Blackthorn - Gay Hamlet Patch

Well... I am ba-haaaack... I managed to totally screw up my PC, so I had to reinstall it completely :-\ Running Steam and Skyrim through Wine or Virtual Box on Linux just wasn't working for me, so unfortunately I am back on Windows *sigh* After experiencing Linux, Windows is soooooo sloooooow! But at least the games work again now :D

Anyway, I did some testing with version 2.2 yesterday, specifically the walk from Ivarstead and I didn't get a crash at all. The bear was there (and very horny apparently), but I could walk to Blackthorn no problem. However when I got to the town the lag was horrific. It was like everyone was doing "The Robot". The lag was especially bad on the through road in front of the Manor (the road between the gates near the Hide Shop to the Followers Barracks). I went into the manor and the lag was gone.

But I see you now put up a version 5, so I shall be testing that out later :) But for now, I am home again :) YAY!

Well... I am ba-haaaack... I managed to totally screw up my PC, so I had to reinstall it completely :-\ Running Steam and Skyrim through Wine or Virtual Box on Linux just wasn't working for me, so unfortunately I am back on Windows *sigh* After experiencing Linux, Windows is soooooo sloooooow! But at least the games work again now :D

Welcome back! You were missed!

Sorry about your issues with linux - and more, that I was unable to give any help with it.  

Anyway, I did some testing with version 2.2 yesterday, specifically the walk from Ivarstead and I didn't get a crash at all. The bear was there (and very horny apparently), but I could walk to Blackthorn no problem. However when I got to the town the lag was horrific. It was like everyone was doing "The Robot". The lag was especially bad on the through road in front of the Manor (the road between the gates near the Hide Shop to the Followers Barracks). I went into the manor and the lag was gone.

But I see you now put up a version 5, so I shall be testing that out later :) But for now, I am home again :) YAY!

I wonder what's up with those crashing on that road. Seems that's a mystery that will never be solved. Oh well.

Anyway, let me know how 5.0 does for you, when you have a chance. :)

So like... I installed version 5.0 and it works fine for me :) I ran in and out every building, waving my fairy wand to make everyone gay (through SL itself) and discovered new bundle of men to fuck get to know.

I again walked from Ivarstead, no crashes. I walked in and out of all the gates, no crashes. So yippee! Well done :D And thank you for ripping out ZAZ. I am not really a fan of ZAZ.

I did notice that my game is incredibly laggy. I installed Windows 7 to avoid the Windows Malware (you CAN delete them on windows 7), so I think this maybe causing my lag. I might invest in a Windows 8 upgrade (you can delete the malware updates there as well) and see if that speeds my pc up a bit. And since this is a completely new install of everything (after my pc-screw up), I haven't been to any other places yet to see if it is laggy there as well. But I am sure it is.

But, as I said, Blackthorn works great. I am glad to be "home" again :)

- Moo.

P.S. I was missed?! Honey, you REALLY need to go out more ;)

So like... I installed version 5.0 and it works fine for me :) I ran in and out every building, waving my fairy wand to make everyone gay (through SL itself) and discovered new bundle of men to fuck get to know.

I again walked from Ivarstead, no crashes. I walked in and out of all the gates, no crashes. So yippee! Well done :D And thank you for ripping out ZAZ. I am not really a fan of ZAZ.

I did notice that my game is incredibly laggy. I installed Windows 7 to avoid the Windows Malware (you CAN delete them on windows 7), so I think this maybe causing my lag. I might invest in a Windows 8 upgrade (you can delete the malware updates there as well) and see if that speeds my pc up a bit. And since this is a completely new install of everything (after my pc-screw up), I haven't been to any other places yet to see if it is laggy there as well. But I am sure it is.

But, as I said, Blackthorn works great. I am glad to be "home" again :)

- Moo.

P.S. I was missed?! Honey, you REALLY need to go out more ;)

Yeah, I know Blackthorn is laggy. I lag there too. But I don't feel so bad because I know other mods can be just as bad or worse. For example, ETaC's Dawnstar will crash me half the time. And ETaC Falkreath lags me about as badly as Blackthorn does.

After playing a while longer, I can safely say that, although Blackthorn can be laggy, most of the lag is not caused by it. I am having incredible lag in other areas as well. I have also been getting a lot of CTD's. Perhaps surprisingly though NOT in Blackthorn. I will need to go through my settings and install. And perhaps install Windows 8.1 *shivers* because it has better support for my pc.

