Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

I think I'm encountering a problem with the femalebhed_d.dds file not wanting to play nicely with my custom texture. I'm assuming this because I'm experiencing the distorted texture/black shoulder issue when it loads my custom texture, and appears to be doing so over the vanilla, non-nude texture- which only appears in my directory as the bhed_d reference. What I am not sure about is whether that is a result of the two being different resolutions (my body texture is 4K, whereas the head texture is 2K) or if there's some other issue.

I have set up archive invalidation properly, reinstalled CBBE upon discovering the error, and am not using any additional texture packs, beyond the single repainted texture I'm using for my player character- all of which reinforces the theory that it is this specific file not playing nicely. Does anyone know how to correct this? My first thought would be that a nude retexture of the bhed_d file would correct it, but I don't have the skill necessary to pull that off.

As you might have noticed, LooksMenu supports in-game morphing now.

To make use of it, you need the latest version of CBBE which comes with the slider definition file, and optionally the latest BodySlide to build morphs for other outfits.

Please test it out and let us know what works and what doesn't, and what you think about it.

Bear in mind that normals are only updated in BodySlide, in-game sliders such as muscles won't show up correctly.

Can we bodyslide the Power Armor frame and pieces, I can't seem to get it to happen?

If you're referring to the NAVI project, it allows you to bodyslide the pilot suit and the body within the frame, but not the frame or the armour plates themselves. This means if you want to see your custom bodyslide body within the frame, you need to have some or all of the armour plating unequipped, exposing the frame.

Can we bodyslide the Power Armor frame and pieces, I can't seem to get it to happen?

If you're referring to the NAVI project, it allows you to bodyslide the pilot suit and the body within the frame, but not the frame or the armour plates themselves. This means if you want to see your custom bodyslide body within the frame, you need to have some or all of the armour plating unequipped, exposing the frame.

No I meant to actually put the CBBE Body into a power armor frame as an outfit then mould the frames shape to fit the body snuggly making it curvy

Like I tried at the bottom of this thread except there's problems with bones or something getting arms and legs lined up?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/59087-slim-power-armor-like-courser-x-92-or-maybe-ironman-possible-to-enter-and-leave/page-2

Once the frame is squeezed down to fit a naked body instead of one wearing combat armor it should look more feminine then can do the plating after.

• 3 weeks later...

Nuka World has just been released, and CBBE was updated by me to include all of its female outfits.

You can now use the physics body without outfits breaking (thanks invalidfate), but the quality is still suboptimal.

CBBE v2.1:

- CBBE: Fixed outfit distortion bug of the physics body. Physics quality still suboptimal. 
- Outfits: Converted all Nuka World DLC outfits. 
- Outfits: Added missing gloves and first person meshes to the Slim and Vanilla-shaped outfits options.

Nuka World has just been released, and CBBE was updated by me to include all of its female outfits.

You can now use the physics body without outfits breaking (thanks invalidfate), but the quality is still suboptimal.

CBBE v2.1:

- CBBE: Fixed outfit distortion bug of the physics body. Physics quality still suboptimal. 

- Outfits: Added missing gloves and first person meshes to the Slim and Vanilla-shaped outfits options.

Wow that was fast.  Thank you.

CBBE v2.1:

Amazing!

So the only problem left is dismemberment I think

CBBE v2.1:

Thank you so much, Cell. I mean it. Just in case I'm in the process of backing up all my Fallout 4 files before installing the new CBBE and bodyslide, but I'm wondering if you could tell me if I need to recreate any of my custom outfits I made.

I created for myself around 70 custom outfits all with physics right in the bodyslide NIFs. Should I replace my bodyslide projects and NIFs, or will they automatically be converted to the new physics if I install the new CBBE?

I apologize if my question is something obvious I should see automatically. I'd just like to make sure I put your upgrades into all my outfits. Thanks very much.

