2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

A special note to everybody:

Many years I have been absent from this forum, sorry for that.

I've been doing ok, and nothing particular serious happened to me, but sometimes life develops in different directions, and we have to move on.

The last few days I have looked again at Skyrim modding, and found that I have forgotten most of the skills. Oh my, is this complicated! ?

I have no time to read through 3 years of posts, sorry.

Before I even consider to continue working, could somebody answer this question:

I have noticed that DD 4.x (= 3 mods) has been condensed to a single mod. Since YPS is relying on DD 4.x, a first step could be to make it compatible with the DD 5.x (which is quite a lot of work!). Or should I just continue with the old DD versions?

Welcome back to LL

Personally I've been using the SE version with DD 5.5 SE without any problems, I can't spesk for everyone else of course.

Edited by Fredfish
2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Or should I just continue with the old DD versions

Wow, nice to meet you :)

for the DD versions, it shouldn't be a problem. As far I know, references didn't change.

Probably will work on old or new versions without a problem.

8 hours ago, emily1673 said:

I have noticed that DD 4.x (= 3 mods) has been condensed to a single mod. Since YPS is relying on DD 4.x, a first step could be to make it compatible with the DD 5.x (which is quite a lot of work!). Or should I just continue with the old DD versions?

Super good to see you back, YPS is one of my all time favorite mods and it's been getting a lot of traction lately with tie ins to other mods.

I would recommend updating to the newer versions of devious devices.  Compatibility tends to drift apart, you could probably get by for a while but bit by bit you would end up in a world where YPS wouldn't be able to be used alongside other mods that have moved on to the other versions.

You may want to reach out to Monoman1, he has made a few patches for YPS that may be worth integrating. 

10 hours ago, emily1673 said:

I've been doing ok, and nothing particular serious happened to me, but sometimes life develops in different directions, and we have to move on.

The last few days I have looked again at Skyrim modding, and found that I have forgotten most of the skills. Oh my, is this complicated! ?

Before I even consider to continue working, could somebody answer this question:

Welcome back. I've been using DD 5.2 and YPS with no issues (SE version)

Emily's back?!

13 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Emily is back! That's cause for celebration in and of itself. If you're feeling a bit out of practice that's totally fine. Take your time. Don't rush yourself. Just do what you're comfortable with. No pressure.

You might want to take a look at a few YPS mod tweaks that came out during your absence from different authors. I can send you a bundle of files if you'd like. As for DD I know that I've held off on upgrading to a more recent version purely because of this mod (YPS). I know that DD changed some piercing slots but I'd say it's up to you which version of DD you'd like to work with.

Edited by Balgin

Alright, just posted a new version. Nothing spectacular, just a few tweaks:

v. 6.2.2
- girl talk can now be disabled in MCM (in the new section “NPC Interaction”)
- BOS clit piercings will be detected by this mod
- for modders: Toenail polish applied by a mod event is now showing in the mirror correctly.
- for modders: It is now possible to apply immediately dried nail polish by calling a mod event and using the string argument “immediate”. The player no longer needs to wait until the nail polish has dried. Call the mod event like this: SendModEvent("yps-FingerNailsEvent", "immediate", int ColorCode) or SendModEvent("yps-ToeNailsEvent",  “immediate”, int ColorCode)
- for modders: Some mods want to insert a piercing, which will conflict with YPS piercing monitor automatically removing jewelry if the body has not been pierced. New solution: If a negative PiercingSlot is given when calling the mod event, no piercing sequence will be played, no jewelry will be inserted and the slot will count as immediately healed. E.g. the following mod event will have the earlobes immediately pierced and fully healed: SendModEvent("yps-PiercingEvent", "", -1)

v. 6.2.2 is not compatible with Monoman's Mod Tweaks, sorry.

Hope this works, haven't done modding for a long time. ?

Edited by emily1673
29 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

In which case it's probably also not compatible with Aegis Outfitter's (specifically the "Realistic eyeshadow" option) or the other YPS tweak that I can't remember the name of.

Here's a bundle of hair config files that I did for different mods. The Dint hair pack 2 one is currently being updated as I found a more up to date version of the mod with about 16 more hair models added.

ypsFashionHairConfigFiles.zip

That folder contains FULL KS hair config (it took a long time), full KS hdt hair config, HHairstyles, dint's hairpack (and partial/old dint's hair pack 2), MacKom's lore hairstyles set, and possibly a few others.