Guest ffabris

After playing a while longer, I can safely say that, although Blackthorn can be laggy, most of the lag is not caused by it. I am having incredible lag in other areas as well. I have also been getting a lot of CTD's. Perhaps surprisingly though NOT in Blackthorn. I will need to go through my settings and install. And perhaps install Windows 8.1 *shivers* because it has better support for my pc.

Yay!  That is good news!  Thanks. :)

As for windows, Win10? I hear that it is better than 8.

Guest ffabris

Windows 10 has the Microsoft Malware built in, which is the reason I tried to install Linux. So that would make it go full circle LOL. In Windows 7 and 8.1 you can disable the data-harvest thingies, in windows 10 you can't. Hence why I am sticking to Win 8.1 then.

Ah yes, gotcha! And valid point.

Captain's log:

After upgrading to Win 8.1, Skyrim is once again whirring along nicely. So my suspicion about Win 7 being the cause of the lag was correct (I just LOVE it when I am right! And I usually am! Go me!). I didn't even have to reinstall skyrim or any mods, so that was a nice bonus.

Anyway, I went to Blackthorn and didn't have ANY lag there. Being Level 20, a Boethiah Cultist came a-slashing and was quickly dispatched by my boys (the darlings). Then immediately after a gaggle of wolfs decided to drop by and they too were quickly dispatched. And all this happened with no lag what so ever. YAY!

So I went into the Manor to store my stuff and make myself home again. Afterwards I was gonna do some questing, so I left the manor through the back door and... BAM! CTD. Well durnit. I reloaded the save and went out the front door... BAM! CTD. What the actual f**k? Checked my logs, nothing wrong. Cleaned the save anyway and loaded it, went out the front door... BAM! CTD *grmph gaaaaaah!* Loaded the save again and remembered the tunnels, so I went through the tunnels to the Follower Barracks, went out the door there and... BAM! CTD.

Checked logs again, cleaned save again (was nothing to be saved, not even high script count(?!)). Went into the tunnels again and went to Stonewall Tavern. Tried both doors, but... BAM! CTD as soon as I arrive outside. I counted... 3 seconds after the outside appears, the CTD happens. As I said, there is nothing strange in the papyrus logs, nor the SKSE logs, the Sexlab Log, PapyrusUtilDev log. Everything appears to be working just fine... I am stumped as to what it could be.

I tried going back to a save before going to BT to see if that made a difference (it didn't). So yah... I have no idea what is going on. My install is exactly the same as always, I didn't add any new mods. I did update the mods that had updates (MNC 9.0, Sexlab Aroused redux 25, NSAP 3.0, SexLab Eager NPCs). So I am going to try installing the previous versions and see if any of them causes this problem.

I shall keep you updated.

- Moo.

Guest ffabris

Gah!

The back of the manor has always lagged me, especially when heading to the manor, facing the rear door. NFC why. But this with the original mod too.

As for your crashes, methinks you're just jinxed.  :D

Guest ffabris

As far as V5.0 and scripts, only two are used, and both concern the "strip on entering the sauna" effect. If you were frolicking outdoors before, I don't get why going back outside would suddenly be an issue. :-|

Um... have I ever mentioned that I am a moron? *blush*

I figured out, by chance, what the problem was. I had been using HiAlGo Boost while using Win 7 in an attempt to speed things up. Since I don't need it anymore, I delete it. Afterwards I had Steam verify my install. So far so good, no? Well... afterwards I forgot to run Skyrim once through Steam *facedesk* Needless to say, as soon as I had done that, all the CTD's were gone... So everything works perfectly now. No lags, no crashes.

In the meantime, if you need me, I will be over there feeling all stupid and embarrassed...

- Moo.

Captain's log, supplemental:

I have been walking the Ivarstead to Blackthorn route a couple of times. When I get near Angarvunde, as soon as I see the bear (or in my case a frost troll, oy), I noticed a huge dip in fps and a lag spike. It was so bad that I thought I was going to crash, but ultimately didn't. And this happened ech of the 5 times. So something is definately up in that area. There were no critters around, apart from the frost troll. No people either. The logs mention nothing about it (as usual). I can see why Wyvern would have trouble there. I think I didn't crash because my pc is sufficiently robust to deal with the lag spike. (I don't even lag behind the Manor in BT!)