Thank you so much, Cell. I mean it. Just in case I'm in the process of backing up all my Fallout 4 files before installing the new CBBE and bodyslide, but I'm wondering if you could tell me if I need to recreate any of my custom outfits I made.

I created for myself around 70 custom outfits all with physics right in the bodyslide NIFs. Should I replace my bodyslide projects and NIFs, or will they automatically be converted to the new physics if I install the new CBBE?

I apologize if my question is something obvious I should see automatically. I'd just like to make sure I put your upgrades into all my outfits. Thanks very much.

I don't know what methods you used to convert those outfits to physics, but you'll have to try out if they still work or not when equipped and unequipped.

Building the physics body changes only the nude body, none of the outfits.

I don't know what methods you used to convert those outfits to physics, but you'll have to try out if they still work or not when equipped and unequipped.

Building the physics body changes only the nude body, none of the outfits.

Okay, thanks, Cell. I just finished uninstalling all CBBE clothing mods and upgrading to your latest CBBE and Bodyslide. I'd added physics to every single outfit, and this upgrade obviously removed the physics. I'm not sure what to do next from here *laughs*. Either I should re-add physics to everything from scratch or copy back the old files with physics in them.

For outfits I added physics as follows:

1.  Build naked body with physics in bodyslide

2.  Build outfit in bodyslide using same preset

3.  In outfit studio open the outfit with the naked body which has physics

4.  In windows drag the new outfit's NIF into outfit studio over the body

5.  In outfit studio copy the bone weights from the naked body into the outfit

6.  In outfit studio delete the naked body outfit because I no longer need it

7.  Tweak mesh as necessary for clipping

8.  Export the outfit's new NIF with the body's physics over the old outfit's NIF

Rinse and repeat for every outfit (possibly 400 outfits *laughs*)

For my custom outfits it's a bit more difficult because I got the physics right into the bodyslide projects. I don't know how to do it with your more current outfit studio, but you used to have the option to use CBBE physics as the reference rather than just CBBE. And I made the first outfits back then. So I've been re-using the pre-existing projects into each new outfit since I no longer know how to create a new project from scratch with physics.

I'd open the project which has physics and do "save project as" making the appropriate changes for destinations and sources. I'd also manually copy the bodyslide NIFs into the new project.

I'll play around with this over the next few days and let you know what kind of reverse compatibility I figure out. I think I'll just have to copy back the old NIFs because I really don't know how to start new projects with physics anymore now that the option has been removed from Outfit Studio.

Thanks as always, Cell. Your work makes Fallout 4 worth playing.

...but you'll have to try out if they still work or not when equipped and unequipped.

FYI, the reason I didn't have that issue all these months is because I'd put physics into every single outfit (except the few which have skirt physics because I couldn't figure out how to put breast physics and skirt physics into the same outfit with outfit studio).

The distortions only happen when going from physics to non-physics, so by putting physics into every single item including armor I didn't get those distortions.

Anytime I'd install a new clothing mod the first thing I did was add physics. This kept a clean all-physics Fallout 4 which worked very well.

Copying weights will probably cause clipping and many other issues, I don't recommend doing that again.

It's also not required for the physics to work, they already have all the weights.

**Receipt of Advice**

**Nods* Okay I'll start from scratch. I won't keep any of the old outfit NIFs into which I'd put physics (even though they didn't have clipping).

I'll just put physics onto the body and see if it transfers to the outfit when I put on the outfit. If it doesn't I'll somehow redo all the outfits to have physics all over again but this time with your newest version of physics. If you don't mind when I'm all done I'll still give you feedback on how it all goes :)

I'll also experiment with what to do on my custom projects which had the physics already in the bodyslide files. Obviously I can't leave them unchanged as they have your old physics model which no doubt is incompatible with the new one.

Thanks.

Copying weights will probably cause clipping and many other issues, I don't recommend doing that again.

It's also not required for the physics to work, they already have all the weights.

Hmm, the new versions don't work at all.

