OSex+ The Greatest Virtual Sex Ever

I think it's here: meshes -> OSA -> _0S -> Config

There is no .ini file in my OSA/OSex directory. Only MasterAnimationKey.txt and MasterAnimationList.txt. Should I reinstall OSEX again? Or maybe somebody could post contents of the file (including exact title)?

In your animation you also did full body movement during thrust. What im looking for is more hip movement (similar to that spooning) for male who is using his hands mostly for support. (see pic).

plumber-blowjob-position.jpg

I think moving his knees directly next to her shoulders and then maybe spreading them should give all the alignment neccessary for thrusting in her throat (its 2 axis adjustment). Try it on the floor :D

For jerk off he can just raise himself bit higher.

I like this position for its total domination :P

Thanks for the answer! Where do I have to look for _config.ini ? Tried general search but no luck.

\meshes\0SA\_0S\Config\_config.ini

I think it's here: meshes -> OSA -> _0S -> Config

There is no .ini file in my OSA/OSex directory. Only MasterAnimationKey.txt and MasterAnimationList.txt. Should I reinstall OSEX again? Or maybe somebody could post contents of the file (including exact title)?

You could try reinstalling. Here's a picture of where the config ini is located.

post-752717-0-56670500-1465317383_thumb.png

Browsing the internet just a lot of complaints about 1.08. To boring, can't fist animals, to much clipping, no rape (More preaching that OSA isn't a framework and followers of this thread know what that does to me.).

And there isn't even a patch for Skyrim paralax ! Boo !  Boooo ! I'm afraid gamers are often egoistic, ungrateful and stupid. 7 years of MMO taught me that. Moreover the more stupid they are the more they complain while the ones who are happy just give a "thank you".

So if you are expecting stupid people to suddenly become smart I'm afraid you will be disappointed. :s But what is important? To be acknowledged by the idiots or by the smart ones?

Moreover if it is a bit more "fame" you're looking for there is still no sex mod on FO4. If you were to be the first to bring a sexmod to FO4 you would get more than a few thumbs up.  ;)

ps :

Atm I think the best thing you could do for your mod is to add new animations. It seems to be easier to do for you than coding which always mess up the mod in a way or another. And in th end it is the thing that please people the most. There are a few loose ends here and there.

- spooning (you're already taking care of this one. Leito also updated his spooning aniamtion very recently)

- lotus

- reverse lotus (see reverse lotus 2 from nibble)

- reverse cowgirl (see Leito)

- more cowgirl animations (for example see Riekling cowgirl from Leito, especially what the girl is doing with her arms above her head at the end)

- doggystyle could have two options at the end. one would be for the man to lay his body on the woman (see what the man does at the end of this gallery : http://www.loverslab.com/blog/347/entry-2328-christmas-fairy-highly-nsfw/),second option would be for the man to grab the ass of the woman, pull it closer and lift it up while the rest of her body is laying on the floor)

transitions :

- direct transition between reverse standing and reverse lotus

- direct transition between lotus and missionary (possibly without pulling out)

- direct transition between doggystyle and spooning without pulling out

And add kissing everywhere !!

I wish Leito, Nibble or Anub were helping you ...

good luck ^^

Don't really know what to do about it, since launch I've been partially motivated to please people where as before it was just a hobby to kill some time. It's a substantial time investment but trivial outcome (statistically?) also especially in context to what it actually amounts to.

I say do nothing about it. Make the mod according to what you want to see in the game yourself. If you try to make others happy (and they are not paying you) you'll just get burnt out.

You already have way more patience for the inevitable unreasonableness of the internet than I do.

You'd have the following sort of configuration:

OSA

• Framework scripts (everything that would be needed by any OSA mod)
  • Framework UI files (loading, navigation, selection, etc)
  • The OSA.esm
  • A very small demo plugin, maybe with ~1-2 animations and transitions (opt)
  • Reference material (opt).

OSex

• Animation scripts (or other scripts needed by OSex but not OSA)
  • Animation UI files (such as all the menu art for the OSex positions, OSex layout, etc)
  • A seperate OSex.esp

That would be the best advice I could give, though I realize it may represent a ton of work to separate out the two projects.

My issue with that is that it would be a bunch of work just to accommodate some peoples uninformed notion of what a framework is. It wouldn't actually add any value for anyone.

