For a mod I'm working on, I need to force the player into wearing piercings. I have YPS acknowledging the piercings as piercings, but now it rejects them as the player's slots aren't pierced. I know I can use Devious keywords for the nipple and clit, but that's not an option for the other slots. Triggering a piercing event only results in stage 1 training-stud-only pierces, and I can't see any other way.

What can I do to immediately set a piercing slot to fully and permanently pierced?

Edited by jib_buttkiss
1 hour ago, jib_buttkiss said:

What can I do to immediately set a piercing slot to fully and permanently pierced?

While I'm not sure you should check the earlobe piercing kit as it immediately sets the hole to "can wear all". You might be able to copy that code and set something to permanent (instead of can heal all). Alternatively locked piercings won't fall out (soldered or DD locked). Devious device piercings won't fall out of fresh holes because they're locked on.

On 2/17/2023 at 7:34 AM, Abraxas67 said:

I think this comes from YpsPiercingTicker

Function AddAddictionBuff()

if FashionAddictionBuffLevel > 0
        PlayerActor.AddSpell(FashionAddictionBuffs[FashionAddictionBuffLevel])

the FashionAddiction is the spell. If you figure out how to silence spell effects, please tell me, as it would interest me too for my tweaks. The only thing I found was

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56545?tab=description

and that modifies the mesh. I will try adding

, false

as in

PlayerActor.AddSpell(FashionAddictionBuffs[FashionAddictionBuffLevel], false)

On 2/17/2023 at 8:15 PM, chaimhewast said:

That will just remove the message in the notifications about the spell being added. I think what you need to do is clear the "Hit Effect Art" (set to NULL in xEdit or NONE in the CK) in the magic effects ypsEffBuffSpeech (xx802AA7F) and ypsEffDebuffSpeech (xx802AA87).

Thanks for posting a fix for it, i was shocked that nobody else found it annoying.

I did a google search and cant find the answer so I am going to type it here. When talking to Tris Shadowrunner (In tandem with the piercing quest for Wartimes) I talk to her, she does dialogue well, but after dialogue the piercings don't show up, the smoldering animation doesn't proc, etc. I had a game previous were everything worked. I started a new game, no changes to mods and now it isn't working... Help?

13 minutes ago, Sierrok said:

I did a google search and cant find the answer so I am going to type it here. When talking to Tris Shadowrunner (In tandem with the piercing quest for Wartimes) I talk to her, she does dialogue well, but after dialogue the piercings don't show up, the smoldering animation doesn't proc, etc. I had a game previous were everything worked. I started a new game, no changes to mods and now it isn't working... Help?

In slaveTats- settings click add new tatoos. and in YPS click monitor piercing slots.

20 minutes ago, Sierrok said:

I have done both those things to no avail. Tris talks as though it should work, but then it jumps to the end, saying return to Father (Wartime's a Daughters tale) but make sure it worked. and nothing. No earrings. 

It's a Wartimes issue. You need to make sure you've got the latest version of Zaz animation pack installed. The animations won't necessarily play but a lot of Wartimes doesn't function (or outright crashes to desktop) without a recent version of Zaz. Going to the meadery to pick up drinks for the party would literally crash the game when he's supposed to give you the drinks to take back if Zaz wasn't instaleld and up to date.

|It turns out I had a very outdated version of Zaz).

Also make sure you've got all the "optional" Wartimes required mods and a load order that looks something like this:

Hard Core Requirements
SexLab, Dawnguard, HearthFires, Dragonborn, ZazAnimationPack, Alternate Start, Amputator, SD+, Simple Slavery, I'll take the Display Model (dcc-dm2), SD Cages, Devious Devices Expansion, SkyUI, Beeing Female

SD Cages requires Sd Patches, Sd Patches requires Skyrim Utility Mod, Skyrim Utility Mod requires  UI Extensions (UIE)* (also used for YPS)
check load order

recommended load order
SUM
SDc
SD+
SDP

The cages won't appear without Zaz. Collecting the drinks will hard crash without Zaz. The Wartimes piercing events will not happen without Zaz (the YPS piercing events will occur without Zaz but Wartimes blocks some or most of them). An easy way to check Zaz is walk from father's house to the Whiterun stables. If you see a great big cage behind the stable with dogs in it then Zaz is installed. If there's no cage - no Zaz. You then might need to check it's a recent version of Zaz as well.

I have everything as you described it and am still running into the issue. This one has really gotten me stumped.

The worst part is that the previous game I was running worked fine with all these issues I am now having. 

Edited by Sierrok
1 hour ago, Sierrok said:

I have everything as you described it and am still running into the issue. This one has really gotten me stumped.

The worst part is that the previous game I was running worked fine with all these issues I am now having. 

Hmm. Do you have all the YPS requirements? 1 or 2 of them are easy to miss. I think you either need UI Extended or Extended UI (2 separate mods) and may very well need both of them (you'll definitely need both if you're playing Wartimes as well).

With the forums in Wartimes and this one, I was able to find the answer. I had all the requirements, and one too many for YPS. I had a extra Underwear file in the UIStoragedata folder. Removing that, fixed everything :) Thanks for the help that guided me to this :)

Edited by Sierrok
4 hours ago, Sierrok said:

With the forums in Wartimes and this one, I was able to find the answer. I had all the requirements, and one too many for YPS. I had a extra Underwear file in the UIStoragedata folder. Removing that, fixed everything :) Thanks for the help that guided me to this :)

That's okay. I follow the Wartimes thread to keep up to date on Monoman's YPS tweak :). I saw your post already. Glad you got it sorted.

