Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

Does the neck fix esp in 1.6 work for others? I installed cbbe 1.6, everything is where it is suppose to be per the mod pages faq, esp is activated, but I still get the red neck texture. I've installed, reinstalled, uninstalled other mods( even though none are texture mods ) and the problem still persist.

Does the neck fix esp in 1.6 work for others? I installed cbbe 1.6, everything is where it is suppose to be per the mod pages faq, esp is activated, but I still get the red neck texture. I've installed, reinstalled, uninstalled other mods( even though none are texture mods ) and the problem still persist.

Smudge, I'm using CBBE version 1.6 with the IDA body textures over it, and I don't have the red neck texture problem--with one caveat.

Under normal circumstances everything is perfect. Sometimes if I've been playing for a long while the game starts getting graphical problems such as black heads on light bodies or the neck texture issue you describe. I'm guessing the game may have some type of memory leak which eventually results in problems like this.  When this happens, I exit and restart Fallout 4, and everything goes back to normal.

I do not consider this to be a CBBE issue (nor an issue with any body textures which may be placed over CBBE).  The CBBE .esp works great for me including with the last build.

To answer your question directly, though, it doesn't matter whether you're using the CBBE native textures or another CBBE body texture over it. The .esp works for any of them.

If you're still having neck texture issues I think there must be a problem with your installation. I don't know what the issue is, but there's no problem with uninstalling all body textures, then re-installing CBBE and then after that installing any other body textures you want over it.

Also the latest versions of Fallout 4 have an issue in which they uninstall mods on you.  First make sure in your mod manager the CBBE mod is activated.  And then when you're in the main menu of the Fallout 4 game go into the Mods tab and select the mod order option. Scroll through your mods list and make sure CBBE is active there, too.  It is possible the mod looks active in your mod manager but is not active in the game itself.

Post Script:  Here's a fresh picture showing the back of the neck with CBBE version 1.6 and the Ida/Valkyr textures over it.

http://i.imgur.com/87004OR.jpg?1

Smudge, I'm using CBBE version 1.6 with the IDA body textures over it, and I don't have the red neck texture problem--with one caveat.

Under normal circumstances everything is perfect. Sometimes if I've been playing for a long while the game starts getting graphical problems such as black heads on light bodies or the neck texture issue you describe. I'm guessing the game may have some type of memory leak which eventually results in problems like this.  When this happens, I exit and restart Fallout 4, and everything goes back to normal.

I do not consider this to be a CBBE issue (nor an issue with any body textures which may be placed over CBBE).  The CBBE .esp works great for me including with the last build.

To answer your question directly, though, it doesn't matter whether you're using the CBBE native textures or another CBBE body texture over it. The .esp works for any of them.

If you're still having neck texture issues I think there must be a problem with your installation. I don't know what the issue is, but there's no problem with uninstalling all body textures, then re-installing CBBE and then after that installing any other body textures you want over it.

Also the latest versions of Fallout 4 have an issue in which they uninstall mods on you.  First make sure in your mod manager the CBBE mod is activated.  And then when you're in the main menu of the Fallout 4 game go into the Mods tab and select the mod order option. Scroll through your mods list and make sure CBBE is active there, too.  It is possible the mod looks active in your mod manager but is not active in the game itself.

Post Script:  Here's a fresh picture showing the back of the neck with CBBE version 1.6 and the Ida/Valkyr textures over it.

Thing is I'm getting the red neck patch at the character creation:( I've also tried installing CBBE manually, but to no avail. My game is not loaded down with mods, but the ones it does have are activated.

Thing is I'm getting the red neck patch at the character creation:( I've also tried installing CBBE manually, but to no avail. My game is not loaded down with mods, but the ones it does have are activated.

Hi, Smudge. I'm sorry to hear that. I'll create a new character from scratch and check if I have the same problem on new characters as you do. I'll let you know how it goes. I will message again after I can repeat the test with a new character.

Hi, Smudge.

I just tested creating a new character, and I determined two things from the test.

a.) Yes, during the initial creation itself the back of the neck is red, and

b.) This is out of Caliente and Cell's power because the .esp mods do not get activated until you finish that initial character creation. For instance, I have bullet time and Player Light mods in my game, and the items do not get added to my character until I complete the initial character creation. This means those mods were not activated yet, but they do get activated as soon as I accept the body/face.

Here is a picture of right after body completion. There's a slight color difference between my Ida body and Valkyr face over CBBE version 1.6 because I did not take the time to match the neck type, but you will see there is no red neck and that the CBBE .esp did kick in right away after character creation.

http://i.imgur.com/ogyZsGh.jpg

Hi, Smudge.

I just tested creating a new character, and I determined two things from the test.

a.) Yes, during the initial creation itself the back of the neck is red, and

b.) This is out of Caliente and Cell's power because the .esp mods do not get activated until you finish that initial character creation. For instance, I have bullet time and Player Light mods in my game, and the items do not get added to my character until I complete the initial character creation. This means those mods were not activated yet, but they do get activated as soon as I accept the body/face.