A framework can include content, a UI and a core installation. It really seems random to me that confusion over what a software framework is has become an ongoing theme. Where is that coming from?

This mod is so high-quality that i almost cannot believe that is for free. Thanks for this and fuck the haters.

This ^^^^!!!!! Also what Cema said is so true about gamers, so please CEO dont let any of that crap bum you out! I have played MMO for several years myself, and have learned to avoid the forums. All that is said there is bitch, moan, and more bitching. You cant please everyone, hell, you cant please hardly anyone! I suggest to stay true to the vision you have for OSEX, because if making that the best you can pleases you, then thats all the people you need to make happy! But! I have been following this mod since launch, and from what I have read here looks like your making a hell of a lot of people happy with it. Like Shinji said you have taken modding Skyrim to a whole new level, and not ONE of the bitchy, basment dwelling nerds talking shit can say that!

P.S. Also, WHAT is the obsession with rape??? Why??? EWWWWW!!!!!

As for the framework issue, the reason SexLab is viewed by others as a "framework" when OSA isn't is probably due to the fact that, on its own, SexLab doesn't do anything.  If SexLab came with an integrated and comprehensive animation mod built in, it would likely be viewed the same way as OSex.  To be honest the best way to get OSA to catch on as a framework is probably to separate OSA and OSex into two different downloads, where people can use OSex as a concrete example of what a plugin for OSA looks like and how to build one.

The engineer inside me agrees. The marketer inside me disagrees.

I'm very hesitant to say anything because CEO is so good at visual branding. But, I agree with Kinky's point about the brand's name. The mod can only be found on the Nexus by searching for "CEO" in the author field. I've known about the mod for months (since I came back to Skyrim) and I can't remember its Nexus name without finding its Nexus page and copying the name so I can paste it, "0S3SEKSY NET 9000". "Animated Prostitution" and "Adult Show XXX" are brands that look like what they are. "Sexlab" looks like it belongs with them, but technically it doesn't. This is to Sexlab's benefit.

I could go into all kinds of SEO and branding arguments about the name but for the sake of brevity, I won't. We all know it's true.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason to separate the two would be so you can rename 0Sex something easier to understand and find, something like "Sex in Tamriel". Then release all the other stuff, (wizard, bad boy/girls) as separate mods, which will keep throwing your system in front of people's faces and make it look well supported. I see no reason you can't release the Bad series on the Nexus. I've seen those animations. It isn't rape, beasty or pedo. It isn't even Bondage, S&M or anal. It's more like a guy got a little over-excited and grabbed the chick's head for a couple thrusts, which is by no means unnatural or unrealistic. Release the packs to reinforce the new brand but don't make them sound more aggressive than they are. "Animation Pack 1 for Sex In Tamriel." That sort of thing. Finding one of them would result in finding all of them.

Remember, there is a tentacle rape mod on the Nexus and it isn't banned. There is also another mod that involves torturing and killing naked women and it isn't banned. The 0S Bad series isn't close to being in that kind of category (thank gawd).

If you want the most popular adult-oriented mod on the Nexus, my advice would be to finish OSA Skyrim as fast as possible and start working on an FO4 version, even if all the nuts and bolts for animating in FO4 aren't ready yet. Call the mod "Sex in Fallout" or something as simple. Top 10 adult mod guaranteed, probably #2 behind Caliente and its users would be looking for the same name and author for TESVI, "Sex in Tamriel". I say this, even though I'm a bigger Skyrim fan than FO4 fan. The first sex mod for FO4 will get millions of downloads and tens of thousands of endorsements even if it sucks. Yours won't suck. It will be better than anything for any other game.

My issue with that is that it would be a bunch of work just to accommodate some peoples uninformed notion of what a framework is. It wouldn't actually add any value for anyone.

A framework can include content, a UI and a core installation. It really seems random to me that confusion over what a software framework is has become an ongoing theme. Where is that coming from?

Drawing a clear distinction is probably the only way people are likely to make other mods using the framework.  Without the ability to point to one thing and say "this is the framework" and point to another and say "and this is how you use it" it seems less likely people will use it to make additional mods.  Documentation could solve this, but I am not sure that would be any less work.

