Blackthorn - Gay Hamlet Patch

I've been on this site for over a year now and this is the first time I actually post something and since English is not my native language please be gentle with me ;) but your mod is too good to remain silent.

Well thank you! :)

I followed your conversation with Wyvern65 and Vachnic the past few days and sadly I have some troubles too, when I approach straight from Heartwood Mill(the gate by the Mansion) it's a definite ctd but when I start at Anarvunde und jump a few walls and fences I can access the city. Unfortunately I get random ctd's even when I'm inside the city so I mostly stay in the mansion or the tavern but that may very well be the cause of something else since nobody seems to have troubles inside the city and my Skyrim runs with almost a hundred other mods. Because I use mod organizer I try to set up a new save just with the essential mods for this and do an excessive testing tomorrow.

Hum, the mill is the opposite direction from Ivarstead - so that's surprising, since Wyvern said he has no problems when arriving from that direction.

As for CTDs inside the town, I'm pretty sure that's just overload. I have it with other mods, like ETaC Dawnstar. I had to remove that since it crashes me half the time when I go there.

And something else, sometimes when I engage in some "activities" with one (or more ^^) of those fine gentleman from Blackthorn their skin tone changes to a darker one which is more of an oddity then an actual problem and may also be the result of some other mod I'm running, but it's only happened to npc's from your mod so I thought you want to know.

Odd one... I doubt it is Blackthorn doing this. It may instead be similar to when you get black textures: graphics card memory is full. Or some other conflict... I know I had that once myself, a few months ago. I had Legacy of the Dragonborn installed, and that was killing my game. Since I removed it, no more problems.

Anyway, 2.2 is out now. :)

As promised here is my report ^^

I tried version 2.2 on my existing save first although I still get my random ctd's all over the place the definite ctd, when approaching from the Heartwood Mill was gone. Since there are still too many crashes in that area I created a new save with just the necessary mods and did some testing in and around Blackthorn for an hour or so and I had only one ctd but couldn't recreate that one so I guess it was just a coincidence. The weird thing is that your NPCs still change skin tone sometimes when I have some fun with them even though I have nothing installed that I could think of that would cause this, but as I said is just odd and not really a problem.

Conclusion: 2.2 apparently removed the ctd when approaching Blackthorn and a new save with less mods cleared out the rest ^^

So thanks for the great mod and all your afford these last days

Finally had time this AM to give 2.2 a test on a profile with a minimal set of mods.

Mixed results: the good - crashes from Ivarstead have been greatly reduced. Only crashing 1 time out of 4 as opposed to always. Bad news: when this mod is disabled the crashes stop completely.

I'm sure your answer will be something along the lines of "running too many mods, out of memory, etc," but my usual mod setup contains a metric ton more mods and runs fine without crashes. So, what's going on with Blackthorn? Fucked if I know.  :P

Mods used:

modlist.txt

Maybe you can see something that might conflict.

As promised here is my report ^^

I tried version 2.2 on my existing save first although I still get my random ctd's all over the place the definite ctd, when approaching from the Heartwood Mill was gone. Since there are still too many crashes in that area I created a new save with just the necessary mods and did some testing in and around Blackthorn for an hour or so and I had only one ctd but couldn't recreate that one so I guess it was just a coincidence. The weird thing is that your NPCs still change skin tone sometimes when I have some fun with them even though I have nothing installed that I could think of that would cause this, but as I said is just odd and not really a problem.

Conclusion: 2.2 apparently removed the ctd when approaching Blackthorn and a new save with less mods cleared out the rest ^^

So thanks for the great mod and all your afford these last days

Well, kinda good news I guess. ;) No idea what's up wit the skin changing, I'm afraid.

Finally had time this AM to give 2.2 a test on a profile with a minimal set of mods.

Mixed results: the good - crashes from Ivarstead have been greatly reduced. Only crashing 1 time out of 4 as opposed to always. Bad news: when this mod is disabled the crashes stop completely.

I'm sure your answer will be something along the lines of "running too many mods, out of memory, etc," but my usual mod setup contains a metric ton more mods and runs fine without crashes. So, what's going on with Blackthorn? Fucked if I know.  :P

Mods used:

attachicon.gifmodlist.txt

Maybe you can see something that might conflict.

Bear with me, I don't use MO, so... is that list of mods in order? Meaning does it reflect your Skyrim load order? If so, I am guessing that the last items on the list are actually the top items in Skyrim ... so the list is reversed?

What are: "Bashed Patch - Blackthorn" and "TES5 Merged Patch - Blackthorn"? Tried without those?

What Wyvern posted is the modlist from MO. And indeed it is displayed in reverse order, because of... well... reasons I guess.

What I think the bashed Patch and tes5 merge patch are, are leveled list patches which include Blackthorn. If I read Wyvern correctly over time, he has made a special profile in MO (one of the perks of MO, creating seperate profiles) to test Blackthorn. In order to keep track of so called " output"  files in MO, you best give them a name specific to the profile, i.e. in Wyverns case " bashed patch - Blackthorn" etc. Those output mods won't affect how Blackthorn functions though.

