Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home

Maybe I found the problem:

inside the Quest Aliases of PAHOStart is the Alias "GhorzaMarkath" .. Well .. she was killed by a Forsworn at the end of the "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" quest.

So I guess the PAHOStart quest is unplayable and therefore the Dialog Option will never appear?

Meh.  I'll add a separate NPC in her place I suppose.  But the quest should let you talk to the mine owner first

@CliftonJD
thank you very much, I will do as suggested.

if you have any mods that require jcontainer to run properly you might need to uninstall those as well

Does this mean that I have to check the description of each mod? Or is there a easy way to determine if a mod uses jcontainer?

@Musje
I resureccted Ghorza (even if I don't know if this is the correct way):

prid 19906
resurrect 1
moveto player
stopquest PAHOStart
resetquest PAHOStart

startquest PAHOStart

After doing so I instantly got the needed Dialog options while talking to the Jarl. But again I got only the new quest objektive but no Questmarker for mine overseer after speaking to the Jarl.
This seems to be because of a non filled Quest alias. I somewhere read something like that: "Quest aliases are filled the first time the mod starts and if one alias is inaccesable than all aliases will be empty". So I checked the quest aliases:

post-663212-0-71176500-1459093289_thumb.png

To correct this I tried to uninstall/clean save/reinstall the mod after resurrecting Ghorza and rechecked the Quest Aliases:

post-663212-0-49118500-1459093329_thumb.png

I talked to the Jarl and got the quest objektive and also the Questmarker to the mine overseer. So all seems to be fine (but I have to go to bed ;) )

So the death of Ghorza seems to be the cause of the mess. I guess I (re?)installed the mod AFTER her death.

@CliftonJD

thank you very much, I will do as suggested.

if you have any mods that require jcontainer to run properly you might need to uninstall those as well

Does this mean that I have to check the description of each mod? Or is there a easy way to determine if a mod uses jcontainer?

@Musje

I resureccted Ghorza (even if I don't know if this is the correct way):

prid 19906

resurrect 1

moveto player

stopquest PAHOStart

resetquest PAHOStart

startquest PAHOStart

After doing so I instantly got the needed Dialog options while talking to the Jarl. But again I got only the new quest objektive but no Questmarker for mine overseer after speaking to the Jarl.

This seems to be because of a non filled Quest alias. I somewhere read something like that: "Quest aliases are filled the first time the mod starts and if one alias is inaccesable than all aliases will be empty". So I checked the quest aliases:

attachicon.gifUnbenannt-3.png

To correct this I tried to uninstall/clean save/reinstall the mod after resurrecting Ghorza and rechecked the Quest Aliases:

attachicon.gifUnbenannt-4.png

I talked to the Jarl and got the quest objektive and also the Questmarker to the mine overseer. So all seems to be fine (but I have to go to bed ;) )

So the death of Ghorza seems to be the cause of the mess. I guess I (re?)installed the mod AFTER her death.

for that, i'd check nasty critters (since you have it in your mod list....) function proper and renamer function proper, if both of those seem to work ok, everything should be fine there

Hi Musje,

This is really great - thanks for all the work you've put into it! (Which makes it even more sad you're having issues with the game, hope they're resolved soon)

Any feedback I'd have on the quests has been said already - they're good and relatively easy to complete as they are now but if you have time to improve them then they could look really polished.

I do have two questions though:

1) Am I right in thinking that the slave auction which is part of the final quest is the one and only? They don't continue as a feature after that? If I am, would it be possible to add them in as a regular feature (activated either whenever the player asks, once a week on a schedule, or every time you provide three slaves - whichever is best). 

2) While I'm pleased at the developments you said were coming to the camps & house cells, could you tell me how to edit the max number that can be placed? Is it a simple change of values in the Creation Kit? I'm looking to set it to a quite high number that I wouldn't suggest putting in the mod just because I want to experiment with a full on slave empire run by my character.