Edited by Balgin
1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

Alright, just posted a new version. Nothing spectacular, just a few tweaks:

v. 6.2.2
- girl talk can now be disabled in MCM (in the new section “NPC Interaction”)
- BOS clit piercings will be detected by this mod
- for modders: Toenail polish applied by a mod event is now showing in the mirror correctly.
- for modders: It is now possible to apply immediately dried nail polish by calling a mod event and using the string argument “immediate”. The player no longer needs to wait until the nail polish has dried. Call the mod event like this: SendModEvent("yps-FingerNailsEvent", "immediate", int ColorCode) or SendModEvent("yps-ToeNailsEvent",  “immediate”, int ColorCode)
- for modders: Some mods want to insert a piercing, which will conflict with YPS piercing monitor automatically removing jewelry if the body has not been pierced. New solution: If a negative PiercingSlot is given when calling the mod event, no piercing sequence will be played, no jewelry will be inserted and the slot will count as immediately healed. E.g. the following mod event will have the earlobes immediately pierced and fully healed: SendModEvent("yps-PiercingEvent", "", -1)

Hope this works, haven't done modding for a long time. ?

Cheers for the update. Now praying that some nice hero(ine) does a SE version soon... :)

1 hour ago, Balgin said:

In which case it's probably also not compatible with Aegis Outfitter's (specifically the "Realistic eyeshadow" option) or the other YPS tweak that I can't remember the name of.

Here's a bundle of hair config files that I did for different mods. The Dint hair pack 2 one is currently being updated as I found a more up to date version of the mod with about 16 more hair models added.

ypsFashionHairConfigFiles.zip 22.66 kB · 1 download

That folder contains FULL KS hair config (it took a long time), full KS hdt hair config, HHairstyles, dint's hairpack (and partial/old dint's hair pack 2), MacKom's lore hairstyles set, and possibly a few others.

Thank you!

I am aware of Momoman's tweak.

Feel free to point out (or send me) any important tweaks that have been done to this mod.

If time allows, I will try to integrate them.

Welcome back! Really looking forward to a continuation of the Dibella Quest - and any other Quest you see fit to give us.

I also recommend moving on to the Devious Devices 5.x series. If you have problems, a lot of folks here can help you.

If you do feel the modding urge again, please consider moving to SE. SE is almost free now, and the increased stability is worth it.

I do hope some kind soul hops on the SE conversion. In the interim, I may have to try my own.

19 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Thank you!

I am aware of Momoman's tweak.

Feel free to point out (or send me) any important tweaks that have been done to this mod.

If time allows, I will try to integrate them.

Here you go.

Monoman's Mod Tweak

adjusts pubic hair growth, turns the nylons into an equippable item with ground models and other nylon tweaks)

Scroll down slightly past the Wartimes tweak, YPS is the second mod tweak in the post.

v2.4
- Fixed glowing stockings with thanks to safado.

v2.3

- Major changes to nail polish API variables to better convey the current state of your polish to outside mods.

v2.2

- Removed debug message box.

v2.1

- FoMod Installer.

v2.0 

- Sends 'Should dye hair' event.

v1.9
- Piercings equipped status available via StorageUtil and piercing change event.
- Added minimum cost slider for piercings.
- Yps has a strange mechanic where a vendor will refuse to unweld a piercing unless it's healed (which is fine) and a random number matches (which is weird). Replaced this random number match with a simple cost to unweld which is easier to understand.
- Sends hair colour change, can change hair colour, can refresh hair dye events and sets global StorageUtil variables.

Fixed applying pubic hair via 'SOS - Pubic Hair for Females'. Changed growth stages to: Bare, strip, bush, wild, untamed, untamed (stage 5 is the same as there aren't enough meshes. And yes I know pubic hair doesn't grow like this but I don't care)

Trim your pubic hair into a desired shape (strip, bush, wild) instead of just shaving it off completely. Though shaving is still an option of course. 

Sets various global StorageUtil variables and sends mod events allowing external mods to track your appearance for reasons... Includes lipstick, eyeshadow, nail polish (both), pubic hair, fashion buff level change, fashion addiction level change, hair stage change.

Added 5 different strength potions of hair growth.

Allowed shaving your pussy while wearing a corset. Disallowed shaving while wearing a harness instead.

Fixed a couple of potential sources of log spam.

Aegis Outfitters

originally an expansion for Deep Blue Frog's Hormones mod, subfolders 1 & 2 contain some alternative eyeshadow textures for YPS that makes them more "subtle/natural". Also contains some earrings that are intended to look large and tacky. Also contains some darker eyebrows so the character can look like a 1990's chav or Emilia CLarke as Daenerys with bleached blonde hair and dark brown eyebrows (but not as extreme).

SLH Addon v1.02 LE.zip

The earrings from Aegis Outfitters available on their own.

[Aegis] Hoop Earrings SMP LE.zip

There was only one other YPS plugin produced. It was small, subtle, and I can't honestly remember what it does plus it's rather hard to find these days. I believe the author's username began with an O. I can't find it right now. Sorry. My YPS backup folder stretches to multiple gigabytes and I don't seem to have a copy of that tweak inside it so either I kept a backup outside or it was so small and minor of a tweak as to not need a backup keeping. 

Edited by Balgin
1 hour ago, Balgin said:

Thank you, this is really helpful.

I will in particular try to include those changes other mods might be relying on. However, it seems that most changes are of the type "nice to have", rather than "game breaking", so they can be adjusted more slowly over time.