2 hours ago, CuriouslyWeird1 said:

Asking again because I did a fresh install. YPS is turinign my hair jet black and it wont stop unless I disable head hair control in MCM and then reset the color in showracemenu. Anyone else have this issue or a fix for it?

Do you have hormones installed? I only get this happen when I have both mods and I set Hormones to be able to change hair colour

4 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Do you have hormones installed? I only get this happen when I have both mods and I set Hormones to be able to change hair colour

Definitely a known Hormones issue.

Anyone else have this issue or a fix for it?

Try this: In the YPS MCM turn on hair control, do not enable the Disable hair colour control option, leave hair dye grows out (bleaching) on or off - your choice (and if it's turned off set hair colouration persistence and hair colour fade interval to your desired values).

Then in the Hormones MCM on the body changes page disable Change Hair colour. That button forces the Bimbo hair change values displayed on the next 3 buttons (colour shift, colour shift value and colour shift mod). These would conflict with YPS. The Bimbo curse should still transform your natural hair colour to bleached blonde (or peroxide blonde - I can't remember which) using YPS instead of the values in the Hormones menu. That's part of the bimbo curse. It'll detect YPS if it's there and if you've got two competing mods trying to change the hair it can go black and textureless.

Alternatively, if you'd rather use the Hormones colour shifts, simply go into YPS and click the Disable Hair Colour option in the hair page of the YPS MCM and enable the change hair colour in the body changes page of the Hormones MCM.

If neither of these solutions work then you've got a bigger problem and I'm not quite sure how to help you.

18 hours ago, Balgin said:

Definitely a known Hormones issue.

Try this: In the YPS MCM turn on hair control, do not enable the Disable hair colour control option, leave hair dye grows out (bleaching) on or off - your choice (and if it's turned off set hair colouration persistence and hair colour fade interval to your desired values).

Then in the Hormones MCM on the body changes page disable Change Hair colour. That button forces the Bimbo hair change values displayed on the next 3 buttons (colour shift, colour shift value and colour shift mod). These would conflict with YPS. The Bimbo curse should still transform your natural hair colour to bleached blonde (or peroxide blonde - I can't remember which) using YPS instead of the values in the Hormones menu. That's part of the bimbo curse. It'll detect YPS if it's there and if you've got two competing mods trying to change the hair it can go black and textureless.

Alternatively, if you'd rather use the Hormones colour shifts, simply go into YPS and click the Disable Hair Colour option in the hair page of the YPS MCM and enable the change hair colour in the body changes page of the Hormones MCM.

If neither of these solutions work then you've got a bigger problem and I'm not quite sure how to help you.

Thank you! Would you say one work around is better to use or more stable than the other? If not, the second option is working for me just fine!

• 3 weeks later...

hey, i ran into an issue when i change up my hair. im at mid-back right now and the default is butterfly097 (might be 098 ?) and when i use a hairband it works well and good but the problem arrises when i remove the hairband and my hair is set to one of the default vanilla hairdos, nord02 i think. i then set my hair to grow and found that its the default for the next length as well (waist). the hairbands work still its just the defaults that are getting messed up. just wondering if anyone knows a fix.

im on se but i figured id post on both forums as this one seems to get more traffic

50 minutes ago, magicmike1234 said:

hey, i ran into an issue when i change up my hair. im at mid-back right now and the default is butterfly097 (might be 098 ?) and when i use a hairband it works well and good but the problem arrises when i remove the hairband and my hair is set to one of the default vanilla hairdos, nord02 i think. i then set my hair to grow and found that its the default for the next length as well (waist). the hairbands work still its just the defaults that are getting messed up. just wondering if anyone knows a fix.

im on se but i figured id post on both forums as this one seems to get more traffic

That's pretty normal for the hairbands actually. You might want to check you've got custom defaults set up for whatever hairstyle you got before using the band so that it will hopefully revert back afterwards.

9 hours ago, Balgin said:

That's pretty normal for the hairbands actually. You might want to check you've got custom defaults set up for whatever hairstyle you got before using the band so that it will hopefully revert back afterwards.

setting up custom defaults worked! thanks for the help! i just need to find a hairdo for each length now, any recomendations?

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't figure out how to change the base hair color. Do I have to deactivate and then reactivate the mod, or is there another way to do it?

I figured it out, there's a debug option that I didn't see on the main page.

Edited by BaldProphet
On 2/19/2023 at 5:21 AM, jib_buttkiss said:

For a mod I'm working on, I need to force the player into wearing piercings. I have YPS acknowledging the piercings as piercings, but now it rejects them as the player's slots aren't pierced. I know I can use Devious keywords for the nipple and clit, but that's not an option for the other slots. Triggering a piercing event only results in stage 1 training-stud-only pierces, and I can't see any other way.

You could try:

SendModEvent("yps-LockPiercingsEvent")

Of course, better would be a new ModEvent added to YPS. ?

A special note to everybody:

Many years I have been absent from this forum, sorry for that.

I've been doing ok, and nothing particular serious happened to me, but sometimes life develops in different directions, and we have to move on.

The last few days I have looked again at Skyrim modding, and found that I have forgotten most of the skills. Oh my, is this complicated! ?

I have no time to read through 3 years of posts, sorry.

Before I even consider to continue working, could somebody answer this question:

I have noticed that DD 4.x (= 3 mods) has been condensed to a single mod. Since YPS is relying on DD 4.x, a first step could be to make it compatible with the DD 5.x (which is quite a lot of work!). Or should I just continue with the old DD versions?

Edited by emily1673