1 hour ago, Balgin said:

It absolutely does. It depends on which slots are used and which keywords the items have and it tries to detect item names that might be piercings as well. That being said, some recent piercing mods do not get detected but most of the popular ones do.

Ok thanks, I am mostly asking because I have an armor mod that uses piercings which aren't detected by YPS and I was hoping to make a patch for it (if possible I want to avoid changing the slot as I've tried messing around with that in Outfit Studio in the past but have always ended up breaking things).

So I guess I should have been more specific initially - can you (or anyone) tell me what I need to add to an armor piece's properties in xEdit or whatever to have it recognized by YPS? In case it does end up being relevant, the specific armor piece I'm looking at occupies slot 52 which I'm assuming would never typically be associated with piercings.

Edited by asdj1239
35 minutes ago, asdj1239 said:

Ok thanks, I am mostly asking because I have an armor mod that uses piercings which aren't detected by YPS and I was hoping to make a patch for it (if possible I want to avoid changing the slot as I've tried messing around with that in Outfit Studio in the past but have always ended up breaking things).

So I guess I should have been more specific initially - can you (or anyone) tell me what I need to add to an armor piece's properties in xEdit or whatever to have it recognized by YPS? In case it does end up being relevant, the specific armor piece I'm looking at occupies slot 52 which I'm assuming would never typically be associated with piercings.

Oof. Had to search quite hard to rediscover this.

Earrings:

any slot 43 item, if name contains any of these substrings: "ring", "pierc*", "cuff", "plug", "Moonrise", "Tempest", "Prisonic Fairytale", "Edelweiss", "Dream Dusk", "Blood Thorn", "Kestrel's Call", "Rising Sun" or "Ear Bell"

any slot 44/45/50/55 item, if name contains: "earring", "earcuff", "earplug", "ear pierc*", "ear cuff", "ear ring" or "creola"

Nostril:

any slot 55 item, if name contains "spiral nose ring" or "nose piercing"

Septum:

any slot 44 item, if name contains "septum", "nose chain", "piercing combo 3" or "nose ring"

any slot 55 item, if name contains "septum" or "nose ring"

Snake bites:

any slot 44 item, if name contains "snake bite"

any slot 55 item, if name contains "collide lip piercing"

Lip spike:

any slot 44 item, that contains "lip spike" or "spider bite"

Labret:

any slot 44 item that contains "vertical labret"

Eyebrow:

any slot 44 item that contains "eyebrow" or "piercing combo 2"

any slot 32 item that contains "nasal stud and"

Nose bridge:

any slot 44 item that contains "nose bridge", "nosebridge" or "piercing combo 2"

Navel:

any slot 54 or 56 item that contains "navel"

any slot 57 item that contains "navel" or "barbell"

Nipples:

any slot 32/43/44/45/50/51/54/55/56/57/60 item that contains "nippleshield", "nipple piercing", "piercing nipple", "nipplering", "nipple ring" or "nipplesring"

plus any DD item with the proper flags

Clit:

any slot 32/43/44/45/50/51/54/55/56/57/60 item that contains "piercing labia", "vaginal piercing", "labiarings", "labia ring", "AH1" or "(lp)"

plus any DD item with the proper flags

Edited by Balgin
37 minutes ago, Balgin said:

Oof. Had to search quite hard to rediscover this.

Thank you so much for that. Saved me a bunch of time trying to understand the FindPiercing() function (was not going well haha).

So it sounds like all I need to do is change the item name and make sure it's in the correct slot for YPS to detect it? I am also curious if you know what the DD "proper flags" are for nipple piercings, it sounds like in that instance maybe I can skirt the slot issue if I can add those to the relevant item in xEdit.

Edited by asdj1239
18 minutes ago, asdj1239 said:

Thank you so much for that. Saved me a bunch of time trying to understand the FindPiercing() function (was not going well haha).

So it sounds like all I need to do is change the item name and make sure it's in the correct slot for YPS to detect it? I am also curious if you know what the DD "proper flags" are for nipple piercings, it sounds like in that instance maybe I can skirt the slot issue if I can add those to the relevant item in xEdit.

DD changed piercings slots when it went to version 5. I don't have up to date information on that. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am in need of some assistance xD

I got the YPS mod v6.2.1 but when I try to install it with Mod Organizer I get an error about the Wizard.txt file, when the installer checks for Wyre version it gets a INT instead of STRING, so I fixed that inside the archive myself and I try to install again but I get another warning saying my skyrim version is outdated... did I miss something? Is this not for Skyrim SE?
(V6.0.0 works just fine)

using file from here:

Apparently the installer checks for version "1.9.32.0" which is LE, but the installer is SE&LE... bro what

Edited by Ozzymand

Good day everyone,

I have installed this mod and everything works fine except the makeup, lipstick and eyeshadow. I can apply it, but I don't see the effect on the face of my character. I checked and added the 2 makeup addons I found on the slavetats page but it doesn't change anything. It is like I do not have the correct tats? I am confused, I believev I have installed everything properly with all requirements. Any idea why I cannot see the lipstick and eyeshadow on my face? 

