Blackthorn - Gay Hamlet Patch

Hey, would have really liked to see this patch in action, but getting CTD when loading to the main menu if this is installed. I heard from an another mod that CTD at menu is usually caused by a missing master, but I have all the requirements for this installed and working without this patch, FloppySOS working, vanilla Blackthorn working etc .. Any ideas?

btw. I am also having the same CTD issue with SkyHunks :( but Candle Pond patch is working ok.

Guest ffabris

Hey, would have really liked to see this patch in action, but getting CTD when loading to the main menu if this is installed. I heard from an another mod that CTD at menu is usually caused by a missing master, but I have all the requirements for this installed and working without this patch, FloppySOS working, vanilla Blackthorn working etc .. Any ideas?

btw. I am also having the same CTD issue with SkyHunks :( but Candle Pond patch is working ok.

Run it through TES5Edit; it will report exactly which masters, if any, are missing (or in the wrong order). Same for SkyHunks. :)

Run it through TES5Edit; it will report exactly which masters, if any, are missing (or in the wrong order). Same for SkyHunks. :)

Thank you very much for this! Seems the problem was with Apachii Male, which was not installed correctly after NMM update. Fixed now and all of your content, Blackthorn, SkyHunks and Isle of Mara Tweaked works!

Hope there would be more content like this available :P

• 1 month later...

I'm another having the CTD with this patch. Based on above advice, I took another look at skse and enb settings. Discovered that my skse settings were in the wrong place and having to effect so, yay! was gonna fix this patch and everything else. So I did that and tuned the enb too.

And now none of my saves will load at all. 

I REALLY want to make this mod work and it's just not happening for me. Crying in my beer.  

EDIT: Just succeeded in getting it to load and stay loaded. Background info, if it helps:

With my rig I'm getting about 40 fps in the Rift. Coming up on the Riften gate of Blackthorn, I regularly get a huge glitch, subjectively about 100 yards from it. (I suppose Blackthorn is getting loaded.) Then I was getting 15 or so fps with dips down to 10, until CTD.

This time I got the huge glitch at the gate, but then fps went back up to 40. I did, this time set defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024 and scrapHeapSizeMB=512 according to the directons above--so maybe that makes the difference. Also, it's raining. Maybe a bunch of the NPC's stayed indoors?

• 1 month later...

hmmm... Well, it looks great and all except for the fact that I can't use it without constant CTD. I have all the required mods. The game loads. But the minute I fast travel, the game shuts down, no error message. Pap log shows nothing out of the ordinary.

I don't suppose anyone knows what might be causing this?

Guest ffabris

hmmm... Well, it looks great and all except for the fact that I can't use it without constant CTD. I have all the required mods. The game loads. But the minute I fast travel, the game shuts down, no error message. Pap log shows nothing out of the ordinary.

Likely it is overloading your system. A few have the same problem, as you can see if you read back in this thread. Mostly, having many NPCs wandering round is too much for your computer, I guess.

Likely it is overloading your system. A few have the same problem, as you can see if you read back in this thread. Mostly, having many NPCs wandering round is too much for your computer, I guess.

First, thanks for the quick response.

I know I accidentally created a similar issue when I made a mod, too many NPCs causing crashes. However, I put in all the memory fixes and so on, including the ones helpfully posted here. In the mod I made, there are around 50+ NPCs running around and it's no problem.

The other curious thing is that this happens when I am nowhere near the town. Like, I'm somewhere near Solitude, fast traveling to Whiterun. I would say it's my game, but when I turn off this mod, the problem disappears. Papyrus log, Mod Organizer and Tes5Edit have all failed to give me any clue about what's happening.

So, yeah, I am sadly expecting I can't use this mod, but I was just curious if anyone had any theories. I've gone through Google like a bloodhound looking for fixes for this type of crash (Game shuts down, no error message) and nothing fixed the issue. So I thought I'd ask.

In any case, thanks for providing good gay content for us much-neglected M/M fans!

Guest ffabris

Hum, I don't see how BK could affect you if you're so far away from it. To be honest, I really have no idea.

But yeah, some can't use this mod cause it crashes them. :-| Try Cocksmen perhaps, though that is still in progress.

Guest ffabris

In a last attempt to try to deal with the crashes some have been having, I reworked the navmesh again. 5.1 is now up. Should be a drop-in replacement for 5.0, as all that changed is navmesh.

I used this opportunity to remove 4.0 and the floppySOS version, as that is no longer needed with the current version of that mod.

So, yeah, I am sadly expecting I can't use this mod, but I was just curious if anyone had any theories.

I had lots of CTD issues when I first used this mod and went back and forth with Ffabris to attempt to resolved. He's very good with being responsive to our queries. :)

I had been using the FloppySOS version and once I removed that version and FloppySOS, installed the regular version, things work like a charm. :D

So now I have it all up and running smoothly -- and he upgrades it. Yikes! I hope this works! :lol:  I'll have to see since I just dl'd the upgrade and haven't installed it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

So, yeah, I am sadly expecting I can't use this mod, but I was just curious if anyone had any theories.