Here is a picture of right after body completion. There's a slight color difference between my Ida body and Valkyr face over CBBE version 1.6 because I did not take the time to match the neck type, but you will see there is no red neck and that the CBBE .esp did kick in right away after character creation.

http://i.imgur.com/ogyZsGh.jpg

You are indeed correct, and I feel stupid. Everything is good after cc:)

Smudge, the red square in the back of the neck is indeed hideous and un-immersive. It is quite sensible to have been concerned by it. I'm just glad it's a momentary issue which goes away after the first menu :)

Smudge, the red square in the back of the neck is indeed hideous and un-immersive. It is quite sensible to have been concerned by it. I'm just glad it's a momentary issue which goes away after the first menu :)

This went up earlier: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12839/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D12839%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D4075640&pUp=1

Its a fix for the NPC's burnt neck patch, though from what I read in the comments section it's not really ideal for novice mod users.

This went up earlier: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12839/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D12839%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D4075640&pUp=1

Its a fix for the NPC's burnt neck patch, though from what I read in the comments section it's not really ideal for novice mod users.

*Nods* I've been following that thread, too, but thanks for linking it, Smudge. I'm glad to see mods like that which try to improve weaknesses in the game or mods, but that approach from the mod is not viable to me because I've been known to switch around body texture mods ten times in a day. Manually copying around texture files each switch rather than using the mod manager to install/uninstall mods would be a pain in the neck :)

If the texture modders end up releasing something built into their mods then I'd be happy to use it, but for now I'm happy with the CBBE .esp solution because it works so well with all the textures regardless of how many times I switch them.

totally off topic but, does anyone know how to get rid of this weird spike coming out of mu characters right side of the mouth, it seems to be related to the bottom lip, because if I increase the size of it, the size of the spike increases too, and if I adjust the angle of my "mouth corner" feature, the angle of the spike changes too, please it is really a thorn in my eye :(

Did you use Face03?, if so, you may need to chose a different face as i had that same bug.

After testing most of the faces, it seemed to only happen with Face03.

Don't know if I used face03 or not, but I've got this issue and it's gone beyond the mouth corners and now I have vertices extend through the ends of the jawline. Is there any way to get presets with Doc Crocker without the console (Survival), as Face Ripper doesn't work with 1.5.

@cell

I'm having a little trouble. This obj crashes outfit studio whenever I try to import it, and I've no idea why. It's exported from Blender. I've tried every conceivable export setting, no luck. It's a piece of a larger outfit, and all the other parts in the outfit import just fine, it's just this one piece that's problematic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ij8c9powdm0yhv/untitled_export.obj?dl=0

Also, for whatever reason, obj vertex normals do not get imported into outfit studio whenever the import doesn't fail, leaving meshes flat-shaded.

Any ideas?

@cell

I'm having a little trouble. This obj crashes outfit studio whenever I try to import it, and I've no idea why. It's exported from Blender. I've tried every conceivable export setting, no luck. It's a piece of a larger outfit, and all the other parts in the outfit import just fine, it's just this one piece that's problematic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ij8c9powdm0yhv/untitled_export.obj?dl=0

Also, for whatever reason, obj vertex normals do not get imported into outfit studio whenever the import doesn't fail, leaving meshes flat-shaded.

Any ideas?

Send me a PM on Nexus or LL, this isn't the thread for it. :)

Are you on the latest Outfit Studio version?

Hello there fellow Vaultdwellers.

I've been running around commonwealth with my CBBE character for awhile now, and though i've been happy with my setup, there is one thing that i'd like to see added to the Fallout 4 Bodyslide.

Namely nipplepiercings.

I'd love to give my bitch a ring or two.

Why? Atomic Bitches still love rings, don't they?

Skyrim Bodyslide has this, but Fallout 4 Bodyslide doesn't. Atleast not yet..  

Edit1: Just an afterthought:

I wish there would be a slider to choose between a few styles of piercings.. Like Barbell -> CBR Ring -> Horseshoe - > Nippleshield

and another slider to control the Size of the piercing... Small -> Medium -> Big -> Extreme.. 

Hello there fellow Vaultdwellers.

I've been running around commonwealth with my CBBE character for awhile now, and though i've been happy with my setup, there is one thing that i'd like to see added to the Fallout 4 Bodyslide.

Namely nipplepiercings.

I'd love to give my bitch a ring or two.

Why? Atomic Bitches still love rings, don't they?

Skyrim Bodyslide has this, but Fallout 4 Bodyslide doesn't. Atleast not yet..  

Edit1: Just an afterthought:

I wish there would be a slider to choose between a few styles of piercings.. Like Barbell -> CBR Ring -> Horseshoe - > Nippleshield

and another slider to control the Size of the piercing... Small -> Medium -> Big -> Extreme.. 

Have you checked this mod http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2547-lordescobars-moddable-piercings-for-cbbe/ ?

• 2 months later...

Archived