I upgraded to CBBE version 2.1 and bodyslide version 3.7.3.

I then built the naked body with physics and batch built all the vanilla outfits using the same preset.

I logged into the game and tested:

1.  First my old custom outfit which had old style physics. It worked well.

2.  Undressed, and I had physics correctly.

3.  Put on one of the new vanilla outfits I'd just batch built (the red dress), and the breasts went bonkers like the old days before I put physics into all outfits.

4.  Put on another new vanilla outfit (sturge's overalls), and the breasts went bonkers.

The new naked body breasts physics have the same problems the old one did if putting on non-physics clothing over physics bodies. Is that as intended?

I think you need to rename the breast nodes in NifSkope of every NIF by hand, I'm not sure though.

Oh, sorry I didn't see this while I was posting!

You mean I could go into the NIF of each outfit that's in bodyslide studio and rename the breast nodes so they'll be compatible with the naked body?

I'll research that. Thanks, Cell.

EDIT:  Okay, the test may have been flawed. When I logged in I was wearing old style physics outfit, and that ruins all new style outfits. If I log in with new style outfit I don't get the distortion until I put on an old style outfit. I'm going to do a lot more testing, but it looks look I may have to remove physics from all outfits which have it.

EDIT:  Okay, the test may have been flawed. When I logged in I was wearing old style physics outfit, and that ruins all new style outfits. If I log in with new style outfit I don't get the distortion until I put on an old style outfit. I'm going to do a lot more testing, but it looks look I may have to remove physics from all outfits which have it.

Yes, the old style outfit breaks all other outfits for you, not the new body.

Hi, Cell.

I figured out the what I have to do.

The new physics and the old physics are completely incompatible, so I have to remove the old physics from every single piece of clothing which has it. If I put on an old-physics outfit even once, the breasts are distorted on all clothing I put on afterward until I exit and restart the game.

However, the new clothes do not have physics.

Thus what I'll do is replace old physics with new physics on every outfit individually.

This will give me an all-physics Fallout 4 compatible with the new physics.

I'm cool with that. It's worth the effort.

Thanks very much.

Hi, Cell. This is just an update in case you're curious.

What I figured out with regard to compatibility is the following are the outfits to which I'll need to add the new physics.

a.  any chest armors or things which go over the chest (such as toxic arms)

b.  any body outfits which will go under any chest armors (vault suits and under armor suits)

This will make sure that a physics body with armor over it will have all the pieces work together.

There will be no urgency to add physics to anything which doesn't get armor over it. For instance, the feathered dress and things like that don't spawn with armor on, so there's no hurry to put physics into them. Only things which may spawn together with armor need to have matching physics.

But this is still good news because it's not necessary to redo everything to new physics at once. Only things which might touch a physics chest need to be converted.

Heck, this will be fun :)

How do you go about adding physics to an outfit to begin with?

Do you just copy bone weights from the physics nude body to the outfit? *if that's the case and I just load them both up into bodyslide and just do a simple copy weights?*

Or is it more involved?

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do that, bob. There's the way I mentioned before copying the bone weights, and that works very well for me, but cell is the expert on this and says it's not the way to go. So I'm still trying lots of things to do before I repeat the process a couple of hundred times. When I find a consistently good method I'll mention it here.

How do you go about adding physics to an outfit to begin with?

Do you just copy bone weights from the physics nude body to the outfit? *if that's the case and I just load them both up into bodyslide and just do a simple copy weights?*

Or is it more involved?

Hi, Bob. I've been experimenting the last few hours, and I think I'm going to settle on the following method until somebody comes up with a better way. Please note this is not the way recommended by cell, and it will not work on any outfits which have skirt physics, goggle physics, floating tool belts or anything like that. It will just work on outfits for which everything follows the physics of the body (which is actually most outfits).

For the sake of this explanation I'll list the steps I used converting the "Cait's Corset" outfit by gt9797.

