Windows 10 Build 11102 Warning

darkconsole

My Humble Opinion:

Win 10 is really similar to Win 7. Far better background (like memory management on multi core support)

Completely get rid of the Win 8 crazy stuff (like the start panel that I'll hate every single day I have to use Windows 2012.)

Compatible with whatever was compatible with Win 7. (And not so much compatible with XP only stuff)

So, moving from 7 to 10, is easy. Moving from XP to 10 is complex, but one day you have to do it.

Moving from 8 or 8.1? Why you didn't do it already dumbass? (Sorry for the bad word.)

The thing is ... win 7 is still compatible with XP programs now.. (at least the one I am using). that and a worry that I might not be able to access some of my old games on steam (and disk) keeps me here on 7. I have toyed with the idea of duel boot to get my alien feet wet with Win10 but don't want to screw up my bootloader and loose access to my Win7 system that I have a comfortable setup on. That besides the fact I would place it on another drive (on the same drive.. I don't see a problem SSD if you are curious).

However the free upgrade would kill my old Win 7 OS and I wouldn't be able to duel boot from my understanding so I would have to get a new license. I don't mind that as much (I do but can accept it) but want to be sure of my system. The other option is a removable drive system to have both running (again likely kill the license of Win7 in my system if used) but would prevent cross contamination. The last time I tried duel boot with Windows I had a week of headaches and finally gave up. Yes I know it is simple process but ... my computer likes torturing me.

If you read the bug report, it doesnt affect launching a game normally, only if you switch between windowed and full screen. (or change resolution in game).  Games launch fine if you dont use those specific features.

if you read the ENTIRE bug report... [ur wrong]

anyways, Update & Security > Recovery > Go Back To An Earlier Build

i just found this. thank gabe.

[update] the rollback did work. but it wasn't really just "back a build" it also uninstalled all my browsers, even Vivaldi for some reason, as well as removed all my bookmarks in the file explorer. but fallout 4 launches full screen again so whatevs.

MS wants to make your computer in a smartphone.

That much is true. By default Windows 10 leaves your computer open to the same security risks smartphones and tablets are prone to. Even changing the settings won't solve everything; there are a couple of things that are only truly deactivated by manipulating key registry entries. Search it yourselves. There are several steps to take and I've never been good at giving directions.

That much is true. By default Windows 10 leaves your computer open to the same security risks smartphones and tablets are prone to. Even changing the settings won't solve everything; there are a couple of things that are only truly deactivated by manipulating key registry entries. Search it yourselves. There are several steps to take and I've never been good at giving directions.

You can give web links.. :D.

You can give web links.. :D.

http://www.crn.com/slide-shows/security/300077791/windows-10-how-to-fix-the-biggest-security-and-privacy-flops.htm - Almost six months old but still has all the relevant steps despite updates to Win 10. I didn't notice if this mentioned it, but with Win 10 do a search on your computer for "default programs" and switch Microsoft Edge to whatever browser you use; do not use it! Likewise avoid using Cortana. Both are massive security holes.

There are also sites that offer registry tweaks but I wouldn't touch it unless you know what you're doing. Apparently the registry edit I made was fixed in one of the major updates so it's not relevant anymore.

guys i did not and do not want this becoming a w10 flame thread. honestly dont care about your reasons for liking it or disliking it. i just wanted to warn people who choose to use it about the latest issues that directly relate to play and modability. its not like anybody is going to sway anybody in any direction off their current path. everything after the first few posts have been pointless.

if a mod stumbles over this thread i would be ok with it being locked.

Well, good thing I run the Education edition then since that has allowed me to completely turn off Automatic Updates and I can just update when I feel like it.  Looks like MS doesn't have an estimate on when or if this will be fixed either. 

Also, this isn't a Win10 flame thread guys, which btw if you're a PC gamer you'll have to get Win 10 anyways so hating on it won't help. 

Well, good thing I run the Education edition then since that has allowed me to completely turn off Automatic Updates and I can just update when I feel like it.  Looks like MS doesn't have an estimate on when or if this will be fixed either. 

Also, this isn't a Win10 flame thread guys, which btw if you're a PC gamer you'll have to get Win 10 anyways so hating on it won't help. 

Yes... I believe this started as a build warning and a solution thread. Makes sense that other solutions to problems or fixes for concerns could be added. Not sure, I am not a moderator however since none has chimed in or locked the thread, it is likely acceptable. However I agree with the OP lets not flame Windows (well not to much,, maybe just a bit to keep it warm..lol). Mostly just to give useful hints and tricks and report any more bugs with Windows 10 that can effect the users experience.

I am a windows 7 user, haven't moved from windows 7 and yes, Arethiel is correct it is only a matter of time before most if not all will have to move to Win10 even if only partially (keep an old version of windows for legacy uses where needed etc). I am actually impressed with Win10 from reports from my RL friends that game it works quite well for most if not all games right out of the box. Is stable as hell and easy to use. Unlike the Win 8 edition (8.1 was liked by some but not all and windows 10 is the universal favorite for those not using Win7 still).

:(  I just got torqued by the bug in 11102.   Anyone see if M$ stated when the graphics issue causing the bug would be fixed?

i'd just do the rollback to a previous build i mentioned a few posts up. it claims it will resume fast ring after another is released. 

Archived