• 2 weeks later...

i have an issue where on new saves this mod will take over head hair. but on old saves it doesn't even when mcm menu is pressed. Am I doing something wrong?

edit: also on new games I can change my hair at the hair dresser and old saves it does nothing.

Hi folks, I recently started embarking on the YPS sex change quest and I've run into a little glitch -- shortly after the hair growth stops, a purple overlay gets applied to my character's body (not hands, feet, or head). Has anyone run into this before? Is there a reliable way to address it? I've attached screen shots and modwatch link.

Modwatch Link

ScreenShot1.png

ScreenShot2.png

7 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Hi folks, I recently started embarking on the YPS sex change quest and I've run into a little glitch -- shortly after the hair growth stops, a purple overlay gets applied to my character's body (not hands, feet, or head). Has anyone run into this before? Is there a reliable way to address it? I've attached screen shots and modwatch link.

Modwatch Link

ScreenShot1.png

ScreenShot2.png

Are you also using Sexlab Survival ?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I get that problem but on my head. I am not using SL Survival though. 

I'm digging into SLS now while I wait for a response from Mangalo. I'm guessing that some mod or another is trying to put an overlay that's designed for the male body mesh onto my character and instead I'm just getting an untextured overlay. 

Also, oddly, ever since the sex change effect was case on my character, a purple conjuration effect "pops" on my PC whenver I load my game. Not sure whether or not it's related.

11 hours ago, gregaaz said:

OK, I think I found the issue. Under "Trauma" in SLS, there is an option to reset the texture list. Clicking this returned my skin to its natural skintone. I'll follow up if the issue returns but so far so good!

Exactly, I couldn't reply fast enough but I was going to suggest disabling that feature in SLS.  It's a known bug for SE

2 hours ago, mangalo said:

Exactly, I couldn't reply fast enough but I was going to suggest disabling that feature in SLS.  It's a known bug for SE

Thanks again for getting back to me right away! Is there a particular POC for reporting compatibility issues? I think I've found three:

1) Skyrim Souls RE will prevent the sex change script from starting unless you go into its ini file and ensure it contains the following:

bMessageBoxMenu = false

2) Sexlab Survival SSE will cause purple body for the character on sex change, but can be fixed by going into the MCM "Trauma" section and clicking "reset texture list." 

3) Troubles of Heroine SE x Schlongs of Skyrim can end up with your doppelganger having an incompatible schlong after sex change. This can cause crashing when you undress the doppelganger and has to be changed in the MCM. When Skyrim Souls RE is also in the picture, I had to use TAI on the doppelganger to freeze them in place to avoid crashing while changing the schlong.

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Thanks again for getting back to me right away! Is there a particular POC for reporting compatibility issues? I think I've found three:

1) Skyrim Souls RE will prevent the sex change script from starting unless you go into its ini file and ensure it contains the following:

bMessageBoxMenu = false

2) Sexlab Survival SSE will cause purple body for the character on sex change, but can be fixed by going into the MCM "Trauma" section and clicking "reset texture list." 

3) Troubles of Heroine SE x Schlongs of Skyrim can end up with your doppelganger having an incompatible schlong after sex change. This can cause crashing when you undress the doppelganger and has to be changed in the MCM. When Skyrim Souls RE is also in the picture, I had to use TAI on the doppelganger to freeze them in place to avoid crashing while changing the schlong.

Good find about the Message box, didn't know about it and wondered why my character didn't change sex during the quest

On 1/18/2021 at 11:08 PM, gregaaz said:

t

This is a script bug I mentioned a few pages ago. The transform effect used is just started but never stopped. This will preserve the lingering blue effect. Every time the effect is used during the dibella quest a stack is added till your PC is a smurf.

I will add a fixed script. Beware: This will only work BEFORE the quest has made up the girl disguise using the two items...

@emily1673: I added only one line in the BeltAndBraEquipped function: DA14TransformVFX.Stop(YpsPlayer) It just will stop the effect after the hair has grown.

Dibella Quest Script.zip

49 minutes ago, Rogwar002 said:

DA14TransformVFX.Stop

49 minutes ago, Rogwar002 said:

This is a script bug I mentioned a few pages ago. The transform effect used is just started but never stopped. This will preserve the lingering blue effect. Every time the effect is used during the dibella quest a stack is added till your PC is a smurf.

I will add a fixed script. Beware: This will only work BEFORE the quest has made up the girl disguise using the two items...

@emily1673: I added only one line in the BeltAndBraEquipped function: DA14TransformVFX.Stop(YpsPlayer) It just will stop the effect after the hair has grown.

Dibella quest script fix.zip 15.72 kB · 0 downloads

Many thanks! Fortunately I haven't gone too far past the transformation so I think I can roll back without problems.

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

Hmm, I rolled back to a previous save using the new script, but now Lena doesn't add the devices to my inventory when I reach the appropriate stage. 

Curiously, I ran with my previous save a little further, and the quest also failed to provide me with the ancient foot device when I clicked on Ray's artifact during the nail polish chapter.

18 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Curiously, I ran with my previous save a little further, and the quest also failed to provide me with the ancient foot device when I clicked on Ray's artifact during the nail polish chapter.

Upsi. I attached the wrong zip file. The one attached now is the correct one. In the previous one a made a change to the the player reference to prevent some stress for the script engine, but that one will only work on a new save. Sorry. my mistake. Forgot about that change.

The one now attached only has the line with the fix and will work like the original.

Sorry.

@Balgin @emily1673  For better integration with Hormones and Parasites, I find myself in need of a way to:

- detect HDT heel training is ON

- disable it if possible

Setting a flag with StorageUtil would be ideal.

I can provide a patch if we want me to.. or leave it here if this is something you can add.

Right now, the Chaurus Queen armors in Parasites are broken by HDT heels forced removal.

An alternative would be to ensure HDT heels respects keywords like SexlabNoStrip before forcing a removal. That would suffice as well.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:19 AM, Chilen said:

i have an issue where on new saves this mod will take over head hair. but on old saves it doesn't even when mcm menu is pressed. Am I doing something wrong?

edit: also on new games I can change my hair at the hair dresser and old saves it does nothing.

So I started a new game. Been playing around for the last few days. and today when I loaded that save my hair didn't go to my new hair color. When you look at the preview picture it shows her hair when I saved it blonde. but as soon as you load the game it goes back to the orginal color red. And I went to the hair dresser to check if I can change the hair and when I sit in the chair nothing happens.

Is there any way I can like restart the mod to get the hair part to load?

3 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

@Balgin @emily1673  For better integration with Hormones and Parasites, I find myself in need of a way to:

- detect HDT heel training is ON

- disable it if possible

Setting a flag with StorageUtil would be ideal.

I can provide a patch if we want me to.. or leave it here if this is something you can add.

Right now, the Chaurus Queen armors in Parasites are broken by HDT heels forced removal.

An alternative would be to ensure HDT heels respects keywords like SexlabNoStrip before forcing a removal. That would suffice as well.

You might want to just provide a patch here for now.

On 1/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, Rogwar002 said:

Upsi. I attached the wrong zip file. The one attached now is the correct one. In the previous one a made a change to the the player reference to prevent some stress for the script engine, but that one will only work on a new save. Sorry. my mistake. Forgot about that change.

The one now attached only has the line with the fix and will work like the original.

Sorry.

LOL that'll do it. Thank you for following up and providing the updated file. My wife was getting a good laugh out of the quest (and the Dragonborn's usual lack of critical thinking skills) so we're looking forward to trying it out and continuing the quest :)