How far Sexlab is from Lovers.

Arhon

SKSE (and other utils made exclusively for skyrim) allow A LOT more than OBSE ever will.

Thats why Sexlab is and will be far ahead of anything else and it wont change until sexout for fallout 4 would go full steam ahead (which wont happen soon).

The two systems aren't much alike, and while one could make an endless list of all the petty little things each system can do better, the major ones are:

-Sexlab relies on Skyrim not having script delay. Script delay is very common if you're running a script-heavy mod setup, and thus it is inherently limited by what you have installed. This is much less the case with Lovers (I am yet to find a mod list I cannot make run).

-Lovers cannot have more than two actors in an act. You can get more "people" in, or "creatures", but they will necessarily be animated statics that appear when the act starts and disappear when it ends. Code could've been written to get around this, but unfortunately there are no animators that would take on the admittedly daunting task of creating animations for more than one creature for each skeleton in order to make the code have any kind of value.

-Sexlab has more quest\misc content. This isn't much in the way of the framework being better, it's just having more stuff.

On the other hand, Lovers has more animations.

Saying that one system is better than another is pointless, because it depends on personal preference; aqqh here has demonstrated that perfectly by saying that "Sexlab is and will be far ahead of anything else", while I would say I actually prefer Lovers for it's sheer dependability and variety of animations.

-Sexlab has more quest\misc content. This isn't much in the way of the framework being better, it's just having more stuff.

On the other hand, Lovers has more animations.

disputable statement.

Actually, there is one big plus for SL, it is a way of rendering of Skyrim. The main disadvantage in animation for SL, though, some animation for the pair may be computed on different cores, it sometimes confuses synchronicity (for long animation, for example).

In all other, this is very far to the Lovers System.

=======================================================

By the way, I was doing the Lovers mod **for three**, it is difficult, but it can be done.

I never said it was impossible, I said it will be impossible to justify the added code to standardize threesomes into the actual framework, due to a lack of animations for groups with creatures and even between actors.

For the record, Friends and Lovers is also capable of threesome animations, and CLS includes scenes with far more than three. It is possible to run all three mods at the same time, if you are so inclined (although I believe CLS uses static coordinates and thus cannot operate as a framework).

I never said it was impossible, I said it will be impossible to justify the added code to standardize threesomes into the actual framework, due to a lack of animations for groups with creatures and even between actors.

For the record, Friends and Lovers is also capable of threesome animations, and CLS includes scenes with far more than three. It is possible to run all three mods at the same time, if you are so inclined (although I believe CLS uses static coordinates and thus cannot operate as a framework).

I did it through a standard Lovers callback function.

there was only a problem with the synchronization of the third actor. Yes, this fixes in the Lovers system, but it does not matter ...

Sexlab mods in general have more to offer to submissive (female) PC characters. Lovers mods have variety of both submissive and dominant mods.

I can hardly  find any mods for dominant player characters from Sexlab. Most of them are for female player characters.

I don't like the motions and sounds details in SL.( feel they're so crude! realy so crude! motion progress is flashy and no cadences. It just like playing a motion list, not having sex. No details and No feeling at all).

That's why I still stay at Oblivion.

I still prefer xLovers over Sexlab due to the fact that Oblivion as the DMRA body, and I can turn the men into zombies during sex - neither of which I can do with Sexlab despite its other advantages.

In addition, I find it easier to customize the voice sets in xLovers.

So it is personal preference for me.

Eric

@erc1971

You can use the clothing converter and convert a skyrim body to the DRMA body. You just have to make sure to find a skyrim body that is close to the oblivion body size otherwise you'll get flat/imploded boobs. I used the UNPB _1 body for this conversion then ran it through mesh rigger to add TBBP. You will also have to run the oblivion body through Gerra6's pose converter to convert the pose from oblivion to skyrim if you don't it will convert shitty. When you run everything through the clothing converter you can't use the UV map search.

post-25667-0-01862300-1440348814_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-16238300-1440348825_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-15798900-1440348886_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-96865600-1440349009_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-16770100-1440349030_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-17756600-1440349070_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think instead of comparing lovers to sexlab and looking at what we don't have, we should be happy and grateful for what we do have. It's in an amazing system and, yes it may be limited in many ways, but still has many features and is highly customizeable. 

In the end Oblivion is an amazing game that's been kept alive by its modders, they pump so much life into this game you'd think Oblivion would have lung problems XD, It's because of their hard work that we can still play this game without getting bored from doing the same quests over and over. So we should be thankful :3

Archived