A quick assessment:

"nice to have", but not strictly required:

• adjust pubic hair growth
  • turn the nylons into an equippable item with ground models
  • Added minimum cost slider for piercings.
  • Replaced random number match with a simple cost to unweld

Possibly affecting other mods:

• Major changes to nail polish API variables to better convey the current state of your polish to outside mods.
  • Sends 'Should dye hair' event.
  • Piercings equipped status available via StorageUtil and piercing change event.
  • Sends hair colour change, can change hair colour, can refresh hair dye events and sets global StorageUtil variables.

Question here: are there actually any mods out there using these StorageUtil variables or mod events? It doesn't seem to be the case, but if yes, I should update them as soon as possible; if not, it is also just "nice to have".

Can be included quickly without much effort:

• Aegis Outfitters textures and earrings (actually: eyebrow mascara would be a nice new feature ?, but that needs some work)
  • hairstyle config files by Balgin (thank you again!)

So overall, it is not looking too bad.

Any comments?

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

Welcome back! Really looking forward to a continuation of the Dibella Quest - and any other Quest you see fit to give us.

I also recommend moving on to the Devious Devices 5.x series. If you have problems, a lot of folks here can help you.

If you do feel the modding urge again, please consider moving to SE. SE is almost free now, and the increased stability is worth it.

I do hope some kind soul hops on the SE conversion. In the interim, I may have to try my own.

I've been considering to switch to SE for quite a while, but back in 2020, people still thought that LE has some advantages.

I never did a SE conversion by myself (they have been done by Gnaddelwarz and yeahhowaboutnooo), and if I would switch to SE now, everything would be new to me, and it would delay everything. So I will continue with LE for the time being.

It would be great if somebody could help out with future SE conversions; but they only need to be done for "big" upgrades, not for every small upgrade (like the recently posted 6.2.2).

Edited by emily1673
17 minutes ago, Karkhel said:

Love your mod, it has a permanent place in my modlist, especially with how its integrated into Wartimes tweaked.

Interesting comment.

If I got it right, Wartimes is this mod:

And Wartimes tweaked is here:

Is that correct?

Question to you:

Is Wartimes relying on YPS? If so, does it need the tweak by Monoman, or does it work without?

18 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Interesting comment.

If I got it right, Wartimes is this mod:

And Wartimes tweaked is here:

Is that correct?

Question to you:

Is Wartimes relying on YPS? If so, does it need the tweak by Monoman, or does it work without?

Wartimes has a feature where the player can enter into a form of indentured servitude. Sometimes the master makes fashion demands of the player (including being sent to Solitude to get piercings). Wartimes isn't relying on YPS. The fashion features are in Monoman's mod tweak MCM and can be turned on if YPS is being used or left turned off. So it's not relying on it as a core requirement but it's integrated as an optional tie in/mod integration. Likewise Monoman's Sexlab Survival mod (often known as SLS) has some features where npc's might cut a character's hair, dye it, or apply crudely smeared makeup after rough sex (or rape).

For the scenes where the player is sent to Tris Shadowrunner with a list of piercings to acquire those are separately handled by the Wartimes tweak but require the YPS mod to function. However those scenes are only available if YPS is being used and they also fail to run if an outdated version of Zaz animation pack is being used (it took me a while to work that one out).

I don't use Wartimes much myself but I'll occasionally run a character through it once in a blue moon.

Question here: are there actually any mods out there using these StorageUtil variables or mod events? It doesn't seem to be the case, but if yes, I should update them as soon as possible; if not, it is also just "nice to have".

Currently the mods using the StorageUtil variables would be Monoman's mod tweak for pchs_Wartimes & Monoman's Sexlab Survival (which also has wartimes integration). Beyond that I'm not aware of any other mods using that function.

The should dye hair event is merely a message similar to the piercing status messages.

• hairstyle config files by Balgin (thank you again!)

Your welcome.

The config file for dint hair pack 2 is for version 0.09. I'm currently updating it to dint hairpack 2 version SLE 1.1 (FULL) which I recently discovered. It's taking longer than expected because it likes to crash Racemenu between hairs 16&26. I can look up the models in the folders but some hairs have alternate versions which look quite different and some do not so I tend to have to go through racemenu checking them (and also using racemenu's camera to check the lengths of each of them as well). I'll upload an updated config file for that mod when I'm able.

Edited by Balgin

Well while I was typing you got a better response above :D I will then just say that wartimes and SL survival use this mod really well, you get immerssive ways of starting out with fashion elements out of pragmatism or necessity. I can roleplay to a certain degree, but its nice having genuine reasons to use something and then having it spiral so you have to use it long term eventually.

Thank you for the clarification! I have missed out 3 years of development, so it is very helpful.

It seems that the Wartimes tweak is an interesting addition, but it will require some work to get all the changes included into the mod itself.

But at least I understand the situation now.