But I wonder if that area is even affected by Blackthorn or the patch. It seems sufficiently far from BT to be out of the sphere of influence of the mods. Mayne it is a generic Skyrim problem, although I haven't found any mention of it during a net search. So yah... no idea why that is happening.

Just a heads up and such.

- Moo.

Guest ffabris

At this point, I honestly don't know. I've spent a lot of time looking into the problem, with no result, so I've given up on it, frankly. :-|

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ffabris

mod is great but i cant play because of it everytime i get close to the blackthorn my game freeze....

Some others have this problem, as you may see if you read back. Others have no issues at all. I have no idea what the problem is, frankly.  :-|

mod is great but i cant play because of it everytime i get close to the blackthorn my game freeze....

Some others have this problem, as you may see if you read back. Others have no issues at all. I have no idea what the problem is, frankly.  :-|

The problem could just be a memory management issue as I used to have the same problem approaching a lightly modded Whiterun until I tweaked the ini files to allow Skyrim to use the maximum amount of RAM allowed.

The problem could just be a memory management issue as I used to have the same problem approaching a lightly modded Whiterun until I tweaked the ini files to allow Skyrim to use the maximum amount of RAM allowed.

Faux, could you please post here which settings you use and where you set them? This could perhaps help others who are having this issue. I will post my settings here to start off. Keep in mind that I have a rather good pc, so I can use max settings if I have to.

First:

put these lines into your SKSE.ini, which you can find in your \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE folder. If you don't have an SKSE.ini or Data\SKSE- folder, create them! You can copy and paste the following.

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

EnableDiagnostics=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024

ScrapHeapSizeMB=512

Please note that the values in the memory section are the maximum you can put them at. Any higher and it can cause severe problems! If these settings cause issues, you can lower the values to 768/ 256 or 512/128 respectively.

Second:

In your skyrim.ini change the [Papyrus] section to this:

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

bEnableProfiling=0

Note that these settings are the Bethesda "standard" values. You can change the memory values to whatever you like, but setting them to ridiculously high values WILL create an instable game. More information about the seperate values and what they do, you can find HERE.

I hope this will help people who have issues with crashing/ freezing in or near Blackthorn.

Faux, could you please post here which settings you use and where you set them? This could perhaps help others who are having this issue. I will post my settings here to start off. Keep in mind that I have a rather good pc, so I can use max settings if I have to.

First:

put these lines into your SKSE.ini, which you can find in your \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE folder. If you don't have an SKSE.ini or Data\SKSE- folder, create them! You can copy and paste the following.

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

EnableDiagnostics=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024

ScrapHeapSizeMB=512

Please note that the values in the memory section are the maximum you can put them at. Any higher and it can cause severe problems! If these settings cause issues, you can lower the values to 768/ 256 or 512/128 respectively.

Second:

In your skyrim.ini change the [Papyrus] section to this:

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

bEnableProfiling=0

Note that these settings are the Bethesda "standard" values. You can change the memory values to whatever you like, but setting them to ridiculously high values WILL create an instable game. More information about the seperate values and what they do, you can find HERE.

I hope this will help people who have issues with crashing/ freezing in or near Blackthorn.

The most important value to change seems to be the iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes which I set to 2147483647 though I also change iMinMemoryPageSize to 256 and iMaxMemoryPageSixe to 512.

It is best only to try this tweak with 8 GB of RAM or higher just so you know that I'm not dismissing anyone's concerns that it could be a potentially dangerous adjustment.

Be sure to back up your ini before trying any tweaks and for good measure,start with a slightly lower value for iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes such as 2000000000 to avoid pushing past any safe limit.

From what I understand from the Bethesda site is that setting the iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes too high can cause bad mojo in the game. Let me quote: "Increasing iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes to values much larger than default can cause stack thrashing (stack buffer overflows), intermittent game stuttering, erratic game behavior and CTDs"

So it would be safer to not set it to the max value to avoid trouble. I think the maximum value for iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes depends on your PC. So play around with the value until your game becomes stable (and there are no errors like stack buffer overflows in your papyrus logs). On PCs with a lot of RAM you might get away with using the maximum value, but if you run into trouble, lower it.