentioned under /common/event_modifiers/dw_event_mod.txt in line 93. But: That just defines the icon of the effect and bumps health and intrigue by one.

All in all: I'd say it works as intended.

So essentially AI is not allowed to have and use a guard dog.

Are you 100% completely uterly sure of that?

post-496684-0-48997900-1489863292_thumb.png

The aforementioned difference between "Will not" and "Should not" at work ...

settings.txt

last_mods=
{
"mod/Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits CK2Plus.mod" "mod/Dark World Reborn.mod" "mod/DWToska.mod" "mod/CK2Plus.mod" "mod/Dark World Expanded Slavery.mod" "mod/Fairy Tale Loading Screens.mod" "mod/no_satan_masks.mod.mod" "mod/personal_castle.mod" "mod/asensiblenewfamily.mod.mod" "mod/thickandthinborder.mod.mod" "mod/pMod_GIS.mod" "mod/pMod_GIS_marriage.mod" "mod/sketchycheatmenu.mod" "mod/ghostchant.mod.mod" "mod/Dark World NoxBestia Darkest Perversions.mod" "mod/animeportraits.mod" "mod/CK2Plus_India.mod" "mod/legalized gay marriage.mod" }