23 minutes ago, jaden55555 said:

Good day everyone,

I have installed this mod and everything works fine except the makeup, lipstick and eyeshadow. I can apply it, but I don't see the effect on the face of my character. I checked and added the 2 makeup addons I found on the slavetats page but it doesn't change anything. It is like I do not have the correct tats? I am confused, I believev I have installed everything properly with all requirements. Any idea why I cannot see the lipstick and eyeshadow on my face? 

Did you follow the instructions about making sure you had enough Nioverride slots for the tattoos to work?

NIOVERRIDE LAYERS (very important and required changes to your SKSE ini files)
If you are using SlaveTats: To be on the safe side for this mod, open the file Data\SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini with an editor and set iNumOverlays=12 for Face, =5 for Body, =3 for Hands, =3 for Feet. On top of that, add the values needed for other mods.
Furthermore, you need to set bEnableFaceOverlays=1
More in depth explanation:

This mod uses more SlaveTat layers than come with the original installation. It is important that you increase the maximum number of layers manually. To do so, count the values you need together according to the following table:

• Earlobe piercings: 2*Face + 2*Face (swap)
  • Nostril, Septum, Right Labret, Central Labret, Right Eyebrow, Nose Bridge piercings: each 1*Face
  • Snake Bites: 1*Face + 1*Face (swap)
  • Navel, Clitoris (Labia is not yet implemented): each 1*Body
  • Nipples: 1*Body + 1*Body (swap)
  • Fingernail polish: 1*Hands + 1*Hands (swap)
  • Toenail polish: 1*Feet + 1*Feet (swap)
  • Lipstick: 1*Face
  • Eyeshadow: 1*Face
  • Pubic hair: 1*Body + 1*Body (swap)
  • Nylons: 1*Body + 1*Feet

Add up the slot numbers; swap slots only count once (even if you use more than one piercing needing a swap slot).
E.g. using Earlobe piercings plus Snake Bites plus Nostril needs: 2+1+1 normal face slots, plus the maximum of 2 swap slots, for a total of 6 face slots.
Then add the corresponding numbers in the file Data\SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini to the variable iNumOverlays in the four sections [Overlays/...]
Note that high values for iNumOverlays may slow down your computer! In particular use a lower number for face overlays, if you don't use that many face fashion items. Maximum number of Overlays in a section is 12 (SlaveTats won't recognize more).

Edited by Balgin

Separate post to avoid muddling the two together.

A day or so ago I came across this:

Stubble mod for beards

I know the mod doesn't currently handle beard growth but I'm leaving the link here for the future in case it ever does grow to include that particular feature. There's been one or two mods in the past that have attempted to simulate beard growth but having some new stubble growth lengths to help close the gap between bum fluff and the shortish beards probably helps with immersion.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Okayupaisen said:

hi sorry to be a bother but i am having trouble getting the hair to work. it is only using the default skyrim hair even though i have ks hairdos installed.  thanks.

I've seen a few other people report this. Have you tried putting YPS really low on your load order (near the bottom)? Most people don't experience this issue and a few might have solved it but I can't remember how they did.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I thought this was weird but awesome at the same time. I have had trouble getting this mod to work and up until today when I was looking up something for sexlab hormones I ended up clicking on the link for this mod. Decided to install the lite version for the hell of it and wouldn't you know the plugin finally showed up in my mod list. Not the lite version either but the 6.2.1 version that I haven't been able to get to work. I don't get it but I'm not complaining I just felt like sharing this. 

On 7/18/2022 at 4:29 PM, dmeac4456 said:

Ok so I thought this was weird but awesome at the same time. I have had trouble getting this mod to work and up until today when I was looking up something for sexlab hormones I ended up clicking on the link for this mod. Decided to install the lite version for the hell of it and wouldn't you know the plugin finally showed up in my mod list. Not the lite version either but the 6.2.1 version that I haven't been able to get to work. I don't get it but I'm not complaining I just felt like sharing this. 

Yep, the Skyrim SE version of this mod is deeply bugged and unplayable, and the LE version fails during the salon hair change during the mod quest. The mod reliability is not in the best state right now.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:14 PM, anonymous515 said:

Yep, the Skyrim SE version of this mod is deeply bugged and unplayable, and the LE version fails during the salon hair change during the mod quest. The mod reliability is not in the best state right now.

Yeah seems that way, but the fact that installing the LE version jump started the SE version was unexpected. Still have issues with most of the piercing not showing up but the ear studs. Same with pubic and armpit hair showing anything even though they show the stages of growth but no actual visual effects. Still waiting to see if head hair growth will work or just tease me with only kinda working. I don't have high hopes, shame because it really is a cool concept.

3 hours ago, dmeac4456 said:

Yeah seems that way, but the fact that installing the LE version jump started the SE version was unexpected. Still have issues with most of the piercing not showing up but the ear studs. Same with pubic and armpit hair showing anything even though they show the stages of growth but no actual visual effects. Still waiting to see if head hair growth will work or just tease me with only kinda working. I don't have high hopes, shame because it really is a cool concept.