I had lots of CTD issues when I first used this mod and went back and forth with Ffabris to attempt to resolved. He's very good with being responsive to our queries. :)

I had been using the FloppySOS version and once I removed that version and FloppySOS, installed the regular version, things work like a charm. :D

So now I have it all up and running smoothly -- and he upgrades it. Yikes! I hope this works! :lol:  I'll have to see since I just dl'd the upgrade and haven't installed it yet.

I did try the non Floppy solution, since I saw it worked for you. No dice for me.

However, this new version  works perfectly! Yay! Thanks to Ffabris for his hard work. The mod is beautiful and the guys are great and no crashes. Not sure what the deal was, but my Skyrim is happy with the latest version.

Guest ffabris

However, this new version  works perfectly! Yay! Thanks to Ffabris for his hard work. The mod is beautiful and the guys are great and no crashes. Not sure what the deal was, but my Skyrim is happy with the latest version.

Massive navmesh clean-up. :) Very glad it works for you now!

BTW, thanks for Skyhunks as well. That was an idea I was thinking of doing, but the work terrified me. So thankful someone took on the task of giving us some hot studs!

Guest ffabris

BTW, thanks for Skyhunks as well. That was an idea I was thinking of doing, but the work terrified me. So thankful someone took on the task of giving us some hot studs!

:)  Welcome!  Was fun doing it.

• 4 weeks later...

so uh... Mod itself is great idea. And I admire all the headache creator had with building it.
And now the-big-fat-BUT! I also have those permanent CTDs. And I really doubt it's memory issue. I once was stupid enough to pull two mammoths(!) into cave, installed Lakeview Manor with "all included", installed "Rorikstead walled and expanded". In those cases my PC was struggling as hell, but game was still running, that is NO CTD!... To run Blackthorn/Candle Pond/Cocksmen +/- stable, I have to switch from "High" to "Low" graphic settings. My only absorvation is: Apachiihair must die! Is it possible for You to make patch without those hi-res hairs?

P.S.

sorry for my grammar, not my native language

Guest ffabris

Blackthorn is very demanding of the computer, due to all the NPCs wandering about. Cocksmen shouldn't be as bad. I fixed the last possible cause of CTD with the last Blackthorn release (navmesh problems). Sorry, but that's all I can do.

As for Apachii hair, no, I don't plan to remove it.

Blackthorn is very demanding of the computer, due to all the NPCs wandering about. Cocksmen shouldn't be as bad. I fixed the last possible cause of CTD with the last Blackthorn release (navmesh problems). Sorry, but that's all I can do.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31380/?  check this mod, mOn. Add to it basement with 8 beds, my own 7 followers and 2 kids. Add sandboxing, so NPCs and my followers go sleep for the night and go wander outside for the day. Add those high-res patches. Add dragon attack. I think there will be no less stress than in Your mod. My computer never crashed there. It was total struggle, but still no crashes. And same with that "walled Rorikstead", lots of NPCs in a wide open area. So, again, I really doubt it's memory issues. + taskmanager - performance shows 20%, few spikes, again 20% CPU usage, 2Gb (50%) physical memory usage.

And Your mods are not first ones where I have issues with those high-ress hairs. Idk, maybe something's wrong with my video

Guest ffabris

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31380/?  check this mod, mOn. Add to it basement with 8 beds, my own 7 followers and 2 kids. Add sandboxing, so NPCs and my followers go sleep for the night and go wander outside for the day. Add those high-res patches. Add dragon attack. I think there will be no less stress than in Your mod. My computer never crashed there. It was total struggle, but still no crashes. And same with that "walled Rorikstead", lots of NPCs in a wide open area. So, again, I really doubt it's memory issues. + taskmanager - performance shows 20%, few spikes, again 20% CPU usage, 2Gb (50%) physical memory usage.

And Your mods are not first ones where I have issues with those high-ress hairs. Idk, maybe something's wrong with my video

Remember that Skyrim is 32bit. Try removing high rez texture packs, if you use them. I have nothing else to suggest. I've used this mod many times, and never had issues. Just a bit of lag.

• 3 months later...
Guest ffabris

ffabris, I think I owe You an appologie. My PC finally died and afterf a clean install this mod is working like swiss made clock. Only that Manor is loading about 30 secs. But then again, that place is just_too_damn_scripted :)

Haha!  :D

Sorry to hear your PC died, though... that sucks (and not in a good way). But at least the issue here is resolved.

• 5 months later...

Finally got this semi-working. I removed this mod and visited Blackthorn [straight Hamlet?] and built all the stuff. When I reinstalled Gay Hamlet on a whim later, it seems to work. It'll still CTD or completely freeze the game sometimes, but then I can just teleport to the manor or into town and I'm fine.

My major question is, is the newest version missing old features? The mod description lists toys and buttons and other stuff and I can't find any of it. :-/

Guest ffabris

A lot of stuff got ripped out for the final version, yes. The "toy" was a Zaz item, and I removed everything Zaz-related. That's noted under the notes for 5.0

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your great patch! Wow, I miss any chance to rebuild Blackthorn town forever. :P

So, I have an issue about your this mod and Cocksmen village that naked men's bodies' textures sometimes turn into black in both interiors and exteriors except for their faces and genitals though they become correct when returning there after loading other cell. 

How can I solve the issue?