11 hours ago, tssxr said:

I have no idea either. I've downloaded everything needed, and not even the eyeshadow has this issue. It's worked before in the past so I'm not really sure :(

Which body model are you using? YPS uses CBBE body. It has some issues with UNP although I believe there's some alternate UNP textures. Some custom races and sometimes High Poly Heads have issues with some of the facial textures.

Are you using Sexlab Survival? I've noticed that has some issues with some of YPS's textures too (although usually only if you're a vampire or a cured former vampire). Naked Defeat could also be a cause of minor texture conflicts but I can't remember off hand.

9 hours ago, Balgin said:

Which body model are you using? YPS uses CBBE body. It has some issues with UNP although I believe there's some alternate UNP textures. Some custom races and sometimes High Poly Heads have issues with some of the facial textures.

Are you using Sexlab Survival? I've noticed that has some issues with some of YPS's textures too (although usually only if you're a vampire or a cured former vampire). Naked Defeat could also be a cause of minor texture conflicts but I can't remember off hand.

Using CBBE yep, also using SexLab Survival although I've used it with it before in the past and no issues. Naked Defeat is a new one I installed this playthrough so I'll try disabling it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 4:28 AM, Guest said:

I figured it out finally  :lol: (I swear this time):

For the people that want to use this mod with  vampire races, this is what you do

____________________FIXING VAMPIRES__________________________________

Creation Kit:

Figure out what race you want to use lets say for instance HighElfRace.

-------- The Method ---------

1.) Find HighElfRaceVampire form in the Creation Kit and open it, once open make sure the tick box "Playable" is set to active.

2.) Close and Save.

_________________________________________________________________________________

In Game Instruction:

Once you're in game and you finally become a vampire.

1.) Open Console and Type "Showracemenu"

2.) Navigate to the race tab find and select the your vampire race that you made playable

3.) Reapply your preset if you need too, save and exit racemenu.

_________________________________________________________________________________

that is it, you'll only need to visit change race one time after that it will work forever. Through process an error I figured it wasn't morph data thats was causing this nor the override features. Apparently when you change into a vampire for the first time it calls the "player.setrace HighElfRaceVampire" command, while it works initially it will keep calling back to your old race for some reason and keep reverting changes you make to your appearance.

If you don't understand why you need this fix for vampires its because your hair will revert back to the hairstyle you had when you first turned and that is the feature that is broken by being a vampire.

Here is a tutorial for TES5EDIT HERE if you're more comfortable using this.

To start I'm on SE and use that version of the this mod and I was having the Vampire hair issue and this post was of great help in solving it. Though I used the linked TES5EDIT tutorial post regarding setting my ***RaceVampire to Playable.
Then following the 'In Game Instruction' of the quoted post.

However, changing Race in the manner described always Sets your skills to whatever those Races default to and or add to your existing skills. Which was a problem. One that I struggled to find a solution for that didn't consist of me loading a prior save and getting all my skill ranks, then using console commands to fix my skills once I'm a Vampire.

Until I learned about a mod called "ShowRaceMenu Alternative" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20394 (I'm using the SE version personally)
This allows you to swap Race without having to deal with any skill issues. I have been playing for about 10ish hours now and have had no issues. Though you should check out that mods comments before using it, as there seems to be some concern regarding using it.

Also, don't use YPS' in game "Vampire Hair Control" you don't need it and it may cause issues.

If I missed some obvious fix to this issue, or the skill gain problem, do ignore this post. I just wanted to add some additional, personal notes to the quoted posts instructions and getting YPS to fully function, somewhat smoothly while being a Vampire.

Edited by SwaggerJacker
15 hours ago, Nazguli Tyvek said:

With this mod's Dibella quest, is it compatable with @DeepBlueFrog Sisterhood of Dibella?

