Guest jenny2011

i love the idea of female power armor requiring vaginal fluid during use. maybe a vibrator that is inserted when you put the power armor on?

(sorry not sorry, im a bit of an immersion nut so i always go into the inner workings of things even though they probably wont mean anything in the game) 

^This^ is for the best, really. It makes the models feel like they belong, when they're developed from a bottom-up standpoint. The gun looks great and makes a good deal of sense and I'm excited to see it in game and play with it (considering it has good particles, audio and recoil!). Perhaps, at some stage, it could be upgraded into a grenade launcher with a hose attached to a backpack where live parasitic material is funneled into the muzzle before launched at unsuspecting bystanders, kinda like those bloodfly syringes - or an AoE biomass attack on a cooldown where you go full trigun on those asshole raiders. (I feel like a dork offering ideas because I always hate people 'offering ideas' only to get their own version of what they feel is kinky into the project, and to cater specifically to their needs - but I feel this might be an addition to the concept at large. Do with that what you will.)

However I do feel that the armor model is taking too many liberties with how bare it is, especially considering the in-depth sensemaking of the gun. As a tentacle parasite thing attaches itself to you, you don't necessarily lose all of your armor and clothing just like that, and leave a few scraps where the tentacles are supposed to be physically latched onto your form. I'd be interested in seeing a torn vault suit, yes, but one that is still mostly complete at the extremities, and only the parts around where the tentacles attach themselves are torn. The inverse of what you conceptualized here.

The aesthetics and design look good; I like the colours and shapes and I agree with the seeming protection of the symbiont first, host second; I do expect to see some more stages where there is more covering plating, but I believe you already have that in the works. Additionally, to continue my earlier point on character covering, the increase in plating versus decrease in clothing could symbolize the continuing surrender of the 'civilized' PC to the overpowering presense of the symbiont - I think that could be a strong visual and conceptual addition, the increased reliance on an extraneous being for your protection, instead of your own.

Lastly, personally I always feel a collar or helmet w/ a gag symbolizes control over the host (you can't communicate properly anymore and have to rely on the symbiont to allow you to fraternize), and since the DLC now has animated helmets I can see being a thing. I do admit I personally think that's sexy as all hell, but in this case, I also feel it could help the concept.

Whatever you do I am following this project with interest, and if you keep going like this I'm sure you'll get to a place where you launch a great mod.

Best of luck,

~Isel

I'm interested in the idea that that the parasite might expand itself and start to take away more and more of your own freedom. Something like a bio gag or collar would be interesting to explore.

Below are the basic updated stage one armors with new added plating to the shoulders and hips. We felt it need a little more protection than what it offered, at least aesthetically. 

is that slimy thing marking when ever the parasite is ready to advance stage or is it just some visual add on to the suit?

Below are the basic updated stage one armors with new added plating to the shoulders and hips. We felt it need a little more protection than what it offered, at least aesthetically. 

is that slimy thing marking when ever the parasite is ready to advance stage or is it just some visual add on to the suit?

It's just part of the artwork. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is an excellent idea. I think the initial stages should be what is shown and based on radiation levels the things spread even further.

Kind of a risk vs reward system is a really interesting concept imo.

I love where this is going. The concept art looks amazing! Question though, Will it be unisex? Or is it being designed with only women in mind?

If I may put for some suggestions for some weapons

-A serpentine thing that unrolls into a spear

-A urchin like glove that launches spines in a short range cone as its power attack

-a one sided sword that is lined with shark like teeth. It could Snarl when it is drawn

-a "glove" with claws that extend in a showy fashion when equipped. It could be designed to look like its simply a part of the armor.

-A pulsating, bloated weapon that launched blobs that explode on impact to deal poison damage. The "ammo clip" could be in pulsating belly between the grips or along the top of the gun as individual pulsations that "grow back" independently (think how Halo's Needler is designed)

-A bee gun, because why not.......

-A bloat fly gun that shoots their barb things.

-Tentacle grenades. When they explode, the nearest enemy is held in place by short lived tentacles.

Yea we definitely have male players in mind, things like the fluid harvesting system keeps both sexes in mind (some concepts going up soon) and the perks/effects of the power armor and other props keep males in mind as well. You can check the summary on the front page it goes into some of that stuff. Like Skel mentioned before, things are slowing just a bit because of CK testing and people working on some projects of their own. So in the mean time we'll be throwing around ideas and some model updates periodically to get some solid feedback :) 

How's work going?

