6 minutes ago, crudo said:

Yep, I use Skyrim Unbound.  Thanks for the tip.  If you don't use Unbound does it work differently?

Yes, because SU starts you off as a male before you get to the character creation screen, so YPS ignores you. Once you switch to female, you have to kick start YPS as I described above if you want anything other than a bald head.

Edit: YPS will notice you're a female on it's next check and set your hair to its first stage (bald), just as you described.

The description from Crudo sounds more like custom race or racechange during playing the game. There is a fallback due to Skyrims character generation mechanic to the initial used haircut. If the race was not there initially you will get bald. In my game it helped to deactivate NiOveride for the haircut. BUT!!! you MUST disable frequent haircheck, because it will give you every cycle a new set of hair, decreasing your framerate to... nothing :smile:  I use KS Hairdos... Every cycle a new animated haircut... imagine the rest.

To regain your hair in your save: cheat a hairbrush from yps fashion and comb your hair with NiOverride deactivated. *plop* hair! Use additem mod...v2.8??? wow. still use v 2.1 *g* best thing ever if you don´t want to start over and over again having trouble with bad scripts, bad scriptlag, bad quests, bad enviroment...

Used to have the problem myself, because I like playing a vampire or succubus. The race has to be played from the start. This time I used the vampire. Beforehand made some tweaks to the race Imperialvampire/Nordvampire/Bretonvampire etc. All this races have to be playable. If you start the game just choose the playable [setcustomracehere]; in my playthrough now Imperialvampire. The scripts will start, whenever the needed circumstances in game are set. vampire... but still you have to be infected and you must wait the 72 hours.

What will happen: You will gain a smooth transition from one haircut to the other without the baldness.

There is a good description to do this inside this thread (to lazy to look up... think past page 25?)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been really liking this mod.  I understand the hair growth is slow but mine seems almost glacial.  I set the MCM in hair growth to 6 thinking that it would be fairly rapid.  What is a good number to have the hair grow one length every 10 days?

You could always click the very fast hair growth button which multiplies the hair growth by 10. With speed set to 10 and rapid growth (x10) selected the hair grows at 100 times normal human hair speed. It will then advance a step every 24-36 hours. If you want half that maybe somewhere in the 5-7 range with the rapid hair growth option selected would achieve what you were after. I can't remember exactly what the button's called but it's right beneath the hair growth slider. You can't miss it.

4 hours ago, crudo said:

What is a good number to have the hair grow one length every 10 days?

There's not a way to tune it like that. The hair growth system has an internal length value in cm, and each stage maps to a different length. The shorter stages are close together (1 is 0cm and 2 is 0.3cm), but the longer stages are farther apart (18 is 145cm and 19 is 160cm). If my math is correct, the default settings are about 0.83cm per day - if you were starting from completely bald (stage 1) 10 days would get you to ear length (stage 5), but would only be enough to go halfway from calf length (stage 18) to ankle length (stage 19).

11 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

There's not a way to tune it like that. The hair growth system has an internal length value in cm, and each stage maps to a different length. The shorter stages are close together (1 is 0cm and 2 is 0.3cm), but the longer stages are farther apart (18 is 145cm and 19 is 160cm). If my math is correct, the default settings are about 0.83cm per day - if you were starting from completely bald (stage 1) 10 days would get you to ear length (stage 5), but would only be enough to go halfway from calf length (stage 18) to ankle length (stage 19).

Thank you, that makes sense.  No wonder the growth has slowed so much recently.

Immersive Hair Growth and Styling has a minor cell conflict with Cursed Mannequin Collars on the Nexus.  If anyone likes the other mod and wants to use both you may want to make a little 5 minute Creation Kit patch.  I don't care enough to do it myself but posted here to give others a crack at it if they want.  I may post a screenshot to show how it can cut off access to the NPC downstairs in Radiant Raiment later.  (Collars places a basement door to go to another custom cell.)