Drawing a clear distinction is probably the only way people are likely to make other mods using the framework.  Without the ability to point to one thing and say "this is the framework" and point to another and say "and this is how you use it" it seems less likely people will use it to make additional mods.  Documentation could solve this, but I am not sure that would be any less work.

I'm skeptical that the people who don't understand that it already is a framework are actually a group of people capable of making a mod with it no matter how it's split up.

I also don't think that mod-making-capable folks don't already know about this mod. It's just not that vast of a space of tools/options.

Of course, I could be out of my mind and completely wrong. :)

My 30 cents:

A. The API without documentation was over the heads of the common quest-builder modder. The documentation released may help with this group. It only went out recently.

B. It is at least in part an animation framework which is different than a start-sex-during-a-quest framework. And there are way fewer animator modders than there are quest-builder types. On top of that, animators typically aren't also coders. This is why I suggested that maybe we shouldn't wait for animators to show up who want to code their work in. But, rather recruit animators and go ahead and integrate their work for them. A huge group of new animations could be added to the framework in a day or two. It's the animation work itself that is hard to come by. Expecting animators to also learn xml and code it in could be a significant hurdle.

C. A lot of modding energy is going into Fallout 4 now. That is only going to be more skewed as key tools start to come out. Skilled modders may be reluctant to spend time in Skyrim when they could be working on the latest game.

In your animation you also did full body movement during thrust. What im looking for is more hip movement (similar to that spooning) for male who is using his hands mostly for support. (see pic).

I think moving his knees directly next to her shoulders and then maybe spreading them should give all the alignment neccessary for thrusting in her throat (its 2 axis adjustment). Try it on the floor :D

For jerk off he can just raise himself bit higher.

I like this position for its total domination :P

Oh I see! I didn't see the reference picture. So not even thrusting as you said, maybe a little grinding if at all?

I agree with you, for something like that, aligning the male knees to the female shoulder should probably work. Changing the angle of the feet (and thus legs) would allow you to lower the hips/groin to be much closer like in the picture as well.

A. The API without documentation was over the heads of the common quest-builder modder. The documentation released may help with this group. It only went out recently.

Yep.

B. It is at least in part an animation framework which is different than a start-sex-during-a-quest framework. And there are way fewer animator modders than there are quest-builder types. On top of that, animators typically aren't also coders. This is why I suggested that maybe we shouldn't wait for animators to show up who want to code their work in. But, rather recruit animators and go ahead and integrate their work for them. A huge group of new animations could be added to the framework in a day or two. It's the animation work itself that is hard to come by. Expecting animators to also learn xml and code it in could be a significant hurdle.

There are a ton of animations of various quality already available but they lack the transitions needed to make them comparable to 0Sex. I'm not sure this matters for example purposes. We could probably grab Umpa's dance animations off the Nexus and turn them into an OSA plugin pretty quickly. I think Leito also has a pretty cool dance in one of his packs here.

C. A lot of modding energy is going into Fallout 4 now. That is only going to be more skewed as key tools start to come out. Skilled modders may be reluctant to spend time in Skyrim when they could be working on the latest game.

This becomes more true each day. Although, I don't believe FO4 will ever be as big as Skyrim. It is bigger now, but not as big as Skyrim was in its heyday. FO3 and FONV were not as big as Oblivion. I'm not sure it's that the fantasy genre is more well liked than the apocalypse genre. I think it's because each FO release essentially tells the exact same story as the previous FO. Each TES is in the same world but tells a new story. The writing for Skyrim is vastly superior to the writing for FO4.

@ pipdude, migal, sf

While all of you guys have really good and valid points lets return to the present for a bit.

This mod started for CEO as a hobby but it turned into lots of work. With all of you he got a lot of help and this amazing mod was created. Now we have this mod but it has some serious issues that needs fixing. It will not matter if users or developers are interested or not if the mod is crashing the game. Fixing this should be highest priority. Worse thing that can happen is leave it unfinished and buggy.

That being said lets not forget that this is just a mod for a game and not full time job for anyone. It will not save the world or

make everyone rich. Also it will not be immortal or of the highest priority in everyones lives. The point of it is fun, sex and creativity.

CEO already set to himself a lot of goals that are hard to do. While he did mention a port to FO4 it is highly possible that he burns out along the way especialy if he has to redo everything / most of it from start. What im trying to say is he doesnt have to be the one to do the port (at least i doubt he wants to go for another "6 months of coding" run :D . probably less but still long time).