1.  Go into Outfit Studio

2.  File -> Load Project

select "xy Cait Corset.osp"  (or whichever project you're converting)

3.  File -> Import NIF

select "Bodyslide/ShapeData/CBBE/CBBEBodyPhysics.nif"

4.  Right click the new CBBE_outfit created at the bottom of the elements list

select "Set Reference"

5.  In the menu select Sliders -> Conform All

[EDIT: Later in the thread Cell correctly established that the Conform All step is not required for outfits which have reference shapes and should be skipped to properly preserve the author's slider settings.]

6.  Select all the original elements (shift-click to get them all at once)

Right click and "Copy Bone Weights"

7.  Right click the original CBBE element which used to be the reference

select "Set Reference"

(This restores the original reference and will avoid clipping caused by mod authors whose reference body was not quite identical to CBBE)

8.  Right click your CBBE_outfit you'd created in step 3.

select "Delete"

9.  File -> Save project

When prompted, click to box to copy the BSClothExtraData from CBBEBodyPhysics.nif

You've now converted a project to have physics, and when you build it in BodySlide it will build the outfit with physics.

post script: It looks like whichever body is the current reference is shown as green in Outfit Studio. This is useful for knowing which the old reference shape was and what the new one you just added is.

post post script: I've converted all of Abe's armors (combat, leather, metal, synth, etc.) and done extensive testing with all variations of them, and it's working. So long as one never mixes old-style physics with the new CBBE bones everything is good. For people who never converted an outfit to old style physics there's no problem. For me I just have to methodically make sure I convert all the outfits to the new CBBE because I'd converted them all before. But this method is consistently working and stable.

Dear lord, please don't do that.

Setting a reference will wipe all slider data of the body, and conforming from body to body will cause neck and wrist seams like crazy.

Copying weights is one thing, but don't conform from body to body. Or don't conform in general, it will break any tweaks that I made to the sliders so they actually look good.

EDIT: What you have to do is not load or save any projects, so that sliders will stay completely untouched.

Use only the import and export NIF features, copy weights and done.

EDIT 2: And just for reference, copying weights isn't needed because of the actual weights, they're 100% identical between the non-physics and physics body. It's only needed so that the bone positions get put in the place where the physics want them to be.

Dear lord, please don't do that.

Setting a reference will wipe all slider data of the body, and conforming from body to body will cause neck and wrist seams like crazy.

Copying weights is one thing, but don't conform from body to body. Or don't conform in general, it will break any tweaks that I made to the sliders so they actually look good.

EDIT: What you have to do is not load or save any projects, so that sliders will stay completely untouched.

Use only the import and export NIF features, copy weights and done.

EDIT 2: And just for reference, copying weights isn't needed because of the actual weights, they're 100% identical between the non-physics and physics body. It's only needed so that the bone positions get put in the place where the physics want them to be.

Hi, Cell. Thanks for the feedback.  I've successfully done about 80 projects my way so far today and haven't had any issues, but as I've got a couple of hundred (or more) left to do I'm open for further experimentation.

In the early days of physics I didn't touch the projects. I did what you say now which is putting the physics into the final destination NIF rather than the project NIF.

However, today I got burned on about 65 projects because I had put the new physics into the project's shapedata NIF without loading or saving the old project itself. And that didn't work at all. When I built the outfit in bodyslide it still had the old physics instead of the new physics.

It seems that updating the project NIF in the shapedata folder without updating the project leaves the old physics in place when I use bodyslide.  So I just had to load/save the 65 projects and then rebuild them in order for it to work.

But I'll keep experimenting to see if I can find any other methods which work. The method you said above, though, definitely does not work :(

Post Script (Edit) - I just tested skipping the conform all, and it's okay to skip that step. But seriously I tried skipping the load project and save project step on 65 of my projects which had old style physics, and changing the NIF without the project really didn't work. I see no way yet of getting new physics into a project without saving the project, but I'll see what I can figure out.

Archived