Here:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32890

21 minutes ago, naralina said:

i dont understand this is like  a foreign language to me i dont see this custom slot 1-15, i see one through 40? i put the name of the hair style the number of the hair style i put the length i have the use custom as default checked i dont get it, i dont know where u get the "KS Hairdos ESP (0FoamSummer)". To use this style, you put "0FoamSummer" from, is that in game or in the game files? lol super confusing im going to keep playing around with it but i dont see custom slot 1-15. ((Next, you have to go through and set each custom slot (1-15) to the lengths you want them to be in those slots, at the corresponding length. So your custom hair length for 10 needs to be in slot 10, and set the length MCM setting for that style to "Bra Strap Length".)) i dont understand that is what i mean since when u click the custom tab in the mcm it goes all the way up to 40 i dont even know if that is the right section but it seems like it would be. does only 1-15 work do i need a ks hairdos renewel.json file to put in the plugins any help would be greatly appriciated im trying to set  mid thigh length to hairstyle 505 in the racemenu from "ks hair renewal" it looks like basically azura's hair from fire emblem except its curly at the end, its literally the longest hair that is actually out and pretty IMO next to the the long braid which is standard ankle default setting in "yps fasion" so i wanted to have that at one of the longer stages or maybe even longest. but any input would be great thank you! sorry i dont mean to be a moron but you cant help what you cant understand lol but for now ill keep trying until i get annoyed. i await you're response :smiley:

The first 15 slots are the "custom slots" to which you refer. The rest are for extra hairstyles that won't be part of the growth. I'm actually not sure why they're there either.

So, you put the name of the hairstyle you want in the hair-length spot that you want it, then make sure the hair-length description matches.

for instance, put 0FoamSummer (which, incidentally, is my favorite Skyrim haircut) in the 5 slot, then make sure that slot is set to 5 - ear length. 

edit: the important part is getting the name of the hair correct. if you spell it wrong, it won't work.

image.png

Do this which each of the first 15 slots with whichever hairdos you want to use. If you don't fill some of them, the default hairdos will be used.

To answer your question about KS Hairdos, it is a hairdo pack you can find on the Nexus (also get the KS HDT Hairdos, which makes some of them able to move))

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've just done a clean reinstall of Skyrim and all my mods, but seem to be having issues with this one. It didn't start up the dialogue box on starting a new game (the one where you choose modules for YPS to control and set hair length). I used the hair growth potion and scissors to force it, but nothing happened. I played for a while waiting for YPS to kick in, but it never did. Tried making another new game, same outcome. Next I reinstalled the mod in MO and it first said that I don't have access to edit those files (even after restarting MO as an administrator), followed by a notification saying: "can not open output file \\?\D:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\mods\YPS Immersive Fashion\EyeshadowColorTable.jpg". 

Any idea how to fix this? All help is greatly appreciated. :smile:

Which other mods are you using? I can't remember if it's Alternate Starts or something else that sets the player's gender to male by default until they've finished character creation. That mod (whichever one it is) conflicts with this one. Sorry, I can't remember. It's buried deeper in the thread. So it might be a mod conflict.

15 hours ago, Balgin said:

Which other mods are you using? I can't remember if it's Alternate Starts or something else that sets the player's gender to male by default until they've finished character creation. That mod (whichever one it is) conflicts with this one. Sorry, I can't remember. It's buried deeper in the thread. So it might be a mod conflict.

I do have Alternate Start, but never had issues with it before. I saw the earlier post about Skyrim Unbound causing issues, though. Just a bit frustrating since I sifted through my 1k hairstyles to pick out the ones I wanted as presets. -_-

Edit: Upon looking through the pages, it appears Skyrim Unbound (not Alternate Start: LAL) is the one that starts your PC as male. 

2 hours ago, SnowieScrolls said:

I do have Alternate Start, but never had issues with it before. I saw the earlier post about Skyrim Unbound causing issues, though. Just a bit frustrating since I sifted through my 1k hairstyles to pick out the ones I wanted as presets. -_-

Edit: Upon looking through the pages, it appears Skyrim Unbound (not Alternate Start: LAL) is the one that starts your PC as male. 

Skyrim Unbound sounds like a familiar culprit. I don't use it myself but I recognise it from this thread. It might be a mod conflict or load order issue.

I don't know if you're still developing this mod or if you plan on coming back but I have a small requests.

Could you make its so that during conversations you don't stumble (highheels)

7 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Hopefully any user of this mod can help me: i can't see the armpit hair. Afaik i have everything necessary, the SoS addon, Nordic Warmaiden body hair, Slavetats,... what could be missing? Any special settings required?

I don't really know how to help you diagnose your issue but I can at least tell you its working on my end.