Short answer: yes. Long answer: yes and I've noticed no conflicts yet but I can see where there might be an issue if you follow the Sisterhood of Dibella quest to it's more warped & twisted conclusion at which point the npc you need to speak to for this mod's quest might be unavailable to speak with. If you take the other path in the Sisterhood's main quest there should be no issues whatsoever.

hey just downloaded the mod,seemed to be working at first (got the start menu where i pick my hair color and length etc) and i get pop ups saying that im proud of my hair ,which leads me to believe that the mod is fine and that im just doing something wrong. when i ask for a haircut from the lady in radient rament it will take me through the options and such,then ill sit in the chair for 15-30 seconds but nothing seems to happen. is she supposed to walk up to me or something? maybe i need to be in first person? just thought id ask before i break it trying to figure it out myself.

9 hours ago, magicmike1234 said:

hey just downloaded the mod,seemed to be working at first (got the start menu where i pick my hair color and length etc) and i get pop ups saying that im proud of my hair ,which leads me to believe that the mod is fine and that im just doing something wrong. when i ask for a haircut from the lady in radient rament it will take me through the options and such,then ill sit in the chair for 15-30 seconds but nothing seems to happen. is she supposed to walk up to me or something? maybe i need to be in first person? just thought id ask before i break it trying to figure it out myself.

She doesn't need to walk up to you but something should happen. It sounds like you might have a mod conflict. Are you playing on Special Edition/ If so there's a separate Special Edition download for the mod. Make sure you've got all the required mods and make sure that YPS is near the bottom of your load order.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:21 PM, PaddyBoy18 said:

Trying to install with MO2, and when I try to install, the FOMOD pops up with this message:  Line 1, Column 3: Argument at position 0 has incorrect type for CompareWBVersion, expected string got integer.

So, it's checking for a specific Wrye Bash version, you can edit the wizard in the archive and delete the requirement to get it to work.

On 11/24/2022 at 5:12 PM, Efgad said:

So, it's checking for a specific Wrye Bash version, you can edit the wizard in the archive and delete the requirement to get it to work.

I wish I knew how to do that, lol, I suck at that kind of stuff, one of the few things with modding that I can't figure out.

21 minutes ago, 0feed0me0 said:

Great mod, loved playing it!

But I ran into an issue right at the end of the mod:

I got the pop-up that the questline is now done and that I should talk to Ray. Quest marker is there and all, but there is no dialogue option to talk to him. Is that implemented yet? Can I manually end the quest with console commands?

Not as far as I know... Cause it is not finished. Doubt it ever will be

3 hours ago, Ash7141 said:

So I'm having an issue there is no note to start the dibella quest, am I being stupid or have I installed it wrong?

Where are you looking? When you enter the Hall of Attainment through the ground floor door turn to your left. It should be lying on top of the lid of a barrel beside the door. It's very easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

Hi Guys,

I really enjoy the High Heels Training mechanic, but was thinking of adding an additional buff to getting the top level of training since currently you essentially do weeks of training just to end up with the default running speed. So I was thinking of maybe adding 10% or 20% running speed once 'Arched Feet' has been achieved.

My initial idea was just to seen how Skooma Whores Skooma drug added a speed buff and just emulating that in xEdit, but thought asking here might be a sensible first choice.

So using xEdit, what is the cleanest and most efficient way of adding the buff? I assume it would be adding an additional magic effect for speed to the 'Arched Feet' spell, but am not certain.

10 hours ago, Rekuna said:

I really enjoy the High Heels Training mechanic, but was thinking of adding an additional buff to getting the top level of training since currently you essentially do weeks of training just to end up with the default running speed. So I was thinking of maybe adding 10% or 20% running speed once 'Arched Feet' has been achieved.

I'd recommend against it. Any increase to movement speed above base basically makes your character immortal.  It becomes trivially easy to dodge melee attacks by simply stepping back.  To me that's about as un-immersive as you can get, but if you want heels that give super powers, you should absolutely go for it.  

It is very easy to edit the move speed of the various training stages.   Each level of training already has a move speed buff attached to it, you can just change the number.

I would note that the current mechanics do justify using heels as you get a speech buff for wearing fashion items.  Heels are also generally very cheap to buy gold wise and can be taken on and off easily.  Other fashion options like makeup require significant and regular gold spending to maintain. 