Right now, our modeler is busy with some job. For a maximum of 2 months there won't be much progress, sorry (At least I'm doing some CK testing). 

I have a slow week ahead and can help with some armor modeling, let me know.  :shy:

With the vertidrone mod you could add small flies that live in the armor and act as scouts or kamikazi's for the user.  Or make a grenade that launches a swarm of bee like creatures at enemies.

All these sound like great ideas, the only limitations being CK and knowledge of CK and then how complex models would be etc etc. There's still a lot of potential out there in terms of what can be done with CK.

That being said, here's a few more concepts i've been workin' on. 

Fluid Harvesting System-meant to be a way for the PC to interface with the creature or part of the creature in order for it to harvest various fluids from the host/user. 

Here's some WEST-TEK branded designs and sketchwork. 

post-466071-0-53362400-1462564737_thumb.jpg

The design is still based loosely around the 'synth reclamation chair' from the institute, mostly because of the animations it uses and the model itself. Below however are some more refined designs, that i think make it it's own thing. And really had the look i had in my head when we went over the idea.

post-466071-0-67860800-1462565053_thumb.jpg

just some line work

post-466071-0-17956200-1462566223_thumb.jpg

At the end of the day, most of this stuff can and probably will change as time goes on, just based on what we can and can't realistically do. But you never know~ 

And as part of this update i decided i'd put up a more refined concept of the Stage 4 Power Armor, see what ya'll think. 

post-466071-0-08480900-1462566582_thumb.jpg

So far this armor is pretty naked, further down the line i'll probably sketch out what the armor pieces for the legs and probably more for the chest area would look like and maybe change the gauntlets a little more, they look a little simple in my opinion. But at this point, the user/host is totally taken over/invaded when they enter the power armor being that the parasite has to protect itself and the user. Hence all the tentacles making up it's body. It also made more sense for the tentacles to begin acting like groups of muscles since it was now a bipedal creature~  

post-466071-0-42941100-1462565354_thumb.jpg

And here are some power armor helmet variants i've been working on. These are some of my favorite things to do variations on, just because there's almost limitless possibilities. some pretty heavy inspiration from Neon Genesis Evangelion, but hey that never hurt anybody.

All these sound like great ideas, the only limitations being CK and knowledge of CK and then how complex models would be etc etc. There's still a lot of potential out there in terms of what can be done with CK.

That being said, here's a few more concepts i've been workin' on. 

Fluid Harvesting System-meant to be a way for the PC to interface with the creature or part of the creature in order for it to harvest various fluids from the host/user. 

Here's some WEST-TEK branded designs and sketchwork. 

attachicon.gifWEST-TEK FHS.jpg

The design is still based loosely around the 'synth reclamation chair' from the institute, mostly because of the animations it uses and the model itself. Below however are some more refined designs, that i think make it it's own thing. And really had the look i had in my head when we went over the idea.

attachicon.gifFluid Harvesting System Blue Prints.jpg

just some line work

At the end of the day, most of this stuff can and probably will change as time goes on, just based on what we can and can't realistically do. But you never know~ 

And as part of this update i decided i'd put up a more refined concept of the Stage 4 Power Armor, see what ya'll think. 

attachicon.gifpower armor.jpg

So far this armor is pretty naked, further down the line i'll probably sketch out what the armor pieces for the legs and probably more for the chest area would look like and maybe change the gauntlets a little more, they look a little simple in my opinion. But at this point, the user/host is totally taken over/invaded when they enter the power armor being that the parasite has to protect itself and the user. Hence all the tentacles making up it's body. It also made more sense for the tentacles to begin acting like groups of muscles since it was now a bipedal creature~  

attachicon.gifStage 4 Power Armor Head Variants Part 1.jpg

And here are some power armor helmet variants i've been working on. These are some of my favorite things to do variations on, just because there's almost limitless possibilities. some pretty heavy inspiration from Neon Genesis Evangelion, but hey that never hurt anybody.

the more i see the more i want.

whoah, interesting stuff. do you guys have anyone doing sculpting work? if not, i can help out. I'd be able to handle most of the modeling/texturing except exporting to nif (haven't looked into the details yet).