At least port doesnt have to happen any time soon. (Are you all ready to jump in and help when that time comes?)

When code side for Skyrim is finished and working great then it can become hobby again and at that point it doesnt even matter if there will be new developers or not (but knowing this mods potential i bet there will be).

Also i agree that Fallout may not be as popular as Skyrim no matter if its newer game. I am one of those who prefer fantasy over apocaliptic world and so are many others.

There are a ton of animations of various quality already available but they lack the transitions needed to make them comparable to 0Sex. I'm not sure this matters for example purposes. We could probably grab Umpa's dance animations off the Nexus and turn them into an OSA plugin pretty quickly. I think Leito also has a pretty cool dance in one of his packs here.

Yeah. Some animators might be willing to share their project files if someone was willing to do the work to fill in blanks/transitions.

This becomes more true each day. Although, I don't believe FO4 will ever be as big as Skyrim. It is bigger now, but not as big as Skyrim was in its heyday. FO3 and FONV were not as big as Oblivion. I'm not sure it's that the fantasy genre is more well liked than the apocalypse genre. I think it's because each FO release essentially tells the exact same story as the previous FO. Each TES is in the same world but tells a new story. The writing for Skyrim is vastly superior to the writing for FO4.

I think the post-apocalypse setting is just depressing in comparison. But, this release is more moddable with CreationKit. So, maybe that aspect is more fixable. There are already vegetation mods that give it a more alive look.

Looks Pretty good . Its hip movement more then whole body movement for him so knee in the air seems bit strange. Perhaps moving his knees directly outside of her shoulders would solve this. For her i would only change leg position to a bit spread legs both feet on the ground.

About ppl saying dumb things... ignore it :) ... and it would be good to create new mod page when you solve ctd issues (then link to it from old page) to hit hotfiles again. It can help you spread the word that you want to spread. Online talk you hear could still be from people who are not even aware that there is 0sex 1.08.

Also i like your spooning animations. :)

https://gfycat.com/AlarmingJitteryGelding

You were right. Looks like moving the knees up and turning out the leg helped align it more with the photo. Also allowed hips to be low enough for more of a hip grinding motion with static upper body.

Hi Vamp,

All the development features I have talked about in the past are now able to be developed for in OSA / OSex. They need documentation on how to do it which I'm working on now but the ability is there to do almost of all of it. Here's a run down on what's in:

- MODULE: Modules like OSex for OSA can be made by anyone using all the features in OSex. What's needed to do this is the ability to export an .hkx animation that Skyrim will take and typing into XML documents to set up your scenes. (I have guides on the front page for making Skyrim ready animations so this should be within anyone's grasp.) There's no CK or Papyrus needed. I have the "OSA Developers Module" on nexus at the moment which is a template for making a scene, it's a bare minimal 2 scene 2 transition module to be used as a starting point to build a module off of. I will finish documentation to go with the developers module shortly.

- PERSONA: Personalities (SexDentities) can be made which can be used uniquely for a specific NPC or as one of the defaults the script will pick from randomly if an actor doesn't have a defined personality. Currently personalities involve, Expressions, Sounds, Sound Patterns, Reactions and lip Sync shapes.

To come they will expand soon to also revolve around stats like arousal customization and bodystat customization (like tightness, thresholds for climax, likes this but doesn't like that etc.) This part will come with OSex 1.09.

-SOUND PACKS: OSA can take custom sound packs now for voices, spanks, and intimate body sounds.

- PROFILE: Similar to Persona but purely RP based text that doesn't have script consequence. Persona is for impacting behavior and sound where as Profile is just flavor text that OSA can display. Profile is a very early concept which I'm looking to expand on with ideas from others. You can define a profile now for actors using the basic blocks that are in place so far. (Documentation of it so far is complete, the button is bellow)

- API OSA/OSex does have an API now. It's fairly brief at the moment and will be growing soon. (Documentation of it so far is complete, the button is bellow)

On your note I can send events out for anything you want just tell me what you need. It's registering everything even the smallest details like each thrust so it can communicate to papyrus what ever you might need. The only channel I have is mod events to speak to Papyrus so it will all be handled that way.

Thanks so much, I had no idea these were present in your link block. All the nice little pictures meld together for me when I skim over the front page at times.