Have you set your NiOverride settings accordingly? That's a likely candidate. Also UNP can cause problems as well.

NIOVERRIDE LAYERS (very important and required changes to your SKSE ini files)
If you are using SlaveTats: To be on the safe side for this mod, open the file Data\SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini with an editor and set iNumOverlays=12 for Face, =5 for Body, =3 for Hands, =3 for Feet. On top of that, add the values needed for other mods.
Furthermore, you need to set bEnableFaceOverlays=1
More in depth explanation:

This mod uses more SlaveTat layers than come with the original installation. It is important that you increase the maximum number of layers manually. To do so, count the values you need together according to the following table:

• Earlobe piercings: 2*Face + 2*Face (swap)
  • Nostril, Septum, Right Labret, Central Labret, Right Eyebrow, Nose Bridge piercings: each 1*Face
  • Snake Bites: 1*Face + 1*Face (swap)
  • Navel, Clitoris (Labia is not yet implemented): each 1*Body
  • Nipples: 1*Body + 1*Body (swap)
  • Fingernail polish: 1*Hands + 1*Hands (swap)
  • Toenail polish: 1*Feet + 1*Feet (swap)
  • Lipstick: 1*Face
  • Eyeshadow: 1*Face
  • Pubic hair: 1*Body + 1*Body (swap)
  • Nylons: 1*Body + 1*Feet

Add up the slot numbers; swap slots only count once (even if you use more than one piercing needing a swap slot).
E.g. using Earlobe piercings plus Snake Bites plus Nostril needs: 2+1+1 normal face slots, plus the maximum of 2 swap slots, for a total of 6 face slots.
Then add the corresponding numbers in the file Data\SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini to the variable iNumOverlays in the four sections [Overlays/...]
Note that high values for iNumOverlays may slow down your computer! In particular use a lower number for face overlays, if you don't use that many face fashion items. Maximum number of Overlays in a section is 12 (SlaveTats won't recognize more).

On 7/23/2022 at 7:02 PM, dmeac4456 said:

Would like to see update or a community patch that can make the LE-version's salon hair change sequence more reliable. Any pros reading this?

2 minutes ago, anonymous515 said:

Would like to see update or a community patch that can make the LE-version's salon hair change sequence more reliable. Any pros reading this?

Have you checked Monoman's mod tweaks?

His most up to date yps tweak can be found here:

Scroll down past the Wartimes tweak. YPS is the 2nd tweak in the same post.

On 7/23/2022 at 11:20 PM, Balgin said:

Have you set your NiOverride settings accordingly? That's a likely candidate. Also UNP can cause problems as well.

Yeah that file was part of my problem. I was altering the nioverride.ini which matches the skse64.ini file and until the other day hadn't manage to find the correct file. Now I and seeing the overlays that were not showing up before. At this point the only issue I have is body hair growth but head hair, makeup and piercings are now all showing. All in all i'm satisfied with what I'm getting from the mod

9 minutes ago, dmeac4456 said:

Yeah that file was part of my problem. I was altering the nioverride.ini which matches the skse64.ini file and until the other day hadn't manage to find the correct file. Now I and seeing the overlays that were not showing up before. At this point the only issue I have is body hair growth but head hair, makeup and piercings are now all showing. All in all i'm satisfied with what I'm getting from the mod

What issue are you experiencing with body hair growth? There's a few different possibilities.

8 minutes ago, Balgin said:

What issue are you experiencing with body hair growth? There's a few different possibilities.

Armpit hair doesn't show, and pubic hair not changing. Trying to address pubic hair right now, figure it's got something to do with another mod adding it. The mods I have that deal with that are connected to sos and one connected to slave tats. I do have the nordic warmaiden body hair and can add those overlays in racemenu but otherwise nothing shows.

3 hours ago, dmeac4456 said:

Armpit hair doesn't show, and pubic hair not changing. Trying to address pubic hair right now, figure it's got something to do with another mod adding it. The mods I have that deal with that are connected to sos and one connected to slave tats. I do have the nordic warmaiden body hair and can add those overlays in racemenu but otherwise nothing shows.

You need to get the slavetats version of Warmaiden body hair. I can't remember where it is but it does exist.

Fortunately there's a link in the first post in this thread. Also on the mod page too :).

Hope that helps.

Edited by Balgin
16 minutes ago, Balgin said:

You need to get the slavetats version of Warmaiden body hair. I can't remember where it is but it does exist.

Fortunately there's a link in the first post in this thread. Also on the mod page too :).

Hope that helps.

Yeah i figured that out shortly after my last post when I re-read certain things in the mod, so gonna see if that does the job for me. I just need to figure out what mod added pubic hair that isn't related to sos cause it looks pubic hair may be working but something else is adding pubic hair overlay that doesn't show up and isn't labeled that way in my mod list. But anyway thank you for the help.