View File

I got tired of having craftable armor and clothing mods that require Linen Wraps, and not having any, but having tons of Tundra Cotton.

In many cases I wanted the armor or clothing before my next dungeon crawl, but linen wraps are really only found in Nordic ruins, so I decided to throw together a constructible item. Now there is Craftable Linen Wrap.

Feel free to use this as a resource for your mods, but give me credit.

Before anyone asks...

Q. Hasn't this been done already?

A. I don't know.

Happy Skyrim playing, folks.

I really don't want to be that one asshole but... it exists already http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21394/?

I'm going to check if these mods work together, i'm always finding tundra cotton so if these work together i will never need to dive into a dungeon just for linen again!

Well, technically that is not entirely true because that mod does something different. Or why else would you need them to work together?

Request to make the amount of tundra cotton a bit less for one linen wrap.  Maybe five instead of ten.

In that case just use the mod from Nexus... that got a ratio of 3cotton => 1 linen (if I recall right, but it was surely better than 5:1)

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had read through the mod but didn't see where it stated tundra cotton created linen at tanning rack.  I just thought it was about breaking down clothes to repurpose into linen.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if the author of this mod adjusted the ratio.  3:1 is good too.

Gitchegumme, there is no need not to work on this mod some just because the other one exists.

errrr.. okay, you got me.. I did not actually check if the quoted nexus-mod was the right one... I just know that I am using a nexus-mod to craft linen wrap at 2-3 cotton per linen, so that cheap version does indeed exist already (I am 100% sure, that I did not mod it myself, as I am simply not able to ;) )

errrr.. okay, you got me.. I did not actually check if the quoted nexus-mod was the right one... I just know that I am using a nexus-mod to craft linen wrap at 2-3 cotton per linen, so that cheap version does indeed exist already (I am 100% sure, that I did not mod it myself, as I am simply not able to ;) )

Maybe thinking of this one?  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21234/?

It only needs 2 Tundra Cotton, but you also need 2 potions that each require 2 Deathbell and a Jazbay Grapes, so it requires alchemy as well.

If you are reaching the limit of your load order, you can also craft linen wraps by cleaning up bloody rags if you are using SexLab Dialogues.

Is that what all those bloody rags are for?  Ha!  I will give that a try.

Thanks for the update gitchegumme.

If you are reaching the limit of your load order, you can also craft linen wraps by cleaning up bloody rags if you are using SexLab Dialogues.

Is that what all those bloody rags are for?  Ha!  I will give that a try.

You're welcome. I also just published a blog entry involving this. Check it out.

Is that what all those bloody rags are for? Ha! I will give that a try.

Yep

The idea is to wash them into linen wraps and from there, craft basic beggar clothing.

• 3 months later...

I was just looking for something like this. Thank you. There are a couple of mods on Nexus that do the same thing but the requirements of the crafting don't make sense to me. I was wondering if it could be added to deconstruct like miner clothes etc into linen wraps?

Do you mean you want to take linen wraps and deconstruct them into tundra cotton?