11 hours ago, Rekuna said:

Hi Guys,

My initial idea was just to seen how Skooma Whores Skooma drug added a speed buff and just emulating that in xEdit, but thought asking here might be a sensible first choice.

So using xEdit, what is the cleanest and most efficient way of adding the buff? I assume it would be adding an additional magic effect for speed to the 'Arched Feet' spell, but am not certain.

Doesn't make sense tbh. If you could run faster in High Heels, athletes would be using them for sports all the time... ;)

11 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

Doesn't make sense tbh. If you could run faster in High Heels, athletes would be using them for sports all the time...

I have mine set up to got from big penalty>small penalty>no penalty>small penalty.  It's exaggerated but follows a realistic progression track from untrained>novice>expert>damaged. 

I like to play up the poverty trap and addiction trap in my playthroughs.  My PCs get into fashion for the buffs in the early game and then slowly find themselves hooked on it, not really getting much benefit but finding themselves unable to bear leaving the house without their makeup and hair done with high-heels on.   I think it's a great representation of the impracticalities of fashion.

My dream would to get some more mechanics add more mechanics to encourage or require PC's to try out fashion items.  Maybe dress codes in certain game areas, or wandering influencers that would impact fashion addiction simulating sudden jealousy ect. 

On 12/1/2022 at 9:57 PM, Darkwing241 said:

I'd recommend against it. Any increase to movement speed above base basically makes your character immortal.  It becomes trivially easy to dodge melee attacks by simply stepping back.  To me that's about as un-immersive as you can get, but if you want heels that give super powers, you should absolutely go for it.  

It is very easy to edit the move speed of the various training stages.   Each level of training already has a move speed buff attached to it, you can just change the number.

I would note that the current mechanics do justify using heels as you get a speech buff for wearing fashion items.  Heels are also generally very cheap to buy gold wise and can be taken on and off easily.  Other fashion options like makeup require significant and regular gold spending to maintain. 

That's a good point I didn't consider. Do you mean immortal in terms of game mechanics messing with hitboxs with too much speed, or if you just mean I would be able to dodge to easily and cheese (engine glitch vs user cheesing)? If it's the latter, I would probably only go with maybe a 5-10% speed increase, just so I have something to show for all the training.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:30 PM, ebbluminous said:

Doesn't make sense tbh. If you could run faster in High Heels, athletes would be using them for sports all the time... ;)

Yeah I know haha, I would just headcannon it as some Skyrim magical ability involving a trained high heel user where the extra height = longer strides, therefore extra speed.

3 hours ago, Rekuna said:

That's a good point I didn't consider. Do you mean immortal in terms of game mechanics messing with hitboxs with too much speed, or if you just mean I would be able to dodge to easily and cheese (engine glitch vs user cheesing)? If it's the latter, I would probably only go with maybe a 5-10% speed increase, just so I have something to show for all the training.

A little of both, to be honest.  I know some players just don't dodge melee attacks for whatever reason, if you play that way it would be less problematic.  It's pretty easy to run by/away from enemies as is, so you'd have to abstain from that too. 

3 hours ago, Rekuna said:

Yeah I know haha, I would just headcannon it as some Skyrim magical ability involving a trained high heel user where the extra height = longer strides, therefore extra speed.

This is the important thing, Immersion does not mean realism it is all about internal consistency.  If in your world High Heels are just a functionally better shoe once you are trained, that's just fine.  In my world the fun is having to sacrifice for beauty.  This is the whole spirit of modding, different games for different people.

On 12/1/2022 at 4:02 AM, Balgin said:

Where are you looking? When you enter the Hall of Attainment through the ground floor door turn to your left. It should be lying on top of the lid of a barrel beside the door. It's very easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

Yeah thats where I am looking just a barrel though no note. 

On 12/6/2022 at 9:20 AM, Ash7141 said:

Yeah thats where I am looking just a barrel though no note. 

Did the note get knocked down somehow?  Try "twf" in the console to toggle wire-frame mode - that should let you see if it dropped behind the barrel or something (twf twice more to return to normal).