Having read over your API documentation in the features to come section I think that having the ability to adjust profile information would be really cool. Being able to persist it (retain the original if it exists and have new ones in a different location perhaps?) would be very neat for narrative npc relationships for special followers etc. I would consider a persistence option for this stuff if you have not already.

For profile I would also consider adding some "persona based" text to the screen. For example, you have the "tightness" stat you gave an example of in your potential stats for persona to track, Maybe part of the API could be , in addition to changing values in the persona, grabbing "generated" text descriptors of some stat's value.

Say I have tightness stat of 1.0 and I want to describe that as "very tight" in some xml that has a list of descriptors for values between say 1.0 and 0.9

I can then ask the mod, "What desciption is this tightness value?" and then  it can lookup the value and give me some string back.

Overall I think having persona in some way provide automatic info to some fields in profile might be cool if you wanted to use any of that.

Secondly about the API, if you have not already I think considering in your event announcements, it would be nice to know for example if someone did some specific position or action. I am sure you are thinking about that already but I feel like that could be great for again, narrative type mods. MAybe some npc REALLY likes cowgirl position and you can only succeed with that position or something for example.

I know these are probably things you have thought about for the most part but I wanted to engage and let you know through participation, that your work is really cool and we all appreciate it.

I will check out the example scene you have on nexus if I can, though I might end up never actually releasing any useful animations anyway :shy:

CEO,

When you first started this mod, I was intrigued by the detail you had put into it. The fluidity, how natural it all seemed and the documentation that went with it. It was all very well put together and thought out. 

And I thought to myself, my Skyrim is complete. 

Then you made an update.

And another update.

And another update. 

And another update. 

And time and time again, you work diligently to add new features and you have gone so far as to make this a framework for future developers to work on. 

I don't know where you are reading those disheartening comments from, but far as I am concerned this is one hell of a mod. 

I think I read that 1.09(?) would introduce a way to access biographies outside of an active scene. Is there currently (or planned) a way to scroll through a biography if it takes up more space than the initial page can fit on a screen?

Similarly, is it (going) to be possible to set up custom definitions inside the player profile.ini file? For example, adding in a field like "Favorite Pokemon:" or are the set definitions locked?

Thanks guys for the dialogue on the project and the nice comments! I do understand that I should do what I enjoy and the learning and experience of this project plus the response has all been a rush for me!  There is a grey area though in opening it up to public where enjoy overlaps with acceptance and approval, can't be helped I think for example setting up an allowCockScale ini isn't the most captivating thing I've ever done so there's always a part that does things in hope that it will improve the mods standing and acceptance or make people happy. The point isn't so much about acknowledgment or fame in that regard, I think it's just that a system like this has a high cost in time to make, regardless if I had higher coding skill or didn't make revisions/tests and knew exactly what do from the start,

The wonderful fanbase of this project is a very small niche even of the narrow range of people that would be interested in adult interactions in video games. Frankly I am surprised, of how unimpactful it is within that realm even and maybe that's just arrogance talking but I believe the system does offer somethings that even professional adult games at the moment aren't touching on really. Regardless of if Fo4 is new Skyrim is dead etc. OSex doesn't really have to be about Skyrim. The main intention of it is to be a sex sim that can use a high end engine to get realistic visual potential.

I could potentially rig up something that made sex in fall out 4 but I'd be doing that for people outside of my niche that support this project, or wants seamless, transitions, controllable, animations (In striving just to do it to get it first). OSex benefits a great deal from Skyrim's tenure by taking advantage of the full toolset generated over years by the modding community: In my mind it's the golden age of skyrim modding. When it comes to acceptance however the solution most likely is simply playing paired animations on a new game with an emphasis on aggresive content because the lack here seems to be the hardest selling point. I can accept that and OSA doesn't need that to justify making it. I'm trying to deliver an onpar amount of animations to the entire contributing animators to prior mods who've had 10+ animators at this point, It's hard as a single animator that isn't willing to animate rape content to deliver what's expected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the separation of OSex and OSA basically in place now in terms of files and systems. What I'll do is pursue the idea to release OSA on nexus. I don't feel right relaunching a new version of OSex to get hotfile again but OSA could go up as it's own page which would hotfile most likely, if I release it in sync with an OSex patch requiring OSA download it could FOM if i make the extra features look nice enough maybe. (on a slow month)