This as gratuitous budding in information.

Meanwhile, I am still combatting installing Skyrim and, specifically MO, on Linux. Unfortunately Linux appears to be winning *grmph* Seems like I made the transition to Linux a bit too brash, without checking if some essential programs I use are available for Linux (which they aren't). So it is not going very smoothly at all...

What Wyvern posted is the modlist from MO. And indeed it is displayed in reverse order, because of... well... reasons I guess.

What I think the bashed Patch and tes5 merge patch are, are leveled list patches which include Blackthorn. If I read Wyvern correctly over time, he has made a special profile in MO (one of the perks of MO, creating seperate profiles) to test Blackthorn. In order to keep track of so called " output"  files in MO, you best give them a name specific to the profile, i.e. in Wyverns case " bashed patch - Blackthorn" etc. Those output mods won't affect how Blackthorn functions though.

This as gratuitous budding in information.

OK ... well, I don't have Wyre/TES5Edit patches in my load, so it is worth testing without those.

Meanwhile, I am still combatting installing Skyrim and, specifically MO, on Linux. Unfortunately Linux appears to be winning *grmph* Seems like I made the transition to Linux a bit too brash, without checking if some essential programs I use are available for Linux (which they aren't). So it is not going very smoothly at all...

Uhm.... forget trying to get MO to work - at least for now. Get Skyrim and SKSE working. Then FNIS. Make sure you can load and play the game, then worry about utilities.

As for MO, it crashes for me 4 out of 5 times, so the only thing I use it for, is extracting mods with optional components, like XPMSE. NMM won't even start.

As for other software, there are usually alternatives. Eg, gimp instead of Photoshop, and so on.

Ok, you 'talked' me into it:

My first Gay male experience in Skyrim...

and I'm loving it :) .

Done this sofar:

Entered town from the Ivarstead side (Hardman farm)

Explored the town a little (it was allready dark)

Found the Inn and offered the Innkeeper to work a shift for him to entertain the customers (RP)

Spent the night at the Inn.

Next day explored the town a bit more, met a few of the citizens (and offcourse tried to improve the relationship with them)

Left town thru the gate near Chip's Pelts.

Returned thru the same gate, made my way to the opposite gate (Followers Barracks).

Left town, ran around a bit and returned into town, again, thru the same gate.

Found the Manor, met Brian and yes, we immediately liked each other and he invited me to move in.

Oh, before I forget this and you probably wanna know:

Running this with SOS Full and SloppySoS,

Devious Devices Assets, Integration & Expansion (for Him ofc) including DCL

Sofar without a single crash.

So, Thanks for sharing this work with us.

P.S. I must admit that I was a bit surprised not being able to find a single (single) woman in town.

Since Blackthorn must be. without doubt. the safest place in the world for them ;)

Bear with me, I don't use MO, so... is that list of mods in order? Meaning does it reflect your Skyrim load order? If so, I am guessing that the last items on the list are actually the top items in Skyrim ... so the list is reversed?

What are: "Bashed Patch - Blackthorn" and "TES5 Merged Patch - Blackthorn"? Tried without those?

Vachnic covered this, and correctly noted the profile name for testing I chose was creatively called 'Blackthorn.' And yes, for some bizarre reason MO outputs that list in reverse.

As for the patches, they don't add anything to the game, nor could either cause problems with your mod.

The TES5 Merged Patch simply scans all the mods in your load order for records that modify anything with the same FormID and allow you to fix conflicts. All that's in my patch for Blackthorn are some SoS armors that were updated by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. (Hooded Mage Robes and Prisoner's Clothes) or have conflicting keywords (some mage robes are marked as SoSConcealing in one mod and SoSRevealing in another.)

WryeBash just merges very small mods that make minimal changes into one mod to free up load order space, and also merges leveled lists to prevent conflicts.

There's nothing in either patch that wouldn't be in my load order anyway. Deactivating them wouldn't change anything for the better.

Ok, you 'talked' me into it:

My first Gay male experience in Skyrim...

and I'm loving it :) .

Done this sofar:

Entered town from the Ivarstead side (Hardman farm)

Explored the town a little (it was allready dark)

Found the Inn and offered the Innkeeper to work a shift for him to entertain the customers (RP)

Spent the night at the Inn.

Next day explored the town a bit more, met a few of the citizens (and offcourse tried to improve the relationship with them)

Left town thru the gate near Chip's Pelts.

Returned thru the same gate, made my way to the opposite gate (Followers Barracks).

Left town, ran around a bit and returned into town, again, thru the same gate.

Found the Manor, met Brian and yes, we immediately liked each other and he invited me to move in.

Oh, before I forget this and you probably wanna know:

Running this with SOS Full and SloppySoS,

Devious Devices Assets, Integration & Expansion (for Him ofc) including DCL

Sofar without a single crash.

So, Thanks for sharing this work with us.

P.S. I must admit that I was a bit surprised not being able to find a single (single) woman in town.