Thanks again for the work you've put into this, good luck getting the game fixed, and hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks for the feedback   Fixing the game is in progress :)

1) I plan to have the auction as an ongoing feature after the quest is completed. I'd like to have some more variety in the kind of slaves that are asked for, but this requires some hardcoded dialogues and stuff. But EinarrTheRed is also working on slave auctions for the Fellglow camp rebuild. I've contacted him to see if we can share ideas and keep things consistent

My idea at the moment is to let the auction run once a week (on the evening the player asks Pardo about it). The player can optionally  enter slaves into the auction up to a certain number, but I would also like to spawn random slaves for sale, and let the player enter the bidding process.

2) It is not so simple. You need to duplicate the referencealisases for house slaves and their targets, duplicate the packages (each slave slot has its own), and point the package to the right target alias and house markers. Then change several functions that check available slots or return the right referencealiases for a certain actor.

Problem is that Skyrom doesn't really deal well with arrays, and packages dont deal with them at all. I intend to keep the ,aximum number of locations and slaves more or less as it is now, but change the system to let you keep the slaves where you want, with no maximum per location as long as you have free slots. So if you own Breezehome you can stack it to the rafters with slaves.

Musje

Just picked up the mod and I am enjoying it. Thank goodness for the increase in slaver options.

Thank you for that.

I really wish we could get auctions where I can buy slaves, not just sell them.

not sure how plausible that is but i second that. Perhaps at the Restless hunter. 

It's doable. I had a mod for the old S3 slavery system that offered random slaves... That one spawned random vanilla NPCs for purchase, it would be nice if this auction would include some variety in slaves with custom build faces and so on.

Einarr wants to do auctions for his Fellglow rebuild as well, so we'll work together on this :) It's early days though

It's doable. I had a mod for the old S3 slavery system that offered random slaves... That one spawned random vanilla NPCs for purchase, it would be nice if this auction would include some variety in slaves with custom build faces and so on.

Einarr wants to do auctions for his Fellglow rebuild as well, so we'll work together on this :) It's early days though

well, as you get the time to work on this einar is quite capable of adding faces and variety

So I am kind of stuck.  I did the first two quests up to delivering 3 slaves to the mines.  That quest updated to say I can bring more for coin if needed.  No additional quest was given. I've talked to Pardo (?) at the inn, and have bought an upgrade for the Riften house (which I haven't visited since I bought it), but all he offers is the house upgrades, no camp tokens, etc.  None of the other people talk there to me.  I can open the door to the basement, but not the jail door at the bottom of the steps.  I have the paradise halls from Nexus and home sweet home installed, with home sweet home below all the paradise hall files in NMM.  I have other LL mods, SOS, defeat, SLEN, amorous adventures, aroused and animations loader.  In trying to read and distill what is posted on nexus and here, I think I have gotten myself pretty confused over how this whole thing should work.  The problems I'm running into:  No third and fourth quest, courier regularly meeting me with a note of inheritance which is bandit thug, etc (I assume this is related, but don't know what is going on), no conversations available at the inn and I don't know if or what I can do in fellgrow (?) slave camp, I can sell to Jerrek, but no one else talks to me there either (and I haven't brought a slave to try and sell or lock up).  Suggestions/help?

The bandit thug inheritance is unrelated :) But someone is looking for you! Somehow that part of the script is a bit iffy. Go outside town and wait a day, and she should turn up.

I haven't had the inheritance thing since I posted this...strange.  Anyway, I waited and she showed up, so I was able to move on and finished the quests.  Thanks for your help.  Now if I could just reliably figure out how to enslave.  I was getting and option to enslave when they were knocked down sometimes.  Now I just get the paradise halls capture in dialog, which pretty much never works (they just start fighting again) regardless of whether I tie them up and put a collar in their inventory or not.  One other thing I am confused a bit by is what mods I actually need to install.  I have the nexus paradise halls and your mod, but you mention a patch.  I don't see a patch her or on nexus, is there one, and do I need it?  Ok, and one other question, does this require a particular spot in the load order?  I've let loot manage that to this point.

The bandit thug inheritance is unrelated :) But someone is looking for you! Somehow that part of the script is a bit iffy. Go outside town and wait a day, and she should turn up.