This would draw back a second wind of publicity to OSex and maybe get users aware of some the lighter stuff they can at least do in OSA to get started. I'm going to wait until I have the improved chat boxes/message boxes addition to OSA a little fleshed out to give it one more element as a framework resource to developers for some extra appeal. I'll flesh out profile a little more too which and get documentation complete. This will give me time for a super stable 1.08 with some plugins for when the publicity hits. I'll change OS3KSY to be called OSex since nexus links are by serial code and will not be effected by a change in name, and from this point out I will stop using the 0 and use O in all cases, (Except the actual module id). It will add a whole world of trouble shooting with a 2 spot download to initiate OSex but I think whatever benefits it might have to making the engine aspect of OSA clear and in getting a second burst of attention would be worth it.

Thanks guys for the discussion and for allowing me to be emotional about the project here. 

*Edited this a bit for being to ranty / not conveying right what I was trying to say. 

@ pipdude, migal, sf

While all of you guys have really good and valid points lets return to the present for a bit.

This mod started for CEO as a hobby but it turned into lots of work. With all of you he got a lot of help and this amazing mod was created. Now we have this mod but it has some serious issues that needs fixing. It will not matter if users or developers are interested or not if the mod is crashing the game. Fixing this should be highest priority. Worse thing that can happen is leave it unfinished and buggy.

That being said lets not forget that this is just a mod for a game and not full time job for anyone. It will not save the world or

make everyone rich. Also it will not be immortal or of the highest priority in everyones lives. The point of it is fun, sex and creativity.

CEO already set to himself a lot of goals that are hard to do. While he did mention a port to FO4 it is highly possible that he burns out along the way especialy if he has to redo everything / most of it from start. What im trying to say is he doesnt have to be the one to do the port (at least i doubt he wants to go for another "6 months of coding" run :D . probably less but still long time).

At least port doesnt have to happen any time soon. (Are you all ready to jump in and help when that time comes?)

When code side for Skyrim is finished and working great then it can become hobby again and at that point it doesnt even matter if there will be new developers or not (but knowing this mods potential i bet there will be).

Also i agree that Fallout may not be as popular as Skyrim no matter if its newer game. I am one of those who prefer fantasy over apocaliptic world and so are many others.

I can help with the port the same way I've pitched in on this one. Just from a dev perspective, I don't think it would make sense for a new dev to completely copy it. Dev is a bit like art with every developer having their own approach to things. Anyway, it seems like a ways out before all of the tools will be ready.

On the Skyrim version. I'm happy to help as I can. Helping itself has just become a bit more difficult. When I first got involved it was easier because we made a major shift to using Flash. So, it was a blank slate. Now, there is a large body of code to consider. So, troubleshooting is more complex. It may be beyond what is practical to do via forum posts.

I think I read that 1.09(?) would introduce a way to access biographies outside of an active scene. Is there currently (or planned) a way to scroll through a biography if it takes up more space than the initial page can fit on a screen?

Similarly, is it (going) to be possible to set up custom definitions inside the player profile.ini file? For example, adding in a field like "Favorite Pokemon:" or are the set definitions locked?

Hi Proxy,

I can definitely do that. The reason I didn't do that to start is that these main stats can be translated to different languages. Custom stats would have a much harder time getting translated I'll see to adding them in, it's a nice idea.

I'll have inspect key sooner then 1.09 it's pretty minimal work, it will bring up something like the info > character menu now with added features for profile. It will also be used to add actors to a targeting list, like your "cast" basically for 3+ actor scenes in the future, since it takes more then a spell to trigger those scenes to get the 3+ actors in. I'm getting functionality to just see all actors in range / get your follower to join in but I thought the idea of a list you could assemble by quickly inspecting and adding actors to would aid in setting up scenes with lots of actors in it. (Like an actor palette you can pick from that you can inspect > include them into.)

I'm not sure I can get bio to scroll but I can absolutely get it to turn pages so I'll see about implementing that and if I can figure out how to scroll it I'll switch it out for that. On top of Bio + Overview could be other things, maybe similar pages to Bio that segment different kinds of information. History / Current story things like that. Also there could be total toggles for the Overview display completely differently so even that layout doesn't have to be set in stone we can do whatever have switches in the ini for just about anything.