Since Blackthorn must be. without doubt. the safest place in the world for them ;)

Cool!  I'm glad you like the town, and had fun exploring it! :) As for the lack of women, well, let's say that they aren't openly welcomed so they tend to stay away. ;)

The TES5 Merged Patch simply scans all the mods in your load order for records that modify anything with the same FormID and allow you to fix conflicts. All that's in my patch for Blackthorn are some SoS armors that were updated by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. (Hooded Mage Robes and Prisoner's Clothes) or have conflicting keywords (some mage robes are marked as SoSConcealing in one mod and SoSRevealing in another.)

WryeBash just merges very small mods that make minimal changes into one mod to free up load order space, and also merges leveled lists to prevent conflicts.

There's nothing in either patch that wouldn't be in my load order anyway. Deactivating them wouldn't change anything for the better.

Hum, well ... I don't have any such patches and I don't crash; you have them, and you're crashing. So you may well be right that they're harmless, but it can't hurt to test without them just to make sure, right?

----

2.4 is "in progress".... not sure when it will be ready, since I'm trying new (for me) things. All part of the learning experience. :)

I have never gotten ZAZ to play nice with my setup. So I guess I am against it. *holds his piece*

Yes well, given you past issues, your setup is wonky anyway. :D

Btw, got linux sorted yet? Sorry I could give better help!

Did you just call my piece "wonky" ?!

Anyway, I am still having issues with getting my graphics card from crashing (or whatever it is doing). So until I get that sorted there is no point in me getting skyrim up and running, because it will freeze up as soon as I start the program. I have asked nVidia and Acer for help, but well... they are not very forthcoming with information. I am now looking into getting Virtual Box set up and hopefully then I can run MSI Afterburner and setup Skyrim again, unfortunately in a Windows environment again :-\

Did you just call my piece "wonky" ?!

Uh huh ;)

Anyway, I am still having issues with getting my graphics card from crashing (or whatever it is doing). So until I get that sorted there is no point in me getting skyrim up and running, because it will freeze up as soon as I start the program. I have asked nVidia and Acer for help, but well... they are not very forthcoming with information. I am now looking into getting Virtual Box set up and hopefully then I can run MSI Afterburner and setup Skyrim again, unfortunately in a Windows environment again :-\

Tried the mint forums? Might get some help there. Tried Afterburner in wine?

3.1 is up ... this is mostly bug fixes. I might not have bothered except that I noticed a badly misaligned mesh. >.<

Unless there are more people strongly against the idea, the next version and onward will require ZAZ. Those who don't want that can stop with 3.1, I guess. Anyway, hope you like the addition to the town. :)

Oh btw, for those who don't like the new stuff, 2.2 remains available.

4.0 is up - adding ZAZ as a requirement. I left 3.1 up for those who don't want ZAZ components. changes are listed on the download page.

And with this, I think I'm done. I will (try to) fix any bugs that may crop up, but unless there are suggestions, I have nothing more to add. Another town mod has caught my eye... I'll see if it lends itself to being patched. ;)

Can't get into a gay theme for Blackthorn, but kudos to you for expanding on what happens to also be my favorite player made residence. Wonder if we can get a more bondage friendly lesbian Blackthorn somewhere down the line...

Thank you! :)

As for making a lesbian version, it shouldn't be too difficult for someone to take this patch and simply "convert" all the NPCs to female. That would be a good starting point. I have no objection to someone doing that ... a credit and link back is all that I ask. :)

Everything works well! :)

But there are some missing textures

attachicon.gif2015-09-27_00001.jpg

Hmmm... the paintings are the same as those in the manor - do those all display correctly? As for the rest, I'll check, thank you.

Added: fuck-a-duck ... for some reason, the textures were not included in the archive. 

OK, 4.1a uploaded. This has the textures missing from 4.1.

I also found that 3.1 was missing textures. So I just yanked those files.

Since apparently no one noticed this, I guess no one will miss 3.1.

I can't be certain in there is anything wrong with the version of the patch itself,but after I switched to version 4.1 No SOS,the game crashes on start up where it didn't with version 3.

I have all of the required files listed on the download page and in the Creation Kit yet it still crashed.

I might have to check for conflicts with the current version before knowing for sure.

Okay,by installing version 4.1 over version 3,it no longer crashes. A few NPCs have a few face and body tone mismatch, but other than that,it seems stable at the moment.

Oh,and all of the NPCs are considered heterosexual in Sexlab for whatever reason.

Well, you need 4.1a - 4.1 had a ton of missing textures.

As for SexLab seeing them as hetero, check in SexLab Aroused; that's where they are set to prefer males.

As for the rest, no idea I'm afraid. I've really been getting so little feedback that I don't know how common - or not - those issues are.

Version 5.0 is up. This is basically 4.x with all the Zaz and sex act removed. The intent was to reduce "lag" for those who had problems with it.

If you want the zaz and sex stuff, stick with 4.1a; if you prefer to do without, get 5.0.

And this time - barring bug fixes, I really am finished. :)