I haven't had the inheritance thing since I posted this...strange.  Anyway, I waited and she showed up, so I was able to move on and finished the quests.  Thanks for your help.  Now if I could just reliably figure out how to enslave.  I was getting and option to enslave when they were knocked down sometimes.  Now I just get the paradise halls capture in dialog, which pretty much never works (they just start fighting again) regardless of whether I tie them up and put a collar in their inventory or not.  One other thing I am confused a bit by is what mods I actually need to install.  I have the nexus paradise halls and your mod, but you mention a patch.  I don't see a patch her or on nexus, is there one, and do I need it?  Ok, and one other question, does this require a particular spot in the load order?  I've let loot manage that to this point.

search the nexus for the patch noted for pah or use pahe from here:

update it with the repack below

attachicon.gifparadise_halls sl extension repack release h_rc0.6 fixed.zip

anybody else updating older saves to this version need to reboot pah from the mcm and wait til it says completed

if for some reason it seems stuck then don't save that, reload then coc qasmoke using the console and reboot it from there

left a message for bla, hopefully we'll get the main post cleaned up to clear the confusion or eliminate the need to dig thru the support pages to find a repack, but unfortunately that will mean less time to fix the bugs as well

edit:

posting the 2 versions of jcontainers known to work

they seem to have varied results per user based on other mods, sometimes switching to the other version works better

attachicon.gifJContainers-49743-3-2-3.zip

attachicon.gifJContainers-49743-3-2-5.zip

from this thread here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/37048-wip-paradise-halls-sexlab-extension-v01g-150506-rc-06-fixed-160318/page-121

anybody else updating older saves to this version need to reboot pah from the mcm and wait til it says completed

if for some reason it seems stuck then don't save that, reload then coc qasmoke using the console and reboot it from there

left a message for bla, hopefully we'll get the main post cleaned up to clear the confusion or eliminate the need to dig thru the support pages to find a repack, but unfortunately that will mean less time to fix the bugs as well

edit:

they seem to have varied results per user based on other mods, sometimes switching to the other version works better

from this thread here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/37048-wip-paradise-halls-sexlab-extension-v01g-150506-rc-06-fixed-160318/page-121

what about jcontainers 3.2.6 and 3.3.0 alpha those are the only two on his page i see do they not work as well?

from this thread here:

edit:

Thanks for the info.  I grabbed the extension and installed.  I had jcontainers 3.6 installed.  So out of curiosity I uninstalled and deleted through nmm, then installed the zip above 3.5, but in nmm it shows as 3.6.  so I suspect there is an issue there, but I haven't gone in game to see what happens.  More to follow when I get some game time.....

edit:

from this thread here:

what about jcontainers 3.2.6 and 3.3.0 alpha those are the only two on his page i see do they not work as well?

don't know, didn't even know he had updated it again...problem with nexus, no update notifications

i'll add that to my testing list and inform everybody the next time its needed

the 2 I posted are KNOWN to work for multiple users and the times that 1 doesn't work was due to another mod they used requiring the other version

edit:

just discovered there's a loverslab posting for it :

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24777-jcontainers/

When i have this Mod, it is impossible to buy some Furnishing for Breezehome (the only house i have tested with this Mod at this time).

- Bedroom Furnishing

- Alchemy Lab

Is it normal?

Alchemy Lab is ok, because it is at the same position but why the Bedroom Furnishing? And why can I buy the Childroom?

EDIT: Same Problem with Proudspire Manor.

Here i can´t buy:

Bedroom

Living Room

Childroom

Instead of replacing this, why not making a Trapdoor to a Slave-Basement?

That's not normal, HSH does not modify the regular house addon dialogues (so be careful buying conflicting upgrades after installing the cells!)  Also do you have enough gold?

Please post your load order. Also, try disabling this mod and buy those house upgrades again. If they still are not available, it' something else causing this.

edit:

from this thread here:

don't know, didn't even know he had updated it again...problem with nexus, no update notifications

i'll add that to my testing list and inform everybody the next time its needed

the 2 I posted are KNOWN to work for multiple users and the times that 1 doesn't work was due to another mod they used requiring the other version

edit:

just discovered there's a loverslab posting for it :

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24777-jcontainers/

Yea I'm not 100% sure i know what'd i'd be looking for if there were problems but i've been using jcontainers 3.3.0 alpha and haven't noticed anything unusual in my game since installing it.